Got blocked off of the image forum for posting "copyrighted" armour which i had no idea that it was. I got blocked for 7 days, while people with more kudos get no or very little penalties towards them. After the seven days are up im going to reupload an "edited" image of what they blocked me for, i hope they like the censorship!

O and BTW im pretty sure it was elewin that reported me, iv given her some grief on the last couple of images. then i noticed she visted my profile "probably to report the images i upload". she is such a stuck up bitch.

post-47871-0-99797200-1363372366_thumb.jpg

They added that rule a few months ago but I still think is bullshit. They should only warned you, not blocked.

Nope no warning or anything just auto blocked, seriously i really do think there a bunch of menstrual 12 year old girls.

I really liked those little red riding hood pictures. I thought they were well done.

Just make a new account for downloading. Then only download and post you shit here, like everyone else.

Don't break any of these http://www.loverslab.com/topic/292-rules/ (which is remarkable easy) and you can pretty much post whatever you like.

Honestly I don't see how anyone posts pictures there. You have a 5% chance of getting banned for each picture you submit. If you make it past 20 pictures, they either must not be that good or so good that it makes others want to post picture. Continuing the cycle.

I really liked those little red riding hood pictures. I thought they were well done.

Just make a new account for downloading. Then only download and post you shit here, like everyone else.

Don't break any of these http://www.loverslab.com/topic/292-rules/ (which is remarkable easy) and you can pretty much post whatever you like.

Honestly I don't see how anyone posts pictures there. You have a 5% chance of getting banned for each picture you submit. If you make it past 20 pictures, they either must not be that good or so good that it makes others want to post picture. Continuing the cycle.

It's pretty interesting that I uploaded some images wich included copyrighted armors, a couple of them were removed but I didn't get blocked. There are at least two still posted.

Best not to say what type armor is being used in screenshots. Those people are IP-sensitive due to many gaming companies looking at them like a hawk (probably they were sent a subpoena or two from, say, Capcom, to stop players from uploading rips, even screencaps). Also, engaging in an argument in any place in Nex could get your account flagged.

Um you can download and use the mods there but are not allowed to upload a screenshot of your character using the mods? Am I getting that right?

He using outfit rip from Capcom game. Don't upload type stuff do to copyright infringement.

Your missing the part where I DIDNT KNOW and I had no WARNING. you see this is how my personality is "Ask nicly and ill probably to what your asking"(within reason).... if they would of simply asked me to take them down I WOULD!.  these admins on the nexus just like swing there tinny cocks around hopeing to hit some one and when they do the go crazy for that 12 seconeds they have, they see something that shouldnt be on there and they either ban or punish but asking is impossible to them.....

Um you can download and use the mods there but are not allowed to upload a screenshot of your character using the mods? Am I getting that right?

He using outfit rip from Capcom game. Don't upload type stuff do to copyright infringement.

Your missing the part where I DIDNT KNOW and I had no WARNING. you see this is how my personality is "Ask nicly and ill probably to what your asking"(within reason).... if they would of simply asked me to take them down I WOULD!.  these admins on the nexus just like swing there tinny cocks around hopeing to hit some one and when they do the go crazy for that 12 seconeds they have, they see something that shouldnt be on there and they either ban or punish but asking is impossible to them.....

I looked at the rules and they don't say anywhere that you will be instantly banned for posting screens of riped content. You should only get an "unofficial warning or a strike, which is an official warning" so if I was you I would massage a GM explaining you had no idea it was riped content and also ask why you got a 7 ban with no warning even tho the rules say you should only get a warning.

Just make sure you massage a GM that is not an ahole or has a grudge against you. Also I would not upload the edited image if I was you just seems like a bad idea.

I looked at the rules and they don't say anywhere that you will be instantly banned for posting screens of riped content. You should only get an "unofficial warning or a strike, which is an official warning" so if I was you I would massage a GM explaining you had no idea it was riped content and also ask why you got a 7 ban with no warning even tho the rules say you should only get a warning.

Just make sure you massage a GM that is not an ahole or has a grudge against you. Also I would not upload the edited image if I was you just seems like a bad idea.

Messaging a GM will either yield no results or a snotty reference to the TOS coupled with a passive-aggressive and implied "fuck off" placed somewhere in there when that GM does reply.

The Nexus' moderation does not keep things like these into account.  They insta-ban those they please, and when they are brought into question, Dark0ne or that admin begin by referencing the TOS' broad wording, making some odd slippery-slope hypothetical (I've seen an example in which Dark0one justified an abuse case by stating that you would never mess with a club bouncer) that justiifes why an insta-7-day-ban is the only thing separating us from the apes.

