Trails of Cold Steel 4 (Mod Request)

7 hours ago, amorrow28 said:

Wait, Towa best girl is in this game??! ?

Yes, though it's not really explained why. It's more of a developer in-joke. And yes, I'm not trying to say the entire game was completely devoid of unique assets, but there was a lot of reused stuff. The dungeons were also very simply designed with basic art assets because they were made quickly.  The game was made to slot in very quickly between CS2 and Ys 8, both of which were from much higher profile franchises in Falcom's library.  Ys 8 wasn't ready for the year following CS2 though, and Falcom always makes one game a year, hence TX's fairly rushed development. It's not that bad a game considering how fast they made it. It's a shame the translation was less than stellar. It was something of a sleeper hit in Japan, on the Vita that is. Otaku liked the Vita and they liked games where they played as highschoolers going on adventures so TX did well in Japan. The subsequent release on PS4 for the ex version didn't however, certainly not compared to the Vita version.

When it came time to port the game west Falcom was adamant that the Vita version (which had fewer features) be ported as well as the ex version. I don't think they realized that the Vita was long dead in the west by then, if it ever could have been considered alive in the first place. The rumor is this is what caused the falling out between XSeed and Falcom. The story goes Xseed refused to do the Vita version because they said it wouldn't sell, Falcom insisted because of how popular the Vita version was in Japan and XSeed passed on the project. In order to do Akiba's Beat...in retrospect, not a great choice. Falcom contracted Aksys for a quick and dirty localization job of TX, got the Vita version they wanted, which flopped predictably and all in all I think the game never did very well here. After that NISA successfully courted Falcom (which they had apparently been trying for years) and that's where we are now.

9 hours ago, undeadclown99 said:

You don't seem to be getting this. If the game was on the Vita then that's it. Vita is the graphical cap. Yes they were put on other systems, that doesn't matter at all. Vita is still the graphical cap. The models are the same in every version because they were made for the Vita. Tokyo Xanadu and Cold Steel were both vita games, thus they look like Vita games. The model quality is almost the same. TX used a ton of assets from Cold Steel. Falcom reuses assets all the time to keep up with their massive crunch schedule and TX is very clearly built from a lot of those parts, from textures to animations.

did you even read anything that i wrote you clown? I'm done arguing with someone repeating the same shit in a different way just to add a pile of text into their argument.

1 hour ago, undeadclown99 said:

Yes, though it's not really explained why. It's more of a developer in-joke. And yes, I'm not trying to say the entire game was completely devoid of unique assets, but there was a lot of reused stuff. The dungeons were also very simply designed with basic art assets because they were made quickly.  The game was made to slot in very quickly between CS2 and Ys 8, both of which were from much higher profile franchises in Falcom's library.  Ys 8 wasn't ready for the year following CS2 though, and Falcom always makes one game a year, hence TX's fairly rushed development. It's not that bad a game considering how fast they made it. It's a shame the translation was less than stellar. It was something of a sleeper hit in Japan, on the Vita that is. Otaku liked the Vita and they liked games where they played as highschoolers going on adventures so TX did well in Japan. The subsequent release on PS4 for the ex version didn't however, certainly not compared to the Vita version.

When it came time to port the game west Falcom was adamant that the Vita version (which had fewer features) be ported as well as the ex version. I don't think they realized that the Vita was long dead in the west by then, if it ever could have been considered alive in the first place. The rumor is this is what caused the falling out between XSeed and Falcom. The story goes Xseed refused to do the Vita version because they said it wouldn't sell, Falcom insisted because of how popular the Vita version was in Japan and XSeed passed on the project. In order to do Akiba's Beat...in retrospect, not a great choice. Falcom contracted Aksys for a quick and dirty localization job of TX, got the Vita version they wanted, which flopped predictably and all in all I think the game never did very well here. After that NISA successfully courted Falcom (which they had apparently been trying for years) and that's where we are now.

man, you're hopeless.

1 hour ago, Switch608 said:

Well, let me explain why I want to unpack and pack the phrye files.
Not for NS, of course, I'm only interested in PC game mods.
My purpose is mainly to get the skeleton.
Because using 3dmigoto I can only get the meshs and textures, not other things, especially the skeleton (maybe there is a way to get it, I don't know). 
With the skeleton I can adjust the weights,so that the model does not deform when doing various actions.
But so far it looks fine, even without adjusting the weights there is no big deformation.

I'm just interested in trying to see if I can get it.
I tried the links you provided and those tools can't get the skeleton. 
It seems like you said, I have to research phrye engine. 
So I've decided to give up and thanks for the help you provided. ?

That’s too bad. Well, at least we’ve had some fun with the tools in the meantime. ?

6 hours ago, PepeLordd said:

did you even read anything that i wrote you clown? I'm done arguing with someone repeating the same shit in a different way just to add a pile of text into their argument.

