Repacks

This thread will serve as way for people to easily get introduced to the game and avoid the hassle of installing the game. Repacks was originally made in 7.5 and the function and goals was simple; cut down loading time, organize the addon folder (hence the term repacks). As time went on and more experience modders used them, they cut out certain items from them to further improve load time (items cut could of been; rooms, clothes, toys, functions, etc) and they started repacking core mods. Repacks are basically an individuals "full" game (usually from someone who is either a modder or someone that knows what their doing) and he/her decided to share to the community. (VX repacks only. 7.5 is the outdated version and VX is the current version).

Currently, with the few VX repacks I've seen or that has been thought about, its strictly about getting VX up and running and having all the essentials and playing in a short time; rooms, clothes, toys, items, etc. Many of the errors that 7.5 had is due to the core mods repacks, that is solved within just VX.

Warning

Repacks are different from 1 another. If it comes from a modder, its likely that its highly modified from the actual core version. Those changes range from; changing the default bodies and face to another version, different cloth add-ons and mods are used so they can fit on their custom models, different UI, reshuffling of sliders/options/etc. Some repacks are not highly modified and similar to the actual version, they just carry the essential mods and addon and minor changes that are not noticeable.

Always read what you are getting yourself into. Repacks are often not endorsed (especially those that are highly modified) but never the less some will get a pass, there was no harm or ill intention of the user for sharing his/her game. Any errors/problem will most likely be blown out of portotion.

Also - as the game has moved away 7.5 and we are using VX, it advised to not use any 7.5 repacks on VX - as it can create many errors and hinder the full and proper experience of VX. And repacks posted here should be made around VX.

dp16 VX

MG user dp16 posted his version back in MG. I'm posting it here, because it was mention and posted in the general discussion. It should be explained instead of throwing it out there and adding confusion. If dp16 wants to create post to better showcase his repack/game, I would welcome it and delete this one.

dp16 VX version is highly modified, never the less, its a solid introduction for those wanting to hop on the game with a ton of mods.

https://mega.nz/folder/JJQwiSib#4hKLfhVoF2W0jiI0qS9HhA

12 minutes ago, pes1972 said:

Yes, the reason i gave the link earlier was exactly because it was posted by himself as a link for all to use free

It shouldn't be thrown out randomly. You should know of the mess that MG is. You can't find the proper answer for a certain issue without having to dig through multiple threads and topics. And read the description - without any explanation, people won't know what they are getting themselves into and countless of creating topics of the same questions can be created - again, you should know this.

7 hours ago, boomshanka said:

This folder structure is a complete mess. How the hell are you supposed to find anything? Or, for that matter, understand how any of it interacts. 

Running ActiveMod Helper on the AM folder brings up so, so many errors.

And zips inside the AM folder are password protected.

Some are because you need Paid hook 5 at a higher tier and there is a readme in there. I'd suggest you look at it.

22 minutes ago, boomshanka said:

I have looked at the readme. It is gargantuan and utterly confusing. Just look at the crap you have to do to even get this working. 

Including password protected files in a repack achieves nothing. Adding a line buried in a readme buried in a folder buried in another folder that says "pay for them" achieves even less.

I stand by what I said. This 'repack' is a mess. The AM folder alone is 70GB, and even the most perfunctory of scans will show that a large percentage of it is useless.

Truthfully, I'm using my own build. Call it different taste. Still, my warning should be taken into account. I looked at dp16 files and it pretty forward (perhaps because I've fiddle with the game and know what the hell it is being said). But when you are comparing his VX repack to those shared for 7.5. This is most simply to follow and install. As for the password protected files. Perhaps you need to buy those stuff from someone. Otherwise ignore them.

8 hours ago, boomshanka said:

I have looked at the readme. It is gargantuan and utterly confusing. Just look at the crap you have to do to even get this working. 

Including password protected files in a repack achieves nothing. Adding a line buried in a readme buried in a folder buried in another folder that says "pay for them" achieves even less.

I stand by what I said. This 'repack' is a mess. The AM folder alone is 70GB, and even the most perfunctory of scans will show that a large percentage of it is useless.

With repacks...well you are at the mercy of the person who created it.  DP16's repack did make sense to me as I have become familiar enough with the game to understand whats going on.  However some may say it is a mess because they don't fully understand what DP16 did.  That said there was a few things I actually took from the repack and brought into my game.  Specifically a few scripts he had that slimmed down unnecessary unused fields in the game...especially if you are using Hook 5 Paid skin system. As for the addon's I stayed away from most of them as they are built specifically for his modified Dismid Female 7 body aka Female 7 Curvy, which by the way doesn't have a fully functional pussy.

How does a body in a sex game not have a fully functional pussy.  Anyway..just my 2 cents.

• 2 weeks later...

DO NOT INCLUDE HOOK 5 Premium in ANY listings or repacks..

THAT FUCKING BASTARD WAS THE ONE WHO NUKED MODSGARDEN and TKSHELTER.. he got rich then threw everyone under the bus.

He tore the community apart.. then after half of the effort was behind importing scene into Hook 5 and the other half still behind Hook 4.. HE STRUCK.

