The strange case of the blinker"Sims3Logs.bin"

Greetings. I have a query, usually when I install or uninstall CC, I delete the 5 document cache files, but sometimes I find that the "Sims3Logs.bin" file does not appear, As a precaution I copy and paste one of the backup copy, but not I know if it is important or why it disappears sometimes. Has it happened to anyone?

5 hours ago, Patriguz said:

when I install or uninstall CC, I delete the 5 document cache files, but sometimes I find that the "Sims3Logs.bin" file does not appear

do you mean remove CC packages from the mod folder or uninstall sim3pack using the launcher ?

However, may be we have different versions installed, but I do not see a Sims3Logs.bin file. I see a file called Sims3Logs.xml only.

Anyway, I am used to delete prior game start every game created file except  Options.ini and tslus.bin. The files in WorldChatches and in Thumpnails too and sometimes the files in the SigsCache. But must say that I do not have anything but game created files in the ElectronicArts/Sims 3 root folder.

5 hours ago, Patriguz said:

Sims3Logs.bin

As Clydie said there’s only a ‘sims3log.xml’ file and judging by its contents it’s probably what EA retrieves when telemetry is turned on and it’s generated every time the game starts.

I delete it several times a week without any problems and it shouldn’t cause any.

First of all Thanks for the help.

The 5 underlined in blue are the ones that I always delete after modifying something in the game (in any folder) The red marking appears or disappears sometimes, but when it is not in the folder, the game takes much longer to load, so when I clear the cache I see that it is not there, I copy and paste it from a backup copy and everything comes back to go well. It is not a great annoyance, it is more a curiosity to know what it is and what the hell it is for.

Captura.PNG

The socialCache is used for the EA store - if you have that 'turned off' or ignore it in game, there is no need to bother with that 'cache'.

It 'might' also be connected to sharing performing Sims with the Showtime feature. I just found a cheat to unlock all the rewards given by EA for participating in that debacle.

Remember - I use ALL disks/no online - so my DOCS will look slightly different. I'll even unplug my modem if using the 'launcher' - fuck EA spyware!

Spoiler

Blink.png.0aa4048fa7d5c21d829d371533faf7eb.png

One 'can' delete this entire folder in DOCS and it WILL be recreated just like an original install, but EVERYTHING in those folders would be lost (unless manually saved). So yeah..... for me without an archive and doing this would be losing about 10 years of progress.

It is possible, I have read somewhere that the "bin" extension is related to dvd / cd loading ,,, and I play with all expansions loaded from CDs, (except Kate Perry of course), and I have version 1.69.

As I said it is more a curiosity of layman in the matter than a problem, it is enough for me to copy it again from the Backup and everything works fine again, ("Fine" in EA terms of course, which is not too high a standard , But that is another story) ?

6 hours ago, Patriguz said:

and I have version 1.69.

Bet, this causes the different.

What is behind this Kate Perry stuff ?

Think there are more worse or let's say SPs with less usable stuff available - in terms of clothes I mean.

At least you can recolor them and just ignore the candy premises.

7 hours ago, Patriguz said:

I have version 1.69

Then it’s probably the same telemetry file but this time EA retrieves it via Origin. Deleting it shouldn’t affect your game.

‘Bin’ it’s also short for ‘binary’ and could refer to a program or just a file that contains information, you can store the contents of a disc (photos, music, etc) inside a ‘.bin’, or libraries for an application to read from.

My only grip with KP’s expansion is that it wasn’t integrated into Showtime, that would have made more sense than a standalone pack full of stuff that can be barely used outside a candy store/themed world.

1 hour ago, Clydie said:

Think there are more worse or let's say SPs with less usable stuff available - in terms of clothes I mean.

At least you can recolor them and just ignore the candy premises.

It's just for joking, in all the rankimgs it is considered the worst expansion ,,,

In fact I have some recolors of outfits from that expansion (the girl scout outfit can give a lot of play in a pole bar  ? ? and some more) but I liked very few things of that expansion to buy it.