Don't worry, at least the GT Elins will be able to use the SG hairs.

but will the GT elins bodies be able to be made into the Tera elin's bodies? .w.;; because from what i can see in the screenshots you're going for an extremely realistic look to the elins which don't get me wrong they look absolutely cute as fuck but i myself would always prefer the old style bodies for the tera's as that's what made them truly unique to themselves. every other custom race out there has a body that look so.....normal lmao.

but will the GT elins bodies be able to be made into the Tera elin's bodies? .w.;; because from what i can see in the screenshots you're going for an extremely realistic look to the elins which don't get me wrong they look absolutely cute as fuck but i myself would always prefer the old style bodies for the tera's as that's what made them truly unique to themselves. every other custom race out there has a body that look so.....normal lmao.

I'm working on it.  I have a CBBE flatchest body and I have a CBBE curvy-bottom, slim body.  I just need to make a flatchest (or AA-cups), curvy-bottom body that is TBBP-compatible.

I'm using the Monli as a test subject.  What works for them will be used for the GT races.

I'm working on it.  I have a CBBE flatchest body and I have a CBBE curvy-bottom, slim body.  I just need to make a flatchest (or AA-cups), curvy-bottom body that is TBBP-compatible.

I'm using the Monli as a test subject.  What works for them will be used for the GT races.

okay ;w; too bad theres no way to use UNP with this race all of my armors are UNP >W<! 

I'll be uploading the x117 Monli UNP replacer.  This isn't the full x117 Monli race, rather something to try out until it's ready.  The body is UNP flatchest and comes with 1 texture set and 2 skeleton options: 1) basic ECE-compatible x117 and 2) TBBP x117, ECE-compatible.

I'll upload this in a new thread.

So.... question, what excatly is needed for the full experence of this mod or what do you reccomend to use with it?

Hello Scryis

Required Files

1. Main Race Files.  http://www.mediafire.com/download/okjbyiqd3akf1dc/NER_MainPack-Sky1.8-2013Jan24.7z
  2. CBBE BBP Body Pack (contains replacement skeletons/bodies/textures).  http://www.mediafire.com/download/btq6o0p0wms5d52/NER-Custom_CBBE_Body-2012Dec26.7z
  3. UNP BBP Body Pack (contains replacement skeletons/bodies/textures).  http://www.mediafire.com/download/8o5vqc5py39jio7/NER-Custom_UNP_Body-2012Dec26.7z

Install the Main files first then "one of the Body Packs" (choose one).

There is also the Tera Body which is closer to the look of the Tera Elins. 

The Main Race Files contains the non-nude body.

If you want the nude Tera Body then install this -Tera Body Pack-  which contains the Main Files + nude Tera Body + texture options.  The files I listed above is not needed if installing the Tera Body Pack.

Elin Enhancements

1. Elin Voice Replacers (contains 3 different types of voices).  I included some sample WAV files.  http://www.mediafire.com/download/m4csvso11364poq/Elin_Voices.7z
  2. Eye Color Replacers.  http://www.mediafire.com/download/p2d4kq967ajk4jc/NER_Eye_Color_Replacers_2012Sep30.7z

There are two files that I have not listed because they require other mods in order for them to work.  If you wish to use them, then these are the files and required mods.

1.  Elin Idle Animations.  http://www.mediafire.com/download/4m0iqy82ef48mwy/Elin_Animation-FNIS_3.4.7z

-- Requires FNIS Behavior Files.  I included FNIS v3.4 with the animations.  Install manually and run "GenerateFNIS for users.exe" to create the behavior files for the Elin animations.

2.  Hair Packs.  http://www.mediafire.com/folder/uc3h9wsca58oe/Hair_Packs

-- Requires the latest SKSE.  http://skse.silverlock.org/

-- Requires Showracemenu PreCache Killer.  ShowRaceMenu PreCacheKiller 1_3-33526-1-3.7z

Install SKSE first then make sure to add the PreCache Killer to the DATA > SKSE > PLUGINS folder.

Game Additions

1. Elin NPCs and Enemies (their are 3 options, install all for best experience).  http://www.mediafire.com/download/hrq69v9i0bfr9ps/Elin_NPC_and_Enemy_v4.3.7z
  2. Summon Elin Ring.  http://www.mediafire.com/download/a398rw71vp8ejs8/SummonElinRing_v2.7z

The Elin NPCs and Enemies include a patched ElinRaceTaint.esm (Tera Elin hairs).  This overwrites the ElinRaceTaint.esm from the Main race pack.  If you see Elin NPCs with bald heads or the hairs look glitched, reinstall the "patched" ElinRaceTaint.esm.

