Excellent mod!  The ability to reduce XP from certain scenes adds a nice touch of immersion, specifically, if you're character is raped.  The trauma sustained can easily be explained as a loss of experience.  However, I've found some difficulty while attempting to customize the sliders in the MCM.  Currently, you're able to lose experience for any scene tagged ass aggressive.  This works well for scenes where your character is raped, but you also lose experience when engaged in consensual kinky scenes that have an aggressive tag.  The ability to only lose experience when your character is a victim of rape would be ideal.  A mod like Sex Em Up includes kinky scenes tagged as aggressive to be a part of the randomly selected solicitation or flirtation scenes, so it's a bit annoying when you lose experience in such a way.  Appreciate the consideration, and thanks again for a great mod!

33 minutes ago, bubbabignose said:

Excellent mod!  The ability to reduce XP from certain scenes adds a nice touch of immersion, specifically, if you're character is raped.  The trauma sustained can easily be explained as a loss of experience.  However, I've found some difficulty while attempting to customize the sliders in the MCM.  Currently, you're able to lose experience for any scene tagged ass aggressive.  This works well for scenes where your character is raped, but you also lose experience when engaged in consensual kinky scenes that have an aggressive tag.  The ability to only lose experience when your character is a victim of rape would be ideal.  A mod like Sex Em Up includes kinky scenes tagged as aggressive to be a part of the randomly selected solicitation or flirtation scenes, so it's a bit annoying when you lose experience in such a way.  Appreciate the consideration, and thanks again for a great mod!

That's the way it should work already.  The mod integration MCM settings by default should force consensual flagged scenes to use non-aggressive outcome.  So as long as SEU is correctly flagging the scene, you shouldn't get aggressive XP multiplier.

I don't use SEU personally but I was under the impression that it set the proper scene flags.  I can check tonight and make sure I didn't screw up a conditional in the script or something.

27 minutes ago, spicydoritos said:

That's the way it should work already.  The mod integration MCM settings by default should force consensual flagged scenes to use non-aggressive outcome.  So as long as SEU is correctly flagging the scene, you shouldn't get aggressive XP multiplier.

I don't use SEU personally but I was under the impression that it set the proper scene flags.  I can check tonight and make sure I didn't screw up a conditional in the script or something.

Thanks for the quick reply.  I'm probably asking for something specific that is probably easier on my end to deal with rather than have you as a mod author take action upon.  My primary curiosity is finding ways to blend mods so as to differentiate between consensual and non consensual aggressive scenes.  In Sex Ed's case it would be determining which mod called the scene.

For example, if AAF Violate 

calls a scene tagged as aggressive and the player character as the rape victim.  Losing experience with Sex Ed makes a lot of sense.  Even more so when AAF Sex Attributes 

is installed due to the trauma effect.  One could also view losing experience if the player character is the aggressor when an npc submits through the AAF Violate options and the player chooses to rape the hostile npc or joins in with a follower.  It's bad karma to assault, no matter the context.

The technical issue I'd like to address is when you use the consensual options with 

and you lose experience because it can randomly call upon scenes tagged as aggressive, but when used alongside AAF Sex Attributes you don't incur trauma since you weren't raped.  I realize I'm splitting some hairs or asking for nuance that goes beyond many mod authors vision or investments, but I figured it's best to ask and be rejected then let curiosity be unchecked :D.  It may very well be an issue for AAF Sex Em Up not tagging scenes completely rather than an issue on your end.  I don't plan on removing or not using your mod either way because it has so many positives going for it.  Cheers.

Indeed.  The whole reason I added checks for PlayerRaped/PlayerRapist and Consensual scene flags (and the reason folks like EgoBallistic created/use them) is for cross-mod integration precisely how you describe.  If Sex Attributes is reacting correctly to a Consensual flag but SexEd isn't, that leads me to believe one of my script conditionals isn't working as intended. 