Yes I did, you said:

20 hours ago, PepeLordd said:

Towa is higher poly in xanadu than in cold steel 1 and 2 and if you really think they look the same go get your eyes checked.

You've been trying to say TX's graphics were somehow a huge improvement over CS's, I posted two models to show, no, they weren't. Both of them are Vita games and look like it.

6 hours ago, PepeLordd said:

man, you're hopeless.

Sorry that I know a lot about Falcom? I have no idea why you're so mad.

14 hours ago, undeadclown99 said:

You've been trying to say TX's graphics were somehow a huge improvement over CS's, I posted two models to show, no, they weren't. Both of them are Vita games and look like it.

You sure love to keep bullshiting your way through your arguments

14 hours ago, undeadclown99 said:

Sorry that I know a lot about Falcom? I have no idea why you're so mad.

Saying you're hopeless and somehow I'm mad? either way in the ignore list you go.

9 hours ago, PepeLordd said:

You sure love to keep bullshiting your way through your arguments

I mean you could try explaining how the two images I posted look all that different graphically. If I am making this up as you claim, that should be easy right?

9 hours ago, PepeLordd said:

Saying you're hopeless and somehow I'm mad?

I mean, yes. You're the one insulting me. I'm not sure how that would somehow make me the mad one.

@amorrow28thank you for your mods and tutorials. With your tutorials, im thinking about giving modding a try once I figure out how to get my laptop running again from it's BSOD.

I do have a question somewhat related to your unskirt mod, based on a question I pitched in October. Is it possible to just remove the panties, and (now that we have a more detailed nude mod) replace the panties with the nude texture? So basically, no panties. That's literally it, no adjustments to the rest of the girl's costumes or anything.

2 hours ago, Ayking said:

@amorrow28thank you for your mods and tutorials. With your tutorials, im thinking about giving modding a try once I figure out how to get my laptop running again from it's BSOD.

I do have a question somewhat related to your unskirt mod, based on a question I pitched in October. Is it possible to just remove the panties, and (now that we have a more detailed nude mod) replace the panties with the nude texture? So basically, no panties. That's literally it, no adjustments to the rest of the girl's costumes or anything.

Yes, girl by girl.* I tried and never got a good result, so I gave up. I’m no digital artist - all my results are from shuffling existing textures around. Someone with art skills could probably do a lot better.

(Actually there’s a really easy way - you could just get rid of the panties by painting over them with skin tone and relying on the shape of the body to give you the look you want. It looks very plain though.)

If you succeed, I’d love to see it! Clearly I enjoy bottomless, given the nature of my mod. ?

EDIT: I say girl by girl, but there’s actually only about 3-4 key baked shapes that would need to be painted, and the rest is done by copy/paste. So if anyone with the skill wants to do it… I can help by providing the 3-4 key textures. (Off the top of my head, I would think Alfin, Sara and Musse ought to do it. Pretty much everyone else can be propagated from there.)

Edited by amorrow28
5 hours ago, amorrow28 said:

Yes, girl by girl.* I tried and never got a good result, so I gave up. I’m no digital artist - all my results are from shuffling existing textures around. Someone with art skills could probably do a lot better.

(Actually there’s a really easy way - you could just get rid of the panties by painting over them with skin tone and relying on the shape of the body to give you the look you want. It looks very plain though.)

If you succeed, I’d love to see it! Clearly I enjoy bottomless, given the nature of my mod. ?

EDIT: I say girl by girl, but there’s actually only about 3-4 key baked shapes that would need to be painted, and the rest is done by copy/paste. So if anyone with the skill wants to do it… I can help by providing the 3-4 key textures. (Off the top of my head, I would think Alfin, Sara and Musse ought to do it. Pretty much everyone else can be propagated from there.)

Thank you for the insight. I figured the "easy" way of color matching the panties would be a quick workaround. I also figured copy/pasting the nude texture would work too, but I guess not. That just goes to show how little I know about modding. If no one plans to take it on, and I figure out how this program works, Ill may give it a try.

Out of curiosity though, how did your attempt look? I'm interested in seeing your results.

3 hours ago, Ayking said:

Thank you for the insight. I figured the "easy" way of color matching the panties would be a quick workaround. I also figured copy/pasting the nude texture would work too, but I guess not. That just goes to show how little I know about modding. If no one plans to take it on, and I figure out how this program works, Ill may give it a try.

Out of curiosity though, how did your attempt look? I'm interested in seeing your results.

i don’t have anything saved, unfortunately. Using the nude texture is  a non-starter as it’s not mapped the same (not even close).

Nude-color panties is probably the easiest way to still have a professional-ish result, but it does look like they’re wearing them.

I really don’t want to pretend to be an authority here though - I’ve seen some incredible work on this forum. I think this would be achievable, just not by me!

Anyway, I’ll try to be helpful. I’ll see if I can’t put up a small tutorial on the basics of texture work {on panties} in this game later to at least get you (and others) going. Sometimes I find the barrier to success is literally not knowing how to get started.

