[mod] Character Body Overhaul

You seem to have forgotten the file that actually allows the game to load the mod.

I'm looking forward to getting to try the mod out when you add that file though!

37 minutes ago, Justafool said:

You seem to have forgotten the file that actually allows the game to load the mod.

I'm looking forward to getting to try the mod out when you add that file though!

Thanks for letting me know. I've uploaded a version with the MOD file.

6 hours ago, flipdarkfuture said:

So if I'm reading this right, does that mean if I animate something in Blender, that can then be used as a event clip?

Yup that's how I did it. You need to use the paradox importer/exporter and I just imported a couple of body models into Blender so that I could be sure the animations worked together. Most paradox animations use cameras that focus on a specific bone (usually camera_torso_look_at) which wouldn't work for this so I had to set the camera in a fixed location. The camera is set at -260 on the Y axis and is focused on the origin. I figured that while animating in Blender it would be easiest if you had a visual representation of what the camera would actually be looking at. After that its just a matter of coding the animations into the body's asset file and in the portrait_animations folder.

I will note that I've experienced the animations getting out of sync sometimes. It seems like if the animations are called multiple times in rapid succession (particularly on high speed) they may start at a frame that isn't 1. It's usually fine, but something I'm going to look into.

10 minutes ago, M4rocks said:

Uh, I can't seem to rotate the camera, can you?

Depends on which camera you are talking about. If you mean during the event animation then no those are set in the files included in the mod. The game doesn't really have any functionality to rotate cameras in game outside of the portrait editor that I've seen (though now that I think about it the fact you can in the portrait editor indicates it should exist).

If you mean just to view the your character then yes. But you will need to download fullscreen barbershop on the steam workshop. You can't rotate the camera with that mod but it gives you the option of viewing your character (and any pinned character) from enough different angles that it is basically the same thing.

51 minutes ago, mavius said:

When I load the mod, game doesn't show any male characters, any fix to that?

Well that is definitely less than ideal. Hopefully, that isn't happening for everyone. I'm going to start my game with only this mod enabled to see if it works. I got a similar issue in testing before I made the animations compatible. It could be an issue with some other mod you have conflicting. Could you check your error log? I could tell what's wrong from there.

1 hour ago, mavius said:

When I load the mod, game doesn't show any male characters, any fix to that?

I'm mid loading my game when it hits me. That would happen if you have simple shafts. The two mods should work together, you just need to change the load order (my mod includes similar things but I didn't include the Carnalitas portrait modifiers since I'm trying to make this as bare bones as possible). Basically if my files overwrite the simple shafts files it should be fine. The other way around won't.

2 hours ago, akoheydar said:

So how do we exactly go on about creating an event to use the animations you provided with the mod? Are you unable to create a default event yourself to trigger the animation?

Fair question, I included some basic stuff but I can be more detailed about how to code in the animations. Below is what I currently have scripted in my events that use this animation. This would only work for heterosexual sex because I separate homosexual and heterosexual sex into different event chains. If you replace the scopes with whatever scope is relevant to that particular event it should work.

right_portrait = {
        character = scope:sex_event_root_character
        animation = sex
        triggered_outfit = {
            trigger = { should_be_naked_trigger = no }
            remove_default_outfit = yes
            outfit_tags = { no_clothes }
        }
    }
    lower_right_portrait = {
         character = scope:sex_event_partner
        animation = sex
        triggered_outfit = {
        }
    }

You could however use a triggered animation so that the event will work for either heterosexual or homosexual sex. Like this.

lower_right_portrait = {
        CHARACTER = scope:sex_event_partner

triggered_animation = {
                trigger = { scope:sex_event_partner = { sex_opposite_of = scope:sex_event_root_character } }
                animation = sex
            }

triggered_animation = {
                trigger = { scope:sex_event_partner = { Not = { sex_opposite_of = scope:sex_event_root_character } } }
                animation = hom_sex
            }
        triggered_outfit = {
        }
    }

Anything more specific kind of relates back to why I didn't include any default events in the mod. In order to include a default event I would need to write an event from the bottom up. Any event requires a bunch of parts, how is it being fired? what does it say? what does it do? how does it effect your gameplay? Writing localization (my least favorite thing). All of these parts would be a bunch of work for me and provide ways where the mod might conflict with other mods. It's comparatively easy to modify an event that you are already writing to use the animation. 

