Tentacled Dreams Extended

Tentacled Dreams Extended
By SuccinctScriver (a.k.a ThrowAwayToThrowAway)

Tentacled Dreams Extended is a collection of features and tweaks that I developed for Tentacled Dreams that either didn't make it into the main mod for whatever reason or that I finished after active development on Tentacled Dreams ceased.

Features:

• New images for tentacle culture holdings, with separate images for each tentacle brood.
  • Icons! New icons for tentacle troops, a new death icon for characters killed by tentacles, and a new icon for the Scarlet Sisters targeted decisions.
  • A new image for the tentacle scepters.
  • New smithed items. Tentacle religion characters can now have their smith forge a whip for them that gives bonuses to tentacle monster units.
  • Player-only MtF TG tentacle event chain. Only occurs for male rulers under 30. Configurable and disableable in the game rules.
  • A new random tentacle encounter for players that aren't openly pro tentacle.
  • A reworking of the way that tentacle monster units from pregnancies are generated. The troops are now stored in your lair until you have enough, and are then spawned in units of 50.
  • Reworked Infest Stables slightly. The cultural unit buildings now only block construction of the Tentacle Breeding Chamber, not the other buildings, and only in that holding, not the entire province. Infesting Stables now also automatically builds the Tentacle Breeding Chamber in addition to the Tentacle Lair.
  • The Consign to Tentacle Pit decisions are now treated as an execution by non-pro-tentacle relatives of the victim.
  • Tentacle culture rulers can castrate prisoners similar to the Byzantines. You can also no longer attempt to castrate tentacle monsters.
  • For players only, a new more versatile recruit option for tentacle monsters to recruit unlanded prisoners even if they are married, related to their liege, etc.

Requirements:
As a sub-mod of Tentacled Dreams, Tentacled Dreams Extended requires Tentacled Dreams version 4.6 or higher, as well as all dependencies thereof.
The TG event requires that you have Luxuria Fantasia (NSFW version) or Dark World Reborn installed and have futa content enabled.

Compatibility:
This mod is compatible with whatever Tentacled Dreams is compatible with, with the caveat that there may be graphical conflicts with any mod that also edits death icons or special troops icons.

Tentacle Dreams Extended will also require starting from a clean save.

Thanks to:
Cheri Song for all the hard work she's put into her wonderful mod
lockeslylcrit for all her work on her mods and her discord server.

Version History:
1.0 - Initial release
1.0.1 - Fixed text running over in an event

2 hours ago, SuccinctScrivener said:

I do not have any plans to do so at the moment. I'll probably be moving on to ck3 modding shortly.

Ohh man, i know it'll be months before anything of the sort comes out for ck3 but i'm really looking forward to it

In case you got a moment to do modifications ( I am aware that you are not planning it) I have some. 

- I would like to see  to opt probability based (e.g. based on intrigue it can sucess or fail).

- If you use LF and body parts mod everything works fine but you end as a female with genitals.

On 1/9/2021 at 12:47 AM, Celedhring said:

Well, CK3 is literally years before CK2 in terms of being fleshed out. Just saying.

Yeah, because CK2 won't be receiving any more updates what so ever, even bug fixes, you would think that modding would explode, since you no longer have to worry about a random bugfix, that say fixed accidental female blading, would break your mod entirely. Sadly, everyone seems to have moved on to CK3, which while great, doesn't have the content 2 does, nor the raw knowledge of the code, scripts and view models that came with CK2 being out so long and worked on so heavily. Sadly this does not seem to be the case in the slightest.

Hopefully in a year or so we will see CK3 expanded systems allow for more mod-ability than 2's, and I greatly hope to see the return of Tentacle Dreams in a bigger, badder, and more tenticular format. 

On 1/12/2021 at 5:13 AM, SamIAmHam said:

Are you going to finish the artifacts for tattoos, dress, armor, and strap on I see graphics for? 

I have no plans to do so currently. Those were old ideas before the tentacle cultist jewelry was added to TD. I wasn't really that happy with them, but left the images in the mod in case anybody else wants to do anything with them.

49 minutes ago, godball50 said:

Is immortality taken into account for the age cutoff on the MtF transformation chain?

Yes, as long as the character became immortal before turning 30.

17 hours ago, SuccinctScrivener said:

I have no plans to do so currently. Those were old ideas before the tentacle cultist jewelry was added to TD. I wasn't really that happy with them, but left the images in the mod in case anybody else wants to do anything with them.