Index of my CS4 tutorials and where to find my mod:

Tutorial time!  Today let's delete tights / change underwear.  (This is really a basic tutorial on how to get textures in and out of the game as well as how to manipulate them, but it's more satisfying to do something fun.)

EliseTutorial.png.85541bcba9a7662cb135af5d1e734f15.png

Disclaimer:  This is NOT a tutorial on how to use Paint.NET or other graphics programs, I'm going to assume you either know how or are willing to watch a short youtube video or something.  Having said that, even if you don't really know how, you can probably follow along.  Here is my workfile in case you want to pull it apart, or literally use as is if you like the final result:

Elise Tutorial File.7z

First, set Blender, plugins and python scripts up.  My tutorials are using Blender 2.93 LTS.  Basic instructions on setup at the top of this tutorial:  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/page/13/#comment-3757792

Second, you want to know how to get a model into Blender in the first place.  Please try this tutorial here at least once, then come back:  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/page/14/#comment-3767886

Ok, let's go!

Step 1:  Getting the texture and UV map (preparation)

First, we're actually going to use index buffer hunting this time instead of the prior method, just because then you'll know both methods.  Turn OFF mods (F2), get your model in frame, enter hunting mode (F12), dump the frame (F8), and merge the buffers.  (Steps 1-4 of the model import tutorial)

Use NumPad7 / NumPad8 to find the relevant index buffer hash, you'll know it when the mesh of interest (in this case the tights) disappears.  Use NumPad9 to copy the hash to the clipboard (it's also in the upper left corner of the screen, for Elise it should be 85350212 as you can see in the image).

Spoiler

123651716_2022-06-1012_29_14-TheLegendofHeroes-TrailsofColdSteelIV_SteamEnabled_GoGInited.png.dc0f4e3ae627823e8064c23633940704.png

When I searched my frame dump for 85350212, I found it belonged to mesh #93.  You can see in the frame dump which mesh corresponds (use file search to find it). Notice that the texture itself is in ps-t2.  There is no normal map (would be in ps-t3) and the gradient map is smooth (ps-t3, would be in ps-t4 if there was a normal map in ps-t3) - if either of these are not the case, you'll have a little extra work to do, but it's a bit beyond the scope of this tutorial (if you're eager to learn what to do here, I suggest you dissect my mod a bit!).

Spoiler

236679483_2022-06-1012_31_40-Window.png.389b81489d34b548adab74b542fa1015.png

Open the texture in Paint.NET, and save it as a PNG.  (Don't close the program, we're coming back in a sec!)

Open the mesh in Blender.  (Or if you used the whole model import method from my last tutorial, select the relevant mesh by clicking on it.)  Switch to Shading mode by clicking on the tab at the top.

Spoiler

1854476975_2022-06-1012_37_55-Window.png.b7bc2d51139f4e0a33878a0d323bae45.png

Press New to create a new material.

Spoiler

1313229473_2022-06-1012_39_12-Window.png.f1fb4885c767561dfedf1f60a96141c6.png

Drag the PNG you saved into the workspace.

Spoiler

744084553_2022-06-1012_40_40-Window.png.f74f0b1b851b3ff3bd47858cbc6b2a7f.png

Connect its Color node to the material's Base Color node by left click dragging from one yellow dot to the other.

Spoiler

831165003_2022-06-1012_41_56-Window.png.d86159bb83994f35aca0e837ae919efa.png

Now you should see your texture applied (only half the model will be correct).  Switch to UV mapping mode by clicking the tab at the top.

Spoiler

1188752338_2022-06-1012_42_37-Window.thumb.png.62e8b11f18e517a4c9674c867403b13e.png

Zoom out (mouse wheel scroll) until you see both the texture and the map.  Notice they don't line up!  Open the sidebar (press 'N').

Spoiler

2126547532_2022-06-1012_43_46-Window.png.d75a2e9f6d81f86573b33567f3b31916.png

Let's line up the map on the texture.  Select all, go to the image tab on the sidebar, and select UV Vertex - Y.

Spoiler

1640998431_2022-06-1012_45_13-Window.png.419d452b710dbea569df92829c96ffee.png

Remove the integer part of the number, leaving the decimal fraction.  (2.50677 would become 0.50677 for example).  IF the number is negative, subtract it from the next whole number (for example if -2.50677, subtract it from 3, so 3 - 2.50677 = 0.49323)

Spoiler

2035004001_2022-06-1012_48_17-Window.png.0e23c4618aa3b327ef1840e630f67791.png

The map should now be lined up.  Save the map (UV -> Export UV Layout) as a PNG.

Spoiler

136462173_2022-06-1012_50_18-Window.png.4819f827f9758326231902230519c055.png

Go back to Paint.NET. Open the UV map as a new layer, or just drag the map onto the texture from file explorer.

