Trails of Cold Steel 4 (Mod Request)

24 minutes ago, ludger166 said:

This seems too be happening with these 2 characters only as far as I'm aware, they are supposed to have nude model? or is 3dmigoto affecting these characters?

not sure what might be causing that.

Identical hashes would be my guess

6 hours ago, amorrow28 said:

I think you just have to try, it’s tinkering with the physics of the model. Most of those files are parameters for the moving parts, I swear 50+% of each file is hair movement. Messing too much with the physics destroys the object, like it’s ripped away by excessively strong wind. (I initially removed skirts using .inf modding but gave up on that because some models don’t have skirt physics.)

All the .inf files have descriptions in Japanese. Just paste the entire file into google translate and it will tell you exactly which sections belong to what body parts.

Oh, I should've been more specific. Yeah, I already ran the text file through google translate and I understand that its definitely LeftChest and RightChest that I want to modify, but I'm still a bit stumped on what each of the options, such as "SpringJoint" and "SpringJointDamper" really entail. I'm trying to minimize trial and error, but I think that's probably more or less impossible for me. I don't think I'll be able to get my desired result from this but I may as well try. Thank you guys for the help that you've given me so far!

Edit: after tinkering with it for a bit, I think its kind of impossible or at the very least implausible to make the breasts any bigger than they already have been made with Majin's mod, unless I'm missing something. That, and now considering the fact that using blender for all of the girls costumes individually would probably be severely time consuming, even if I did know what I was doing, has led me to believe that I should probably just give up on what I'm doing. Oh well, worth a try, thank you guys for trying to help!

Edited by Skelento
Update on Progress

Big thanks to @Switch608 and @amorrow28 for all the work you guys put into bringing these mods to us! Especially since it was all for free! You guys are the MVPs we have been waiting for for years. I also wanna thank @kulado for the tutorial on how to install everything.

I have something to share too - in case anyone is unaware, you can use this script to unlock Free Camera mode using Cheat Engine: https://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15803&start=176

The script also allows you to freeze the screen and move the camera around during cutscenes and combat, which can be used to see the girls in more dynamic poses since they move a lot during S-Crafts. Moving the camera during cutscenes/S-Crafts is a little janky, but it works.

Juna1.png.abd9afc4e4d5f2d8fe694bee35591d82.png

1795039606_St.AstraiaGirls3.png.3c60c4eb2a502b8199d6feaa2f87fc6f.png
Fie1.png.6d0ba21498b37f2606b201e800e0f8bb.png
Sara2.png.3999dc7ba778d9e5c8dcc5b3e066586c.png

Here's some more examples. Beware of spoilers for Act 2 on the Towa pics if you decide to check it out:
CSreens.rar

Edited by Whayameen
Didn't tag usernames properly whoops
On 5/6/2022 at 2:46 AM, ludger166 said:

This seems too be happening with these 2 characters only as far as I'm aware, they are supposed to have nude model? or is 3dmigoto affecting these characters?

not sure what might be causing that.

EDIT: FIXED:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/?do=findComment&comment=3788622

Edited by amorrow28
8 hours ago, Skelento said:

Oh, I should've been more specific. Yeah, I already ran the text file through google translate and I understand that its definitely LeftChest and RightChest that I want to modify, but I'm still a bit stumped on what each of the options, such as "SpringJoint" and "SpringJointDamper" really entail. I'm trying to minimize trial and error, but I think that's probably more or less impossible for me. I don't think I'll be able to get my desired result from this but I may as well try. Thank you guys for the help that you've given me so far!

Edit: after tinkering with it for a bit, I think its kind of impossible or at the very least implausible to make the breasts any bigger than they already have been made with Majin's mod, unless I'm missing something. That, and now considering the fact that using blender for all of the girls costumes individually would probably be severely time consuming, even if I did know what I was doing, has led me to believe that I should probably just give up on what I'm doing. Oh well, worth a try, thank you guys for trying to help!

Yeah, ambition can definitely curb or even crush your enthusiasm, I know that feeling.

If you still have any semblance of the spark, I would suggest you pick your favorite character, import switch608's nude model of that character into blender, try modding a bit (hint: select the vertices you're interested in, and *pull* them out a bit, haha).  Then export it back out, split the buffers with my script, and see what it looks like in game.  If you're happy with it, you're done!  If not, adjust a little.  Don't plan to do more than just your favorite character, unless you find you really want to.  ?

15 minutes ago, amorrow28 said:

Yeah, ambition can definitely curb or even crush your enthusiasm, I know that feeling.

