[mod] Carnal Consequences

21 hours ago, Siudhne said:

Hmm, they don't look too bad at first glance, maybe as a game rule.

Could you add a hostile scheme where rape is possible? Consequences could be gaining lover's pox or pregnant or level of fame and piety loss. Rivals with lovers pox could attempt to rape in order to pass on that disease reducing their stress and critically raising yours. For example being raped by a rival would be 1 entire level being raped by a rival and getting lovers pox as a result could be a 2 level breakdown. and if possible a chaste character could have the possibility of suicide?

4 hours ago, Dragul17 said:

Could you add a hostile scheme where rape is possible? Consequences could be gaining lover's pox or pregnant or level of fame and piety loss. Rivals with lovers pox could attempt to rape in order to pass on that disease reducing their stress and critically raising yours. For example being raped by a rival would be 1 entire level being raped by a rival and getting lovers pox as a result could be a 2 level breakdown. and if possible a chaste character could have the possibility of suicide?

I'm not sold on the idea, but either way it's too much work for myself anyway. For a new scheme you'd need multiple outcome events and probably multiple in-between events, all of which need text and coding.

On 6/17/2022 at 3:26 AM, Siudhne said:

I'm not sold on the idea, but either way it's too much work for myself anyway. For a new scheme you'd need multiple outcome events and probably multiple in-between events, all of which need text and coding.

Ah I get it but still the amount of hostile events that happen to the player is ridiculously low. I don't like losing on purpose and I've never been abducted

10 hours ago, Dragul17 said:

Ah I get it but still the amount of hostile events that happen to the player is ridiculously low. I don't like losing on purpose and I've never been abducted

Oh, I fully agree. Hence why I liked the idea of increasing player abductions... however, it still seems to happen virtually never, so I've probably got to revisit that feature in the future.

2 hours ago, Siudhne said:

Oh, I fully agree. Hence why I liked the idea of increasing player abductions... however, it still seems to happen virtually never, so I've probably got to revisit that feature in the future.

Maybe an event/on_action that forces an AI rival to start the abduct scheme on you?

Or replace the entire thing by an event?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
18 hours ago, krappaclub said:

This mods cause seduce scheme power to ignore lots of modifier like temptation focus, lustful trait etc.

I noticed this was the case while using this mod as well. Based on my limited testing it appears that overriding common\schemes\seduce_scheme.txt causes modifiers to stop applying to seduce schemes. Deleting the override of this file included with the mod solves the issue, but you obviously also lose Carnal Consequences' effect on seduce schemes entirely, so it's not ideal.

• 8 months later...

I'm glad to see that you, the author, have updated. This is the latest localization, which is based on the Chinese localization within your module and the localization of Cx330-d. I have already made it before today, and it took me some time to ask if the localization creators who have previously made this module are still willing to make localization. Fortunately, I have obtained his consent.

simp_chinese.zip

Suggestion for "Carnal Consequences"

Bastards or bastard parent with "secret" player parent can blackmail to gain hook on the player, or start an event where they demand money/titles/advisor/court positions. Or maybe demand warding their offspring since its the players too. In other words, more consequences for fortification.

After 1.5 Paradox made the change that NPC parents can't blackmail the player over their own child heritage, which makes little sense since a lowborn or a low tier noble would still stand to benefit from exposing their child as ruler's bastard with potential claims to titles rather than not.

Ultimately there is no rhyme or reason why parents expose bastards at the moment, seems more RNG than anything.

Edited by Durante
On 12/29/2023 at 5:30 AM, Dark_Crow said:

I'm glad to see that you, the author, have updated. This is the latest localization, which is based on the Chinese localization within your module and the localization of Cx330-d. I have already made it before today, and it took me some time to ask if the localization creators who have previously made this module are still willing to make localization. Fortunately, I have obtained his consent.

simp_chinese.zip 6.47 kB · 3 downloads

Thanks, appreciated!

Ideas for women to offset the male Prowess bonus:

- Women are far more likely to be enslaved/recruited/concubined/ransomed for a favor when imprisoned (historical). 

- Women are far less likely to be killed in siege/combat (also historical)

- Bonus to Intrigue/Diplomacy

- Bonus to attractiveness. 

Edited by SoCalExile
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2023 at 8:32 PM, HBoo said:

Thanks for the update. Everything works fine except for a crash during a hunting event. 

confirm. Had this annoying crashes. Disabling CC helped.
Error log:

[11:12:29][jomini_script_system.cpp:276]: Script system error!
  Error: Undefined event target 'county'
  Script location: file: events/activities/hunt_activity/cc_hunt_events.txt line: 55

Error: Event target link 'scope' returned an unset scope
  Script location: file: events/activities/hunt_activity/cc_hunt_events.txt line: 55

Error: scope:county trigger [ Failed context switch ]

That's 55 line

weight_multiplier = {
        base = 1
        modifier = {
            add = -0.5
            employs_court_position = master_of_hunt_court_position
        }
        modifier = {
            add = 10
            scope:county = { has_county_modifier = county_corruption_bandits_rampant_modifier }
        }
    }

Hope it will help to detect the issue

Edited by BlindGuard
On 1/17/2024 at 3:21 PM, BlindGuard said:

confirm. Had this annoying crashes. Disabling CC helped.
Error log:

That's 55 line

Hope it will help to detect the issue

Thanks, that helps a lot. Seems they replaced scope:county altogether. Uploading a new version with the fix, untested, as I don't have time to test right now.

Edited by Siudhne