Looking for 2 Different Kinds of Heels!

Hey guys I'm looking for two different kinds of heels for my game, strappy heels like these from Late Night except "impossible-heel-ified" and one's like these Pleaser boots.

I thought for sure @JoshQ would have either of the two but not yet! Perhaps if I ask really nicely they will make some... O.O 

TIA!

strappy heels LN.jpg

pleaser.jpg

17 hours ago, biancabaileyxxx said:

strappy heels

Hmmm... I did those a while ago as default replacements, but what I made is crude, and only a very primitive, early effort by me, at making shoes. They do not have toes. What I did was to simply stretch the EA mesh and keep the images the same. Even ones I put effort into are no where near the quality of Josh's shoes.

I have also liked those ankle platforms. I have a pair (real life), although not so tall. I am still learning to make shoelaces with Blender, so have not tried to make sim shoes like those as yet.

No hay muchas sandalias altas con cordones (me gusta cómo se ven y las he buscado en muchas páginas) pero ninguna es de "tacones imposibles" ni de plataforma. RolloRolls y SilverMoon tienen los dos que más uso, Renansims

Tiene unos hasta la rodilla pero están hechos de cintas, no de encaje.

Finalmente Venusprincess tiene un accesorio para las piernas con solo los cordones, no sé si podría combinarlos con unos zapatos de la talla adecuada, les dejo las imágenes, las tres primeras creo que ya no tienen Links que trabajo, así que si te interesa te los envío por PM. El de Venusprincess tiene el nombre de la imagen y creo que no es difícil de encontrar, pero si queréis encontraré un enlace.

RolloRolls_Curbs_af_Shoes12.png

SilverMoon.PNG

Renansims.PNG

Santosfashions.jpg

5 hours ago, Patriguz said:

I like how they look

I also. But, if I were to attempt something like sandals, I would definitely use the feet that JoshQ made public for others to use. THAT means, I would have to craft the shoes around the feet. This is not something I have tried before. Boots I have made are actually EA meshes that I stretch and manipulate. I add vertices where I think I really need to, but never get as detailed as Josh. The platform ankle boots might be easier for me, but as I wrote, I am still trying to learn to make laces. There are a whole set of tools in Blender to understand, just to make laces that look nice.

6 hours ago, Patriguz said:

the first three I think they no longer have Links that work, so if you are interested I send them by PM. The one from Santos Fashion has the name in the image and I think it's not difficult to find, but if you want I'll find a link.

I'd love the first three! That would be amazing! Thank you! I'll leave the leg accessory for now but I appreciate it. But yea if you could pm me the first 3 I'd love that.

Also @LadySmoks I've heard that about laces! It definitely seems like a tricky process. If you're interested—I found some pleaser boots like these that someone made for TS4 so it would be a matter of converting to TS3... Which I've looked into but I don't have a PC right now (I'm on a Mac) so I cannot do the conversion myself, but perhaps you'd be interested?? I've attached a photo of what they look like and I can always pm you the sims 4 package file if you want to have a look.

ETA: These boots were actually originally made for TS3 by SimsIllusion but SimsIllusion has been gone for a long time now and the original TS3 package file was lost :'( . and THEN zvlaaa converted them to TS4 lol.. if only someone had the original package but apparently zvlaaa doesn't have the original TS3 package anymore either...

pleaser sims 3.png

3 hours ago, biancabaileyxxx said:

I found some pleaser boots

@Patriguz, @landess

Well, another of those things that I've been working on learning better... TS4 to TS3 conversions. TS4 legs are a little different, so a little adjusting, but nothing big. I have to remap them, and remake the textures to fit TS3 format, but I hope they go quickly. Think I'll also make a shorter pair, as these are VERY high platforms!

Capture.PNG.7696f6343dc3daa8a68ca6ed67f7e5fe.PNG

2 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Think I'll also make a shorter pair, as these are VERY high platforms!

I already make females a bit shorter just because of heels. I tend to 'move up' Sims during animations because they don't take into account the height adjustment made by the 'real' heels. So while others have wants for huge platforms I myself find them cause for even shorter women, and more adjustment steps during animations. And we all know once one starts making skeletal adjustments, animations begin to mis-align more and more.

