Trails of Cold Steel 4 (Mod Request)

Absolutely. It was really disappointing to see a game with so many great girls get almost nothing in the last game. I really hope this one takes off..

Probably obvious enough, but you can do some simple clothing removal with 3DMigoto. Not a lot is modeled under the clothes though. But you can get some results here and there. In the example picture, I removed the sheer black cloth in the diamonds.

ed8_4_PC 2021-04-11 22-00-02.png

Almost every girl has a swimsuit, but obviously nothing is modeled under it. So actual modeling work is needed. Example below.

1498344534_ed8_4_PC2021-04-1122-09-11.thumb.png.c2027ca249280730341fe76c5ab8cb5c.png

As a bonus there is actually a fully nude male and female model in the game, but its covered in markings. The markings don't seem to be a layer you can remove either as 3DMigoto picks up the entire body at once, including the markings. Hiding it just hides the whole body.

373029999_ed8_4_PC2021-04-1122-12-53.thumb.png.7abb5b4ebeffbde7e7b014a297a20f6d.png

On 4/10/2021 at 3:21 PM, NumberXer0 said:

Absolutely. It was really disappointing to see a game with so many great girls get almost nothing in the last game. I really hope this one takes off..

Probably obvious enough, but you can do some simple clothing removal with 3DMigoto. Not a lot is modeled under the clothes though. But you can get some results here and there. In the example picture, I removed the sheer black cloth in the diamonds.

ed8_4_PC 2021-04-11 22-00-02.png

Almost every girl has a swimsuit, but obviously nothing is modeled under it. So actual modeling work is needed. Example below.

1498344534_ed8_4_PC2021-04-1122-09-11.thumb.png.c2027ca249280730341fe76c5ab8cb5c.png

As a bonus there is actually a fully nude male and female model in the game, but its covered in markings. The markings don't seem to be a layer you can remove either as 3DMigoto picks up the entire body at once, including the markings. Hiding it just hides the whole body.

373029999_ed8_4_PC2021-04-1122-12-53.thumb.png.7abb5b4ebeffbde7e7b014a297a20f6d.png

nice!. Though can you share these if its possible? With instructions on how to use them and on which characters?

20 hours ago, Raino25 said:

Emma can be stripped naked with the Trails of Cold Steel 3 chr025_c00 texture.

20210415004807_1.jpg

20210415005208_1.jpg

can you give more details on how you did this?

Where is this file stored and what does it replace and how to replace it?
I would really appreciate if you can share the modded file

Edit: Based on your sentence, I tried replacing the CS4 chr025_c00.inf file with the CS3 one but it didnt do anything

12 hours ago, tigers said:

can you give more details on how you did this?

Where is this file stored and what does it replace and how to replace it?
I would really appreciate if you can share the modded file

Edit: Based on your sentence, I tried replacing the CS4 chr025_c00.inf file with the CS3 one but it didnt do anything

This is mods of Emma. Please use Special K. And Use the Emma's Astral Form.
But since I just copied the texture, I need to make some good edits.
20210416001606_1.thumb.jpg.e02c660f0db26fba8fc5d8083b008e6b.jpg

Emma.7z

The best luck I had was changing the ini files for the costumes the same way as in CS3 (changing SpringJointDamper to makes bits of clothing fly off).  However the new DLC costumes don't have ini files, and manually creating them doesn't seem to work.

Did anyone figure out how to make transparent textures not just show up as solid white on most models?

10 hours ago, JEFF_X said:

The best luck I had was changing the ini files for the costumes the same way as in CS3 (changing SpringJointDamper to makes bits of clothing fly off).  However the new DLC costumes don't have ini files, and manually creating them doesn't seem to work.

Did anyone figure out how to make transparent textures not just show up as solid white on most models?

The DLC costumes ini files is in data/dlc/chr/chr 

Yes you can make the models hide some parts, but they still can show when you move the character...because they only feedback the settings of the texture action, rather than changing the original texture.

10 minutes ago, 374146526 said:

The DLC costumes ini files is in data/dlc/chr/chr 

Yes you can make the models hide some parts, but they still can show when you move the character...because they only feedback the settings of the texture action, rather than changing the original texture.

Most of the parts disappear when I do it. Occasionally they show again between scene changes, but vanish quickly. Unfortunately with half the models they also take whole limbs with them, or expose hollow areas around the stomach.

My dlc folder definitely doesn't have the chr folder like it did in CS3, but that's maybe because I'm using the GOG version instead of Steam.

12 hours ago, bigglebojiggle said:

Looks cool, but I have no idea how to install it. Also, does anyone know how to unlock the TOCS 1,2,3 extras? Apparently I forgot my saves when I built my new pc, so I didn't get any of the extras from having clear data from those games when starting

I found these saves. Not sure if they work.

The Legend of Heroes - Trails of Cold Steel IV - CS1 Complete Save.rar The Legend of Heroes - Trails of Cold Steel IV - CS2 Complete Save.rar The Legend of Heroes - Trails of Cold Steel IV - CS3 Complete Save.rar

On 4/17/2021 at 10:34 AM, JEFF_X said:

However the new DLC costumes don't have ini files, and manually creating them doesn't seem to work.

I worked this minor problem out now, the correct folder structure includes another subfolder for the specific costume this time. For example the inf for Alisa's swimsuit costume should be created in \data\dlc\chr\chr\chr001_c65\chr001_c65.inf.

9 hours ago, JEFF_X said:

I worked this minor problem out now, the correct folder structure includes another subfolder for the specific costume this time. For example the inf for Alisa's swimsuit costume should be created in \data\dlc\chr\chr\chr001_c65\chr001_c65.inf.

is there an easy way to know wich folder is for wich character? I tried using google translate on the japanese text there, but it didn't tell me much

Bathing Clothes See-Through Mod
(The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel III & IV)

This mod uses "3Dfix-DOAX-VenusVacation-2.3". (included)

Updated version v1.1

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/?do=findComment&comment=3481152

Updated version v1.0

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/?do=findComment&comment=3400121

Bathing Clothes See-Through Mod.7z

III.JPG.62c754e9e89d6978b3f874a2df1bf957.JPG

IV.JPG.1a0b337339195e9ac25fc7e102d5a5ed.JPG

Edited by S_S_Majin
11 hours ago, masterbanjo said:

is there an easy way to know wich folder is for wich character? I tried using google translate on the japanese text there, but it didn't tell me much

Somebody posted a list before for CS3, which are mostly the same. I've reattached it here. As it says, it is sourced from data\text\dat\t_name.tbl

This tiny mod for the Duvalie schoolgirl outfit (data\dlc\chr\chr\chr035_c64\chr035_c64.inf) shows the problem with trying to change the inf. The front piece removes fine to show the underwear included in the model, but the back piece reveals a hollow part of the lower back of the model. Removing the side pieces causes other parts of the model to also fly off. Also you need to extract the .dae.phyre from the .pkg to find the names of all the parts for the model if they are not already listed in the inf.

The best bet seems to be if someone has a tool to make the .dae.phyre moddable in blender and then get it back into .phyre for reintegration. I noticed from Process Monitor that the game checks for some extra pkg files which aren't there, so it may be possible to change files without having to touch the single 19gb assets file..

Capture.PNG

cs3 models.txt chr035_c64.inf