I'm writing mods that will use this stuff, but they aren't ready. What's included here is mainly stuff that I wrote for those other mods I'm working on that I realized could be used by other people by itself.

15 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

Fair question, I included some basic stuff but I can be more detailed about how to code in the animations. Below is what I currently have scripted in my events that use this animation. This would only work for heterosexual sex because I separate homosexual and heterosexual sex into different event chains. If you replace the scopes with whatever scope is relevant to that particular event it should work.

right_portrait = {
        character = scope:sex_event_root_character
        animation = sex
        triggered_outfit = {
        }
    }
    lower_right_portrait = {
         character = scope:sex_event_partner
        animation = sex
        triggered_outfit = {
        }
    }

You could however use a triggered animation so that the event will work for either heterosexual or homosexual sex. Like this.

lower_right_portrait = {
        CHARACTER = scope:sex_event_partner

triggered_animation = {
                trigger = { scope:sex_event_partner = { sex_opposite_of = scope:sex_event_root_character } }
                animation = sex
            }

triggered_animation = {
                trigger = { scope:sex_event_partner = { Not = { sex_opposite_of = scope:sex_event_root_character } } }
                animation = hom_sex
            }
        triggered_outfit = {
        }
    }

Anything more specific kind of relates back to why I didn't include any default events in the mod. In order to include a default event I would need to write an event from the bottom up. Any event requires a bunch of parts, how is it being fired? what does it say? what does it do? how does it effect your gameplay? Writing localization (my least favorite thing). All of these parts would be a bunch of work for me and provide ways where the mod might conflict with other mods. It's comparatively easy to modify an event that you are already writing to use the animation. 

I'm writing mods that will use this stuff, but they aren't ready. What's included here is mainly stuff that I wrote for those other mods I'm working on that I realized could be used by other people by itself.

Thanks, I managed to use another mod and just changed the animation to use yours instead. 

It's a very promising mod, but I absolutely can't stand how scuffed the character models look right now. Do you think this is something that you'll be able to improve in the future?

1 hour ago, akoheydar said:

Thanks, I managed to use another mod and just changed the animation to use yours instead. 

It's a very promising mod, but I absolutely can't stand how scuffed the character models look right now. Do you think this is something that you'll be able to improve in the future?

So not quite sure what you mean by scuffed but it sounds like you are referring to the textures, and yeah I really do wish they could be more detailed too. The problem is that I didn't touch the textures or diffuses. They are basically dds files that are wrapped around the character shape. So because I didn't change them they get more stretched out as any part of the character gets bigger. I know its possible to edit them (there are a few other mods on here that do) but I haven't had any luck making anything. To be fair a couple months ago I hadn't even used character modelling software so maybe I'll have more luck in future. I'm mostly hoping that someone else with more skill in that area steps in tbh.

The only other thing I can think of is the SSAO. In making the animation work I had to disable the game's program to create dynamic shadows (only on the characters doesn't effect map or anything). Basically the base game doesn't have any way (that I know of) to put multiple characters in a single window (pretty sure this is why there have been no animations up until now). I basically created a workaround that layers multiple windows on top of each other to create the perception of a single window with depth. Without disabling the SSAO this workaround ends up creating really bad black lines on the characters. I've attached a screenshot to show you what I mean.

Do you use Brighter Portraits II? I do and I could imagine that disabling the SSAO might have a different effect for someone that doesn't.

SSAO Example.PNG

Hey, this is great! I really like this, but it has a lot more than I am interested in. Is there a way to just have the breasts be a separate download? That is, I just want the larger breasts enabled by this mod without anything else from it.

2 hours ago, kingofmemes said:

How much of this is necessary for only the sex animations? I'd like to use the animations but I don't want any of the body modification stuff.

Kind of all of it, but also kind of not? The only thing that is 100% necessary for the animations to work is the base model. But you need to have blendshapes that are compatible with the base model. Compatibility in this context means they need to have same vertex count (the male model does not have the same vertex count as the paradox blendshapes). But it also means that the blendshapes need to have been made with the base model in mind otherwise you will get . . . unexpected results (looks real weird). If anyone wants to make blendshapes compatible with my base models that would work.

In the mean time, I would really just recommend making changes in the gene file. Its really easy to modify a gene file and you can get exactly the sizes you want. If you don't want butt sizes you can delete the butt size gene no problem. That's the reason I made the blendshapes so big. You can always make them smaller by just changing an number.

