Baldur's Gate 3 nude mod?

It wouldn't surprise me if there's nude models (in the full game, if not early access) somewhere in the files, because in one of the recent videos they were showing Larian staff working at their computers on what looked to be a sex scene with at least topless nudity at 7:13 - (censored but probably still nsfw) video in spoiler.

Spoiler

Edit:  Just stumbled across this reddit thread (which, if it gets deleted, has a pic of a glitch where the clothes aren't on and it's got nipples for the women, but does have a barbie doll crotch): https://old.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/j6yzof/well_thats_an_interesting_texture_issue/

So it seems there's definitely nude skins in the game, a modder just has to figure out how to remove the default underwear (which may be easy or hellishly hard. I don't know).

5 hours ago, Andarus said:

As far as I know its basically the same Engine as DOS2, so I would not expect great Modding-Support.

Devs have said they will release modding tools/SDK for homebrew modules with this one. One would suspect modeling support. 

BG3 is going to have a lot of popularity when it comes out so I expect there to be modders willing to make content for it. RE2R was a complete mystery when it came out but it was so popular that people figured it out. Now there's tons of mods for that game and RE3R. As for the mod toolkit that has been promised, I can't say I'm completely sold on that. I'm sure that making a toolkit for a game that isn't made in the gamebryo engine is probably pretty hard. (Not to hate on the work of Bethesda but they have barely updated their engine at all in twenty years.)

It has to be said that usually companies add things like mod support after the game is released, and by released I mean version 1.0 release, not alpha/early access like we've currently got for Baldur's Gate 3 - they may even want to deliberately avoid putting out mod kits just in case it causes new issues/crashes while it's still not in full release (so they're not spending time trying to figure out what's causing a crash only to realise it's due to a 3rd party 'unlimited weight' mod or something). So even if a mod kit will exist for this, it might not exist for... I've heard it's likely to be a year for early access on this one?

Just the simple matter of hiding the underwear model at least would be awesome.  Hopefully someone manages that sometime soon.  I'm positive I saw the nude in-game body with nipples on it already.  My character was running around in her underwear, and I drank a potion, the underwear disappeared for a second, then re-appeared again.  Haven't been able to re-create it though.

Edit: Yep, just read the above post with the link to the pic, that's what I saw too. 

6 hours ago, AjuntaPall316 said:

Just the simple matter of hiding the underwear model at least would be awesome.  Hopefully someone manages that sometime soon.  I'm positive I saw the nude in-game body with nipples on it already.  My character was running around in her underwear, and I drank a potion, the underwear disappeared for a second, then re-appeared again.  Haven't been able to re-create it though.

Edit: Yep, just read the above post with the link to the pic, that's what I saw too. 

What potion is that? I want to know?

On 10/9/2020 at 5:21 AM, Andarus said:

DOS2 had Mods too, but no Texture/Mesh Editor.

That's because there was licensing disagreements over it.  Can't remember which company it was but they wanted an insane amount of money to include it into the toolkit and the devs decided against it.  Though talented modders have cobbled together texture and mesh editing now, with BG3 we should see repeated improvements in that.  Similar to what happened with Witcher 3, which also had the same problem of a company wanting insane amounts of money to include it into a mod kit(and a royalty on every install of the mod kit).

12 hours ago, Zakeriel said:

BIG request - can same be done for male chars. I didnt care that they would have barbie anatomy. i just want them naked.

Unfortunately a limitation of the reimport function of quickbms is you can only reimport files that are smaller in size than the file you are replacing within the PAK. All of the male nude model files are larger than their underwear models (why, I don't know) so you can't just swapped them, that's why I didn't include males in mod I posted above. It was just luck that all the female nude model files are smaller than their underwear models files.

Fortunately there's now a workaround for this size limitation, Norbyte's LSlib tool supports creating PAK files for Baldur's Gate 3.  So you can just unpack the Models.pak file, swap the underwear model file (it'll be something like "<race>_<gender>_CLT_Tieflings_Underwear_A.GR2") with that of the nude model file ("<race>_<gender>_NKD_Body_A.GR2"), then create a new Models.pak file with LSlib.

This method means creating a new PAK file each time you want to make a change and isn't really practical for mod distribution but it works and it's easy to do, and it doesn't take that long for LSlib to pack the files anyway.

Anon, BIG thank you for updated tools. I figured which file corresponds to naked and undies meshes myself, but i encountered exact problem of bigger files. New tools worked perfectly, finally allowing my savage elf to discard hated clothes.

Again, THank you for helping me to undress my char.

20201014152413_1.jpg

20201014152416_1.jpg

19 hours ago, Zakeriel said:

Anon, BIG thank you for updated tools. I figured which file corresponds to naked and undies meshes myself, but i encountered exact problem of bigger files. New tools worked perfectly, finally allowing my savage elf to discard hated clothes.

Again, THank you for helping me to undress my char.

20201014152413_1.jpg

20201014152416_1.jpg

hey man, would you kindly share?