Just catching up on recent mod additions, and this looks great. I was thinking about trying to put something similar together myself (albeit far more rudimentary), but now I don't have to. Thanks for making and sharing!!!

30 minutes ago, Tyralion11 said:

With version 1.16, I cannot leave vault 111 (the last door will not open when I pick up the pip-boy and press the button). There is no such issue with version 1.15, it's work fine.

There is no reason why any version of this mod would prevent the vault door from opening.  All it does is listen for AAF events and respond.  The only difference between 1.15 and 1.16 is that instead of waiting a fixed 5 seconds to check for spectators, it rechecks periodically during a player-involved AAF animation.

In the interest of completeness, I tested 1.16 starting from a new save and could not replicate this issue.  The Vault 111 door opened as normal for me.

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, hammocktroll said:

Would be nice if you could add the posibility to loose xp (eg in aggrasive animations). When I change the MCM config (like -500% on aggrasive animations) it shows me the negative xp number but the xp stays the same.

It's an interesting idea and probably technically feasible.  I'd be worried about causing odd side effects or instability, though.  The game isn't really built to accommodate loss of XP.  What's going to happen when you drop below a level threshold?  What will happen when you gain back enough XP to cross that threshold a second time?

22 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

It's an interesting idea and probably technically feasible.  I'd be worried about causing odd side effects or instability, though.  The game isn't really built to accommodate loss of XP.  What's going to happen when you drop below a level threshold?  What will happen when you gain back enough XP to cross that threshold a second time?

With player.setav experience in the console, you can set negative values and if you gain experience, it increases normally. But still it could be set to 0 instead, if that would lead to negative values. If you reache 200 xp you level up to level 2 and get one skill point. If you than set it to 180 xp you are still level 2 and still have your skill point. If you than gain xp again and reach the 200 xp you don't level up again and don't get another skill point. So it should not brake anything. The only thing I can think of is some ui stuff like the progressbar to the next level. That could be fixed to the next level. So if you have 180 xp and you are level 3 the progressbar would be almost full.

But you could end up with 0 xp and your level 50 character would need a lot xp to level up again. (I would not mind)

This mod is now in my must include mods for gameplay.

Even if you do not have a job, you still get experience. 

Before i used to run NoLevel. I still have it running, but not activated. So this mod gives another angle of gameplay.

Thanks for making it.

On 6/10/2021 at 5:16 PM, hammocktroll said:

With player.setav experience in the console, you can set negative values and if you gain experience, it increases normally. But still it could be set to 0 instead, if that would lead to negative values. If you reache 200 xp you level up to level 2 and get one skill point. If you than set it to 180 xp you are still level 2 and still have your skill point. If you than gain xp again and reach the 200 xp you don't level up again and don't get another skill point. So it should not brake anything. The only thing I can think of is some ui stuff like the progressbar to the next level. That could be fixed to the next level. So if you have 180 xp and you are level 3 the progressbar would be almost full.

But you could end up with 0 xp and your level 50 character would need a lot xp to level up again. (I would not mind)

It might make more sense to adopt the same mechanic used by other experience point leveling games (all the way back to D&D) where experience losses are limited to the base experience needed for the current level. So if you were level 50 with almost enough experience to reach level 51, you could lose nearly the difference between the base XP for 50 and 51, but you'd never need to earn more than that to resume leveling.

5 hours ago, vaultbait said:

It might make more sense to adopt the same mechanic used by other experience point leveling games (all the way back to D&D) where experience losses are limited to the base experience needed for the current level. So if you were level 50 with almost enough experience to reach level 51, you could lose nearly the difference between the base XP for 50 and 51, but you'd never need to earn more than that to resume leveling.

Preliminary testing is going pretty well.  So far the only weirdness is that the popup XP display shows many thousands of XP earned every time you lose some (or it's showing the new total player XP instead, I'm unsure which).  I'm not entirely sold on the long term stability of throwing tons of negative XP values at your character with the scripting equivalent of modav; still, I would expect a release in the near future once I get another couple sessions to function test and polish.

Version 1.18 is up!

v. 1.18

-“Aggressive Sex XP%” can now be set to negative values. Additionally, a new MCM option called “Allow XP Loss Below Current Level” can allow/prevent XP falling below the current level minimum. Please note that you will not actually lose levels or perks, nor drop below 1 XP, regardless of settings.

-Sex Education now includes optional integration with PlayerRaped, PlayerRapist, and Consensual community standardized scene flags. Various popular mods (e.g. Violate, SEU, MCG, Sexual Harassment, and others) include these indicators when initiating AAF scenes. When activated in MCM, SexEd will treat PlayerRaped/PlayerRapist flagged scenes as aggressive and Consensual flagged scenes as non-aggressive, regardless of animation tags.

-Debug options now include the ability to display lifetime sexual statistics with all vanilla races/creatures. Your favorite DLC and custom races will continue to be tracked for XP purposes as before, but cannot be displayed with the vanilla data.

Be aware that I still consider the XP loss feature slightly experimental until proven otherwise.  ?

On 6/15/2021 at 10:18 PM, spicydoritos said:

Version 1.18 is up!

v. 1.18

-“Aggressive Sex XP%” can now be set to negative values. Additionally, a new MCM option called “Allow XP Loss Below Current Level” can allow/prevent XP falling below the current level minimum. Please note that you will not actually lose levels or perks, nor drop below 1 XP, regardless of settings.