6 hours ago, Hermitic said:

Hey, this is great! I really like this, but it has a lot more than I am interested in. Is there a way to just have the breasts be a separate download? That is, I just want the larger breasts enabled by this mod without anything else from it.

With how much goes into this, I really don't want to get bogged down in creating specific downloads. For breast sizes specifically the female_bs_body_breast_size_2_max is compatible with the base model. If you have a mod with only that file in it, it would work (though without an updated gene file it will be twice as big). But that would only work for naked characters. Having the breast sizes work while the characters are clothed is much more complicated than you would think. I could go into why if you are interested in trying to make that happen.

Awesome work! I love where this is headed. I have a request.
Could you separate the butt morph from hips/thighs on females? In the same vein, could you separate breast size(outward size) from the downward morph(the gravity effect you added)
I love the changes to hips and how the slider increases hips/thighs, but i feel like the butts are a bit too extreme when you increase the slider, and you cant increase hips without making the butts huge because hip morph doesnt happen at the begining of the slider.
I also like how for extremely large breasts, they sag, but in vanilla it was possible to have large breasts that didnt sag quite so much, im looking for that vanilla size, which again cant be achieved because the downward morph kicks in too soon.

This mod would be awesome if you could split the new bodies you made from the morphs. That way we could keep the genitals and animations, the morphs could easily be a submod.
Thanks for sharing, hope to see more from this!

7 hours ago, DouseInOil said:

This looks great. Will it be possible to change the ass size in character creation?

Unfortunately this isn't really something that I know how to do. It would require GUI coding and basically the only GUI coding I've figured out was enabling the event windows to work, and really I was just copy pasting from other gui elements. I will say that the next mod I'm working toward involves body_attributes being set by variables (as opposed to traits), which will make it much easier to customize your characters in game.

3 hours ago, megamorph014 said:

Awesome work! I love where this is headed. I have a request.
Could you separate the butt morph from hips/thighs on females? In the same vein, could you separate breast size(outward size) from the downward morph(the gravity effect you added)
I love the changes to hips and how the slider increases hips/thighs, but i feel like the butts are a bit too extreme when you increase the slider, and you cant increase hips without making the butts huge because hip morph doesnt happen at the begining of the slider.
I also like how for extremely large breasts, they sag, but in vanilla it was possible to have large breasts that didnt sag quite so much, im looking for that vanilla size, which again cant be achieved because the downward morph kicks in too soon.

This mod would be awesome if you could split the new bodies you made from the morphs. That way we could keep the genitals and animations, the morphs could easily be a submod.
Thanks for sharing, hope to see more from this!

Yeah uploading the base models is really the reason why I personally wanted to upload this. Give people the tools to be able to animate more easily and see what sort of content can come out of it. The meshes I was working on separately but they are the only thing I currently have that are compatible with the base meshes (and honestly more importantly the clothes.

In terms of the hips, separating hips and the butt was something I wanted to do from the beginning, which is why my earlier butt size attempts didn't touch the hips. I also had a lot more blend shapes that could be combined. The problem is the more blendshapes you have the harder it is to get them to work together. And this is especially true for clothing because its not just about looking good but avoiding having your characters clip out of the clothing. Every additional female character shape means about ~40 more clothing shapes and that about 50 for males. Which is probably why paradox's hips size shape (pear) only exists when the character is naked.

In terms of the breast sag. My actual size mesh actually scales pretty well. I've attached a couple images, one is of my breast size 2 max at 17.5% of its value the other is paradoxes shape at 100% of its value. They are pretty much the same. I think paradoxes nipple is placed slightly higher than mine but its marginal. What you are noticing is that the breast size shapes are having less effect. IIRC breast shape 1 is the perky one, 2 is the saggy one (literally its coded for old women), 3 is pushed together and 4 is more weighted looking. (5 exists in the files and is similar to 3 and isn't used). Anyway I've defintely considered amplifying the shapes so that they have more effect on the larger breasts, (what's nice with that is they have no effect on clothing). But I haven't gotten around to it. What's nice about having added bones to the model is that I could use an additive animation to do it too.

