Using UniqueNPCs with BodyTalk, FusionGirl, AAF and OCBPC [updated 28.5.2021]

35 minutes ago, dosfox said:

So does that work with AAF?

In very limited testing it worked. It's a Frankenstein install as well so once I redo it, hopefully it works better. 

Is it against the license to upload your Unique NPC Ba2 file?

Edited by Icerunner
18 minutes ago, Icerunner said:

Is it against the license to upload your Unique NPC Ba2 file?

I have asked for permission to repackage Utopolyst's files as a BA2+esp patch, but haven't received a reply yet. With all the bullshit going on over at nexus i'm not expecting a reply any time soon either.

Alright, maybe there's something different in that file. Something isn't translating with archive2, but that hack works. I'm just getting back into modding so I'll test this out and report back. I think you can also use bodygen for bodytalk and it's gives a huge range of different body types.

Edited by Icerunner
15 minutes ago, Icerunner said:

I think you can also use bodygen for bodytalk and it's gives a huge range of different body types.

I have tried that, but unfortunately it conflicts with UNPCs. UNPCs has its own bodyshape algorithm which is not compatible with bodygen.

Edit: Having too much diversity in body shape doesn't work well with AAF animations.

Edited by dosfox
1 minute ago, dosfox said:

I have tried that, but unfortunately it conflicts with UNPCs. UNPCs has its own bodyshape algorithm which is not compatible with bodygen.

It's working for CBBE, so it should work for bodytalk. I gave up on installing this, went back to bodygen and in these files (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27890) it has UNPC listed so I tired it and it worked. I've used UNPC and bodygen before, because the UNPC doesn't change bodies that much. 

On 7/6/2021 at 2:56 AM, dosfox said:

Edit: Having too much diversity in body shape doesn't work well with AAF animations.

After testing it quite a bit, the only thing that really throws off the animations is the height, which bodygen doesn't touch. If a character has a wider body type that can also clip the animation off, but I don't care about that too much.

Its seems to be working without FG. I occasionally have an NPC with a different face texture or a female texture that is reddish but its not a huge problem. You can use bodygen for both female and male to get a bunch of diverse bodies. I'm using 20% difference for both males and females, so some of my males look a bit weird.

test - Copy.jpg

test1 - Copy.jpg

Edited by Icerunner
18 minutes ago, Icerunner said:

Its seems to be working without FG.

This is really interesting. Although the whole point of this topic is using UNPCs with BT, FG and OCBPC. I'm in the middle of a round of installs with HD UNPCs at the moment so will play around with this and see what happens. Thank you very much for your participation and input. It's such a relief to finally see some screenshots without that bloody crystallization!

40 minutes ago, dosfox said:

....that bloody crystallization!

Some bodies have the crystallization but its not as bad as it was before. Usually its only on ghouls and I can live with that. I wasn't sure if you were using FG to make it all work or if you had a preference for it. I'm not sure if FG would work with body gen and I don't use it so I won't test it. You did the heavy lifting figuring out how to get the male textures to work so I'm extremely grateful for that. Thanks a lot! 

@Icerunner How did you enable bodygen for BT? I can't find any template/morphs files for males.

[Edit]

Got FG1.8/UniqueNPCs/OCBPC working with bodygen ...

bodygenworking.jpg.c98bd45bc6b8fbb12ecdb4d980f7f4a8.jpg

... copied the Fusion Girl morphs.ini and Fusion Girl templates.ini from BodyConvert files to each of these folders:

Fallout 4\data\f4se\plugins\f4ee\bodygen\Fallout4.esm\

Fallout 4\data\f4se\plugins\f4ee\bodygen\BetterSettlers.esp\

Fallout 4\data\f4se\plugins\f4ee\bodygen\Unique NPCs.esp\

bodygenworking2.jpg.1c6cc6de3667c607935bc7581b24ced0.jpg

Still can't find any male morphs/templates anywhere though ...

Edited by dosfox
3 hours ago, dosfox said:

Still can't find any male morphs/templates anywhere though ...

Do the same thing with the bodytalk slider presets, change it from female to male in morphs, then copy and paste those values below the female ones in your bodygen files. You should only have 1 morphs and templates file.

