12 hours ago, Village Idiot said:

Fuckin' Hell. I figured it out...
Yeah, the mistake was installing it under C:/TheKlub17 instead of C:/TheKlub17V10...

But anyway, I managed to launch the game.
Hook5 doesn't work. There are no eyebrows. This normal?

Maybe you're not using the right size texture while you have the 4k mod enabled, or you're using a 4k texture without it. Also make sure directx is selected in the launcher, if you meant to say that the hook effect isn't visible at all. Other than that, no idea what's up.

Personally I can't get the game to launch at all with hook5$. When I have basic I can make it a couple screens deep into the main menu before it crashes. (EDIT: Figured out basic; I just had conflicts between my room txxes and what was in activemod, rookie mistake. Paid is still fucked). 'Funny since it works ok(ish) on my potato laptop - so I know I'm installing it right - but not on my new(er) rig. My dx drivers are updated, and I got the redistributables that are recommended. What do? Give up until I replace my old nvidia graphics card, probably.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2021 at 9:19 PM, Village Idiot said:

Hey, old timer here. Dating back for the Razyuli days. I lurked and sometimes gave suggestions so nobody remembers me, probably.

Having a lot of trouble with this install
Is it even compatible with Hook Basic?
Do I even need Hook5 to run it? (I shouldn't)
Really, a buck for the only thing that makes TK17 look decent, graphic-wise? That's very worth it. Remember that people give the time they could be doing anything else for your enjoyment. But anyway, back to my problems.

I did what was asked in a .txt half buried among tha maze of folders. Then installed everything form the Mega folder.
Game runs. But only in OpenGL mode (so, no Hook) and withouth any of the 68GB of content in ActiveMod.
 I've installed everything to the ? drive. Checked registry, checked every config file and pointed them all to the ? drive install. ActiveMod stuff still doesn't load.
What may I be doing wrong? Documentation makes several references to ? drive. Perhaps dp16 missed a line that pointed to D somewhere?
Maybe the folder should be named TheKlub17V10 instead of just TheKlub17?
Also, when trying to launch options manager, I get this error:

image.png.138903fdb324cd8585ae562a21f6538b.png

About Hook5:
I installed the Basic version. Getting several missing .dll on the main_fxerrors log. All the files referenced are on the Binaries folder though.
I'm not missing drivers or installed it wrong. I have a v7.5 game installed that was using Hook4. Deleted the old version files, installed Hook5 and presto, it works.

So what am I doing wrong?

Hook5 works now but for some reason i cant get skins to show up....im installing a fresh full updated version of vx with paid full hook5 and moving all addon folders to just 1 addons. Maybe something might happen. Im thinking the guy modded it specifically to do one thing...so ima try modding it how i would install mods. idk wish me luck

16 minutes ago, halkive said:

Hook5 works now but for some reason i cant get skins to show up....im installing a fresh full updated version of vx with paid full hook5 and moving all addon folders to just 1 addons. Maybe something might happen. Im thinking the guy modded it specifically to do one thing...so ima try modding it how i would install mods. idk wish me luck

You also need to run Regedit and put all your paths to Which ever HDD you installed it on...if you have multiple downloads of that game...your registry can only pick up one of em   -Windows+R = true  Hkey_current_user>Software>TeamK17>Klub10     change   Data_  Rightclick  name_modify :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...