The Return Of The Compilation

Unless changes have been made in permissions since I last asked, Astymma's skeleton was Nexus-only due to restrictions from the BNB author. I could always ask him again I suppose.

Actually, I think I may see a light at the end of this tunnel. I'll let you know.

If it's possible, I'll wrap up the skeleton in the sexout download. I've always wanted to do so anyway, but the permissions have prevented me.

• 3 weeks later...

In for anything I do including future mods.  Frankly I can't think of any reason someone would want to exclude theirs outside of technical reasons or conflicts.  The fact that we're here presupposes that we are into sharing doesn't it?

Don't answer that.

I find it funny that individuals that use this mod mostly are those that don't know how to mod when they should be actually installing each mod individually and those that do know how to mod don't use this as much and they do install each mod individually. :blink:

Being the case that most of your users are noobs it would be a very good idea to keep most of the mods with major issues that need resolving out of the compilation. They have a hard enough time just downloading the requirements and making sure Sexout is installed correctly. That is even with BruceWayne's tutorial available. :wacko: If they want some beta or mods that need work they can download them themselves.

If something is costing 300 dollars to get fixed and the computer is old .. yes flush the computer down the toilet. Wait on second hand don't want a plumbers fee. Throw it out the window... Wait. Make sure the window is open and nobody is nearby and nothing valuable is there. .. Wait better yet just take it to an empty field with a sledgehammer and get your frustrations out there. I would tell you to smash it with your feet etc for more satisfaction but don't want to have a doctors fee either.

On a serious note. It might just be better to replace most if not all the parts in the computer. It might be expensive but at least then you know they should work better. You don't really need a beast of a machine to play FNV or even Skyrim. With a custom build you can change out the parts as you are able or need to.

Well, I'm reluctant to throw in the towel on it just yet, it's an Asus G74SX laptop and only 2 years old. It was an expensive computer, and when it works it's awesome.

Edit: And I ended up not being out the $300 after all. Since the parts didn't change anything I was able to return them. So small yay.

I've got the money now, I'm taking it to a proper computer repair shop tomorrow (Geek Squad at Best Buy where I bought it was about as useful as beating it with a rubber mallet). So fingers crossed.

Never ever ever go to GeekSquad. Please Google all the horror stories. If you were in the GTA, Canada I could fix your laptop for free (in exchange for a kickass sexout compilation that works).

What exactly is the problem with your G74? Maybe troubleshooting online may help...

Never ever ever go to GeekSquad. Please Google all the horror stories. If you were in the GTA, Canada I could fix your laptop for free (in exchange for a kickass sexout compilation that works).

What exactly is the problem with your G74? Maybe troubleshooting online may help...

Well the hard drive has been wiped, and when I try to reinstall the operating software I keep getting an "OS Mount Failure" error. The one time I got past launch it made it to 55% install of the first disc (of 2) when I got the following error code:

Imagex.exe - Application Error

The instruction at 0x77c9205b referenced memory at 0x0d000000. The memory could not be written. Click OK to terminate the program.

I am on mobile so looking up the error is difficult. But a couple of questions:

- Did you try changing the hard drive?

- Did you try a different Windows install DVD, or a bootable USB?

- Did you try different RAM? If you have two sticks, take one out and then the other to test if you have bad RAM.

- Is the laptop clean of dust inside? Overheating can cause crashes.

- Are the components properly installed in the chassis? CPU and video card, fans, heat sinks? Not likely these would cause problems, but worth checking...

Everything I listed above can be checked within 1-2h, so if a shop will try to charge more than $150-200 for labour be careful. They have all these spare parts already for testing.

Edit: Back on my desktop, so I could look up imagex.exe. It seems like it is the program that restores your laptop to factory settings using the existing Asus image from your hard drive.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc722145%28v=ws.10%29.aspx

If I were to make a guess, either that Asus image got corrupted or your hard drive is going bad. Either way, try a fresh install, with a real Windows 7 DVD or bootable USB drive (I'd stay away from Windows 8 for now).