Well, he didnt get banned, its just a 7 day block for posting images. Im pretty sure there is some warning about copyright images but the problem is that is not very easy to spot. I think the problem is there.

Here I found it:

from Nexus Terms of service:

Aside from no nudity, you should only upload images that would be acceptable in the file database. This, importantly, means that you should not upload pictures of mods you are using that would not be allowed in the file database such as mods using ported or copyrighted content. Whether or not you use these mods is your choice, but please do not upload pictures of these mods in action to the Image Share section of the sites.

its located just before Donations.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules#imageshare

They MUST include this warning in the UPLOAD section, right before uploading an image exactly as they warn about Nudity.

You didn't get memo at General Discussion about Nexus? Was 30-40 something pages I think while ago. 

Everything with them random penalty or ban. Why not surprise by outcome. Hell, I made Claire Redfield

from scratch with Grenade Launcher mod and RE pack mod did nothing to me on FONV site. 90% accurate

to real RE character. I got away with murder just because 90% my mods came from Nexus! :angry: Sorry for what

happen to you. :(

You didn't get memo at General Discussion about Nexus? Was 30-40 something pages I think while ago. 

Everything with them random penalty or ban. Why not surprise by outcome. Hell, I made Claire Redfield

from scratch with Grenade Launcher mod and RE pack mod did nothing to me on FONV site. 90% accurate

to real RE character. I got away with murder just because 90% my mods came from Nexus! :angry: Sorry for what

happen to you. :(

Id actually would like to read that memo, ill go look for it. Im not so pissed about it anymore, but don't expect me to have "Nice" or "good" feelings about the nexus anymore.

heck just logging in you have a 5% chance of being banned. i really am surprised i havent been "Punished" before. but really though a 7 day block isnt that bad. not like im posting images to gain attention twards myself just to show of some "Privet collection" i promised never to release....right!!!

I know LL have the show your skyrim counterpart thread... but maybe a new section to show personal image collections could be implemented? i dont know the capabilities of this forum (i mean the software) but if we can get some way to show some of the images in the main page (at the very bottom maybe and miniatures) maybe that will, for sure, attract many new vistors. it's just an idea.

I know LL have the show your skyrim counterpart thread... but maybe a new section to show personal image collections could be implemented? i dont know the capabilities of this forum (i mean the software) but if we can get some way to show some of the images in the main page (at the very bottom maybe and miniatures) maybe that will, for sure, attract many new vistors. it's just an idea.

Got my vote. :D

@gagoloth

Well I just asked about the punishment of uploading screen shots with riped content and was replied to rather quickly.

Usually it will be a warning, unless you knowingly acknowledge it's a ripped item, or link to it. That might cause further restrictions/ban on your account.

So unless you posted a link to the mod in question or said it was riped content you should not have bean blocked from image posting and just got a warning. 

@Osiris1 I never PMed a GM or anything and have never had any problems with them (in fact one of them helped me get Oblivion reinstalled properly) so I guess I really wouldn't be an expert on dealing with GMs. But if they're really as bad as you say then I guess gagoloth should just stay quiet.

@gagoloth

Well I just asked about the punishment of uploading screen shots with riped content and was replied to rather quickly.

Usually it will be a warning, unless you knowingly acknowledge it's a ripped item, or link to it. That might cause further restrictions/ban on your account.

So unless you posted a link to the mod in question or said it was riped content you should not have bean blocked from image posting and just got a warning. 

@Osiris1 I never PMed a GM or anything and have never had any problems with them (in fact one of them helped me get Oblivion reinstalled properly) so I guess I really wouldn't be an expert on dealing with GMs. But if they're really as bad as you say then I guess gagoloth should just stay quiet.

When picking the right GM about an innocent question, you may very well get a decent reply.  They're not all asses.  But when it comes to rules, they're all very detached.  They lack any form of empathy and have a tendency to deal with users as more of a nuisance than anything (which is ironic because the users are what makes the site even capable of existing).

I've only just come across this site yesterday and it's already gotten me interested.  I've already found a few mods that would've been banned on the Nexus that have contributed to my armor/clothing and I'm loving it.  Its lenient and non-intrusive moderation is already visible by the fact that I won't be insta-banned for life and taunted by moderators for saying "ass".

This site could easily bring a lot of people who were banned and/or sick of the nexus to here, which, by the looks of it, it may already have.  All it needs is ideas like this to be implemented, and its lack of moral superiority alone could be a refreshing change for many people stumbling on this site like I did.