MAY THAT JERK GET A STD THAT PUT HIM IN A GRAVE!

That said.. 

I have found a clean TK4R and a Slim Edition II.

TK4R has not FFF threesome scenes nor MFF scenes. No ANY FF with M scenes.. it's pretty shit..

packer creep included a bunch of MFM scenes.. with? Oreo Cookie icons. 

No cinnamon, no butterscotch, no caramel, no sweet curry, no lemon, no lime, no rice, just a weirdo with double chocolate and artificial vanilla fetish.

Should have made it a kosher cracker/marshmallow between to milk chocolate bars.. but no..

That isn't what these days are about.

I haven't tried the Slim Edition II...

I had a portable edition once that I recompressed myself. I think it was 10Gb. 

Considering how things are going..  And everyone is suffering...  Should I be stupid enough to pay-tree-on drive recoveries of ages long gone. And hope I have animations and poses that are lost in time.. No, I wouldn't do that. BECAUSE that is a non-man move. That is burning bundle of sticks move... but hosting it myself? impossible. U.S. DSL/Cable Modem is SHIT.

I DO know how expensive it is to host and run a BBS.. Elitism runs deep EVERYWHERE. Even some little shit 13 year old playing God over his minecraft server is getting paid bank for stolen content on a stolen codebase he got started on.. And everyone is under his thumb because he convinced them like ZUCC that he was the best person to trust.. 

Right? right. It's so insane and simple.. you know it's true. Anyone who still remembers fondly The Klub has some XP and some years under their belt. So the expression of. "Truth is stranger then fiction." Oracle bought Toad.. Oracle bought Sun Microsystems. Even JavaSDK has corruption now.

What did we expect.. we weren't guarded enough against bastards like that. That "LIGHTING and VFX" fetish to become real.. WILL BE THE DEATH OF YOU. JUST LIKE IT FUCKED GPU market for RTX... Please. learn this isn't new this is reinventing the wheel.

Haul what every knowledge and dynamics and outfits and poses you know here and to f95z. no you won't get along. Those are early zoomers that still have shame.. We? Gen X tail-ies. Yeah. We know.

P.M. in about a week if you really want to find a clean link to Slim Edition II (it's a bit smol.. like umm.. not good. all compressed.. the TK4R extracted and portable is 1.2 Gb.. And yes... I'm seeing most links on vipergals still breathing a bit.

Don't be lax, could be the last chance to grab some of those FFM, FFF, FFxFF, and cum-swapping FFFFM animation scenes..  Either way physics are still 7-8 of 10. Good luck, I'll check in one week. It is sad that mods garden was hit with a sql bomb.. shit I even e-mailed the admin and TOLD him.. "Ummm.. Im getting sql error page messages and debug logs.. Might be a good idea to patch the DB. and THIS was WHEN I registered. 2 or 3 years back.."

Good luck space cowboys.. I will be listening. 

On 9/30/2020 at 2:37 PM, Mr_Smoke said:

dp16 VX

MG user dp16 posted his version back in MG. I'm posting it here, because it was mention and posted in the general discussion. It should be explained instead of throwing it out there and adding confusion. If dp16 wants to create post to better showcase his repack/game, I would welcome it and delete this one.

dp16 VX version is highly modified, never the less, its a solid introduction for those wanting to hop on the game with a ton of mods.

https://mega.nz/folder/JJQwiSib#4hKLfhVoF2W0jiI0qS9HhA

Mods don't load
Missing a binary for optionsmanager
Readme file lacks attention to detail

On 10/20/2020 at 8:13 AM, HiShmexDrive said:

DO NOT INCLUDE HOOK 5 Premium in ANY listings or repacks..

THAT FUCKING BASTARD WAS THE ONE WHO NUKED MODSGARDEN and TKSHELTER.. he got rich then threw everyone under the bus.

He tore the community apart.. then after half of the effort was behind importing scene into Hook 5 and the other half still behind Hook 4.. HE STRUCK.

MAY THAT JERK GET A STD THAT PUT HIM IN A GRAVE!

Uhm, what are you refering to exactly? 

• 4 weeks later...

seriously? none of you guys know what's going on....I've been away from modsgarden and the tk-17 community for ages....too long to remember really and even I know what he's talking about when he says not to include the hook 5 or its files. one of the more active people on modsgarden....the person who was doing the work and releasing the hook versions people were using started up a patreon or some such eventually and then started limiting his files...which I can understand but if what I'm reading is the reality of it then he really would have some nerve to stir up the shit that would take the whole site down because people were sharing the files he was putting behind his patreon paywall openly on modsgarden. If I remember correctly it's where he started and he would've never gotten to the point he did without the spread and word of mouth that came from the modsgarden community. 

Let's be honest here - free hook 5 is perfectly adequate and anyone paying more than $1 to get their hands on paid really is wasting their money.

What do the upper paid tiers give you? Hair that moves, which invariably looks shit. 

Hairworks turns your models into witches with bald patches, and stock hairstyles with morphs actually look better than the Physx offerings. 

Earrings that move. Wow.