Spoiler

360195756_2022-06-1012_50_44-Window.png.d6f077dc3196ef3dc264b867f2131696.png

Now you should see how the CS4 engine maps the texture to the model in game.

Spoiler

1908903168_2022-06-1012_51_18-Window.png.39a01a3f593cdf260f2720ebdb755364.png

If you do this a lot, you'll notice that certain characters have identical mappings.  For example, here is Alfin's texture, the map is identical.

Spoiler

276065857_2022-06-1012_52_35-Window.png.70410e06f2600a4926a029f2507c8e61.png

Here's Tita's, the texture is rotated 90 degrees but you can still see it's the same map.  (sometimes it's smaller, or bigger, but the polygon shapes are the same.)

Spoiler

577161399_2022-06-1012_53_06-Window.png.d592446ce0ad64fc8837cb0e0c9dff18.png

Step 2: Transplanting the texture

Time to insert a new texture!  Let's go with cotton today.  I rotated Tita's texture 90 degrees.  Measuring the edge to edge width of the legs on the UV map, they match (573 pixels to 573 pixels) so we don't even need to resize first!  I copied the texture and pasted as a new layer into Paint.NET.

Spoiler

413104284_2022-06-1012_54_09-Window.png.9627ebfb2f15050a93b1470344460837.png

Moving the texture into place, I can already see 3 problems.  The texture doesn't quite reach her boots, the knees are out of place (although not too much), and the shoe is overlapping the chest texture (shoes for boobs??).

Spoiler

1016531087_2022-06-1012_55_06-Window.png.ef303855d496654869ef45a88e7fb7ff.png

Let's fix the shoe overlap first.  Select the overlap area with the lasso tool, and hit delete (make sure you're on the correct layer).

Spoiler

102861756_2022-06-1012_57_54-.png.b5ded5e3a2cbda70c375b19c68f01273.png

Moving the knees down a little has a few steps.  You'll want to work on a second layer, so first duplicate the transplanted layer (right red arrow).  You're going to want to work with the upper layer.  Select the crotch and delete it from the upper layer (When making your selection, HAVE IT STOP AT THE STRAIGHT LINE - you'll thank me later!).  Hide the lower layer to make your life easier.

Spoiler

1306450747_2022-06-1012_59_11-.png.811c2ec4b98c85dd551aeea2c6631fdd.png

Move the layer until the knees match up with the UV map.  (If you can't tell where it should be, look at her original legs in relationship to the map.)  Notice I had originally cut on the lowest straight line, and now the upper layer is quite a few pixels below that line).

Spoiler

268946537_2022-06-1013_01_33-Window.png.84d4d88471e02cdb7400d01bb1025c9b.png

We need to shrink the thighs so that it once again smoothly meets the crotch.  Luckily this is easy in paint.net.  Select from just below (above?) the knees down to the edge.  Use "move pixels" and drag the edge back up to the straight line.

Spoiler

206448572_2022-06-1013_05_03-Window.png.bd018d5e36d33f5d29efee0acbce4485.png

Hide the UV map layer so you can evaluate your join.  You might need to adjust so that it's seemless.

Spoiler

492806427_2022-06-1013_05_31-Window.png.325eb17490580ea297664bcaef28b57a.png

Now let's extend the calves so that it gets all the way to the boots.  Select above (below??) the knees to the edge.

Spoiler

1896096668_2022-06-1013_05_51-Window.png.faad90c610a6de6a19dc18fc27949907.png

Using Move Pixels, drag the top until the entire map is covered.  Don't worry about covering the lace above, we're only using this texture on index buffer 85350212 and you can see from the map this buffer isn't the one that draws that lace.

Spoiler

825619081_2022-06-1013_06_00-Window.png.19d363173689cd107f197ca39cb26342.png

Ok, you could just stop here if you wanted to use white panties, but for the sake of this tutorial let's change the color too.  (BTW I almost always do this, helps hide the fact that I'm blatantly stealing the same texture over and over again haha)

(to be continued in the next post)

Edited by amorrow28

Step 3: Color change

Ok, let's change the color of the panties.  First, duplicate the bottom transplanted layer (the one with the panties, not the one with the corrected knees).  Drag it up to just below the UV map.  Select the panties.  Use the lasso tool, it works better than the magic wand.  Select part, and then select more.  (Hold Ctrl while selecting to add to the selection, and Alt while selecting to subtract from the selection.)

Spoiler

1930255846_2022-06-1013_11_14-Window.png.98ff8387d5bf7d45cf8f2799cd13a889.png

Invert the selection (Edit Menu -> Invert Selection, or Ctrl-I) and then delete everything except the panties (Edit Menu -> Erase Selection, or Del key).  Now you have the panties in their own layer.  (Consider duplicating this layer so you have a backup!)  Sorry for the crap screenshot.

