2 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

Almost sounds like something that SexLab Kidnapped Redux would do

Possibly. In this case it was definitely ND. It looked exactly the same as when ND incapacitates followers during a regular defeat... and also I don't have Kidnapped installed :)

14 hours ago, ThrasherHosh said:

I am running into an issue where I surrender using the hotkey, but I continuously get the message "the guards have defeated you, but don't want to ...". Do you know if there is a way to get around this?

well, are there any guards around when you surrender?
at the moment if there are guards present Naked Defeat will not start to not break eventual guard dialogue. 

In other terms, when you are defeated or surrender during a fight in a city or with nearby guards, ND will always bring the dialogue above. 
At the moment there is no alternative, since guard dialogue will interfere with naked defeats scenes. I want to improve this at some point, tho.

Or does the message also appear when you surrender to some bandits in the wilderness? 

11 minutes ago, LordsDu71 said:

Recently I got bugs with the mod.

When enemies defeat me, I got the "You are fucked" message.

Animation start and stop like 2sec after with the message "your ennemies [...] ! Run !" (something like that).

It happened with many ennemies, human and creature.

I need a papyrus.log as text file or I cant figure out what might be happening here.

this is something I never encountered. 

49 minutes ago, LordsDu71 said:

Papyrus.0.log I just launch my game, do I need to cause the bug ?

erm... yes of course.

the log saves stuff that Naked Defeat and Sexlab are doing during the "bug situation". this might give me a hint on what goes wrong.

just on a sidenote: when that "happens" do you wear any Devious Devices?

25 minutes ago, Nymra said:

erm... yes of course.

the log saves stuff that Naked Defeat and Sexlab are doing during the "bug situation". this might give me a hint on what goes wrong.

just on a sidenote: when that "happens" do you wear any Devious Devices?

I'll try it tomorrow.

And no, I didn't wear any DD.

Rolled back to beta 3, turned off the mod, saved, booted, turned on. Launched the ReSaver, cleaned the save.

But all the same, there are such error messages.

stack:
    [nade_AllegianceQuest (9C000837)].nade_allegiancequest_qf_scr.Fragment_1() - "<savegame>" Line ?
[10/18/2021 - 11:42:58AM] NAKED DEFEAT: allegiancequest stage 1000 (END)
[10/18/2021 - 11:42:58AM] Error: Attempting to manipulate variable "ActorPresent" was not successfully looked up

How can you clear the save from chunks of old code?

1 hour ago, axone_zero said:

Rolled back to beta 3, turned off the mod, saved, booted, turned on. Launched the ReSaver, cleaned the save.

But all the same, there are such error messages.

stack:
    [nade_AllegianceQuest (9C000837)].nade_allegiancequest_qf_scr.Fragment_1() - "<savegame>" Line ?
[10/18/2021 - 11:42:58AM] NAKED DEFEAT: allegiancequest stage 1000 (END)
[10/18/2021 - 11:42:58AM] Error: Attempting to manipulate variable "ActorPresent" was not successfully looked up

How can you clear the save from chunks of old code?

ReSaver (Fallrim Tools)

you can delete all scripts related to Naked Defeat manually from there. 

I also hope I can release the full version today, might be installting that fixes the problem too. 

In General: do NOT try betas on important saves, the disclaimer is there for a reason. 
I need the betas to FIND that sort of problems because I usually cannot find them all by myself alone :(

Edited by Nymra

I have a problem where I'm using Dynamic Animation Replacer and both Dynamic Female Idles (for normal gameplay) and the Aroused Sexy Idles for DAR on LL (for when character is aroused), and those random idles seem to be interering with whatever is supposed to be happening after the initial rape in this mod.  (IOW, the rape scenes work fine, including furniture, but when the whipping occurs the character just does one of the idles from either pack.)

I have the idea that I only need to change the conditions in both those packs to include "is not in Harmless Faction" because from what I understand the player enters that faction while this mod is operative.  But I don't know exactly how I should word the addition to the conditions texts in the DAR idles packs.  Does anyone happen to know?

(Or alternatively, if someone knows a more elegant way around this, that would be greatly appreciated.) 

