sim cannot get pregnant: "Can Get Pregnant: False (n%)"

hi, i've been trying to get my sims knocked up but they don't seem to be able to. i've switched from menstrual cycle to manual chance (set to 95% at the moment) but nothing. the pregnancy test option doesn't show up from any toilet, nor does the "this sim might be pregnant!" buff appear. here are two screenshots of the pregnancy info from two of my sims - the latter has been de-aged from elder to adult for reference.

i've double checked that they both had the "can get impregnated" trait. what am i doing wrong?

wickedwhims: v163h

game version: 1.71.28.1230

938192401_ScreenShot2021-03-31at5_02_39PM.thumb.png.690b744cc722c3b73ab02a4a554ca905.png 1628065258_ScreenShot2021-03-31at5_02_15PM.thumb.png.c5377396352143d9d317fe0fd80a6254.png

lastException_63752905623.txt

2 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Make sure you've changed both Active(Player) and NPC's as they both have to be set.

Birth Control use(settings) can also prevent pregnancies. 

both player and NPC settings are at 95% at the moment.

birth control use is nulled for everyone as well. hence my confusion 

21 minutes ago, mmmmmaybe said:

both player and NPC settings are at 95% at the moment.

birth control use is nulled for everyone as well. hence my confusion 

If you're trying to achieve different pregnancy results by changing WW settings, try deleting your localthumbcache file in your game folder after you've changed those settings and they should be updated to show the correct pregnancy changes.

12 hours ago, DarkAudit said:

My first guess is you've got a full 8-sim household here?

No matter what you do, full household is full. No new babies possible until you move someone out.

oh, duh. can't believe i forgot about that. thanks so much.

If house is full, you can add Claudia Sharon's or TwistedMexi 's "full  house mods" to still get pregnancies.   I use Claudia Sharon's mods, I like her tumblr and that she updates often.

https://claudiasharon.tumblr.com/post/186469640595/larger-sims-households-10-16-25

For either "full-house" mod however... if the household is larger than 8 sims and you go into CAS for any reason, the game engine will automatically cull infants/toddlers from the household and put you back to the 8 max. 

So save your family often if they're a large one and best rule of thumb is try to remember that  in a larger than 8 household...Don't take your family in CAS.

6 hours ago, MissCee said:

So save your family often if they're a large one and best rule of thumb is try to remember that  in a larger than 8 household...Don't take your family in CAS.

The workaround for this is moving some sims to another household first, do your CAS editing, and then move them back.

MCCC also can increase the 8 sims limit but it's a bit hard to navigate through all the menus until you learn your way around.

I'm all about easy-peasy and don't use MCCC, however I didn't try splitting the household and moving some of them in elsewhere... unless I'm making a new one.  I'll see if moving half out and then moving them back retains the familiar friend/family relationships.  Thanks for the suggestion.