Spoiler

95344247_2022-06-1013_11_50-Window.png.b41251103deadd2e2124fe2fa70cf5b3.png

Let's pick a color.  Often I use an accessory (you could use eye color!) but I've already done teal in my mod, so I'm going to use her hair color this time.  Use color picture (press K) then click on the color you want.  You could use a screenshot of the game, but for better color accuracy I opened up her hair texture file.

Spoiler

592170283_2022-06-1013_13_28-Window.png.0f41bc5496c58482e5451b1d5b2208b6.png

Let's shade.  Switch back to your workfile, and select the Recolor tool (press R).  Set the brush width to something gigantic, and tolerance to 100%.

Spoiler

729163621_2022-06-1013_14_33-Window.png.9a5e808f9d180f11c242e10a446fa701.png

Paint on the new color by clicking and dragging.  Where you start matters - it takes the first pixel as the target shade, so if you pick a light area then the end result will be darker and vice versa.  Here I just clicked without dragging to show you what will happen.  Hmm, I think the shade is too dark.

Spoiler

453938668_2022-06-1013_14_44-Window.png.ce473420a1ef724b9216fc6634bdd4bb.png

2088331296_2022-06-1013_15_04-Window.png.7cb381481f0a3c75ae646f08b49b095b.png

Let's adjust the color.  Open the color palette if it's not open (F8), then extend it (press "More") so you see RGB and HSV values.  (HSV = hue, saturation and brightness).  I have the best luck by leaving H alone and adjusting S and V.  Here I'm leaving H at 278 and S at 15, while changing V from 54 to 77.

Spoiler

1320660891_2022-06-1013_14_06-Window.png.9bd3b5c89d9ff0d88f95272acd56d06c.png

Yes, I like this more.

Spoiler

1310536782_2022-06-1013_15_33-Window.png.db08edee1bb16421ea29d1f2d74463e9.png

Paint over the entire thing.

Spoiler

1152523016_2022-06-1013_15_54-Window.png.4284156e2ac6582268fc042fa8b29f3b.png

Save your work! (as a PDN file)

Ok, now save as a DDS file.  CS3/CS4/Hajimari supports BC7 compression with mipmaps, so use that for best quality.  Paint.NET defaults to BC1, which looks like crap.  Just copy my settings below.

Spoiler

393572023_2022-06-1013_16_49-Window.png.3577768bc67b9a312dfb7641ce2518aa.png

Step 4: Injecting the texture into the game

First, you need the index buffer (IB) hash (you got that in step 1) and its associated pixel shader (PS).  In step 1, I opened mesh #93.  Looking in the frame dump output folder, I can see what the IB and PS hashes are.

Spoiler

145262361_2022-06-1013_20_39-Window.png.4109d939156821cd0250ad42a8f166d0.png

For this next part, make sure you can see file extensions.  At the top of windows file explorer, go to View and check file name extensions.

Spoiler

1334660478_2022-06-1015_37_56-Window.png.eaf259510c9f8be604f444224f2e1dcc.png

Create a new folder inside {CS4}/bin/Win64/Mods and put your .dds texture file in the new folder.  Create a new .ini file.  Right click, new -> new text document.  Rename it.

Spoiler

1608848735_2022-06-1013_18_42-.png.236d1a319f5ad9794f9c35a9f27f4230.png

Make sure it ends in .ini!

Spoiler

1090733704_2022-06-1013_18_58-Window.png.0af87ce332e877fc90a85cdcceef6ff2.png

Open the document in notepad or equivalent.  You need at a minimum two sections.  The first is the resource section, and maps your new .dds file to an object name that 3DMigoto can work with.  The second identifies the IB hash, and when the game loads that resource, 3DMigoto replaces the asset with your custom one.  (The pixel shader must also be flagged, but if you're using my mod, it will already be flagged.  If the changes doesn't show up in game, add the third section.  You can see in my screenshot the third section is there but disabled using semicolons.)

Spoiler

1632946291_2022-06-1013_22_16-Window.png.ecdc7ed159383ba94f2a0c25c49034de.png

Now load up the game and see how it looks!  (If you're already in game, press F10 to reload all the mods.)

Spoiler

2111146966_2022-06-1013_27_17-TheLegendofHeroes-TrailsofColdSteelIV_SteamEnabled_GoGInited.png.5f4e7cc3fbf7ad217989c81bac762b90.png

Note: If you're using my mod, it already overrides hash 85350212.  Go into Mods/UnSkirtMod/Elise/Elise.ini and delete the entire 4-line bottom section called [TextureOverride_EliseTights].

Congrats on making it to the end!  This was a long one, but hopefully you now have the confidence to do some texture work.  As always, if you like what you make, I hope you share with us.

