Trails of Cold Steel 4 (Mod Request)

Vita.png.57330d6ca768588462e0e9011c5056ff.png

Here is a big mod, removing skirts for many characters, playable and (as you can see above) non-playable (unless she is, don't spoil it for me, I'm not done playing the game haha).

This mod is also available in .pkg format!  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/?do=findComment&comment=4026587

VERSION 1.3: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/?do=findComment&comment=3773380

VERSION 1.2: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/?do=findComment&comment=3751070

VERSION 1.1:  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/?do=findComment&comment=3739498

CS4_UnSkirtMod_with_3Dmigoto_1_3_16.7z - v1.0 (OBSOLETE)

Press F1 for help, press F2 to turn mods on and off.

Due to the need to update the 3Dmigoto configuration for model (mesh) injection, I included 3Dmigoto (v1.3.16).  I don't have it configured for 3D (I don't have a compatible setup).  I turned off the screenshot override function, and tried to prevent any issues with controllers (complaints from earlier in this thread).  It *should* be compatible with mods from @S_S_Majin and @Teosz, but they will not function as is.  S_S_Majin (nude towels mod), copy the "Textures" folder from his mod into the "Mods" folder, and then overwrite the ini files with ones provided by me. For Teosz, install his mods first, then overwrite with my setup (sorry not tested).  If you are installing this setup, I advise deleting the "ShaderFixes" folder before installing (or better yet run the "uninstall.bat" file before installing, it won't delete any mods, just custom shaders).  This collection includes my Alisa mod from earlier.

My CS3 backport:

My Hajimari no Kiseki forward port:

Enjoy!

Edited by amorrow28
21 hours ago, amorrow28 said:

Vita.png.57330d6ca768588462e0e9011c5056ff.png

Here is a big mod, removing skirts for many characters, playable and (as you can see above) non-playable (unless she is, don't spoil it for me, I'm not done playing the game haha).

CS4_UnSkirtMod_with_3Dmigoto_1_3_16.7z 11.98 MB · 45 downloads

Due to the need to update the 3Dmigoto configuration for model (mesh) injection, I included 3Dmigoto (v1.3.16).  I don't have it configured for 3D (I don't have a compatible setup).  I turned off the screenshot override function, and tried to prevent any issues with controllers (complaints from earlier in this thread).  It *should* be compatible with mods from @S_S_Majin and @Teosz, but they will not function as is.  S_S_Majin (nude towels mod), copy the "Textures" folder from his mod into the "Mods" folder, and then overwrite the ini files with ones provided by me. For Teosz, install his mods first, then overwrite with my setup (sorry not tested).  If you are installing this setup, I advise deleting the "ShaderFixes" folder before installing (or better yet run the "uninstall.bat" file before installing, it won't delete any mods, just custom shaders).  This collection includes my Alisa mod from earlier.

Enjoy!

Wow! thank you so much m8!! these pantsu mods are fuking amazing!! :D wasn't sure if you would do any other mods for anyone else since you mentioned before that you most likely wouldn't, but I would just like to ask if its possible at all, and this is, if you think you might be able too give Rixia the same treatment? that is if you get Hajimari No Kiseki in the future. She literately has her ass out and only a piece of cloth is in the way. That cloth needs too be removed no matter what it takes I mean just look at that cake behind that cloth omg...underrated ass af!!!!

1380759102_THELEGENDOFHEROESHAJIMARINOKISEKIScreenshot2022_04.06-12_11_52_51.png.4313b86fa917d6c6c224c4929f628fcf.png

3 hours ago, ludger166 said:

Wow! thank you so much m8!! these pantsu mods are fuking amazing!! :D wasn't sure if you would do any other mods for anyone else since you mentioned before that you most likely wouldn't, but I would just like to ask if its possible at all, and this is, if you think you might be able too give Rixia the same treatment? that is if you get Hajimari No Kiseki in the future. She literately has her ass out and only a piece of cloth is in the way. That cloth needs too be removed no matter what it takes I mean just look at that cake behind that cloth omg...underrated ass af!!!!

EDIT: Thank you for the compliment!  ?

In regards to Hajimari, perhaps when it comes out?  I'll probably wait for a steam sale too.  If you have it now, just watch the video I referenced and have at it!  It's a little bewildering at first, but then it takes maybe 15 minutes once you know the steps.

Edited by amorrow28
On 4/25/2022 at 10:58 AM, amorrow28 said:

In regards to Hajimari, perhaps when it comes out?  I'll probably wait for a steam sale too.  If you have it now, just watch the video I referenced and have at it!  It's a little bewildering at first, but then it takes maybe 15 minutes once you know the steps.

