Setscale doesn't seem to do anything for me, but using showracemenu after getting to helgen keep works pretty well for me to see changes actually take effect. Anyway, I'm pretty sure this was a total beginner question, but thank you for helping me regardless.

Thanks again for the help!

Everyone was a beginner, so don't worry.  I omitted the "continue the game until you reach inside the keep then use showracemenu" option because, quite frankly, I forgot.  I was preoccupied with fixing the height issue during the first time you use character creation, but it all ties into the game not loading the Elin race into the game until you leave the race menu.

if you DO find a way to port over your custom trap race....dear god....i'll be like......so happy!

Have you tried the Oblivian trap race?  How did it turn out?  I have the game, but it's not installed.  I just recently reinstalled Fallout 3 on Win7 and it's crash-happy.  I just need to save often.

if you DO find a way to port over your custom trap race....dear god....i'll be like......so happy!

Have you tried the Oblivian trap race?  How did it turn out?  I have the game, but it's not installed.  I just recently reinstalled Fallout 3 on Win7 and it's crash-happy.  I just need to save often.

fallout 3 works fine for me owo;; just use the w7 fix for it

as for the oblivion trap race yes i have and it's pretty good. very cute :3

What fix?  Is it the edit for fallout3.ini?  If so, I just found out about it.

What fix?  Is it the edit for fallout3.ini?  If so, I just found out about it.

well theres the INI fix

the DLL fix

you also need to enable archiveinvalidation with the NMM or FOMM which ever you use if you use mods.

there are also a few other fixes but i forget exactly what they are >w<

I installed this mod and requirements and the elin part is working fine but now, some NPCs are missing their heads (can still see teeth though).

I know I've encountered this before but I don't remember the fix...

Did you install with NMM?  Do not uninstall, rather, manually reinstall the Elin NPC files and allow overwriting the files. 

If the Elin npcs are still missing their heads, manually reinstall the main race files.  You can then reinstall the custom body manually or with NMM.

Regarding the load order, move the custom body plugin below the rest of the race plugins since the Elin npcs will use the same custom body as your Elin.

I installed this mod and requirements and the elin part is working fine but now, some NPCs are missing their heads (can still see teeth though).

Did you install with NMM?  Do not uninstall, rather, manually reinstall the Elin NPC files and allow overwriting the files. 

If the Elin npcs are still missing their heads, manually reinstall the main race files.  You can then reinstall the custom body manually or with NMM.

Regarding the load order, move the custom body plugin below the rest of the race plugins since the Elin npcs will use the same custom body as your Elin.

The problem (I believe) was caused by CoTS. No Elin NPCs were missing heads, just the normal ones.

The problem (I believe) was caused by CoTS. No Elin NPCs were missing heads, just the normal ones.

Okay, I thought you were referring to the Elin npcs because the race would have no positive or negative effects on non-Elin npcs.

I'll give more attention to vampire/Vampire Lord transformation with the GT Elins and look into the many options that fixes or changes transformations.  I never really understood why vampire transformation is more problematic than werewolf transformation.  The Elins can transform in and out of beast form without any problems.

If I discover an optimal solution with the GT Elins, I'll then try to implement it with the current Elins.

Btw, I'll also be making some changes with the current Elins so that they will be more compatible with ECE.  How sucessful that will be remains to be seen.

I've installed the elin mod mostly for the companion set (installing the companions alone gives adult-sized elins which is really weird).  The problem is that this results in the camera position lowering, which I assume is for elin race players.  But, I'm playing an adult so it's awkward to be always staring at someone's tits.

Is this an issue with my installation or a small bug with ElinRace mod?

I've installed the elin mod mostly for the companion set (installing the companions alone gives adult-sized elins which is really weird).  The problem is that this results in the camera position lowering, which I assume is for elin race players.  But, I'm playing an adult so it's awkward to be always staring at someone's tits.

Is this an issue with my installation or a small bug with ElinRace mod?

Hello Someoney3000

The camera issue is common when playing a race that is smaller than adults.  The game is unable to adjust itself to various playable race heights.  Editing the camera position in SkyrimPref.ini is a limited solution as it will return the camera to the adult height, but that means smaller races will be affected by the changes.

You can try the Race Setting Extender I have listed in the first page.  It's purpose is to allow different camera positions for different races without the need to edit SkyrimPref.ini by using separate INI files (there are 5 total) located in DATA > SKSE > PLUGINS folder.  If you need to edit the camera for the race you are playing then you will need to edit the correct INI file in that folder.  Race Setting Extender requires SKSE.