Edited by amorrow28
18 hours ago, Ayking said:

Ok, this is what I meant by painting over literally with nude color:

Spoiler

Original modded texture by me:

Elie.png.b3d2caf1488ad092fbb0f55cf7e2ba65.png

Literally obliterating the texture with flat paint:

ElieTightsDelete.png.072cc6985ab1a1fe75ff732b1e4da987.png

The result, as you can see, is pretty lacking in definition:

Spoiler

elie_texturedelete.png.85e2b8d797a2ea5b9786f2c13b4443c0.png

Here's a closeup, honestly the backside isn't bad:

1696746114_2022-06-1021_52_39-TheLegendofHeroes-TrailsofColdSteelIV_SteamEnabled_GoGInited.png.41302b97466769d6562a157d0c09ed38.png

If this is enough to make you happy, I say go for it.  Follow my texture tutorial above, but instead of doing all that fancy stuff, literally paste in a flat rectangle.  Once you get the hang of it, you could probably do each character in maybe 5 minutes.  Here's the Elie one I just did.

ElieTightsDelete.dds

On 6/5/2022 at 7:24 AM, SirDoge said:

Don't know if this is the right place to ask,but any thoughts on making something similar for Tokyo Xanadu Ex ? It seems to be using the same engine as the Trails games,also features the obligatory japanese bathhouse scene.

Ok, I bit.  I was withdrawing from CS4, and started reading reviews, and then I saw that it's 80% off at GOG, and so I couldn't help myself. I deleted all the skirts.

1 hour ago, amorrow28 said:

Ok, I bit.  I was withdrawing from CS4, and started reading reviews, and then I saw that it's 80% off at GOG, and so I couldn't help myself. I deleted all the skirts.

Nice,thanks man.There's also a swimsuit scene,at least I've encountered only one so far,if you wanna look at that.

On 6/7/2022 at 5:03 AM, Switch608 said:

Well, let me explain why I want to unpack and pack the phrye files.
Not for NS, of course, I'm only interested in PC game mods.
My purpose is mainly to get the skeleton.
Because using 3dmigoto I can only get the meshs and textures, not other things, especially the skeleton (maybe there is a way to get it, I don't know). 
With the skeleton I can adjust the weights,so that the model does not deform when doing various actions.
But so far it looks fine, even without adjusting the weights there is no big deformation.

I'm just interested in trying to see if I can get it.
I tried the links you provided and those tools can't get the skeleton. 
It seems like you said, I have to research phrye engine. 
So I've decided to give up and thanks for the help you provided. ?

Hey, I found a tool to convert the pkg file to gITF format (.glb), directly importable into blender.

https://github.com/uyjulian/ed8pkg2glb/blob/main/src/ed8pkg2glb.py (by the legendary uyjulian)

Spoiler

365426955_2022-06-1414_43_54-.thumb.png.ef0d48b457bb6c84c968c09b1869f4bb.png

I honestly have no idea what I'm looking at, there's so much going on here.  But I see that there are 133 bones!  Is that the skeleton you were looking for?

Edited by amorrow28

Ladies (?) and gentlemen, after a bit of trouble I present to you: Trails of Cold Screens IV -THE END OF SAGA-. A 300+ image long action-PACKED, degeneracy-FILLED, ASS&TIDDIES EXTRAVAGANZA featuring your favorite Kiseki waifus in crispy 720p. This album contains spoilers for both Act 2 and Endgame BUT they are hidden away behind multiple folders, so if you haven't beaten the game just don't open them and you'll be fine, otherwise feel free to put everything into the same folder.

Renne5.png.91f44d5a15132f1aa0ef2fd17bce2109.png
Elise8.png.020015a5f77d41c4d1380afcc9d0d04c.png
Musse5.png.6565e9a76e00b4a88092c36d31fef012.png
Emma4.png.bfd9b712222dd1a59250affaeb9543ce.png

Enjoy, and comment your favorite screenshot if you feel like it!

---------->CScreens4.rar<---------- 
(this fucking box keeps turning small no matter what I do, I'm so sick of it :bawling:)

Additional fluff:

Spoiler

This took a while to get done because last week my laptop wouldn't stop blue screening. The only solution available at the time was to restore to a point far earlier than the day I started taking the screenshots, meaning I had to sacrifice 70+ images, among other things. That was very... frustrating to say the least. Taking screens isn't hard, but it is time consuming, and this made my motivation go way down. Still, I really wanted to have a definitive show of appreciation to the community so I just said fuck it, re-took the screens and added a couple hundred more on top of them. In my darkest hour I rose up to face the light once more, just like Rean... The Mean Bean Cold Steel Machine... 

A few more things: I wanted to showcase the Fairy Springs more, but sadly Rose has the only character model capable of grabbing huge badonkodonkas. I could've just replaced Juna with other well-endowed characters, but I prefer to have fitting combinations for this type of scene like Shirley+Elie/Duvie or Angelica+Alisa. The other thing is the concert; replacing Sully with certain characters/outfits makes the game crash (this doesn't happen with Schera for some reason), so I ended up showcasing only two characters. It's a bit of shame considering that scene is perfect to display some nice buttocks, but if the game didn't limit me I would just get stuck working on this forever because of how long that scene is, so maybe it's for the best that it didn't work out lmao.