6 hours ago, Patriguz said:

these others

Wow. One pair brings back memories...

2ND down/left side were a 'go to' pair I had years and years ago. There were two styles - with/without the leg/above ankle part. I just made them as solid black 'normal' heels and those worked great. Once I started using the Bloomsbase feet with 'real' toes, I stopped using anything which showed open toes per EA default. After having Madlen shoes for a while I finally found JoshQ's work, which I believe is what brought me to LoversLab to begin with.

Then with all the Skyrim stuff, I was hooked, and eventually became a supporter of the site.

Memories indeed......

AldehydebendsBalenciagaRiRiShoes.jpg

>>> I always stop and look when I see the Jurassica creations, but for some reason, while the shoes always look great in the photo's, I'm always disappointed when trying to use them in game. They either become corrupted by the slightest thing (slider use/accessory choices), are 'too big/size 14's', or need OSMP/raise Sim from floor (which messes with anything else worn having the Sim floating).

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well.... The proof is in the pudding. I used the Jurassica photo 'name' (JurasssicaXSantos-RihannaWorkCollectionOutfit1) as a search parameter, quickly found them and downloaded just the shoes. Placed the package and went to a fast load save to check them out. My subject is a Sim named/designed for Cecelia (Cece) Lion.

th?id=OIP.Qe-Gl_4yNI_CKdbolw38CgAAAA%26p

Sadly my fears were realized. First I removed her 'necklace' which helped with the corruption somewhat - and I had even chosen this particular one as it's one of the few that didn't mess with the JoshQ - open toed shoes. Still not 'flawless, I began swapping both tops and bottoms hoping for a better render - nothing helped and I wasn't going to go as far as changing the hair - enough is enough. Because of the aberration on the foot skin texture I changed multiple skin tones, but nothing I did there fixed it. So I thought 'Maybe' it'll go away when I return to 'live' game play. Nope. Jurassica shoes just don't like me, or they have been made 'obsolete' by something else in the game engine/mechanics/patch level - who knows?

Spoiler

Screenshot-648.jpg.7939e61fb3eab5ae937947830daea8b1.jpgScreenshot-650.jpg.4f065a137cabaaedf4af885553cc8394.jpgScreenshot-651.jpg.9544a78139a42ef8e21166a9327a372d.jpg

I'm starting to think that Jurassica photo has been 'touched up' or photoshopped as well. Closer examination does show something which looks like a seam on the inside of the foot which was 'conveniently' covered with the bottoms, and the 'texture' has additional detail not found as an ingame option or even possible using CAST. I'll stop there before I go off on a rant about snake oil salesmen and false advertising.

10 hours ago, landess said:

height adjustment made by the 'real' heels.

Ironically, something you could do in Animated Woohoo, in the xml... probably carried into Passion if using AW anims instead of KW. AW had "teen height fix". I was able to add for af as well.

But, as you adjust for Josh's shoes, and perhaps what I make, and others, most are 7 to 10 units raised (Josh usually 7 to 9). These platforms are 13+!!!

I played with the TS4 mesh a little. I need to look at bone weights around the ankles and laces. TS4 and TS3 af legs (whole body) are different proportions. Things like laces are always a PITA!

Spoiler

1.PNG.42f67e8c377e2592118690f62e4a613d.PNG

2.PNG.7f4a9e97effa48fb1532552abf848d3b.PNG

1 hour ago, LadySmoks said:

These platforms are 13+!!!

LOL, I know, right?

I don't even mess with heels unless they are 'real' and raise the Sim instead of chopping off part of the shin/calf. Once you see 'it', it's hard to un-see!

Spoiler

KOTH_Cotton-002.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

1 hour ago, landess said:

shin/calf

He got them blown off fighting the Nazis! Yes, I watch cartoons with my children... I mean son and husband... never mind... same things!

On 12/10/2020 at 6:49 PM, LadySmoks said:

Well, another of those things that I've been working on learning better... TS4 to TS3 conversions. TS4 legs are a little different, so a little adjusting, but nothing big. I have to remap them, and remake the textures to fit TS3 format, but I hope they go quickly. Think I'll also make a shorter pair, as these are VERY high platforms!