New to LL and already contributing like a boss, amorrow28. I now have a new motivation to start where I left off again.

And to answer your question regarding if anyone still care about the game, it's always a solid YES. We kiseki fans are only half way through the series and not faltering anytime soon. I hope you continue your holy work in modding the games as are most probably going to be compatible in the future games.

On 4/24/2022 at 11:54 AM, amorrow28 said:

Enjoy!

Thanks! Still on CS3 right now and will use it soon

Thank you for the encouragement!

Here's an update to my skirt removal mod.  This adds (removes?) a few more skirts, and more importantly I've restructured the pixel shader overrides to substantially reduce duplicate calls (I think there was one shader I called 29 times!).  I didn't properly benchmark, but it does seem to reduce FPS loss a bit.  (The original mod had a 2fps hit, the new version has a 1fps hit on my system, YMMV.)  Enjoy!

This mod is also available in .pkg format!  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/?do=findComment&comment=4026587

VERSION 1.3: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/?do=findComment&comment=3773380

VERSION 1.2: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/?do=findComment&comment=3751070

CS4_UnSkirtMod_v1.1_with_3Dmigoto_1_3_16.7z - OBSOLETE

Oh, and @pichucandy and everyone else on CS3, I've backported my mod: 

Edited by amorrow28
21 hours ago, amorrow28 said:

Here's an update to my skirt removal mod.  This adds (removes?) a few more skirts, and more importantly I've restructured the pixel shader overrides to substantially reduce duplicate calls (I think there was one shader I called 29 times!).  I didn't properly benchmark, but it does seem to reduce FPS loss a bit.  (The original mod had a 2fps hit, the new version has a 1fps hit on my system, YMMV.)  Enjoy!

Damn thanks!

On 4/29/2022 at 1:02 AM, amorrow28 said:

CS4_UnSkirtMod_v1.1_with_3Dmigoto_1_3_16.7z 15.77 MB · 36 downloads

Ok I'm confused now.  I had your 1.0 version of the mod working fine, then I went to update to 1.1 and it stopped working.  So I tried to revert back to 1.0, and that one's no longer working either.  I've tried both overwriting the files with the update and using the uninstall.bat but I still can't get either version to work anymore.  For whatever reason, 3dMigoto isn't loading now.

Edited by Demontom
14 hours ago, Demontom said:

Ok I'm confused now.  I had your 1.0 version of the mod working fine, then I went to update to 1.1 and it stopped working.  So I tried to revert back to 1.0, and that one's no longer working either.  I've tried both overwriting the files with the update and using the uninstall.bat but I still can't get either version to work anymore.  For whatever reason, 3dMigoto isn't loading now.

Hmm, I’m not sure.  I tested the 1.1 version a few times before uploading it…

First try resetting the settings (ctrl alt F10). Press F1 to see if 3Dmigoto is loading properly, you should see my help menu. If that shows up, press F2 to turn the mod on and off and see if that fixes it.

If that doesn’t work, I would start from scratch. Run the uninstall.bat file that comes with the mod (either version) which will remove 3Dmigoto, then delete the entire “Mods” folder (back it up especially if you have other mods).

Run CS4 and make  sure 3Dmigoto is gone. Press F12, nothing should happen. (If my config of 3Dmigoto is still present, the game will enter hunting mode.)

Once you’re sure the mod is fully uninstalled, try installing just my mod alone. After installing, run the game and press Ctrl-Alt-F10 to reset the mod and clear any weird settings. Then again, verify it’s loaded by pressing F1 for the help text and F2 to enable / disable the mod.

Lemme know how it goes. If this doesn’t work, share as many details as you can and I’ll try to help troubleshoot.

On 4/28/2022 at 11:02 PM, amorrow28 said:

CS4_UnSkirtMod_v1.1_with_3Dmigoto_1_3_16.7z 15.77 MB · 46 downloads

does this work with hajimari

38 minutes ago, dafalln1 said:

does this work with hajimari

Probably, but it will need all the pixel shader hashes updated. This assumes too that the models haven’t been changed (there were definitely a few models that changed from CS3 to CS4 that made backporting a nightmare).

The game doesn’t come out until next year anyway. Since the game will probably be recompiled during translation, any work we do now will probably not be useful for later.

If you are playing it in Japanese and want to port it now, go for it! Download the v1.0 version of my mod and install it to your Hajimari folder. Go to the debug room, turn on hunting mode, and dump all the models. In the mods folder, open each .ini file and find the texture hash. Search the file names in dump folder, which are named something like 000xxx-ib=xxxxx,vs=xxxxx,ps=xxxxx. The ib number is the texture hash, change the shader hash to the ps=xxxxx number. Should take 2-3 min per hash. (My mod is over a hundred models, so you’re still looking at ~2-3 hours of work… but nowhere near how long it took me to actually hunt down, dump and edit 100+ models.)