The Summon Elin Ring allows you to summon Elins, but at a cost to some health.  If they die, you lose some health.  They scale with the player and as you level up, you summon additional Elins.  You start with one and max at 4 Elins.

If you have Lycanthropy, summon the Elins before changing to beast form and the summoned Elins will also change to beast form.  This does not work with vampirism.

There are other Elin mods, but since this is your first time, I suggest using the files I listed for now and adding more later after being accustomed to the race.

So I have an irritating problem.

I'm sure I'm not the first to bring this up but running searches on the thread isn't giving me anything useful...

The first-person height on Elins is great. Unfortunately, Skyrim now thinks all of my characters are that short when in first-person. My Nords and such feel like their eyes are in their torso.

I've looked through the Race Settings Extender .ini files but I'm not finding a solution in there. Lots of values for "OverShoulder" view settings but only a "Skeleton.nif" for "FirstPerson".

Is there a line I need to add? A deceptively labled value I need to adjust? I love playing with my Elin but it's really starting to ruin the feel of my other characters...

Thanks and sorry if this is indeed a previously explained issue.

Edit: For the record, I'm using the CBBE Starter Pack #1

So I have an irritating problem.

I'm sure I'm not the first to bring this up but running searches on the thread isn't giving me anything useful...

The first-person height on Elins is great. Unfortunately, Skyrim now thinks all of my characters are that short when in first-person. My Nords and such feel like their eyes are in their torso.

I've looked through the Race Settings Extender .ini files but I'm not finding a solution in there. Lots of values for "OverShoulder" view settings but only a "Skeleton.nif" for "FirstPerson".

Is there a line I need to add? A deceptively labled value I need to adjust? I love playing with my Elin but it's really starting to ruin the feel of my other characters...

Thanks and sorry if this is indeed a previously explained issue.

Edit: For the record, I'm using the CBBE Starter Pack #1

Hello FiveFives

The 1st-person camera height is dictated by, and only by, the 1st-person skeleton.

Here is the vanilla 1st-person skeleton.  Extract and add to your Data folder and merge the Meshes folder (the skeleton path is Meshes > Actor > Character > _1stperson)

VanillaRaces 1stPerson Skeleton.7z

Let me know if it helps.

I had to reinstall my Skyrim because it would crash too often, I guess because of mods. I only installed texture improvement mods (such as Amidianborn's Book of Silence) and other improvements but I still want my Elin race.

Thing is that I'm a bit lost with all the packages. I'm going to get the UNP body but it doesn't seem to have a NMM install wizard and I don't want to simply paste everything in the game folder. What's the difference between the normal UNP body and the UNP Tight?

I had to reinstall my Skyrim because it would crash too often, I guess because of mods. I only installed texture improvement mods (such as Amidianborn's Book of Silence) and other improvements but I still want my Elin race.

Thing is that I'm a bit lost with all the packages. I'm going to get the UNP body but it doesn't seem to have a NMM install wizard and I don't want to simply paste everything in the game folder. What's the difference between the normal UNP body and the UNP Tight?

There are only 3 UNP bodies: UNP BBP, UNP Tight, and UNP Tight - Rougher.

UNP BBP

post-64505-0-74802100-1371499378_thumb.jpg

UNP Tight

post-64505-0-47608000-1371499410_thumb.jpg

UNP Tight - Rougher

post-64505-0-28688200-1371499438_thumb.jpg

The UNP body pack comes with install scripts for BAIN and typical mod managers (NMM and Mod Organizer).

It doesn't work for you?

No it doesn't. I downloaded the UNP BBP pack and opened NMM, clicked on 'Add mod from file' and selected the zip file, it loaded it and then activated it. I saw no problem anyway, except a couple of bald hairs from a mod that I'm probably missing (I don't have any hair mod installed, so it might be Apachii, the others showed up fine).

The problem comes when I use the SKSE RaceSetting Extender. I don't know which values to put in the .ini files so pretty much all my characters have the low height skeleton in 1st person.

If you want to change the 1st-person camera height, you need to edit Skeleton.nif in MESHES > ACTORS > CHARACTER_1stperson.  If you want to change the 3rd-person camera height then you edit the (Elin) INI file from RaceSetting Extender or Skyrim.ini (the one in Documents > My Games > Skyrim).

