Nioh 2 - Modding Thread and Discussion -

4 hours ago, batteryjar said:

i would try unassigning all verts from all vertex groups, then assign all verts to a single vertex group that you know it uses. should confirm if it's a vertex group problem.

also, cleaning vertex groups has helped me avoid explosions before

Thanks for the advice!

I tried your method and the result was interesting. After cleaning the original vertex groups, the explosion issue was gone. Then I did some tests by weight painting the mesh in various ways. It turns out that, some armor sets (ferryman footwear for example) only allow a maximum of 2 vertex groups assigned to each vertex, otherwise it explodes.

However, within that limit, no matter how I weight paint the mesh, it refuses to deform. The game engine always treats it as a whole solid piece parented to the calf bone. Apparently apart from vertex groups themselves, there's something else influencing the skinning process that differs among armor sets. 

6 hours ago, anaslex said:

There is indeed.

Only the side plates though. I left the front and back ones because I thought it looked a bit daft without them.

Nice and Thanks but is it possible for you to share the one with no front and back plates as well and without the belt?

Have we find a way to make 3DMigoto change only specific texture part yet?

To elaborate, the body's separated into many parts but it has one texture files, right? So I copied the original texture and edited the whole texture min darker tone to make some stocking mod, I specified only certain parts of VB so it only change the texture mesh of calf/shin and the knee, that way there wouldn't be any seams since the leg texture wrapped the leg in weird way (it's hard to make one end connected properly).

But the game end up glitching that if you move the cameras, sometimes the texture works as intended, MOST OF THE TIME the textures end up change the entire body.

Spoiler

image.png.0ffd8a91157407f91e109649b4140f8d.png

So I end up assigning every single part of the skin that is not touched by the stocking with the original skin text to override the glitch.

The issue I have about this method is that once you override the skin, you will be stuck with that skintone and won't be able to customize it which keep preventing me to share this mod.

Is there anyone that can help me solve this issue?

15 hours ago, zaqwer said:

Thanks for the advice!

I tried your method and the result was interesting. After cleaning the original vertex groups, the explosion issue was gone. Then I did some tests by weight painting the mesh in various ways. It turns out that, some armor sets (ferryman footwear for example) only allow a maximum of 2 vertex groups assigned to each vertex, otherwise it explodes.

However, within that limit, no matter how I weight paint the mesh, it refuses to deform. The game engine always treats it as a whole solid piece parented to the calf bone. Apparently apart from vertex groups themselves, there's something else influencing the skinning process that differs among armor sets. 

WAIT hold on, what does it mean by unassigning vertex groups? I deleted all the vertex group and transfer the weight and it still explode.

Do you mean, what you just did to get rid that explosion is you just... redo the paint weight all by ye'self?

1 hour ago, dropkickinit said:

mod the face accessory glasses into actual normal looking glasses

oof that sound like a nightmare to deal with...

Any idea where I did wrong? I put new mesh, no vertex buffer needed so no explosion BUT this happen:

Spoiler

image.png.e5f7b0ca7b602b50dbc47e2f3095770a.png

funny thing is, in blender it looks like this:

Spoiler

image.png.dc1b1e22b8a23755b308277774ad5caf.png

Basically I tried to merged the original mesh with new model because 3DMigoto cannot export new mesh as it is said it's error py something VBstride ye, so I merged and then I edited the object by removed the original mesh in edit mode, and then export it, but the model stays for some reason.

4 hours ago, alpaca21 said:

WAIT hold on, what does it mean by unassigning vertex groups? I deleted all the vertex group and transfer the weight and it still explode.

Do you mean, what you just did to get rid that explosion is you just... redo the paint weight all by ye'self?

oof that sound like a nightmare to deal with...

In blender, when selecting any vertex, you can see how many vertex groups is it assigned to in the N panel. It seems some armor piece (ferryman footwear for example) doesn't allow any vertex to be exist simultaneously in more than 2 vertex groups, otherwise it explodes.

Lone wolf footwear, on the contrary, has no such limitation and some of it's vertices are assigned to 3 groups. So if you replace ferryman footwear's mesh with lone wolf's, boom. Also transferring weights may have several vertices assigned to more than 2 groups (for smoother deforming).

Blender has a function to limit the number of vertex groups each vertex is assigned to. It's in the weights menu (my PC just died and can't upload a screenshot right now). You can use this feature after transferring weights.

However, in my case, even if the vertex groups are set correctly, it just won't work at all (even though no explosion happens).

45 minutes ago, zaqwer said:

In blender, when selecting any vertex, you can see how many vertex groups is it assigned to in the N panel. It seems some armor piece (ferryman footwear for example) doesn't allow any vertex to be exist simultaneously in more than 2 vertex groups, otherwise it explodes.

Lone wolf footwear, on the contrary, has no such limitation and some of it's vertices are assigned to 3 groups. So if you replace ferryman footwear's mesh with lone wolf's, boom. Also transferring weights may have several vertices assigned to more than 2 groups (for smoother deforming).

Blender has a function to limit the number of vertex groups each vertex is assigned to. It's in the weights menu (my PC just died and can't upload a screenshot right now). You can use this feature after transferring weights.

However, in my case, even if the vertex groups are set correctly, it just won't work at all (even though no explosion happens).

So it just won't read the rigging I suppose... I feel like something similar happen in 3DMigoto tutorial on Youtube.

