It changes the conditions for the Dialogue Topic: DGCrimeWantedTopic ("You're making a mistake"). The vanilla record indeed has a GetPCIsSex check as the first condition, which seems to rule out female character from the following (2) conditions. Now I'm curious, why was that check even there?

5 hours ago, Just Don't said:

It changes the conditions for the Dialogue Topic: DGCrimeWantedTopic ("You're making a mistake"). The vanilla record indeed has a GetPCIsSex check as the first condition, which seems to rule out female character from the following (2) conditions. Now I'm curious, why was that check even there?

It doesnt matter where you make this check, the 3 Conditions are AND, meaning they have to all be true anyway

Also there are 2 lines for this; one is 

"There's no mistake. You're a wanted man... and it's time to pay for your crimes."

and the other

"There's no mistake. You're a wanted woman... and it's time to pay for your crimes."

Thats why the Gendercheck is there, the Vanilla Game does things like that all the time, its how you differenciate between male & female gender :)

Those lines are identical with the exception of that, cant really see a bug here tbh

All this "fix" here does is glitching the gender differentiation, causing guards to address your female protagonist as "man" instead of "woman" in this instance

15 minutes ago, Scrab said:

Also there are 2 lines for this; one is 

"There's no mistake. You're a wanted man... and it's time to pay for your crimes."

and the other

"There's no mistake. You're a wanted woman... and it's time to pay for your crimes."

Thats why the Gendercheck is there, the Vanilla Game does things like that all the time, its how you differenciate between male & female gender :)

Those lines are identical with the exception of that, cant really see a bug here tbh

All this "fix" here does is glitching the gender differentiation, causing guards to address your female protagonist as "man" instead of "woman" in this instance

These two lines still have the gender check.

I changed "The only mistake was you showing your face. ..."

3 hours ago, slvsaris said:

Prison Overhaul Patched also fixed this it looks like, as well as Devious Lore.  I am sure it was a copy/paste error.  The Unofficial Patch guys missed one it looks like!

Ahh... thats why I got this bug again. Just startet a new game without Devious Lore.

I made this little patch 'cos I couldn't find a solution for it anywhere. Exept for commiting a crime in front of a guard.

And installing Prison Overhaul Patched or Devious Lore just for this is a bit too much.

(OK using up plugin slot too)

I'm a simple man so I did some test and indeed the bug is present for female characters with a 101-1k gold bounty. The bug itself is well known, but for reference it consist in guards repeating the "Wait I know you" line when you walk near them (there is no forced dialogue like in bounties above 1k gold). So you have no way to reply to them (to pay, go to jail or resist arrest).

For a quick test I went into an almost vanilla game (only a few skse plugins that aren't related to bug fixes) and started a new game with and without this fix. I added a 200 gold bounty to Whiterun and talked to a Whiterun guard. The results were as follow:

• no fix + 200 bounty + male = dialogue to pay/go to jail/resist
  • no fix + 200 bounty + female = no dialogue option
  • with fix + 200 bounty + male = dialogue to pay/go to jail/resist
  • with fix + 200 bounty + female = dialogue to pay/go to jail/resist
On 5/22/2021 at 2:07 AM, Scrab said:

It doesnt matter where you make this check, the 3 Conditions are AND, meaning they have to all be true anyway

Ah I didn't see that, I'm not that familiar with x/zEdit record views. Thanks. And about the gender specific dialogues, yeah that makes sense. But as commented early the PCisSex=male check rules out female from the next dialogue branches to pay/go to jail or resist. And as OP already mentions there are neutral dialogues for guards so there isn't a need for specific gender dialogues. In fact I started by doing 6-8 tries without this fix and I only got the "The only mistake was you showing your face. You've committed crimes against Skyrim and her people, and it's time to face the Jarl's justice." dialogue to show up.

And as it's a simple record change it can be flagged as an ESL-ESP file (in SE obviously, in LE it could be manually merged into another plugin to achieve a similar effect). So it doesn't occupy space in the loadorder. Thanks for the fix innocentelias, although I'm not sure how innocent you're if you go around with unpaid crime bounties.

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, LostDremoraDream said:

SO I gave this a go in SE, and made sure that it was flagged as an ESP file compatible with SE, and it crashes my game.

Is there any incompatibilities with mods like "Crime Overhaul"?

Which esp file is incompatible with SE? because I'm not aware of any.

It's a simple condition edit, if other mods do the same edits you won't see this fix in action or you'll have this fix instead of the edits from the other mod. That shouldn't cause crashes in any reasonable case.

Have you tried using the esp as it is? You likely did something wrong trying to flag this "as an ESP file compatible with SE" (do you mean as an esl? because a) that's not needed unless you really want to save a plugin slot and b) it won't cause a crash if done properly, and doing it properly is doing 2-3 clicks so I'm really not sure how that went wrong). 

3 hours ago, Just Don't said:

Which esp file is incompatible with SE? because I'm not aware of any.

It's a simple condition edit, if other mods do the same edits you won't see this fix in action or you'll have this fix instead of the edits from the other mod. That shouldn't cause crashes in any reasonable case.

Have you tried using the esp as it is? You likely did something wrong trying to flag this "as an ESP file compatible with SE" (do you mean as an esl? because a) that's not needed unless you really want to save a plugin slot and b) it won't cause a crash if done properly, and doing it properly is doing 2-3 clicks so I'm really not sure how that went wrong). 

Thanks for answering,

So I initially tried it as is, dropping the sourced esp file right to my data folder. I boot up Skyrim SE, and it crashes. I make sure to deploy all mods via Vortex, my mod manager, and Vortex told me the file was not meant for this version of the game.

I boot up CK, save file for SE, then relaunch. Same issue, I CTD on game load.

I should also add this was a new game, with a brand new set of mods that I finally completed. I won't say there's something wrong with the esp file of this mod, but I will say there's probably an incompatibility with something in my load order.  Not sure what it could be though, since reading through these comments, the esp provided doesn't seem to screw anything up.

4 hours ago, LostDremoraDream said:

and Vortex told me the file was not meant for this version of the game.

An useless warning about plugins in form 43. If you have other mods from this site you must've seen plenty of messages like that. You can ignore that, you should ignore that and not try to fix mods with CK if you don't know your way around CK and mods records.

I don't know what's the cause of your crash because I can't reproduce nor imagine how to make my game crash with this mod alone. So as you say it's very likely something else is going on on your side, no idea what exactly tbh.

Edited by Just Don't
10 hours ago, Just Don't said:

An useless warning about plugins in form 43. If you have other mods from this site you must've seen plenty of messages like that. You can ignore that, you should ignore that and not try to fix mods with CK if you don't know your way around CK and mods records.

I don't know what's the cause of your crash because I can't reproduce nor imagine how to make my game crash with this mod alone. So as you say it's very likely something else is going on on your side, no idea what exactly tbh.

Thanks for the advice

I'll test around my load order, if I find the incompatibility I'll mention it.

• 2 weeks later...