In the mean time try this gene code for breast shape 1.

bust_shape_1_full = { 
        visible = no
        index = 3 
        female = { 
            setting = { attribute = "bs_body_breast_shape_1" value = { min = -3.0 max = 3.0 } age = age_preset_puberty  } 
            setting = { attribute = "bs_body_breast_size_min" value = { min = 1.0 max = -1.0 } age = age_preset_puberty  } 
            setting = { attribute = "bs_body_breast_size_2_max" value = { min = -0.5 max = 0.5 }  age = age_preset_puberty } 
            setting = { attribute = "bs_body_breast_shape_2" value = { min = 0.5 max = 1.5 } age = age_preset_aging_secondary_full  } 

paradox_size_max_2.PNG

new_size_max_2_17.5.PNG

On 3/6/2021 at 7:21 AM, Mange2020 said:

性动画,更多的角色形状和更轻松的动画模型

感谢WaffleIron,他的Simple Shafts / Simple Slits mod提供了我用来制作此mod的很多资产。

关于兼容性和安装的快速免责声明。这只是我在此处上传的第二个模块。第一个窗口(“性事件窗口”,此处仅作了少许修改)很小,实际上只是一个修改工具/概念验证。老实说,这个mod非常庞大(我稍后会介绍为什么)。尽管我已经能够在游戏中做一些我知道需要的东西,但我没有任何实际将mod上传到这里的经验。很可能我遗漏了一个mod文件或安装它所需的东西,所以请告诉我。同样,尽管我知道这些文件在我的计算机上都可以正常工作,并且杂乱无章,并且到处都有一些代码,但是我尝试清理它,但是很混乱。因此,我专门为此模型创建了一个要上传的模块,并且只包含了必要的文件。它' 我可能遗漏了必要的文件。如果是这种情况,请告诉我。

动画-包含在mod中,每个性别分别有2个动画“ sex”和“ hom_sex”,这两个动画均未编码为任何事件。为了使用这些动画,您需要创建一个事件,该事件的字符编码为“ right_portrait”,而一个字符编码为“ lower_right_portrait”,如果该事件是指异性恋,则两个字符都需要使用“性别”动画进行编码,如果该事件涉及同性恋,则需要将一个字符编码为“ hom_sex”。对于男性,带有hom_sex动画的角色将位于底部,对于女性,编码为hom_sex的角色将位于顶部。

基本角色模型-基本角色模型已经过装配,可以更轻松地进行动画处理。我为男性增加了6根骨头(阴茎,左/右乳房,胃,左/右屁股颊),为女性增加了7根骨头(相同的东西,但左/右阴道唇代替了阴茎)。使其难以运行的原因是我上传此文件的原因。为了保持与基本游戏的服装/动画的兼容性,我需要为每个动画/服装创建新版本。 

在形状方面,雄性基于WaffleIron的阴茎最小尺寸。雌性基于WaffleIron的猫咪混合形状(它们也使用WaffleIron的散布和纹理)。 

着装-游戏中的所有着装都已更新,因此角色不会被裁剪掉(至少没有太多)。

形状概述-为了上传基本模型,我需要包括兼容的融合形状。这给了我完成一些文件的动力,这些文件赋予了角色更多的形状。上图所示的屏幕截图是mod包含的基因文件中的大小。但是,告诉您多大太大不是我的工作,因此在可能的情况下,我会将形状加倍。这意味着基因文件仅设置为使用任何给定属性潜力的一半。我认为如果您觉得太大了,可以轻松地减少基因文件中的数字,但不能超过1.0。我不会在下面将哪些形状加倍。

更大的乳房-我见过一些增加乳房大小的mod,但我感觉其中大多数似乎过高。在这里,我将乳房稍微放下,这样它们似乎更容易受到重力的影响。就像在基本游戏中一样,有两个乳房大小,代表裸露乳房的breast_size_2_max和代表被衣服撑起的乳房的breast_size_max。衣服和裸露的乳房都可以加倍。

更大的屁股-我已经看到了很多要求,但是据我所知,这是第一个包含变量但大小的mod。我提供了一个最小的臀部尺寸(我相信大家都会兴奋的)和一个最大的臀部尺寸,其中两个用于女性,一个用于男性。对于女性,butt_size_max除了会增加臀部的大小,butt_size_2_max不会使臀部变大。屁股尺寸2基本上只是一个早期尝试,然后我意识到品种很好。基因文件包括三个不同的对接大小版本。两个仅使用一种形状,而第三种则使用两种形状的混合。如果我已经对种族文件进行了编码,那么50%的字符应该获得混合基因,而25%的字符将获得窄/宽的臀部。宽臀部版本可以加倍,狭窄的髋部女性版本无法翻倍(不增加髋部尺寸,而将屁股变大会显得很奇怪)。男性版本无法翻倍(由于形状的原因,制作男生屁股非常困难)。