Anyway, with all that being said I want to once again express my gratitude to everyone who contributed to make these already awesome games even greater.

@S_S_Majin @Switch608 @coomi @Zero_Fucks_Given @amorrow28 and lots more, thank you! You guys rock!

Edited by Whayameen

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So worth the wait!  Thank you for not giving up, @Whayameen?

First, I was like, wait, when did this happen?!  Then I realized what you did, and I realized all the work that went into asset injection has paid off.  ?

Spoiler

1762713830_BestFriends1.png.71bc184d6f3fb794f0302505a0b57170.png

Ok, I was not ready for this to happen (way more dramatic clicking through in slideshow than scrolling, I must say.

Spoiler

Elise6.png.ac060fd144717cacf46f25fb46fdb544.png

Elise7.png.451ccace5c97f463080423ded56c75d2.png

I was dying here!  Where did you get the font??

Spoiler

Emma4.png.7ff620db4acaca4630cae43f8c8f698b.png

Sometimes, it's not the picture, it's the filename.  ?

Spoiler

Filename: F(l)at Ass Gang1.png

1704401950_F(l)atAssGang1.png.a6d7f4bff1039da7f68fd51e50fba346.png

I still don't know how you managed to pull this one off.

Spoiler

1463168664_MatchingColors1.png.a6f2360b0fd8e5929c1bd81f11fa9a9a.png

I didn't know I needed this, but I did.

Spoiler

1135719226_PetitebutDeadly1.png.922da83b0680fd52a6a7521250f04fc5.png

1. So happy 2. Hmm I should fix that texture

Spoiler

1459059240_Kloe9(nofanservicehereIjustthoughtshelookedcute).png.c75df404feb7bd789cb8088af82e93b1.png

[FROM THE ENDGAME SPOILERS FOLDER] Ok, 1. I had wondered if anyone would actually find this skirt delete... and 2. This whole series (the minigames!!) was the most hilarious thing I've ever seen.

Spoiler

350418138_-THEGRANDMASTER-4.png.e725954b6fada52b473b0d120a39f504.png

Legendary work, my friend.  LEGENDARY!

On 5/18/2022 at 1:15 PM, amorrow28 said:

Index of my CS4 tutorials and where to find my mod:

Reveal hidden contents

My first post linking to Fairy Tail mod video and how I adapted for CS4:
https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/?do=findComment&comment=3730952
How to edit existing mods (and how to setup Blender):
{that's this post}
How to get a model into Blender (basic modding part 1):
https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/?do=findComment&comment=3767886
How to get a mod back into the game (basic modding part 2):
https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/?do=findComment&comment=3771501
How to work with textures in CS4:
https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/?do=findComment&comment=3779614

If you don't care about tutorials and just want the mod I made, here it is:
https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/?do=findComment&comment=3775051

Info on how to use the nude mods with my mod here:
https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/?do=findComment&comment=3768730

Tutorial time!  (I'm bored)  Let's make Juna's breasts bigger in @Switch608's mod.

before_after.png.ff844880ccb2a5b0b2a5c286bcb9916d.png

For reference, making this mod this took me about 5-10 minutes.  It took me WAY longer to write the damn tutorial.  Also, I know it doesn't look very good - I just did it to prove to myself that I could.  I know you can do better.  ?

Ok!

1. Open Blender.
2. Import Juna.ib/Juna.vb (File -> Import -> 3Dmigoto Raw Buffers)

Reveal hidden contents

156500341_2022-05-1720_34_55-Window.png.f432f3897db79952d212d55b983d3cda.png

3. Click on the mesh, and go to edit mode. Change to Face Select.  Zoom in (mouse scroll wheel).

Reveal hidden contents

207844873_2022-05-1720_49_55-Window.png.09daf3b3e5795820077c9e232bed8eef.png

2063928853_2022-05-1720_51_06-Window.png.a007ae650603ea84467c745ee20d36f3.png

4. Select breasts (easiest way is to use the circle select tool, then you can paint over the triangles you intend to modify).  Left click (hold+drag) to select, middle click to deselect.  Be sure to look at your selection from multiple angles before moving on to the next step, it's easy to miss random triangles as you paint!

Reveal hidden contents

1241448169_2022-05-1720_50_06-Window.png.2ca4d350e8e5a62b0172ed5797bdc0d0.png

Reveal hidden contents

116792689_2022-05-1720_20_10-Window.png.17b72eb2e689fc2318f958c671c48bef.png

5a. In Juna's model, not all the edges are joined, we will need to fix that first.  Select one layer further out than you need (basically paint more of the breast than you need).