[Later note:  I think I'm doing this right, I looked up the form ID for the harmless faction in this mod in xEdit, and it seems to be 4E164F97, so I've added the condition, NOT IsInFaction("NakedDefeat.esp" | 0x4E164F97) as an "AND" condition to each conditions.tx for each animation in both packs.  Wish me luck :) ]

Edited by gurugeorge
25 minutes ago, gurugeorge said:

I have a problem where I'm using Dynamic Animation Replacer and both Dynamic Female Idles (for normal gameplay) and the Aroused Sexy Idles for DAR on LL (for when character is aroused), and those random idles seem to be interering with whatever is supposed to be happening after the initial rape in this mod.  (IOW, the rape scenes work fine, including furniture, but when the whipping occurs the character just does one of the idles from either pack.)

I have the idea that I only need to change the conditions in both those packs to include "is not in Harmless Faction" because from what I understand the player enters that faction while this mod is operative.  But I don't know exactly how I should word the addition to the conditions texts in the DAR idles packs.  Does anyone happen to know?

(Or alternatively, if someone knows a more elegant way around this, that would be greatly appreciated.) 

DAR needs to respect DHLP suspend events or it is just incompatible with everything on Loverslab.

meaning DAR needs active scripts that listen for DHLP suspend start and end and stop any DAR idle during that time. 

I doubt that any faction check is sufficient here.

EDIT: 

ok, this is based on my scripting PTSD... so if it really works to check for a certain faction, please let me know and I can add the PC to that faction during Naked Defeat Scenario.

If I can send a mod event to DAR or do anything else on Naked Defeats side to prevent that from happening, please let me know, too.

I dropped DAR with no intent to ever use it again for the exact reason of this interfering with basically anything without any second thoughts... like a good idea badly executed

Edited by Nymra
1 hour ago, Nymra said:

DAR needs to respect DHLP suspend events or it is just incompatible with everything on Loverslab.

meaning DAR needs active scripts that listen for DHLP suspend start and end and stop any DAR idle during that time. 

I doubt that any faction check is sufficient here.

EDIT: 

ok, this is based on my scripting PTSD... so if it really works to check for a certain faction, please let me know and I can add the PC to that faction during Naked Defeat Scenario.

If I can send a mod event to DAR or do anything else on Naked Defeats side to prevent that from happening, please let me know, too.

I dropped DAR with no intent to ever use it again for the exact reason of this interfering with basically anything without any second thoughts... like a good idea badly executed

Aww, it would be a shame if there's an incompatibility, the random changing idles make the character more alive-feeling.  I'll be starting a new game later so I'll let you know if the faction tweak works (hopefully I've gotten the condition right).

56 minutes ago, gurugeorge said:

Aww, it would be a shame if there's an incompatibility, the random changing idles make the character more alive-feeling.  I'll be starting a new game later so I'll let you know if the faction tweak works (hopefully I've gotten the condition right).

when it is possible I would love to achieve compatibility with DAR since I would like to use it myself.

lets see if we can make it work.

btw: there is no harmless faction that is added during Naked Defeat. Might that is an artifact of earlier versions of ND or when you have the "guard punishment" of the 3.01 version active.

With guard punishment  OFF there is no harmless faction :(

I dont know exactly which conditions DAR uses, but you could try these:

GetPlayerControls()

Queries whether this actor receives player input

-> Naked Defeat disables player controls, so maybe this works as a condition.

GetSitState()

Obtains this actor's sit state.

-> this will only work for furniture stuff but still break all other idles i m afraid

I will upload the next version as a beta and add a faction to the PC during defeat so we can test this for a full release.

Just now, Herowynne said:

The obvious one - Embershard Mine has a falling rock trap near the entrance.

aaaah! yes, true! I knew there was a mine with that somewhere. thx

still gathering locations for the other traps tho, need them to test the planned "OnTrap" event scenario :) 

3 hours ago, Nymra said:

when it is possible I would love to achieve compatibility with DAR since I would like to use it myself.

lets see if we can make it work.

btw: there is no harmless faction that is added during Naked Defeat. Might that is an artifact of earlier versions of ND or when you have the "guard punishment" of the 3.01 version active.

With guard punishment  OFF there is no harmless faction :(

I dont know exactly which conditions DAR uses, but you could try these:

GetPlayerControls()

Queries whether this actor receives player input

-> Naked Defeat disables player controls, so maybe this works as a condition.

GetSitState()

Obtains this actor's sit state.

-> this will only work for furniture stuff but still break all other idles i m afraid

I will upload the next version as a beta and add a faction to the PC during defeat so we can test this for a full release.