If you still have any semblance of the spark, I would suggest you pick your favorite character, import switch608's nude model of that character into blender, try modding a bit (hint: select the vertices you're interested in, and *pull* them out a bit, haha).  Then export it back out, split the buffers with my script, and see what it looks like in game.  If you're happy with it, you're done!  If not, adjust a little.  Don't plan to do more than just your favorite character, unless you find you really want to.  ?

Yeah, actually, I think you're right. Its not really like I have to go all or nothing, I'll probably end up picking out one or two characters and then messing with them a bit then, when I have the time. Thanks, man.

CS4.png.47b74f8695ba4716934f8e915ead1e3e.png

Here's an update for my CS4 skirt delete mod!  I've made it to the final chapter of the game, so I'm guessing it's pretty complete at this point.  (If it isn't, don't tell me, I'm trying to avoid spoilers.)

NOTE: PLEASE DELETE THE PRIOR MOD (delete the Mods/UnSkirtMod folder), OR THERE WILL BE ERRORS.

This mod is also available in .pkg format!  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/?do=findComment&comment=4026587

VERSION 1.3: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/?do=findComment&comment=3773380

CS4_UnSkirtMod_v1.2_with_3Dmigoto_1_3_16.7z - OBSOLETE

Here is a save file that looks to have NG+ (I haven't verified, I'm not using NG+, but hopefully it has all the costumes?) -  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/?do=findComment&comment=3745299

Instructions for compatibility for S_S_Majin's nude towels mod is included in archive, just follow the included directions (does not come with the mod).  Information on compatibility with Switch608's nude mod is here:  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/?do=findComment&comment=3832221

Spoiler

1395156000_2022-05-0922_21_04-TheLegendofHeroes-TrailsofColdSteelIV_SteamEnabled_GoGInited.png.e71437ae1806fe0ba565b404b89dc51f.png

Edited by amorrow28
8 hours ago, amorrow28 said:

Here's an update for my CS4 skirt delete mod!  I've made it to the final chapter of the game, so I'm guessing it's pretty complete at this point.  (If it isn't, don't tell me, I'm trying to avoid spoilers.)

NOTE: PLEASE DELETE THE PRIOR MOD (delete the Mods/UnSkirtMod folder), OR THERE WILL BE ERRORS.

CS4_UnSkirtMod_v1.2_with_3Dmigoto_1_3_16.7z 18.1 MB · 46 downloads

Here is a save file that looks to have NG+ (I haven't verified, I'm not using NG+, but hopefully it has all the costumes?) -  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/?do=findComment&comment=3745299

Instructions for compatibility for S_S_Majin's nude towels mod is included in archive, just follow the included directions (does not come with the mod).  Information on compatibility with Switch608's nude mod is here:  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/?do=findComment&comment=3746230

Hide contents

Wow amazing!!! panties mods are always welcome!! just something about seeing these Trails babes in there panties only and adds so much more kink too them!

Love em!! appreciate the update m8!! : D

Edited by ludger166
14 hours ago, ludger166 said:

Wow amazing!!! panties mods are always welcome!! just something about seeing these Trails babes in there panties only and adds so much more kink too them!

Love em!! appreciate the update m8!! : D

Thanks!  As always, I appreciate the appreciation. ?

BTW I'm curious if anyone had found the easter egg I left in the skirt delete mod?  It's been there since the first update, but no one has ever commented on it or posted a screenshot here...

Spoiler

Try pressing F5 with the St. Astraia uniform equipped.

7 hours ago, tigers said:

So, i installed the nude mod, but theres this wierd shade thing going with everyone's hands.

Can anyone help figure out what i am doing wrong?

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

That is because the hands are graffted onto the body which is not the characters original model, actually there was way more noticeable seams before this update on the hajimari nude mods, this is a huge improvement as most seams are not as visible anymore except the the ones on there wrists. in certain lights it disappears and if you don't focus on the hands too much you wont really notice it.

On 5/12/2022 at 2:36 PM, amorrow28 said:

Thanks!  As always, I appreciate the appreciation. ?

BTW I'm curious if anyone had found the easter egg I left in the skirt delete mod?  It's been there since the first update, but no one has ever commented on it or posted a screenshot here...

Reveal hidden contents

Try pressing F5 with the St. Astraia uniform equipped.

Well that was indeed quite the easter egg! who knew Elise was so naughty under the hood ?