阴茎大小-我在简单的杆状网格中加入了较大的阴茎大小,我还尝试赋予其头部形状,因为即使是非圆形的阴茎也将具有头部形状。这确实可以从漫反射/纹理中受益,但是我没有创造这些的任何技巧。正如我在基本网格使用最小阴茎尺寸的简单轴之前所说的那样,这可使勃起变形正常工作(否则您会得到扁平的阴茎)。简单轴阴茎大小基因已被修改为包括两个模板penis_size和erection_size。人们应该只继承penis_size版本,但是如果使用纵向修改器“竖立”创建了动画,则该基因将被修改为对该动画使用竖立基因。这意味着动画中的勃起将基于动画外的字符阴茎大小。最后,因为从基因值的50%开始,巨大的阴茎和正常大小的球看起来很奇怪,所以角色球也将开始变大。阴茎大小,勃起大小和球大小都可以加倍。 

怀孕-我增加了怀孕网眼的乳房大小,并尝试对它们进行塑形,以使它们看起来像正坐在怀孕的腹部上方。因此,孕妇的乳房会随着胃部的生长而长大。还包括一个名为“ pregnancy_2”的网格,但它不包含在任何基因文件中。我打算最终使用它,以使双胞胎(或更多)的女性变大,但这是不在此mod范围内的未来计划。怀孕不能翻倍(尽管您可以根据需要将怀孕_2添加到怀孕基因中)。

Fat Max-我一直觉得基础游戏引用胖子的方式使他们看起来比看上去胖(我也觉得一个人,如果他们的宗教信仰认为他们应该吃得过多,那真是太庞大了。老实说,如果我知道多少我需要完成这项工作,但我一直认为我已经快完成了。尽管它仍然是最有可能被裁剪的网格。基因文件中的内容是悖论网格的两倍(尽管胃下垂更多)。

胖子-如果您忘记了地牢中的一个人十年了,这个网孔会让您感到更糟。它是矛盾的网状网状的两倍,腹部略微下沉。gaunt_1位于脂肪基因上,gaunt_2位于肌肉基因上,但它们是同一事物,并且打算相加不超过一个。它们需要是不同的文件,否则您将浮头。如果它们在您的基因文件中添加到1.0以上,您将看到一些奇怪的结果。

肌肉-手臂是通过将两个(也许是三个?)悖论性肌肉网格相加在一起而创建的。尽管我了解到悖论性的肌肉网会因为腹部肌肉的增大而使胃部扩张,但令人失望的是它的肌肉性格看起来更胖。因此,我将两个网格上的胃弄平,并增加了腹肌的定义。为了使角色看起来永远不会跳过腿,我增加了网格的对接大小。最终,似乎基础网丝并没有做任何事情来增加胸肌的大小。对于男性角色,我从头开始雕刻佩奇。对于女性角色,我只是增加了些稍微上方的尺寸(因为我没有不想弄乱自己的乳房),以产生一种效果(我认为)看起来像是胸肌长在下面。如上所述,护臂网是在肌肉网的较低值处添加的基本游戏的肌肉基因编码为0-1,而我已经将其编码为(-1)-1,这样增加的肌肉大小不会导致出现肌肉绑定角色的世界该方程式的另一面是弱(但比脂肪基因少,脸部也没有变化)。该网格不能被加倍(如果肌肉变大,它们将变得锋利并相互夹住。该方程式的另一面是弱(但比脂肪基因少,脸部也没有变化)。该网格不能被加倍(如果肌肉变大,它们将变得锋利并相互夹住。该方程式的另一面是弱(但比少数基因少,脸部也没有变化)。该网格不能被加倍(如果肌肉变大,它们将变得锋利并相互夹住。

我想就是这样。很抱歉,如果它有点信息过载。我添加此内容的目的是希望其他人也可以制作动画。因此,我想详细介绍一下,以允许其他人以此为基础。

hey,dude,i'm a new guy here,while i'm trying to load game with this mod,there's always have flash back here.the mod i use just yours two and simple shafts&simple slits pls help me

2 hours ago, inexpertus0483 said:

hey,dude,i'm a new guy here,while i'm trying to load game with this mod,there's always have flash back here.the mod i use just yours two and simple shafts&simple slits pls help me

So in order to work with Simple Shafts/Slits my mod needs to be loaded after those mods. So it needs to be lower in the load order.