39 minutes ago, batteryjar said:

blend file is included here if it would help https://www.nexusmods.com/nioh2/mods/114/

OH HELL YE, Thanks alot! Turn out I need to match the index LOL

I'M FUCKING DID IT, FOR THE FIRST TIME IN FOREVER YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

at what cost? 24 HOURS straight of Blender Guru's video so I can understand the basic of blender, getting scolded for being barmy, and someone give me a good fucking hint! OH GOD.

Blimey lad....

Spoiler

image.png.25c456c6c62e029bab541a1055bcfddf.png

Hhmm, I was testing something because in some maps the FPS are so unstable (even changing settings) and tested disabling mods one by one to detect what causes it and what a surprise, some mods causes FPS drops. SO far that I tested that causes those drops are some of the Yokai nude mods, specially those who affects NureOnna , Eboshi and Yomi. The rest I didn't noticed anything. Just reporting this in case this serves to help someone or figures out a fix.

1 hour ago, Navylian said:

Hhmm, I was testing something because in some maps the FPS are so unstable (even changing settings) and tested disabling mods one by one to detect what causes it and what a surprise, some mods causes FPS drops. SO far that I tested that causes those drops are some of the Yokai nude mods, specially those who affects NureOnna , Eboshi and Yomi. The rest I didn't noticed anything. Just reporting this in case this serves to help someone or figures out a fix.

To be fair, the game still has optimization issues. Some missions/parts of missions have terrible FPS even with no mods. For example Two Faces of Hospitality.

14 minutes ago, okuliare said:

To be fair, the game still has optimization issues. Some missions/parts of missions have terrible FPS even with no mods. For example Two Faces of Hospitality.

Yeah, I know that, thats because I said even changing settings, it's only that I noticed that some mods affects to the FPS aswell (combo xD). Like I said, maybe helps someone to gain some FPS if uses those mods I checked.

11 hours ago, alpaca21 said:

I'M FUCKING DID IT, FOR THE FIRST TIME IN FOREVER YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

at what cost? 24 HOURS straight of Blender Guru's video so I can understand the basic of blender, getting scolded for being barmy, and someone give me a good fucking hint! OH GOD.

Blimey lad....

Hide contents

image.png.25c456c6c62e029bab541a1055bcfddf.png

those glasses look great, nexus when? my gf uses the exact same ones

1 hour ago, Dumberson said:

those glasses look great, nexus when? my gf uses the exact same ones

Oh um... soon, after I found all the hashes

=================================

Anyway, I found a weird stuff, so I manage to add Maria hat, size need to be adjusted yeah BUT as you can see:

Spoiler

image.png.617a9e41a766f0aae951b63cf71ae64b.png

the texture for some reason refuse to be loaded and my suspicion is because blender cannot produce .dds file(so I use online converted) OR I'm missing ps-t1 texture which is- honestly- I have no idea what kind of texture is ps-t1 is, can someone help me on this one?

BUT THE MOST SUSPICIOUS ONE IS that the settings in .ini files, how the heck do I should navigate with 3DMigoto, I swear man, it's bonkers but there's no direction whatsoever that I could find.

37 minutes ago, symon2223 said:

Hi all,

I am using alpaca21's mod, the shinobi onmyo set. Just curious if this is possible now. 

Mai Shiranui outfit is almost the same as this:

https://www.nexusmods.com/nioh2/mods/100

DOA6_Mai_Render.png

Maybe possible, idk when it will be possible, but definitely not by me who have no clue how 3D works, I keep exploding the game whenever I try something I fancy.

=============

But seriously though, what is ts0, ts1, ts2, ts3?

*nevermind I'm dumb* NOTE TO ME SELF: BLOODY READ THE TUTORIAL

2 hours ago, alpaca21 said:

Maybe possible, idk when it will be possible, but definitely not by me who have no clue how 3D works, I keep exploding the game whenever I try something I fancy.

=============

But seriously though, what is ts0, ts1, ts2, ts3?

*nevermind I'm dumb* NOTE TO ME SELF: BLOODY READ THE TUTORIAL

LMAO~

...But in all seriousness, you can just start with the retexture of your shinobi onmyo (black scarfless) since the model is almost practically the same as Shiranui Mai's outfit (just lacking the back ribbon and the tail. Oh, and the cleavage ?).

6 minutes ago, ZReincarnation said:

LMAO~

...But in all seriousness, you can just start with the retexture of your shinobi onmyo (black scarfless) since the model is almost practically the same as Shiranui Mai's outfit (just lacking the back ribbon and the tail. Oh, and the cleavage ?).

Yes we would really love to see shinobi robes with cleavage. Hope someone can really mod this. 

1 hour ago, ZReincarnation said:

LMAO~

You know... if anyone can make the unwraped chest binding mod without nipple then... I might do it

I just really don't want to dabble with NSFW stuff :/

EDIT: actually nevermind.

20 minutes ago, alpaca21 said:

You know... if anyone can make the unwraped chest binding mod without nipple then... I might do it

I just really don't want to dabble with NSFW stuff :/

Are you referring to the texture or the mesh (of the unwrapped mod)? If we're talking about the NSFW territory, I can see how the nips texture could be a problem since it would be visible with cleavage but editing it to reduce the nips size shouldn't be too hard (in fact it was already been done). For the mesh, however, could be tricky (mainly coz I have no clue how blender works) but somehow making the mesh of the shinobi robe a little "loose" on the chest size may conceal the perky bump of the nips, 

On the side note, here's a bootleg Shiranui Mai in Nioh 2 that I made that you could take on and improve from since im very shitty at texture editing
(p/s: you can retexture Genmei Hunting onmyo glove and archer's sandals for the glove and shoes respectively)

20210308141301_1.jpg