I should warn you the debug room will probably be full of spoilers. My CS4 mod isn’t complete yet because I’m not willing to use the debug room as I haven’t beaten the game. So don’t ask me to do this, I won’t until I get a chance to play the game myself next year.

If you port my mod, please do share it! And if it’s too much, you could ask in the Hajimari thread, I’m sure someone would be willing to try, and I’ll try to answer questions as long as there are no spoilers involved.

1 hour ago, amorrow28 said:

Probably, but it will need all the pixel shader hashes updated. This assumes too that the models haven’t been changed (there were definitely a few models that changed from CS3 to CS4 that made backporting a nightmare).

The game doesn’t come out until next year anyway. Since the game will probably be recompiled during translation, any work we do now will probably not be useful for later.

If you are playing it in Japanese and want to port it now, go for it! Download the v1.0 version of my mod and install it to your Hajimari folder. Go to the debug room, turn on hunting mode, and dump all the models. In the mods folder, open each .ini file and find the texture hash. Search the file names in dump folder, which are named something like 000xxx-ib=xxxxx,vs=xxxxx,ps=xxxxx. The ib number is the texture hash, change the shader hash to the ps=xxxxx number. Should take 2-3 min per hash. (My mod is over a hundred models, so you’re still looking at ~2-3 hours of work… but nowhere near how long it took me to actually hunt down, dump and edit 100+ models.)

I should warn you the debug room will probably be full of spoilers. My CS4 mod isn’t complete yet because I’m not willing to use the debug room as I haven’t beaten the game. So don’t ask me to do this, I won’t until I get a chance to play the game myself next year.

If you port my mod, please do share it! And if it’s too much, you could ask in the Hajimari thread, I’m sure someone would be willing to try, and I’ll try to answer questions as long as there are no spoilers involved.

out of box works no edits needed that i saw a whole lot of messages but the mods work

3 hours ago, amorrow28 said:

Hmm, I’m not sure.  I tested the 1.1 version a few times before uploading it…

First try resetting the settings (ctrl alt F10). Press F1 to see if 3Dmigoto is loading properly, you should see my help menu. If that shows up, press F2 to turn the mod on and off and see if that fixes it.

If that doesn’t work, I would start from scratch. Run the uninstall.bat file that comes with the mod (either version) which will remove 3Dmigoto, then delete the entire “Mods” folder (back it up especially if you have other mods).

Run CS4 and make  sure 3Dmigoto is gone. Press F12, nothing should happen. (If my config of 3Dmigoto is still present, the game will enter hunting mode.)

Once you’re sure the mod is fully uninstalled, try installing just my mod alone. After installing, run the game and press Ctrl-Alt-F10 to reset the mod and clear any weird settings. Then again, verify it’s loaded by pressing F1 for the help text and F2 to enable / disable the mod.

Lemme know how it goes. If this doesn’t work, share as many details as you can and I’ll try to help troubleshoot.

I am genuinely confused.  All I can assume is that my computer was having some kind of weird hiccup because I just booted up and it's working again.  I had done all of the things in your post to no avail last night, even including a fresh install of the game.  So the only conclusion that I can come up with is that my computer was being weird as shit.  Though just for clarity, for whatever reason during this period, it wasn't reading 3Dmigoto.  Pressing F1 did nothing, I wasn't getting the "Press F1 for the help menu" message at the start, etc.  Now though, everything's working just fine, so... I dunno.  Thanks for responding, though.

2 hours ago, dafalln1 said:

i mod hajimari myself with 3dmigoto mostly my personal tastes kind of mods and yours just took all mine to the next level THANKS!

Holy crap, I can't believe it was that easy!

Ok, I can see there is demand for Rixia.  I'm still not willing to get the game early, but I'm willing to mod Rixia if you (or someone) are willing to do two things for me.

1. Please post how you successfully got the mod working in the Hajimari thread, with a link back to this thread.  (Link: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/?do=findComment&comment=3734745)

2. Provide with a frame dump and the relevant hash.

To do it:

A. Install MY configuration of 3Dmigoto (backup your current working d3dx.ini and replace with the one from my mod.  When you are done, delete my version and restore your working version).

B. Get Rixia in frame.  Please try to get a simple frame with minimal other things, it'll reduce the size of the dump, the screenshot ludger166 took above is ideal since there are no other 3d models in frame.

