Here's some work I did a long time ago.  I converted the paintings in Oblivion to an animated format using GIF's and SWF's from that time.  If there is enough interest (ie one person), I'll upload the Middle and Upper Class paintings as well.

The mod is just a replacer, so if you want to check this out, you just need to go to the Testing Hall.

Edit: Some textures in the files will be the same.  Just overlap or skip.  I just found out that there are no paintings specific for Upper class places, just a couple for Anvil castle.  I've added the ones I did for the Shivering Isles.

Middle Class Paintings now has the missing textures.

Warning: If you are using Oblivion Reloaded, you'll need to turn off Interior Shadows for the paintings to show  up properly.

LowerClassPaintings.rar

SEandAnvilPaintings.rar

MiddleClassPaintings.rar

7 hours ago, perrymwt said:

Here's some work I did a long time ago.  I converted the paintings in Oblivion to an animated format using GIF's and SWF's from that time.  If there is enough interest (ie one person), I'll upload the Middle and Upper Class paintings as well.

The mod is just a replacer, so if you want to check this out, you just need to go to the Testing Hall.

Warning: If you are using Oblivion Reloaded, you'll need to turn off Interior Shadows for the paintings to show  up properly.

LowerClassPaintings.rar 33.52 MB · 3 downloads

Did you write the image addresses manually, or is there some kind of automatic utility?

14 hours ago, perrymwt said:

LowerClassPaintings.rar 33.52 MB · 10 downloads

Yes, upload the others.

16 hours ago, TDA said:

Did you write the image addresses manually, or is there some kind of automatic utility?

To be honest, I don't remember.  I do know I wrote a couple of GIMP scripts to automate the texture conversions.  The file dates are from 2011, after all.

2 hours ago, perrymwt said:

To be honest, I don't remember.  I do know I wrote a couple of GIMP scripts to automate the texture conversions.  The file dates are from 2011, after all.

You could upload these too? The Scripts and the process you used so, others could continue to play and improve TES4.

On 4/23/2021 at 4:52 PM, perrymwt said:

Edit: Some textures in the files will be the same.  Just overlap or skip.  I just found out that there are no paintings specific for Upper class places, just a couple for Anvil castle.  I've added the ones I did for the Shivering Isles.

LowerClassPaintings.rar 33.52 MB · 36 downloads

MiddleClassPaintings.rar 97.75 MB · 27 downloads

SEandAnvilPaintings.rar 52.47 MB · 22 downloads

On 4/24/2021 at 5:54 PM, sunhawken said:

You could upload these too? The Scripts and the process you used so, others could continue to play and improve TES4.

Sorry for the delay in replying.  I'm trying to work through what I did, taking into account that GIMP has changed quite a bit over the years.

The painting textures for middlepaintingforest02b and middlepaintinglandscape01b are purple and missing.

The rest of the paintings work perfectly fine, but these two have texture paths that lead to gif19-frame-001-100.dds and gif14-frame-01-100.dds.

I checked through the files and noticed there were no images for gif 19, or gif 14.

If you can post those, I'd greatly appreciate it.

1 hour ago, NaamForst said:

The painting textures for middlepaintingforest02b and middlepaintinglandscape01b are purple and missing.

The rest of the paintings work perfectly fine, but these two have texture paths that lead to gif19-frame-001-100.dds and gif14-frame-01-100.dds.

I checked through the files and noticed there were no images for gif 19, or gif 14.

If you can post those, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Sorry.  Here they are:

MissingTexturesPaintings.rar

56 minutes ago, NaamForst said:

Oh, also, you missed some of the dementia paintings, (02a-02c) and all of the mania paintings as well as thadon's.
Did you do them and forget to upload them?

I didn't do the rest of the SE paintings.  I suppose I started to play something else at the time, likely DA:O?  I'll give some thought to finishing up the set.

5 minutes ago, perrymwt said:

I didn't do the rest of the SE paintings.  I suppose I started to play something else at the time, likely DA:O?  I'll give some thought to finishing up the set.

He could easily just copy the texture path and change the path and images...

4 hours ago, sunhawken said:

Can these be done to clothes and armor? Like alternating colors.

I don’t think it’s possible with clothes. There are some possibilities for animation objects that work with the actor together (there you can make an animated texture controller through the alpha channel), since I myself made an iridescent glow  for a sword, an animation for a blacksmith, but this is the maximum that I know

23 hours ago, TDA said:

I don’t think it’s possible with clothes. There are some possibilities for animation objects that work with the actor together (there you can make an animated texture controller through the alpha channel), since I myself made an iridescent glow  for a sword, an animation for a blacksmith, but this is the maximum that I know

I believe it can be done with clothes and armour.  After all, it's simply a way of applying textures to a mesh.  The problem would be that you can't use normal maps on the mesh.  This would result in very flat surfaces (like my pictures) and likely seeing the tri's in the mesh.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, sunhawken said:

These should be uploaded directly to the website!

I simply didn't think this deserved the status of an actual mod.  You can remove the file for the missing textures since I fixed that problem in the middle-class paintings.