Spoiler

All|Male|HumanRace=BT3-Chubby|BT3-Muscular|BT3-Swimmer|BT3 - Zero

Spoiler

BT3-Chubby=BT2AdonisBelt@0.0:0.35, BTAMPecAdjust@0.8:1.0, BTAMShoulderTweaks@0.18:0.58, BTAMWaistAdust@0.27:0.67, BTARYAYDA@0.09:0.49, BTAbDefinition@0.0:0.2, BTAryaydaMoreMuscular@0.03:0.43, BTBack@0.25:0.65, BTBallSize@0.3:0.7, BTBiceps@0.21:0.61, BTButt@0.38:0.78, BTButtWidth@0.0:0.2, BTCalves@0.45:0.85, BTChest@0.0:0.2, BTChestSmoothing@0.38:0.78, BTChubbyArm@0.8:1.0, BTChubbyLeg@0.19:0.59, BTElbowAdjust@0.3:0.7, BTFootSize@0.18:0.58, BTForearms@0.45:0.85, BTKneeAdust@0.03:0.43, BTNippleSize@0.3:0.7, BTPectorals@0.22:0.62, BTRibcage@0.0:0.2, BTShinSize@0.0:0.4, BTShoulders@0.51:0.91, BTStomach@0.0:0.2, BTStomachFat@1.0, BTStomachSmooth@0.0:0.39, BTThigh@0.24:0.64, BTToeSmaller@0.0:0.35, BTTraps@0.41:0.81, BTWaist-Smoothing@0.0:0.2, Balls@0.31:0.71, Erection@0.0:0.2, Hips@0.8:1.0, Penis Width@0.8:1.0, TipShape@0.8:1.0
BT3-Muscular=BT2AdonisBelt@0.24:0.64, BTAMPecAdjust@0.28:0.68, BTARYAYDA@0.3:0.7, BTAbDefinition@0.4:0.8, BTBack@0.16:0.56, BTBackArch@0.25:0.65, BTBallSize@0.0:0.2, BTButt@0.24:0.64, BTButtWidth@0.0:0.2, BTCalves@0.0:0.38, BTChest@0.0:0.2, BTChestSmoothing@0.0:0.2, BTElbowAdjust@0.1:0.5, BTFootSize@0.0:0.34, BTForearms@0.02:0.42, BTHips-In@0.08:0.48, BTKneeAdust@0.1:0.5, BTNippleSize@0.0:0.2, BTPectorals@0.1:0.5, BTRibcage@0.0:0.2, BTShinSize@0.19:0.59, BTShoulders@0.0:0.2, BTStomach@0.0:0.2, BTStomachFat@0.12:0.52, BTStomachSmooth@0.7:1.0, BTTHinCalf@0.0:0.33, BTThigh@0.0:0.2, BTThinArm@0.16:0.56, BTToeSmaller@0.19:0.59, BTTraps@0.32:0.72, BTWaist-In@0.0:0.2, BTWaist-Smoothing@0.0:0.2, Balls@0.0:0.2, Erection@0.0:0.2, Hips@0.0:0.34, ThinThigh@0.56:0.96, TigerSanBBMale@0.2:0.6
BT3-Swimmer=BTAMPecAdjust@0.0:0.3, BTAbDefinition@0.13:0.53, BTAryaydaMoreMuscular@0.0:0.3, BTBack@0.0:0.2, BTBackArch@0.25:0.65, BTBallSize@0.0:0.2, BTBiceps@0.3:0.7, BTButt@0.32:0.72, BTButtWidth@0.0:0.2, BTCalves@0.55:0.95, BTChest@0.0:0.2, BTChestSmoothing@0.1:0.5, BTFootSize@0.3:0.7, BTForearms@0.0, BTHips-In@0.0:0.2, BTNippleSize@0.0:0.2, BTPectorals@0.0:0.25, BTRibcage@0.0, BTShinSize@0.3:0.7, BTShoulders@0.0:0.33, BTStomach@0.25:0.65, BTStomachFat@0.0:0.2, BTStomachSmooth@0.0:0.35, BTTHinCalf@0.8:1.0, BTThinArm@0.8:1.0, BTToeSmaller@0.0:0.2, BTTraps@0.0:0.4, BTWaist-In@0.03:0.43, BTWaist-Smoothing@0.24:0.64, Balls@0.0:0.2, Erection@0.0:0.2, Hips@0.2:0.6, ThinThigh@0.8:1.0
BT3 - Zero=BTAbDefinition@0.0:0.2, BTBack@0.0:0.2, BTBackArch@0.0:0.2, BTBallSize@0.0:0.2, BTBiceps@0.0:0.2, BTButt@0.0:0.2, BTButtWidth@0.0:0.2, BTCalves@0.0:0.2, BTChest@0.0:0.2, BTChestSmoothing@0.0:0.2, BTFootSize@0.0:0.2, BTHips-In@0.0:0.2, BTNippleSize@0.0:0.2, BTPectorals@0.0:0.2, BTRibcage@0.0:0.2, BTShoulders@0.0:0.2, BTStomach@0.0:0.2, BTStomachFat@0.0:0.2, BTStomachSmooth@0.0:0.2, BTThigh@0.0:0.2, BTToeSmaller@0.0:0.2, BTTraps@0.0:0.2, BTWaist-In@0.0:0.2, BTWaist-Smoothing@0.0:0.2, Balls@0.0:0.2, Erection@0.0:0.2