If you'd like I can code the artifacts themselves and you handle the actual smithing events. How does that sound?

I have made some additions of my own in the past, updated it for the latest version and put it in here if anyone's interested.

Game rules:

Tentacleborn bloodline inheritance: if set, tentacleborn baby girls inherit all their mother's bloodlines (like other children 'without a father').

Partial Fetus Corruption: middle-ground between fetus corruption on and off, if a pregnant woman has sex with a tentacle monster the pregnancy continues as normal but the child will be a tentacleborn girl, she will be treated as a child of the original father.

I know some other people have made additions in the past, maybe it's an idea to compile them into one 'extras' mod?

Tentacled Dreams Extended.7z

18 hours ago, Armin487 said:

I have made some additions of my own in the past, updated it for the latest version and put it in here if anyone's interested.

Game rules:

Tentacleborn bloodline inheritance: if set, tentacleborn baby girls inherit all their mother's bloodlines (like other children 'without a father').

Partial Fetus Corruption: middle-ground between fetus corruption on and off, if a pregnant woman has sex with a tentacle monster the pregnancy continues as normal but the child will be a tentacleborn girl, she will be treated as a child of the original father.

I know some other people have made additions in the past, maybe it's an idea to compile them into one 'extras' mod?

Tentacled Dreams Extended.7z 1.5 MB · 5 downloads

The more the merrier

On 1/19/2021 at 9:29 PM, Armin487 said:

Game rules:

Tentacled Dreams Extended.7z 1.5 MB · 22 downloads

I had a similar idea, but even more advanced. My idea of partial fetus corruption was the following system:
-if the woman is pregnant but doesn't publicly display the pregnant perk yet, her pregnancy is replaced by a regular tentacle pregnancy. ("Early enough" for full corruption.)

-if the woman is already a couple months in, partial corruption takes hold. Any female children will be born as tentacle born girls. Any male children will be born as tentacle born girls with the futa trait. They won't gain the attractive trait unless they inherited it from their biological parents and they won't gain the asian goddess race, unless, again, they inherited it through natural means.

-I had an additional idea for tentacle born boys if corrupted during late-term pregnancy, but that would be too much of a hassle to fiddle around with unless you want to go way deep.

Never got around to it, but I will put the idea out there for anyone interested in implementing it.

2 hours ago, Wily Rodent said:

I had a similar idea, but even more advanced. My idea of partial fetus corruption was the following system:
-if the woman is pregnant but doesn't publicly display the pregnant perk yet, her pregnancy is replaced by a regular tentacle pregnancy. ("Early enough" for full corruption.)

-if the woman is already a couple months in, partial corruption takes hold. Any female children will be born as tentacle born girls. Any male children will be born as tentacle born girls with the futa trait. They won't gain the attractive trait unless they inherited it from their biological parents and they won't gain the asian goddess race, unless, again, they inherited it through natural means.

-I had an additional idea for tentacle born boys if corrupted during late-term pregnancy, but that would be too much of a hassle to fiddle around with unless you want to go way deep.

Never got around to it, but I will put the idea out there for anyone interested in implementing it.

The first two shouldn't be too hard to piggyback off what I've already done.

I changed the impregnate effect to give a corrupt flag instead of normal tentacle impregnation and then an on_birth event to actually change the child.

First is just a matter of checking for the actual pregnancy trait and if the mother has the trait do my corruption otherwise do normal replacement.

Second is change my on_birth event to check the original gender and if it's male add futa trait at the end of corruption (Pedit: Or just be lazy and add a 50% chance to give futa).

Third is indeed harder, firstly you'd need a way to determine what late-stage is, secondly the rest of the mod doesn't really support male tentacle-born so you'd either get no events or events that don't make sense as a male.

Honestly, my bit of input;

I think that the default setting still has too high of a chance of triggering for characters that are coming from childhood, as at default MtF setting probability I've seen three characters now end up getting the event within a month of turning 16. 

Secondly, I wish the transformation sequence had more options; an embracing path where you could openly accept it, as well as a "maybe but not right now" set of options.  This latter bit I mostly end up getting the feeling I want due to what was covered in the first point, but also when my character is off leading an army in war, it just doesn't quite mesh.  Maybe there should be a check for if the player character is leading armies?

Third, I just wish there were a corruptor version of it to use on NPCs.  lol