Reveal hidden contents

select.png.9fb3020d010522f750953aad0bc403be.png

5b. Merge by distance (this removes any hidden edges where two triangles are touching but not joined together).

Reveal hidden contents

310512237_2022-05-1720_25_29-Window.png.915da0c99ae74a945128b35b62e469eb.png

5c. Now use the "select less" function to shrink your selection (see why we selected more than we needed in 5a?).

Reveal hidden contents

549489552_2022-05-1720_25_49-Window.png.55759ca4dbe026c26fa8243b98e4dd66.png

6. Now you can make things bigger.  Use the shrink/fatten transform (Alt-S).  Move the mouse up and down, and your model will get bigger or smaller.

Reveal hidden contents

1310335553_2022-05-1720_27_07-Window.png.2cbc27d019f67f99ce197a9a38fe537f.png

7a. Now we need to move the bigger boobs into place!  Use the transform tool.

Reveal hidden contents

774773147_2022-05-1720_27_30-Window.png.823df65575fdf2c0012f10e3becb7095.png

7b. Grab the inner white circle and tug downward and outward.

Reveal hidden contents

1391315107_2022-05-1720_27_51-Window.png.1a7ffacfd424c90e350ced7044f65bbc.png

7c. Be sure to examine from all angles, if you were tugging while at a funny angle, you might have pulled to the left, or the right...

Reveal hidden contents

451620279_2022-05-1720_28_15-Window.png.25a479042eb991510eba40f94e45daec.png

8. Time to export your work!  Save as "Juna" (to make your life easier, keep the same name as Switch608 used).

Reveal hidden contents

2013203777_2022-05-1720_28_28-Window.png.68e3884afda73f7eeb1ef97316f1cb7f.png

9. Go to the folder where you saved your file, and copy the .ini file from Switch608.  Do this FIRST!  Then copy in my vb_split.py script, and run it.  If it finds a matching .ini file, it will NOT auto-generate one.  (We don't want to write our own, we want to re-use the existing one.)

Reveal hidden contents

1058204283_2022-05-1721_32_59-Window.png.fdda035f1af6b9933b0abd5ff33d1d8b.png

10. Switch608's mods use a different filename convention from my scripts.  Edit the .ini file and change the filenames inside the .ini file.  (Yes, you could just rename the files themselves, but then you'd have to rename them every time you run the splitter.  And you'll probably run it quite a few times as you make small changes in Blender!)

Reveal hidden contents

270502074_2022-05-1721_39_28-Window.png.5f7f286a7ef3828ffb738a52287ab4d7.png

11. Copy the file into your Mods folder, and load up the game!
12. Admire your work, and then go back into Blender to adjust as needed.  (You might want to shrink the nipples back down, for example.)  Don't forget to run "vb_split.py" every time you export from Blender.

Hopefully this inspires someone to do some modding!  Don't ask me to do it for you, I won't.  The whole point is to teach you to fish!  I hope you try it, and if you like the results, I hope you share your work with all of us.

Thanks to @amorrow28, @Switch608, @coomi for great work and tutorials

I love CS4 so much that after seeing so many girls in short skirts, I decided to play the game again to experience every great shot.

I read the tutorial brought by amorrow28 seriously 3 times. I thought there were already a lot of skirts that could be removed. Once I had a chance, I thought that since the skirts could not be removed, is it feasible to remove the clothes, so I started various attempts.

Girls who made improvements in my first batch included Juna, Larua, Aurelia, Musse, Sara, Alisa, Emma.

Improvements include less fabric, bigger butt, and more thongs, I love thongs so much

One of my favorites was Emma's magical look, I tried a number of options and finally settled on having her with the least amount of fabric, while also modifying her braids to be less long and not obstructing my view.

Finally, thanks again for the modification tutorial brought by @amorrow28, I wish every enjoy game.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

7.png

6.png

8.png

4 hours ago, lakovic said:

Thanks to @amorrow28, @Switch608, @coomi for great work and tutorials

I love CS4 so much that after seeing so many girls in short skirts, I decided to play the game again to experience every great shot.

I read the tutorial brought by amorrow28 seriously 3 times. I thought there were already a lot of skirts that could be removed. Once I had a chance, I thought that since the skirts could not be removed, is it feasible to remove the clothes, so I started various attempts.

Girls who made improvements in my first batch included Juna, Larua, Aurelia, Musse, Sara, Alisa, Emma.

Improvements include less fabric, bigger butt, and more thongs, I love thongs so much

One of my favorites was Emma's magical look, I tried a number of options and finally settled on having her with the least amount of fabric, while also modifying her braids to be less long and not obstructing my view.

Finally, thanks again for the modification tutorial brought by @amorrow28, I wish every enjoy game.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

7.png

6.png

8.png

Great contribution, thank you!  I love it when people use my instructions and tools to make something that makes me wonder - how did they do it?  (similar shoutout to @coomi - clearly you knew more than what I described in my tutorial!)