It's not a case I was able to check during creation; none of my AAF mods set a Consensual flag for their scene.

18 minutes ago, spicydoritos said:

Indeed.  The whole reason I added checks for PlayerRaped/PlayerRapist and Consensual scene flags (and the reason folks like EgoBallistic created/use them) is for cross-mod integration precisely how you describe.  If Sex Attributes is reacting correctly to a Consensual flag but SexEd isn't, that leads me to believe one of my script conditionals isn't working as intended. 

It's not a case I was able to check during creation; none of my AAF mods set a Consensual flag for their scene.

Appreciate your dedication and eye for subtlety.  Might this be a change you can make for a future update?

24 minutes ago, spicydoritos said:

Just confirming that SEU does apply the PlayerRaped, PlayerRapist, and Consensual meta strings.  Make sure you are parsing the strings correctly - the convention is that meta strings are comma-delimited, with the mod name first followed by other info.  For example, "AAF_SEU,Consensual".

8 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

Just confirming that SEU does apply the PlayerRaped, PlayerRapist, and Consensual meta strings.  Make sure you are parsing the strings correctly - the convention is that meta strings are comma-delimited, with the mod name first followed by other info.  For example, "AAF_SEU,Consensual".

Thanks for the confirmation.  I was pretty sure SEU included this feature.  I'll take a look at my scripts tonight and figure out what's wrong.

6 hours ago, bubbabignose said:

Thank you, both, for your active responses and collaboration.

So, I tried to replicate your issue using SEU, but it seems to be working as expected on my end.  I ran a couple of animations with aggressive tags and SexEd picked up the Consensual flag, granting non-aggressive XP.  Then I initiated the same animations via AAF menu and got aggressive XP.

What version of SexEd are you using?  And are you absolutely positive that you have the MCM integration settings as follows?

Spoiler

Clipboard01.jpg.41b4f6639e2e9a7da2959e860921c658.jpg

7 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

So, I tried to replicate your issue using SEU, but it seems to be working as expected on my end.  I ran a couple of animations with aggressive tags and SexEd picked up the Consensual flag, granting non-aggressive XP.  Then I initiated the same animations via AAF menu and got aggressive XP.

What version of SexEd are you using?  And are you absolutely positive that you have the MCM integration settings as follows?

Reveal hidden contents

Clipboard01.jpg.41b4f6639e2e9a7da2959e860921c658.jpg

I reinstalled F4SE and attempted to run through some AAF SEU scenes and it appears the settings you recommended and I had been running were now working appropriately.  I used the AAF menu to watch for the specific scene used and at least one was an aggressive tagged scene, using the solicitation option in SEU.  Version 1.2 for Sex Ed.  Will keep an eye on any future scenarios and report back if something odd happens.  Appreciate you taking the time to help, even if it was something on my end that was wrong.

• 1 month later...

Hey @spicydoritos

Playing my new playthrought with your mods and having fun.

I have a mode that triple the needed xp to jump a level.

And i have activated your hardcore xp mode at 50%

I like leveling slowly and this does it great,

And if i get killed (csl+violate) man it hurts losing the xp that i slowly gained....

Quite a fun ride since i would already be like level 5 in concord :P

Now i finished concord and i am one third level 2

2 hours ago, tuxagent7 said:

Hey @spicydoritos

Playing my new playthrought with your mods and having fun.

I have a mode that triple the needed xp to jump a level.

And i have activated your hardcore xp mode at 50%

I like leveling slowly and this does it great,

And if i get killed (csl+violate) man it hurts losing the xp that i slowly gained....

Quite a fun ride since i would already be like level 5 in concord :P

Now i finished concord and i am one third level 2

Glad you're enjoying it!  To be honest, I myself have made much heavier use of the XP reduction and loss features than I originally anticipated.  Scarcity and struggle makes for a rather challenging game!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Version 1.21 is up!

v. 1.21

-Added MCM option to toggle exclusion/inclusion of “kissing” tag on blacklist. [I noticed at least one group sex animation that included a kissing tag.  The cleaner solution is for the user to tidy up their animation tags.  Since that's a grossly unrealistic expectation, a toggle option is the next best choice. ?]