C. Press F12 to go into hunting mode, and before doing anything else, press F8 to frame dump.  Zip up the folder and attach that file to your reply in this thread.

frame_dump.png.124c86458288fb79923592583064917e.png

D. Now press NumberPad_7 and/or NumberPad_8 to cycle through all the index buffers.  Stop when her dress disappears.  Send me the 8 digit hexadecimal hash in the upper left corner.  (Pressing NumberPad_9 will copy it to clipboard)

hash_id.png.7accb3b25008c0a268d892050bf4c22d.png

See this youtube video on how to do it: https://youtu.be/z2nvJzkwHHQ?t=458

If you do the above, I'll do the mod.  I don't have the game, so you'll have to test the mod for me.  It might take more than one try.

On 4/25/2022 at 12:58 PM, amorrow28 said:

Yeah that's fine no worries at all! awesome that we have these kinds of mods for CS4 either way! and well I have used programs like Blender too make lewd stills the last 3 years but never for modding and I'm not really sure where I would need too start if I wanted too do similar mods like this, not too mention I'm usually on the run for my work that me keeps busy which is why I haven't made any lewd still in Blender in a long time. Thanks any ways tho and appreciate the mods developed so far! love em!! :)

You can find most of the lewd stills I did the last few years here lol: https://rule34.paheal.net/post/list/user=Cyberslueth166/1  

Edited by ludger166
typo
2 hours ago, Demontom said:

I am genuinely confused.  All I can assume is that my computer was having some kind of weird hiccup because I just booted up and it's working again.  I had done all of the things in your post to no avail last night, even including a fresh install of the game.  So the only conclusion that I can come up with is that my computer was being weird as shit.  Though just for clarity, for whatever reason during this period, it wasn't reading 3Dmigoto.  Pressing F1 did nothing, I wasn't getting the "Press F1 for the help menu" message at the start, etc.  Now though, everything's working just fine, so... I dunno.  Thanks for responding, though.

That’s so strange. I can only imagine DirectX 11 wasn’t properly loading 3Dmigoto, which is beyond my troubleshooting skills. I’m glad it worked out!

1 hour ago, amorrow28 said:

Holy crap, I can't believe it was that easy!

Ok, I can see there is demand for Rixia.  I'm still not willing to get the game early, but I'm willing to mod Rixia if you (or someone) are willing to do two things for me.

1. Please post how you successfully got the mod working in the Hajimari thread, with a link back to this thread.  (Link: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/?do=findComment&comment=3734745)

2. Provide with a frame dump and the relevant hash.

To do it:

A. Install MY configuration of 3Dmigoto (backup your current working d3dx.ini and replace with the one from my mod.  When you are done, delete my version and restore your working version).

B. Get Rixia in frame.  Please try to get a simple frame with minimal other things, it'll reduce the size of the dump, the screenshot ludger166 took above is ideal since there are no other 3d models in frame.

C. Press F12 to go into hunting mode, and before doing anything else, press F8 to frame dump.  Zip up the folder and attach that file to your reply in this thread.

frame_dump.png.124c86458288fb79923592583064917e.png

D. Now press NumberPad_7 and/or NumberPad_8 to cycle through all the index buffers.  Stop when her dress disappears.  Send me the 8 digit hexadecimal hash in the upper left corner.  (Pressing NumberPad_9 will copy it to clipboard)

hash_id.png.7accb3b25008c0a268d892050bf4c22d.png

See this youtube video on how to do it: https://youtu.be/z2nvJzkwHHQ?t=458

If you do the above, I'll do the mod.  I don't have the game, so you'll have to test the mod for me.  It might take more than one try.

e867006b

FrameAnalysis-2022-04-30-210454.zip

Wow, that was fast!  (also I love that 4 other people downloaded your frame dump, go fellow modders! - if you want to edit Rixia, she is index 46-49 or so in that dump.)

Rixia actually has a pretty complex model, so I did the best I could considering I can't see the model in-game.  (Normally I would edit, refresh, edit, refresh, etc until I'm happy.)  I cut the drape pretty short but one panel shy of the belt because that would leave a hole in the model.

I don't know what photo mode is, I assume it's something new to hajimari?  If this doesn't work, the pixel shaders may be wrong (costume menu and in-game have separate shaders for example).  I put two different versions; the models are the same but the shader code is different.  Please try v1 first, and *if* it doesn't work then try v2.  Report back, and I'll upload a final version with just the working code.

Rixia - EXPERIMENTAL - NOT FINAL.7z

If it looks good, post a screenshot!

Edited by amorrow28