Put those under your female values.

Use this post to make the actual files 

You can custom make the files for multiple different body types.

Thank you very much  @Icerunner ! Never thought i'd see the day that UNPCs worked with Bodygen! Need to do some work on the FG templates though, they still refer to the previous ZEX skeleton so OCBPC is a bit wobbly.

Using these .ini files: morphs.ini   templates.ini 

both copied into each of these folders:

...Fallout 4\data\f4se\plugins\f4ee\bodygen\Fallout4.esm\

...Fallout 4\data\f4se\plugins\f4ee\bodygen\BetterSettlers.esp\

...Fallout 4\data\f4se\plugins\f4ee\bodygen\Unique NPCs.esp\

Edited by dosfox
ini files
7 hours ago, Icerunner said:

For anyone suffering from crystalization or other bad textures ...

... please don't waste your time or gpu resources with ENBs. In a few days i will be posting an install method for the HD version of UNPCs + FG1.8 + bodygen. That is the version of UNPCs that i have regularly used over the last couple of years with no problems, and i think i must have made a mistake posting the SD version first. Simpler is not always better it seems.

I have also recently been having problems with the SD version that did not occur with earlier versions of Looksmenu/Bodyslide/FG, and won't be using the SD version any more. If you are still experiencing "crystallization" using the HD version of UNPCs, then you are definitely doing something wrong with the install procedure or the load order.

Edited by dosfox

Still playing around with bodygen. This is a trial with a new set of (more realistic) bodygen templates. I have used the following template files for the indicated bodygen folders.

...Fallout 4\data\f4se\plugins\f4ee\bodygen\Fallout4.esm\

(FO4) morphs.ini (FO4) templates.ini

...Fallout 4\data\f4se\plugins\f4ee\bodygen\BetterSettlers.esp\

(BS) morphs.ini (BS)templates.ini

...Fallout 4\data\f4se\plugins\f4ee\bodygen\DLCCoast.esm\

(FH) morphs.ini (FH) templates.ini

...Fallout 4\data\f4se\plugins\f4ee\bodygen\DLCNukaWorld.esm\

(NW) morphs.ini (NW) templates.ini

...Fallout 4\data\f4se\plugins\f4ee\bodygen\DLCRobot.esm\

(DLCrobot) morphs.ini (DLCrobot) templates.ini

...Fallout 4\data\f4se\plugins\f4ee\bodygen\DLCWorkshop03.esm\

(DLCworkshop) morphs.ini (DLCworkshop) templates.ini

...Fallout 4\data\f4se\plugins\f4ee\bodygen\Unique NPCs.esp\

(UNPCs) morphs.ini (UNPCs) templates.ini

...Fallout 4\data\f4se\plugins\f4ee\bodygen\CompanionIvy.esm\

(Ivy) morphs.ini (Ivy) templates.ini

Comments?

Edited by dosfox
templates
5 hours ago, Icerunner said:

The male templates look really good!

