Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Ok on N7 day it was announced that a Mass Effect Legendary edition would be coming out possibly in the first quarter of 2021, around March maybe. Supposedly this is a complete repackage of ALL 3 Mass Effect games in the original trilogy upgraded and optimized for 4K UHD. My question to you is .

1. Does anyone think this is worth a 60 dollar price tag. (with ALOT and ALOVE we're already able to get 4k)

2. The 60 dollar price tag includes all weapon, armor and content DLC's but I haven't heard if their was any bug fixing or just a graphical upgrade, if it did NOT get bug fixed and upgraded other than visuals does it make sense to purchase it other than as a collector item?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Oldwolf58 

IIRC the reveal info specifically mentioned that it wasn't a remake, just a graphical improvement. Honestly I would have been a lot more excited if it was a complete remake of the trilogy to current standards, limited visual enhancements while the games themselves are ultimately the same just isn't that appealing to me. I'd rather play the original versions I've already spent a good bit of money on and deal with the outdated engine with mods to make things a bit better. I learnt my lesson when I got excited over another remaster and it sorely disappointed me. I was just glad I'd got that one as part of a deal with a newer game rather than wasting money on it.

I can't help but feel like a lot of games lately are neglecting good content for the sake of looking pretty. There's a reason games like Oblivion and Fallout are still so popular even though they're a decade or more out of date visually. Mass Effect is the same, we don't need new lighting or reflections, they should be a bonus to good gameplay.

4 hours ago, Kargrin said:

Oh boi, they're really trying to sell a Mass Effect: HD? Upscaling a game to 4k will be enough?

For consoles, yes.

1. This is a remaster, not a remake. The only changes are how weapons handle in 1, and there is no MP or MP boosting of readiness score in 3.

2. All DLC is included, including vendor specific content like the Indra and Vortex Cannon and full dx12 support.

3. For PC players with ALOT and MG's bugfixes, there's basically no incentive to get this other than new hipoly models for SNPCs.

4. The  ending is still a literal lie and ripoff and Mac Walters is still a hack.

8 hours ago, 27X said:

For consoles, yes.

1. This is a remaster, not a remake. The only changes are how weapons handle in 1, and there is no MP or MP boosting of readiness score in 3.

2. All DLC is included, including vendor specific content like the Indra and Vortex Cannon and full dx12 support.

3. For PC players with ALOT and MG's bugfixes, there's basically no incentive to get this other than new hipoly models for SNPCs.

4. The  ending is still a literal lie and ripoff and Mac Walters is still a hack.

Oh, I hadn't considered the ending. This was their perfect opportunity to remake ME3 as the writers originally intended it to be instead of that halfhearted DLC ending they plucked out of the ether. Some sort of Writer's Edition remake would have been far better than a glorified HD mod, because let's be honest, that's what they're selling.