Mad Companionship Spells, MCS Extension & HumanTouchNPC!

greg' date=' i have problem on companion double face bug. And the UOP (unoffcial oblivion patch) double face spell fix doesn't works on the MCS companion.:(

[/quote']

Is the companion a respawnable NPC? Respawn's are bad no matter which system for companions you use. Even the UOP fix for CM partners only "sort of" works.

A possible fix for such NPCs could be opening the console, clicking on the character in question and then using the commands kill immediately followed by resurrect 1 - it should reset characters to their default state. The addition of '1' revives them on the spot, resurrect makes them disappear and reappear in their original position instead ("NPC Bla Bla picked package wander bla bla...").

Spells like 'Fix Idle' from VipCxj's 'Real High Heels' or changing their hair/eyes with his 'Hair Eye Extend' system should also act as an NPC reset, at least that's my observation.

Does this alter NPCs stats? Or is it just CM Partners that makes them stubbornly refuse to die.

MCS does not alter stats at all. The "refuse to die" is typically when the NPC is marked as essential by the mod that added them (some vanilla npc's are marked as essential so they can't die and break quest lines). You can get around this by using a mod like one of these to defeat the essential flags while in game:

A). http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/8414

B). http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/20509

Be aware that if you make an npc non-essential that is a quest giver you can break quest lines by killing them.

Does this alter NPCs stats? Or is it just CM Partners that makes them stubbornly refuse to die.

MCS does not alter stats at all. The "refuse to die" is typically when the NPC is marked as essential by the mod that added them (some vanilla npc's are marked as essential so they can't die and break quest lines). You can get around this by using a mod like one of these to defeat the essential flags while in game:

A). http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/8414

B). http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/20509

Be aware that if you make an npc non-essential that is a quest giver you can break quest lines by killing them.

Sorry, I didn't mean that they drop and get back up. I'm talking about that they... won't go down.

They're level 1, like me, so 6 goblins should be able to put one of my companions down. Nope, even their health bar is too stubborn to go down.

I guess it's really out of balance, since Partner Script gives them almost the same amount of health as you do. They're regenerating life also, but I couldn't find any health regen in that script. Does it?

That's my biggest issue. Partners are way too beefy to use currently.

Yea, CMpartners are usually set to key off of your stats and tend to be a bit "uber" so I hear you on that. MCS takes them just how they are. Now remember that some vanilla NPC's are already set to key off of your stats and level so don't be surprised if you find one by accident like that. You can always pop open the CS and look at npc's to see if they key off of your PC or not.

Did you start a new game or at the bare minimum make a clean save with all CM partners core and plugins disabled? Unless you do one of these two the scripts are still in the saved game and thus will remain active.

Also, did you rebuild your bashed patch?

Did you start a new game or at the bare minimum make a clean save with all CM partners core and plugins disabled? Unless you do one of these two the scripts are still in the saved game and thus will remain active.

Also' date=' did you rebuild your bashed patch?

[/quote']

Are you 100% positive it isn't MCS causing this? I just did a test. I gave my NPC an ability that damages 1 health per second. When I encountered her, her health was dropping. I had her follow me though CM Partners, her health is still going down. Then I had her follow me though MCS and her health is yet again shooting for the stars.

I did this all over again, and equipped her with a regen ring to stop the health loss and it stays put, until I use MCS on her.

I never did encounter this issue way back when I toke new CM Partners for a test run. I'm now noticing this when I started trying MCS out.

Also, I don't have Wyre Bash. Why is everyone expected to use it...

Wrye bash is very useful and one of its many uses is the bashed patch.

I can't promise that a CMPartners mixed with MCS is going to work properly. Try using an random NPC from the game that has nothing to do with CMPartners for a true test.

Oh yeah, it was MCS...

I found a spell in it. Actually, a lesser power that's mentioned in the MCS scripts. Adding 2 health for like, 60000 seconds. I checked out MCS before, but didn't look at the lesser powers.

I replaced the restore health for feather, and now she's dropping unconscious every second while following me(since I still left the damage health ability on her).

I tried to get Bash to work before. I have no patience for it.

Well, depending on what mods you may have and how many you "can" get away with not using it. It does add a good deal of stability to your game.

There is a pictorial guide at the nexus to walk you through it if that helps: http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/35230

I did not realize (mainly because I was too lazy to look) that MCS did have some spells in it. Sorry if I mislead you.

[/quote']

Are you 100% positive it isn't MCS causing this? I just did a test. I gave my NPC an ability that damages 1 health per second. When I encountered her, her health was dropping. I had her follow me though CM Partners, her health is still going down. Then I had her follow me though MCS and her health is yet again shooting for the stars.

I did this all over again, and equipped her with a regen ring to stop the health loss and it stays put, until I use MCS on her.

I never did encounter this issue way back when I toke new CM Partners for a test run. I'm now noticing this when I started trying MCS out.

Yes, by default MCS companions have an auto-heal power. You can turn it off in one of the options menus - I'm not sure if its in the 'Configuration' section of the MCS book or the MCS extension spell, but it's definitely there.

[/quote']

Yes, by default MCS companions have an auto-heal power. You can turn it off in one of the options menus - I'm not sure if its in the 'Configuration' section of the MCS book or the MCS extension spell, but it's definitely there.

Should I use the MCS Extension 1.15? I didn't see anything for that in the book or spells.

I was recently recommended these mods listed for this thread by loverslab Greg the great(gregahit) :)

& these are amazing mods indeed! Thank you so much for making this possible.

I went through and everything seems to be in order and functional so far.

edit: Was it intended by the mod Human Touch that every npc ingame have the added dialogue option "Passing a gift"? just wanted to be clear in case my game was messing up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I really enjoy this companion system, however there is one thing I really liked about the companion share and recruit system that is missing from MCS is the ability to order NPCs to unlock chests and doors, especially when having rogue companions. Any chance we might see such addition at some point?

I really enjoy this companion system' date=' however there is one thing I really liked about the companion share and recruit system that is missing from MCS is the ability to order NPCs to unlock chests and doors, especially when having rogue companions. Any chance we might see such addition at some point?

[/quote']

definitely true. it was one of the main features i loved, though i havent ever seen it in my own game, but in the demo video. also i am sometimes confused, as CM companions do have both dialogue options and thus are a little tricky to manage. also MCS sometimes doesnt reckon companions, but do so for random people who are following me by script (jaufre, martin, baurus) and wont be companions in any way.

• 2 weeks later...