Too many abs i think. Even the fat guys have a six-pack! Thank you for convincing me that bodygen would work with UNPCs!

Edited by dosfox
thanks

Brief report on latest test game using HD UNPCs, FG1.8, BT3, Bodygen and OCBPC.  Level 50, 50 hours played, 150 settlers spawned in 10 settlements.

Good Things:
- Good to be using UHD DLC again! HD UNPCs is better in body texture rendering. Face-body matching is much smoother.
- Bodygen is working well on all NPCs, but current settings are a bit extreme. Need to reduce the range of variation in bodies a bit.
- Using Lazman's Female Outfit Replacer (flat feet) as the base female wardrobe. Body fit is superb and OCBPC physics works well on all body shapes. Introducing other modded clothing later in the game.
- AAF animations with bodygen + OCBPC are excellent! Instead of clipping, touching body parts are squishing or moving away very naturally.

Not So Good Things:
- Preston's gang in the museum are still brown-face when first encountered! Companion Ivy and the Concord raiders are all normal. Can't work this one out, it has only been happening recently since updating FusionGirl and UnofficialFO4Patch.
- Occasional instances of brown-face after loading previous saves. Not unexpected, but when i get time i hope to optimise all the texture BA2s, and that should fix it.
- Loading times are definitely increased. Partly due to the UHD_DLC, but Bodygen is also very CPU-hungry. Maybe this is due to the very long morph/template being used for FO4.esm, many of the presets in there are redundant or refer to earlier-skeleton sliders.
- Occasional weird things not seen before, e.g. Knight Astlin's corpse missing it's body texture.

Overall, much better than expected. I still need to do more work on bodygen requirements and settings, so unfortunately that will delay posting the new install procedure a bit. Probably next week ...

Edited by dosfox

Trying to solve the brownface problem for UNPCs + BS + LM + LMCC + FO4DLC_UHR once and for all. Found some useful tools:

Fallout 4 Texture Compressor (with BA2 support)

Cathedral Assets Optimizer

and some useful advice:

Spoiler

Thanks to LiquidOcelotWHS for this:

IMPORTANT FOR LooksMenu Customization Compendium:

Go to the folder:

Textures/actors/character/character assets/face details/EmissaryofWind/

and delete the file:

EOW_blush01_d cópia.dds

From Di3sIrae@nexus:

There are two things that can cause rusty/black/brown face:

One is when loading a save game. The game for any reason don't load the texture right and thus gives the rusty face. This can even happen when changing cells or worldspace. It is random, can be fixed by disable/enable in console or even with a load game, or a game restart. This is what Rusty Face Fix [Nexus ID: 31028]... well, fix.

The other problem is entirely texture related.

One cause could be corrupted, missing or wrong texture file. The other is that Beth harcoded the texture files to be all in the same size. So if you have one file in 2K, all other (face) files of the same type must be 2K too. Original game uses 512 _s files, and HD DLC uses 1024 _s files, that's why people had rusty face issues when the HD DLC was released. They were using texture mods for the face that were using 512 _s files. HD DLC still uses 1024 _d and _n files, and Real HD face uses 2048 (2K) size for these, so everything is incompatible.

When using a mod that retexture *face* files to bigger resolutions, you must take away all other mods that change anything related to face, including tints - makeup. Only hair and eyes are safe, but brows suffer from this aswell, if i'm not mistaken.

From Mechro-Mancer@reddit:

Unique NPCs by itself is ALL 1024x1024 face and head textures, so either look for the 2k HD ba2s or extract all the textures and you could probably use Cathedral to upscale them all to 2048x2048. (I have not tested this, but as i understand it, that's what cathedral does ...)

If you are using the RealHD 2k face textures.... again, one missed 1024 texture file ruins your day. See fix 1.

To easily spot your missed textures look at its file size in an explorer window. 2048 textures will have a file size of around 5.4 mb all the 1024 textures will be around 1.3. Sort by file size and boom, there's your missed texture laughing in your face.