Yeah it didn't work.  I've since tested ND without the DAR stuff and it works well.  So love the mod :)

Will try these conditions and report back.

I've also noticed a DAR mod here called "DAR Live Action" - I wonder if the author of that has tried to make DAR idles and such not interfere with Sexlab?

1 hour ago, gurugeorge said:

Yeah it didn't work.  I've since tested ND without the DAR stuff and it works well.  So love the mod :)

I m working hard and fast on the update. 
I added a "DefeatFaction" to the PC now for the duration of the quest. Maybe we can make it work with that.

1 hour ago, gurugeorge said:

I've also noticed a DAR mod here called "DAR Live Action" - I wonder if the author of that has tried to make DAR idles and such not interfere with Sexlab?

no. it got even worse for me since now also sexlab scenes were sometimes interrupted. while I m not sure if that was just anohter Idle replacer. I did not find a single Idle replacer mod really suitable for Sexlab play.

Making compatibility patches for one is on my list, but DAR only has a DLL and no scripts, so no chance there...

maybe you could poke the DAR author on nexus to add DHLP suspend event detection nativly to the DLL, but I somehow doubt that is possible.

2 hours ago, gurugeorge said:

try this:

- activate Guard Punishment in Naked Defeat MCM 

- get naked (should add you to the harmlessfaction iirc)

add in DAR the condition:

IsInFaction("Naked Defeat.esp" | 0x164F97)

this is the correct way to tell DAR the "HarmlessFaction" of Naked Defeat (ESP name + FormID)

if that stops DAR from using the idles, we can make the DefeatFaction work too.

3 hours ago, Nymra said:

try this:

- activate Guard Punishment in Naked Defeat MCM 

- get naked (should add you to the harmlessfaction iirc)

add in DAR the condition:

IsInFaction("Naked Defeat.esp" | 0x164F97)

this is the correct way to tell DAR the "HarmlessFaction" of Naked Defeat (ESP name + FormID)

if that stops DAR from using the idles, we can make the DefeatFaction work too.

Just double-checking, so that should be:

" [the other conditions in the conditions.txt] AND

NOT IsInFaction("Naked Defeat.esp" | 0x164F97) "

(added to the condition for every random female idle and aroused idle in both mods)?

(Since I don't want any of those random idles to work while I'm doing ND stuff?)

Edited by gurugeorge
34 minutes ago, gurugeorge said:

Just double-checking, so that should be:

" [the other conditions in the conditions.txt] AND

NOT IsInFaction("Naked Defeat.esp" | 0x164F97) "

(added to the condition for every random female idle and aroused idle in both mods)?

(Since I don't want any of those random idles to work while I'm doing ND stuff?)

technically yes. technically meaning: as far as I understand the DAR instructions on nexus ?

thx for testing anyway!

(keep in mind that, when I understand it correctly and u are using Naked Defeat 3.01 without any BETA

you should, with that condition, be able to turn DAR on and off by turning on and off guard punishment.

Edited by Nymra
2 hours ago, Nymra said:

technically yes. technically meaning: as far as I understand the DAR instructions on nexus ?

thx for testing anyway!

(keep in mind that, when I understand it correctly and u are using Naked Defeat 3.01 without any BETA

you should, with that condition, be able to turn DAR on and off by turning on and off guard punishment.

np, happy to do a little bit to help with this great mod, if I can.  Will report back tomorrow some time

Yes I've been using the base mod on the main download, I'd only searched the topic for a few keywords re. compatibilities, I hadn't read through the whole thing and didn't realize there were further versions available :) I'll play for a bit with 3.01 see what happens, then try it with BETA 4.

Sum fots:-

I've recently come to the same conclusion as you had back up the thread - this is all a very dicey business with LL mods, and I think it is best to keep it lean and simple with only mod for each type of "thing."  When one starts modding (even just generally), one downloads all sorts of things in drooling anticipation, but it's either not as glamorous as one's imagination anticipated, or it requires a fiendish amount of twiddling and fiddling to get working.  I suppose the beatings will continue until morale improves!

(One thing I'll say that has improved a lot in Skyrim since I first modded it (I've had about 3 or 4 goes of full modding over the years) is third person animations just generally - 3rd person combat is pretty good now, almost up to the standard and smoothness of modern 3rd person games.)

Edited by gurugeorge