I tried changing the hard drives out (it's a dual drive system), and testing each piece of ram. I have tried three different sets of install discs, I had to order them from the manufacturer, and all three sets have had the same issue. I kept sending them back thinking they were defective, but the identical error on three different sets seems unlikely to be the software's fault. Before ordering the install discs I attempted an online re-install with a bootable USB and got the same error. The laptop is clean (I'm super anal about keeping electronics clean inside and out). And as for your last suggestion, that'd require a level of dismantling that I'm not comfortable performing on as $1200 device.

The shop I'm taking it to I've worked with before, they charge $50 an hour for labor which is average for shops in my area going by my research. I'm leaving now to take it over there, wish me luck.

Wow. 4 months, hours of work trying to figure out the issue.. and it was just a corrupted Ram stick.  LOL.

A lot of eager noobies are waiting.. Perhaps I would write a tutorial.... :P We already have two major tutorials related to Sexout installation and now SCR. However I don't know if I can keep up with the updates you give...

A lot of eager noobies are waiting.. Perhaps I would write a tutorial.... :P We already have two major tutorials related to Sexout installation and now SCR. However I don't know if I can keep up with the updates you give...

I only update once a week on average, and most of my updates just contain new versions of existing plugins. I only add new stuff once it's stable and the author says OK. So a compilation tutorial should be consistently fine unless someone makes a major change in a plugin.

I was mostly joking. Most of the needs for the Compilation has been taken care of by the two major tutorials. The rest should be able to be handled by the mods used. Perhaps a list of links to the mods included in a spoiler and if there is problems someone can point to the mod authors thread. If they can use FOMM to install the compilation mod they couldn't get Sexout to work in the first place. 

Moved from other thread to clean it up

A few:

"Run the lucky 38" Can't be used with Breeder

7z.png  Vurt's WFO - SOB patch[V2].7z  Is a patch if you use this mod. (don't know what mod that is but there it is ;) )

The above is right off of Users Breeder page. In general to get the best experience with Breeder it has been stated to run only the required mods if possible. I don't believe there are conflicts with other mods not listed but I believe that other mods scripts fire off when Breeder is doing something and that causes problems. Many times in the past when played with this mod it worked just fine with mods that others were having problems with then it would have issues at some random point at no fault at all with Breeder. Strange interrupts and such. When other mods are removed and running a nice lean load order .. runs extremely smooth and reliable (well except for those issues that User knew about and was working on :P )

That should give you some updates and corrections / ideas of what to post in the OP. Now go play some FNV for christ's sake.. you deserve it  !!!   lolThere

Move Thread here to help clean up other thread.

In the past I have used Lust with Breeder as well and it works most of the time with no problems as well. I turn down the effects and such in the MCM and lengthened the days and had little problems that I could contribute to the combination of both Lust and Breeder. It is only mentioned because User himself states not to use these two together. If problems arise I doubt he will support anyone with Lust or Run the 38 active. Those users of the compilation won't get the support that the need to help resolve the problems they have with Breeder. Now if he changes his page or starts supporting Lust and states that it works then that warning can easily be removed.

On a side note. The Player with  Breeder is so active sexually that Lust rarely activated and was needed. She after-all was a "breeder".  The game guides the player into actively seeking sex from the current situation as often as possible so much so that "Wear and Tear" should be turned down or damage turned off otherwise lots of prompts from that mod will start occurring because the Player won't have sufficient time to recover as would be normally in the game.

I prefer Lust in games when the Female is a bounty hunter, adventure etc. Tryouts, Another Kick in the Head, Wear and Tear,  Check me Out, etc are ran. Tryouts do give a lot of prompts with Wear and Tear but I expect that damage and issues to arise because of the situations. If you get active on a quest or activity for several days away from others.. Lust starts to kick in and provides a fun diversion instead of focusing on what is at hand. Sometimes providing a need for... interesting partners so that you can start to pay attention to what you need to get done.

• 1 month later...