THE LEGEND OF HEROES  HAJIMARI NO KISEKI Screenshot 2022.05.14 - 00.29.34.43.png

THE LEGEND OF HEROES  HAJIMARI NO KISEKI Screenshot 2022.05.14 - 00.30.01.61.png

@amorrow28 Man you teasing that easter egg made me download the whole game again just to see it. It was worth it tho ?
Ludger already posted it, but I might as well post my screenshots too:

Spoiler

Astraia1.png.9fbf17716d2cff64e2c3007a2142d5c2.pngAstraia2.png.46cc61ff16dd879c6b794df2e1001b0e.pngAstraia3.png.e985cc48078eafbb567eb18fe6e64503.pngAstraia4.png.00deec94e55be21bff10885bda2b889f.png

I checked the concert too and discovered that Schera and Sully have quite the hidden booty themselves:

Spoiler

1047955727_SullySchera1.png.6a486c84d6a3dfeff6ae4e802a2a6e7a.png64021439_SullySchera4.png.e21f856b78939885991b65f3e98ad7f2.png

Once again, you can see a few more screenshots on the (this time correctly titled) folder. Beware of spoilers for Act 2:

CScreens2.rar

Now the question is: how do you swap models? Assuming the animation doesn't break, seeing other character doing the dance would be sweet. Do you know how amorrow?

5 hours ago, Whayameen said:

@amorrow28 Man you teasing that easter egg made me download the whole game again just to see it. It was worth it tho ?
Ludger already posted it, but I might as well post my screenshots too:

Hide contents

Astraia1.png.9fbf17716d2cff64e2c3007a2142d5c2.pngAstraia2.png.46cc61ff16dd879c6b794df2e1001b0e.pngAstraia3.png.e985cc48078eafbb567eb18fe6e64503.pngAstraia4.png.00deec94e55be21bff10885bda2b889f.png

I checked the concert too and discovered that Schera and Sully have quite the hidden booty themselves:

Hide contents

1047955727_SullySchera1.png.6a486c84d6a3dfeff6ae4e802a2a6e7a.png64021439_SullySchera4.png.e21f856b78939885991b65f3e98ad7f2.png

Once again, you can see a few more screenshots on the (this time correctly titled) folder. Beware of spoilers for Act 2:

CScreens2.rar

Now the question is: how do you swap models? Assuming the animation doesn't break, seeing other character doing the dance would be sweet. Do you know how amorrow?

Highly agreed! absolutely love these unskirt mods from Amorrow!! just the right amount of revelling and yes, most of the character models have so much ass its crazy how its mostly covered up but with the unskirt mod all is laid bare to see ???? truly a treat too see those lovely booties and the Saint Astra one is kinky af and very video friendly for those who like too upload gameplay's with this mod! Once again thank you so much for these hot af mods Amorrow! really just adds so much more life into the game by seeing cute panties and voluptuous booties!! especially thank you for unskirt Rixias too! she has the best and most revealing ass in Hajimari!! :)))) ??????

Thanks @ludger166 and @Whayameen!  I know it sounds ridiculous since I made the mod but I live for the screenshots (and commentary) haha.  They're so fun to browse through!

First, to answer @Whayameen's question, I do believe there's a way to swap models, but I never managed to figure it out.  They talk about it in the CS3 thread, for example here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/141087-trails-of-cold-steel-3-mod-request/?do=findComment&comment=3111651  I couldn't figure it out though, because all the assets were packed into a single file and I couldn't figure out how to unpack them.  There are mods that have been teased (playable Towa etc) that would require model swapping.  To my knowledge, no one has explained how to do it.  Swapping a playable character would be a nightmare because apparently if all the dialogue etc doesn't match up, the game crashes.  Swapping just for an animated cutscene should be doable though.

Also, @ludger166 in case you happen to have the Rixia DLC, I included an even shorter version of her wedding dress.  You need to move the .ini file into the shorter dress folder, like this:

Spoiler

304307984_2022-05-1410_10_50-Window.png.d6130994ca897fff6e133c609bd15d01.png

You'll end up with her dress looking like this:

RixiaMoonShortDress.png.61f70d073981337b38405a7db3246e6e.png

I didn't make this the default becuase unfortunately making the dress this short results in a gap in the model.  If the gap doesn't bother you though, then who am I to stop you?  ?

The mod has a bunch of my random workfiles in there like this, because I'm too lazy to clean up and also I figure others will look and mod.  Like you can make Juna's default costume be more revealing, but it breaks a vertex group and the screen starts to artifact.  It's useable, but there's no way I could release it like that.

29 minutes ago, Zero_Fucks_Given said:

in order to model swap you have to open the massive archive with a hex editor and do some searching and renaming....provided ofcourse you know which model number is which character so yah its doable if not a lil tedious 

Huh, that doesn’t sound that hard actually. I’m pretty sure a comprehensive list of character models is available somewhere earlier in this thread.