Amazing! Definitely post them here when you're done. They will be FABULOUS I'm sure. I also agree with the shorter platform. Those ones are so so high lol. I love a platform but not THAT much.

21 hours ago, Patriguz said:

I found these others but they are type "Gladiator Boots" for my taste they are very "horizontal" and I do not use them but maybe they interest you. I put the photos and you will tell me if they serve you.

Reveal hidden contents

853529510_JRSCAxSANTOSFRariThighHighHeels.thumb.jpg.38ee24439769f1f4c2fe5d96090d2040.jpg1193058434_JurasssicaXSantos-RihannaWorkCollectionOutfit1-.png.2a1db26a4ca521143530888289f54dfb.pngAldehydebendsBalenciagaRiRiShoes.jpg.a119ae5d4423f5c67efb0bbec83f7048.jpg1841810602_artsimsAquazurraTuttoBoots.jpg.e565bd694f7c15cca3443d23b06e9c52.jpgCbon73VersaceGladiatorBoots.jpg.d4696e3618cb7e9dfdc28db33a3f34c8.jpg

Wow!! Those Jurassica ones are amazing!! I love those!!!!

On 12/11/2020 at 10:29 AM, LadySmoks said:

Things like laces are always a PITA

That happens because each vertex has a different bone value that sadly isn’t in sync with the boots or legs, one solution if you don’t mind “static” laces is to paint them with the same value.

As for the request to make laced shoes I’m looking into it but so far my attempts have failed miserably, have some ideas how to fix it but right now I’m busy making other stuff.

1 hour ago, JoshQ said:

different bone value that sadly isn’t in sync with the boots or legs, one solution if you don’t mind “static” laces is to paint them with the same value.

This is what I have been working to become better at!!! )))) Well, one of the many things I continue to work to be better at... Remember... static bone painting is just one of MANY things you tried to teach me, which I simply did not understand well at first. I believe it was the choker dog collar I was making for Harley Quinn that this subject came up? Still, sometimes, Blender does not export painted meshes. Not sure why. 

So, on these boots, the laces were not too bad during morphs, but the bows were held by at least two groups, and became a mess. I separated the bows from the boots, removed all other bones, and painted them to only move with one bone each, left or right. Then, reattached the bows to the boots, exported them and used that as bone reference for the smooth object.

I am currently fixing the morphs as you taught me to do. But, again the bows distort, but not so much. I duplicate the base bows, and transfer those to the other morphs, and fix other things on those morphs. All was well, except the fit morph bows explode now! I am looking to find what I may have done wrong now. )))

1 hour ago, JoshQ said:

As for the request

Oh, I don't really do requests, but when someone posts something that I like, and think I would like to have in my game, and think I can do, then I give it a try. )))) I like these boots! )))))))

On 12/12/2020 at 10:17 AM, JoshQ said:

As for the request to make laced shoes I’m looking into it but so far my attempts have failed miserably, have some ideas how to fix it but right now I’m busy making other stuff.

Well I'm sure whatever you're working on will be great! I love your content always. Same goes for you @LadySmoks, I'm forever in y'alls debt lol. I'm excited to see what LadySmoks can do about these boots! I'm so happy you're taking them on.

23 minutes ago, biancabaileyxxx said:

I'm excited to see what LadySmoks can do about these boots

I also! ))) They go well. I think I have the morphs properly fixed. What @JoshQ probably refers to about laces is that they get stretched in very ugly ways by morphs. Fortunately, these laces do not go very high as they are short boots, and they are not very wide. I had to make some adjustments, but they look okay. The small eyelets also did not stretch too badly, and I got them pretty good also. I am seeing how they look now.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, simsillusionlove said:

I was the creator of the original Pleaser boots and the person behind Simsillusion

I wish you had found us in December! It was a bit of work, but I hope I did okay in converting your boots back from TS4 to TS3. I gave you credit on my upload page, as it appeared to be a dead link, but I can change it if you wish.