-Sex Education now includes optional integration with PlayerRaped, PlayerRapist, and Consensual community standardized scene flags. Various popular mods (e.g. Violate, SEU, MCG, Sexual Harassment, and others) include these indicators when initiating AAF scenes. When activated in MCM, SexEd will treat PlayerRaped/PlayerRapist flagged scenes as aggressive and Consensual flagged scenes as non-aggressive, regardless of animation tags.

-Debug options now include the ability to display lifetime sexual statistics with all vanilla races/creatures. Your favorite DLC and custom races will continue to be tracked for XP purposes as before, but cannot be displayed with the vanilla data.

Be aware that I still consider the XP loss feature slightly experimental until proven otherwise.  ?

Thx that was realy fast. First test was good. I love it sofar.

5 hours ago, wutpickel said:

I wonder if a "hardcore" version that grants only XP for sex but nothing else would be something. As an option perhaps?

That's more or less how I've been using it. I don't generally shoot at anything, try to sneak around as much as possible, hope I don't get caught. As a result, most of my experience gains are thanks to this mod.

3 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

That's more or less how I've been using it. I don't generally shoot at anything, try to sneak around as much as possible, hope I don't get caught. As a result, most of my experience gains are thanks to this mod.

I use the No Level mod for that. So you may be always stuck at level 1 or whatever level and turn it off for sex. So you still able to do other things.

I am still waiting for sex perks.

6 hours ago, wutpickel said:

I wonder if a "hardcore" version that grants only XP for sex but nothing else would be something. As an option perhaps?

Seems like it would be a straightforward feature to create (famous last words for any modder...).  If I can make it work I'll include it in a future update as a new MCM option.

10 minutes ago, spicydoritos said:

Seems like it would be a straightforward feature to create (famous last words for any modder...).  If I can make it work I'll include it in a future update as a new MCM option.

Hey that would be great and very much appreciated.

Dunno how much work that is. So i am very much ok with waiting. In the meantime i use No Level for that. :)

46 minutes ago, Saya_Scarlett said:

This is now part of my usual basic AAF/Etc setup?

Mine too! It's even generally become my primary source of experience in recent playthroughs. I had always wanted a mod like this, so glad it's been made.

Version 1.19 is up!

v. 1.19

-By request, an optional Hardcore XP Mode has been added in the MCM settings. This mode causes any XP gained (outside of SexEd itself) to be reduced to nearly zero.

Technical note: "nearly zero" in this case is 0.01 XP.  It's possible to reduce XP gains to zero, but this causes quest popups to stop appearing altogether (along with map marker discovery popups).  Maybe there are people who consider those secondary effects a feature, rather than a bug.  If so, there are probably purpose-built mods for suppressing popups.

Personal note: I'm getting ready to go on vacation for a week or so.  So while I have run this version of SexEd through a nominally thorough function testing, I only had time for one play session instead of the handful of sessions I normally prefer.  If you spot any bugs in the meantime, please let me know and I'll take a look at them next weekend.  Cheers!

Thanks for doing this. I will test and see. With this alteration, i am sure, the game will be more enjoyable, at least for me.
Of we go to do sexy things. :)

On 7/2/2021 at 6:13 AM, spicydoritos said:

Version 1.19 is up!

v. 1.19

-By request, an optional Hardcore XP Mode has been added in the MCM settings. This mode causes any XP gained (outside of SexEd itself) to be reduced to nearly zero.

Technical note: "nearly zero" in this case is 0.01 XP.  It's possible to reduce XP gains to zero, but this causes quest popups to stop appearing altogether (along with map marker discovery popups).  Maybe there are people who consider those secondary effects a feature, rather than a bug.  If so, there are probably purpose-built mods for suppressing popups.

Personal note: I'm getting ready to go on vacation for a week or so.  So while I have run this version of SexEd through a nominally thorough function testing, I only had time for one play session instead of the handful of sessions I normally prefer.  If you spot any bugs in the meantime, please let me know and I'll take a look at them next weekend.  Cheers!

An idea... For Hardcore mode, could a slider be added to vary the amount of XP is earnt from non Sex-Ed things?

Enjoy your vacation as well :)

6 hours ago, ebbluminous said:

An idea... For Hardcore mode, could a slider be added to vary the amount of XP is earnt from non Sex-Ed things?

Enjoy your vacation as well :)

For most applications that would be an easy request.  However, the perk entry for XP value requires a fixed numeric value, i.e. I can't put a variable there.  Best I could do would be 3-4 options I think.  Something like 0, 10, 25, and 50.

Alternatively, you could open up the esp in either CK or xedit and change the perk XP value to anything you want.

Edited by spicydoritos
1 hour ago, spicydoritos said:

For most applications that would be an easy request.  However, the perk entry for XP value requires a fixed numeric value, i.e. I can't put a variable there.  Best I could do would be 3-4 options I think.  Something like 0, 10, 25, and 50.

Alternatively, you could open up the esp in either CK or xedit and change the perk XP value to anything you want.

aah, didn't realise that it wasn't straight forward to add a slider there. The number of options looks like a good work around.

On 7/3/2021 at 6:44 PM, ebbluminous said:

aah, didn't realise that it wasn't straight forward to add a slider there. The number of options looks like a good work around.

Version 1.20 is up!  Instead of trying to add various hardcoded XP caps (which was inelegant at best), I added a percent adjustment slider to XP (which is a much easier solution).

v. 1.20

-Hardcore XP mode now includes a slider to adjust XP gained from external sources.

10 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

Version 1.20 is up!  Instead of trying to add various hardcoded XP caps (which was inelegant at best), I added a percent adjustment slider to XP (which is a much easier solution).

v. 1.20

-Hardcore XP mode now includes a slider to adjust XP gained from external sources.

Awesome, thank you for the update!