If hiding that behind a paywall somehow broke the community, the community was pretty much broken in the first place.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hoping someone could assist. I followed the instructions and everything fired up fine, however changing the paths as instructed in the config file for the addons doesn’t seem to work. I installed the large pack containing clothes and skin texture but the game doesn’t recognise them. I tried everything. The directories are assigned correctly, but it’s as off the mods folders aren’t even there. Also the added models are in the save folder under models, but these don’t appear in the game either. Anyone else have any luck?

8 hours ago, Springbok82 said:

Hoping someone could assist. I followed the instructions and everything fired up fine, however changing the paths as instructed in the config file for the addons doesn’t seem to work. I installed the large pack containing clothes and skin texture but the game doesn’t recognise them. I tried everything. The directories are assigned correctly, but it’s as off the mods folders aren’t even there. Also the added models are in the save folder under models, but these don’t appear in the game either. Anyone else have any luck?

I'm going to take a wild guess and say you're trying to start the program using the .exe (something that often gets suggested whenever hook is involved). If so, you need to do TWO things: 1) start the program at least once using the launcher (this sets the installation path for portable install). 2) Go into your Save folder, look for a file named "portable.reg" and double-click on it (this enters portable install info into the registry - needed by exe).

On 12/27/2020 at 3:47 PM, EJAX said:

I'm going to take a wild guess and say you're trying to start the program using the .exe (something that often gets suggested whenever hook is involved). If so, you need to do TWO things: 1) start the program at least once using the launcher (this sets the installation path for portable install). 2) Go into your Save folder, look for a file named "portable.reg" and double-click on it (this enters portable install info into the registry - needed by exe).

Thank you. It seems to have worked for the most part. I reinstalled everything, started from scratch and now I only have some minor things to iron out. Much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Re bonjour a tous je reapparait les grands ,il est devenue dur de se retrouver, je suis Chris63 peut etre aurez vous vu beaucoup de mes anciens mods, alors voila

-Dp16 est une installation perso ....ca charge vite,Merci man

Voyons ca depuis le debut pour les autres?

-Alors..........................commencez par ouvrir regedit affectez votre lettre de disk dur H:/ par ex. sur votre install...OK ca redemare!

-Puis dans le dossier config faite de meme addon_dir ,j ai constater qu il faut METTRE SES MODS sur Addonsmod2 uniquement?  addon_dir = {"H:/TheKlub17V10/Addons2/dp16Mods"

-Vider  ActivMod de tout fichier? La c est dur mais vous etes douer mes amis ,mettez  que vos skins de body par ex, dans le forum y a de quoi faire

-Optez pour Puppet 004 de Daz dans le forum ,c est de loin le meilleur body et le moins bug... je vous enverrez les skins adapter au mod puppet dress, de DAZ en faite

-Hook 5 Basic est prehistorique meme payant? ,je travaille sur une version EMB de Skyrim adapter ,bien meilleur,avec physics ,je vous la Donnerais

-Reinstallez Reshade,placez vos reglages dans ;binaries/reshade-shaders/reshade et textures..................pourquoi se compliquer! affectez le chemin des Shaders dans ReShade config et [GENERAL]

-Au faite ,ou est le temps d age d"or les gars ,mes rooms par ex vous ont enormement plus, en voulez vous encore?

Adieu Mod garden......?      merci loverslab

Ah............Il y a bien un probleme de sperm sur cette version  effectivement? je regarde!

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Navegante said:

Hey, pretty new to this. What is the highest quality repack i could get in terms of graphics/physics etc? I have a pretty powerful pc, wondering whats the most i could get from it.

The base game runs on DX8, single thread game engine. All the power requirements come from Hook, reshade, room addons, etc... Mostly hook.

Hey, old timer here. Dating back for the Razyuli days. I lurked and sometimes gave suggestions so nobody remembers me, probably.

Having a lot of trouble with this install
Is it even compatible with Hook Basic?
Do I even need Hook5 to run it? (I shouldn't)
Really, a buck for the only thing that makes TK17 look decent, graphic-wise? That's very worth it. Remember that people give the time they could be doing anything else for your enjoyment. But anyway, back to my problems.

I did what was asked in a .txt half buried among tha maze of folders. Then installed everything form the Mega folder.
Game runs. But only in OpenGL mode (so, no Hook) and withouth any of the 68GB of content in ActiveMod.
 I've installed everything to the C: drive. Checked registry, checked every config file and pointed them all to the C: drive install. ActiveMod stuff still doesn't load.
What may I be doing wrong? Documentation makes several references to D: drive. Perhaps dp16 missed a line that pointed to D somewhere?
Maybe the folder should be named TheKlub17V10 instead of just TheKlub17?
Also, when trying to launch options manager, I get this error:

image.png.138903fdb324cd8585ae562a21f6538b.png

About Hook5:
I installed the Basic version. Getting several missing .dll on the main_fxerrors log. All the files referenced are on the Binaries folder though.
I'm not missing drivers or installed it wrong. I have a v7.5 game installed that was using Hook4. Deleted the old version files, installed Hook5 and presto, it works.

So what am I doing wrong?