7 hours ago, amorrow28 said:

Huh, that doesn’t sound that hard actually. I’m pretty sure a comprehensive list of character models is available somewhere earlier in this thread.

its more tedious than hard if i remember correctly you had to rename the model you want to replacce with the model you are replacing then you had to do the face file FC_ i believe then a secondary model i dont remember though then you had to renamethe model you arre replacing with the model you replaced etc etc its not necessarily hard its just tedious AF. and ALWAYS have a backup of the vanilla file because one wrong letter one wrong space or underscore and the game would not load or load and crash then you had to go do it all over again 

Edited by Zero_Fucks_Given
5 minutes ago, Zero_Fucks_Given said:

its more tedious than hard if i remember correctly you had to rename the model you want to replacce with the model you are replacing then you had to do the face file FC_ i believe then a secondary model i dont remember though then you had to renamethe model you arre replacing with the model you replaced etc etc its not necessarily hard its just tedious AF. and ALWAYS have a backup of the vanilla file because one wrong letter one wrong space or underscore and the game would not load or load and crash then you had to go do it all over again 

Yeah, that’s one reason I haven’t touched it. Not worth it imo, trying to change single bits in an 11gb file when I don’t even have the space to back it up… one wrong move and I have to reinstall the whole game. ?

12 hours ago, amorrow28 said:

Thanks @ludger166 and @Whayameen!  I know it sounds ridiculous since I made the mod but I live for the screenshots (and commentary) haha.  They're so fun to browse through!

First, to answer @Whayameen's question, I do believe there's a way to swap models, but I never managed to figure it out.  They talk about it in the CS3 thread, for example here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/141087-trails-of-cold-steel-3-mod-request/?do=findComment&comment=3111651  I couldn't figure it out though, because all the assets were packed into a single file and I couldn't figure out how to unpack them.  There are mods that have been teased (playable Towa etc) that would require model swapping.  To my knowledge, no one has explained how to do it.  Swapping a playable character would be a nightmare because apparently if all the dialogue etc doesn't match up, the game crashes.  Swapping just for an animated cutscene should be doable though.

Also, @ludger166 in case you happen to have the Rixia DLC, I included an even shorter version of her wedding dress.  You need to move the .ini file into the shorter dress folder, like this:

Reveal hidden contents

304307984_2022-05-1410_10_50-Window.png.d6130994ca897fff6e133c609bd15d01.png

You'll end up with her dress looking like this:

RixiaMoonShortDress.png.61f70d073981337b38405a7db3246e6e.png

I didn't make this the default becuase unfortunately making the dress this short results in a gap in the model.  If the gap doesn't bother you though, then who am I to stop you?  ?

The mod has a bunch of my random workfiles in there like this, because I'm too lazy to clean up and also I figure others will look and mod.  Like you can make Juna's default costume be more revealing, but it breaks a vertex group and the screen starts to artifact.  It's useable, but there's no way I could release it like that.

Oh nah not at all! I totally get the whole reading comment's about your own work and mods since I do the same when it comes too the videos I upload on my channel and the lewd stills that i make on Blender, just really nice and refreshing too see positivity about the stuff you made that everyone is greatly enjoying ya know? Yeah I actually did happen too get the a little after I got the game, never did I expect there would such a lewd and revealing mod for this costume for her hoho boi! ????Even more voluptuous Rixia mods ?Ofc mods revealing her plump booty are just what the doctor ordered and extremely kinky! just makes you wanna pull and tug the heck outa what she's got on xD it is always greatly appreciated too have the trails babes running around in dangerous and revealing panties like this, I'm not even kidding! and also these mods are just perfect too make sfw but also really kinky videos of as I love uploading mods like this that show a great deal of the character`s assets without worrying about the ban hammer! xD

Again thanks so much for these awesome mods, I love switching between this and the fully nude mods! cannot thank you and everyone else that made happen, extremely grateful as it was starting too seem a little bleak in the modding section for the Trails games since I play the fuk out of these xD 

Big shout out too @S_S_Majin aswell for the bath towel mods which showed a great deal at the time! : D 

Edited by ludger166
typo

Going by what @Zero_Fucks_Given said, you would need to spend a lot of time to replace character models so it's hard to imagine someone going through all that trouble, but... this Kaito guy did it multiple times:
http://blog.livedoor.jp/rio_okada/archives/82598863.html
http://blog.livedoor.jp/rio_okada/archives/82353631.html
http://blog.livedoor.jp/rio_okada/archives/82433189.html

Unrelated, but he even managed to turn Musse into a bike (funniest shit I've ever seen):
http://blog.livedoor.jp/rio_okada/archives/82333827.html

So this makes me wonder if there are alternative methods to replace character models. I mean, it's possible Kaito just really wanted to see Alfin and Elise spread their legs and did everything like Zero said, but it would be nice if there was some quicker method ?