-Added MCM slider to optionally gain self esteem (from Sex Attributes) after consensual sex.

-Added MCM option to prevent XP restoration when game detects lower experience than required by current player level.

Some further explanation is warranted on the XP restoration option.  The FO4 engine dislikes when character XP is below the minimum required by their current level.  If you save in this state, the game will add XP on load until you meet the level threshold.  I even replicated this behavior in an unmodded game.  Now obviously, you'll never notice this issue vis-a-vis SexEd unless three things are happening: one, you're running a negative XP multiplier on aggressive sex; two, you're not using the option to stop XP loss below current level threshold; and three, you've had enough aggressive sex lately to lose lots of XP. 

For me, this tends to happen early game with Raider Pet, mid game with major combat defeats, and then again later once Sexual Harassment has its claws dug in.  For others, who knows?  Literally not one other person brought this issue up.  So if I end up being the only user of this feature, hey, at least I'm happy!  If it helps somebody else too, then bonus points.  Happy gaming, all!

First, great mod.  I consider this a must-have for any aaf playthrough.  I'm not sure of the difficulty or feasibility of doing so, but I would like to see a healing or food value associated with relevant aaf tags.  I've been looking at https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19626/?tab=description and https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/41381 , and have integrated a lot these elements into my own patch, greatly reducing healing and healing sources.  Having my mc fuck a lot is great, but having a reason to fuck seems to be even better imho.  Not specifically xp related, but seems close.  Just a thought.  Appreciate the work you put into this, thanks.  

5 hours ago, Loversclod said:

First, great mod.  I consider this a must-have for any aaf playthrough.  I'm not sure of the difficulty or feasibility of doing so, but I would like to see a healing or food value associated with relevant aaf tags.  I've been looking at https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19626/?tab=description and https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/41381 , and have integrated a lot these elements into my own patch, greatly reducing healing and healing sources.  Having my mc fuck a lot is great, but having a reason to fuck seems to be even better imho.  Not specifically xp related, but seems close.  Just a thought.  Appreciate the work you put into this, thanks.  

IMO it doesn't quite fit with the "XP for sex" theme.  However, I've previously thought about writing a mod that would satisfy hunger/thirst after oral.  It just seemed a bit... computationally expensive? for such a small effect.  Another controller quest, another OnStop event registration, checks for valid animation, player position, tags, etc.

On the other hand, including more optional healing effects might make the endeavor worthwhile.  I'll give it some thought.  I've been in a mod writing mood lately.

9 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

I've previously thought about writing a mod that would satisfy hunger/thirst after oral.

I considered trying to put together something similar, since I always play in survival (well, with Advanced Needs 2, not vanilla survival mode) and often have trouble finding sufficient food in some captive scenarios. Also, I have Scavver's Closet limiting the food/drink/meds I can carry, so tend not to have much with me for surviving extended stays.

Edit: It might also warrant an addiction mechanic.

Speaking of which, not really related to sex at all, but I've been wanting something like Dark Cravings for junk food and soda, Unhealthy Cravings... would go well with a weight gain mod, except all the available ones also have their own problems last I looked.

Edited by vaultbait
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Not reporting a bug or anything like that, just making a small request for new version... Could you make one of the Debug MCM options available for hotkey assignment? Specifically the View Sexual Encounter Statistics - I find myself checking it out quite often and I always have to wait a few seconds till MCM loads up (I'm to blame here since I have quite heavy load order and maybe too much mods installed). Having a hotkey for the said action would be amazing!

That being said thanks for sharing the mod! I've used it for quite some time now and never experienced any issues with it whatsoever! Great job, keep it up!

Edited by rubber_duck