How should I upload a gallery? Or should I refrain?

Question for the community here. I have a gallery of images that tells a story following one of my characters in Skyrim. They read like a comic, with an ongoing story persisting throughout them. It's something I've really just been doing for myself to test my capabilities in photoshop and taking pictures in Skyrim, but I thought It might be fun to share here.

So far it's up to seven "Chapters" with each chapter being about 50 pictures each, all in 2k 3440x1440 resolution. If I wanted to share them here, what would be the best method of doing that? Should I just make one giant forum post with several image links? Or would it be better to upload them in the downloads section as their own thing? Or would that be breaking the rules of the site?

Or should I not even bother? I understand wanting to keep this site mostly mod-specific related, and if sharing pictures and stories of exploits in my modded Skyrim is something you'd rather keep the site clean of, that makes sense too.

Yeah, a blog would be best, and with that many I would probably do one post per chapter, and depending on the site you're linking, put maybe 5 links inside a spoiler tag.  If you will just have links that someone has to click to see the pictures, that wouldn't need a spoiler, but trying to load more than 10 pictures of that size will seriously tax some people's computers or internet connection.

You could also look through some of the existing blog posts to see how others have done something similar, though I would say without the number of images or size.

55 minutes ago, karlpaws said:

You could also look through some of the existing blog posts to see how others have done something similar, though I would say without the number of images or size.

A lot of us (myself included) routinely post story blog entries with 200+ images that size ?. I would consider 50 to be on the shorter side for a story entry (which isn't necessarily a bad thing!)

Blogs are definitely the generally accepted way to do that around here. Have a look at some if you want to get a sense of how most people do it.

19 minutes ago, SpyVsPie said:

A lot of us (myself included) routinely post story blog entries with 200+ images that size ?. I would consider 50 to be on the shorter side for a story entry (which isn't necessarily a bad thing!)

Blogs are definitely the generally accepted way to do that around here. Have a look at some if you want to get a sense of how most people do it.

Huh, I guess I've missed those of yours, or just lost track of the count reading them.  In either case, it sounds like that's the right idea for the OP.

I agree with commenters above me - your best bet might be to simply create a blog.  Even though there are some authors that have 100-200 images per chapter, 50+ is still really good and depending on the flow of your story that amount might work best for you. 

Few suggestions, if I may:  you mentioned your screenshots are 3440x1440 high resolution. While they might provide higher quality, something with such large resolution (especially if it's also a png file) will take forever to load and will strain reader's internet connection/PCs.  Most of the writers chose to lower their image resolution and use jpegs for posting.

Also, 7 chapters are a decent amount for an ongoing story but you might want to avoid posting everything at once.  One chapter a week (give or take a few days) is usually the best option. It lets people read your work at their own pace without having to catch up on the whole story in one go.

Whatever you decide to do, best of luck to you and hope we'll get to see your work soon! ?

4 minutes ago, karlpaws said:

Huh, I guess I've missed those of yours, or just lost track of the count reading them.  In either case, it sounds like that's the right idea for the OP.

yup it’s actually pretty tough to tell how many shots a story is if you’re not actively counting as you go (in which case it probably isn’t that entertaining ?). 

I only know my own entries (for obvious reasons) my friend’s entries (from talking to them as they work on stuff) and a few misc. entries where the number of shots was mentioned. Other than that I’d probably have trouble guessing. 

Either way like you said a blog is the way to go. 

Strongly agree with the above, you should at least try to create a blog.

7 hours ago, renferal said:

Or should I not even bother? I understand wanting to keep this site mostly mod-specific related, and if sharing pictures and stories of exploits in my modded Skyrim is something you'd rather keep the site clean of, that makes sense too.

And this is how people underestimate the blog section of a website.
To say that LL is mod related site is not quite true. It's a "community" to be more precise nsfw-community, with multiple sections and sub forums. Yes, modifications section is big, but not the only one. Just hang out in a blog-part of a site a bit, and you will discover that the "rabit hole" is way more deeper.

And yes, if you still decide to open your blog, I wish you the best of luck. ^_^

I legitimately didn't even know the blog section of this website was a thing. I feel dumb now.

Few suggestions, if I may:  you mentioned your screenshots are 3440x1440 high resolution. While they might provide higher quality, something with such large resolution (especially if it's also a png file) will take forever to load and will strain reader's internet connection/PCs.  Most of the writers chose to lower their image resolution and use jpegs for posting.

If LL doesn't have some kind of downscaling by default, then yeah I absolutely would. Good idea for sure.

Also, 7 chapters are a decent amount for an ongoing story but you might want to avoid posting everything at once.  One chapter a week (give or take a few days) is usually the best option. It lets people read your work at their own pace without having to catch up on the whole story in one go.

So would I just keep updating the same blog post? Or make a new one? 

22 minutes ago, renferal said:

I legitimately didn't even know the blog section of this website was a thing. I feel dumb now.

If LL doesn't have some kind of downscaling by default, then yeah I absolutely would. Good idea for sure.

So would I just keep updating the same blog post? Or make a new one? 

One blog entry per chapter is the generally accepted way to do things. And as Devianna mentioned it's considered polite not to post a ton of entries at once.