Try these values:

[Camera]
fOverShoulderCombatAddY=0.0000
fOverShoulderCombatPosZ=-40.0000
fOverShoulderCombatPosX=15.0000
fOverShoulderCombatPosY=0.0000
fOverShoulderPosZ=-40.0000
fOverShoulderPosX=15.0000
fOverShoulderPosY=0.0000
fOverShoulderHorseAddY=-180.0000
fOverShoulderHorsePosZ=60.0000
fOverShoulderHorsePosX=50.0000

PosZ = verticle position

PosX = horizontal position

PosY = zoom in/out

Edited by PsychoMachina

Make backups first, it takes away some of the apprehension with editing these type of files.  If you make a mistake, just overwrite with the backup.

EDIT

Here is the edited 1st-person skeleton I did for the Monli race.  It may or may not help with the 1st-person skeleton.  If the change is not apparent at first, just play the game for awhile and the camera should start adjusting.

Edited 1stPerson Skeleton for Monli Race.7z

I changed the folder path so it installs in the correct location for the Elins.

Hrm...

If I install the first mesh folder you linked in your response to me it creates the opposite issue. Vanilla races are tall and so are Elin.

Reverting and/or installing the second mesh folder you just linked puts me back in my original position, with every race being short.

I'm not sure the game is actually looking in the folders that the RaceSettingExtender inis are telling it to look in.  Is  Skyrim/data/SKSE/RaceSettingExtender  the proper location for these plugin inis?

Edit: I plugged the confirmed short skeleton directly into the 2chElinFix folder that the RSE ini is pointing at and it's still coming out tall.  Almost sure the game's not reading those ini files.

Edit Edit: Now that I've messed around a bit more, I'm noticing all my vanilla races (And currently Elins) seem to use the same Nordish height in first person. Maybe that's always been the case but i could've sworn it adjusted for the slightly shorter Bretons or Bosmer.

Sorry folks, I mixed the Monlis with the Elins.  The Monli race 1st-person skeleton is located in a different folder than the vanilla races, whereas the Elins share the folder location with the vanilla races.

If you don't mind waiting it out, I have plans on doing an update of the Elins in which one of the changes is to move _1stperson folder to a different location.  Looks like this will take awhile since I'm also working on a major update for the Monli - Young Edition.

Meanwhile, you can either continue using the Elin skeleton and put up with the adult races having a lower 1st-person view or change to the vanilla skeleton and have the Elins with an adult viewpoint.

Eventually this will be fixed.

Ahh so that's why. It's no problem at all. I don't mind waiting and if you need a beta tester or anything, I always volunteer myself. I will wait for the next update and install the Elin then. Meanwhile I'll focus on getting the last achievement left, stupid 15 daedric artifacts...

Hmm... is there a way to make all Kajit females Elin?

As a playable race replacer or just for NPCs.  The Khajjit NPCs can be replaced by changing their race to Elin.  A playable Cat Elin to replace the female Khajjit would be a little more involved especially since you still want her to be recognized as a Khajjit.

Just NPC, not really interested in playing as one. But I wouldn't mind having a follower, or a race. (I currently have the rem follower). But for some reason Whiterun crashes when I enable the new NPC plugin. And it also crashes when I go into the Drunken Huntsmen when I have the followers installed. Is there a body type that's pretty much exactly the curvy one from TERA? I like how it gives them a more mature look.

Just NPC, not really interested in playing as one. But I wouldn't mind having a follower, or a race. (I currently have the rem follower). But for some reason Whiterun crashes when I enable the new NPC plugin. And it also crashes when I go into the Drunken Huntsmen when I have the followers installed. Is there a body type that's pretty much exactly the curvy one from TERA? I like how it gives them a more mature look.

Those followers seem to crash for some people.  I think the problem is how it's installed.  I installed them, then reinstalled the main race files to update the followers (they came with the core Elin files) and I never had any crashes.  I'll look into making them less crash-prone.

I can do something about making the female Khajjits look like Cat Elins.  This will be included with the next major update.

Which curvy body were you referring to?  The Elins? The other humanoid races?  If it's the Elins, there is the Tera body.  You will need to uninstall the main race pack and body replacers because the Tera body comes with the main files, the Tera Elin body, skeleton options, and a small selection of textures.

Now on a different subject, I have posted a link, in the OP, to a mod that allows you to make adjustments to the 3rd-person camera while in-game.  I tried it (on the Monli) and became surprised at how well it works.  

If anyone is having problems with the 3rd-person camera, I recommend using this mod.

Requires SKSE and SkyUI.  The camera can be adjusted from the SkyUI preference menu.

Also, I plan on making the Elins compatible with ECE so SKSE will be needed anyway.