This CAN solve all your brown face issues with a little time and patience no matter what mods you use. The hard part is finding any BA2 archives that have any errant 1024 textures that DO NOT have a loose file version of it. Loose files ALWAYS override archives so if worse comes to worse ... extract all archives that have the path Data\textures\Actors\character into a separate folder. Use tips to find any 1024s, fix them, and leave the entire folder as loose textures, rezip and install like any mod. This will ensure you have the proper rez files overwriting any that aren't.

So a bit of work still. 

Edit:

So far just the LMCC file delete is doing it for me, but will test for a couple more days yet before confirming that...

Edited by dosfox
so far...
  • 2 months later...
55 minutes ago, Selky said:

hey... :)
In my F4se, i dont have any plugins actually.
So i have no idea about F4EE ...? What'is it?
Can i just create an empty folder and name it F4ee..?
I guess no. What i miss, i followed the tutorial here. ^^

C:\Games\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\F4SE\Plugins\F4EE

It is the folder where your Looksmenu Character presets are kept.  Some presets that other's make, will install the directory under the correct path for you.

You can create it manually yourself.  See above.  It resides where you have your game installed.  May vary from mine above.  You may also install this virtually with some Mod Managers, such as MO2.

Fusion Girl LooksMenu In-Game Sliders and BodyGen

BodyGen files also go here.  You can look into the mod above to get a start.  It will install the files for you.  You can play around with the files later to adjust them to your liking.  

Indarello on this site also has some info on BodyGen.

Edited by Samuraitech
8 hours ago, Samuraitech said:

C:\Games\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\F4SE\Plugins\F4EE

It is the folder where your Looksmenu Character presets are kept.  Some presets that other's make, will install the directory under the correct path for you.

You can create it manually yourself.  See above.  It resides where you have your game installed.  May vary from mine above.  You may also install this virtually with some Mod Managers, such as MO2.

Fusion Girl LooksMenu In-Game Sliders and BodyGen

BodyGen files also go here.  You can look into the mod above to get a start.  It will install the files for you.  You can play around with the files later to adjust them to your liking.  

Indarello on this site also has some info on BodyGen.

Thanks you for the help. I wonder also, do you know how to spawn nude npc for test?
I use spawn 20593 10.
But they are dressed, any idea?

18 hours ago, Selky said:

Thanks you for the help. I wonder also, do you know how to spawn nude npc for test?
I use spawn 20593 10.
But they are dressed, any idea?

I attached a text file with some console codes that are NPC related.  Also a couple of mods for spawning NPC's.

"Spawnable Unique Settlers" was a cool mod to generate NPC's but the button mod that went along with it is not available anymore.  You could craft a pole with a button on the top in your settlement.  Just push the button and instant settler.  I personally use "Cheat Terminal" for this most of the time.  It will be in your PIP boy.  Under the workstation menu there is an option to spawn settlers.  It lets you choose female, male, Female Minuteman, etc.  

They will spawn with clothes.  I have fusion girl and the Fallout 4 High Heels System Mod installed.  I also have IceStorm's High Heel Mods installed.  Just equip the NPC in question with one of the high heels and the clothes will be removed, but just wearing high heels.  You can use rings and other mods to make them nude, but they usually replace the body, textures, or both.  With Bodygen installed the NPC's will have different body types.  If you don't like the faces, just change them in Looksmenu.

In console:  Click on NPC to get target id.  tai <target id here>  freezes AI for NPC so they don't walk around.  slm <target id here> enter looksmenu for NPC targeted.

select looksmenu preset or just adjust in looksmenu.  I personally have a bunch of face presets on hand to use for this purpose.  There are people more talented than me at making face presets.   Just start collecting some.  Ensure you save the pix as well so you know what the preset will look like in game.  Read the mod descriptions so you know what is needed for preset used, or character may be bald or not look good.  A lot of them use the same common mods.

type tai <target id here> in console to unfreeze NPC when you are done.  I also save my character presets in Looksmenu and create presets in case I want to start a new game but want the same character.  I just use a vanilla save so I don't need to start at the vault or completely over.  

Spoiler

CheatTerminalNPCSpawn.thumb.png.1cf24bfbaec61624a431895256084f24.png

Spoiler

NPCspawnedwithCheatTerminal.thumb.png.1044c9b16e9d3dcb2331472be1ace4e9.png

Good Luck!

NPC Codes.rtf

Edited by Samuraitech