I have edited the Elin race master file so that you can have Elin followers and npcs without the race showing up in character creation.  Just follower the readme file for installation instructions.

Non-Playable ElinRace Master File

Non-Playable ElinRace-Master File.7z

I have also edited the skeletons for the standalone followers Rem and sisters, Mi Ya and Yi Ka.  Their original skeletons was not scaled down.  Remember to read the included text file for installation order.

Followers Rem, Mi Ya and Yi Ka Edited Skeletons

Edited Skeletons for Rem-MiYa_YiKa.7z

I will go ahead and start updating the current Elin race and make some changes, most notably, restructuring the folders and making the race more ECE-compatible.  Maybe I'll include the GT Elin as an optional replacer.

@Psychomachina

Ah, sorry to interrupt you when you are busy discussing at the moment. I just want to ask if pose mods, particularly the ones by halofarm (Pinup Poser) affects the Elins in some way. In my case, it CTD every time I load my save game.

I have done manual installation, using tools with FNIS and all, but it just CTD every time. Does the Elin use different skeletons that might conflict or something? I saw you mentioned Pinup poser before so I thought you might have experience, so I am asking.

@Psychomachina

Ah, sorry to interrupt you when you are busy discussing at the moment. I just want to ask if pose mods, particularly the ones by halofarm (Pinup Poser) affects the Elins in some way. In my case, it CTD every time I load my save game.

I have done manual installation, using tools with FNIS and all, but it just CTD every time. Does the Elin use different skeletons that might conflict or something? I saw you mentioned Pinup poser before so I thought you might have experience, so I am asking.

I have never experienced CTD when using Pinup Poser and the Elins.  I have the pose mods that are featured on Halofarm's site.  Skeletons would have no affect in the success or failure of pose mods.  Failer to use FNIS generator tend to cause them to revert to a T-pose.

Something is missing, whether it was overwritten or deleted, that could very well be the cause.

If at all possible, completely remove FNIS and Pinup Poser.  If you have the Elin Idle Animation, remove that also.

Check the game for CTD.

Reisntall FNIS then Elin Idle Animation (if you want that) and run the FNIS generator.

Check for crashing.

Now go ahead and reinstall Pinup Poser, run the FNIS generator and see if the game crashes.

<<<<<<<<<<---+--->>>>>>>>>>

@Littlebutmighty

I get that problem too.  Sometimes loading the last save (as oppose to "continuing from last save") works, other times I would have to load a previous save then in game, load the last save.  I tend to experience this problem when running ENB, unless SKSE somehow contributes to the problem.

Hey i seem to have a problem with the armor mods, after i have installed them i only seem to get the miner outfit instead of the ones on the pictures, and so far i can see the mods are installed correctly and loaded in right order (i use nmm to install them) so im wondering if im missing something or what?

btw i use the tera body mod (last one on the elin body mod list)

Have you thought about making some underwear for this race maybe? Just throwing a suggestion.....

The many underwear mods available not to your liking?  I'm guessing you want a non-nude body by default.

Hey i seem to have a problem with the armor mods, after i have installed them i only seem to get the miner outfit instead of the ones on the pictures, and so far i can see the mods are installed correctly and loaded in right order (i use nmm to install them) so im wondering if im missing something or what?

Hello Kimmie89

Exactly which armors?  Are they the ones you purchase from Riverwood Traders or is this happening with all of the armors?

While in-game bring up the console and type "help fox 4" (without parenthesis) and use the PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN keys to scroll through the search results.  Look for any entries listed as ARMO then look for the fox armors.

If you don't see any of the armors you installed (you should see the armor set names, ex. fox12) then it's not in the game.  Reinstall the armors (NMM).  If NMM is having problems with the installation then install manually.

If the armor pieces do show up in the list, but you are unable to find them in-game then you can obtain them from the console.  While you have the list of Fox armors in the console, make note of each armor piece's ID (alpha-numerical) then enter the console command "player.additem <armor piece ID> 1" (without parenthesis). 

Example: if the Fox27 cuirass ID is 0300d36 (I'm just guessing the numer), you would then enter the command "player.additem 0300d36 1".  The armor is now added to your inventory.

I'll reorder the fox armors into groups by how they are obtained in game (urns, lockboxes, merchant) and combine each so that each will only be one installation.  I'll also create BSA to make installing/uninstalling much simpler.  I'll have these available as soon as I can.

Have you thought about making some underwear for this race maybe? Just throwing a suggestion.....

The many underwear mods available not to your liking?  I'm guessing you want a non-nude body by default.

Hello Kimmie89

Exactly which armors?  Are they the ones you purchase from Riverwood Traders or is this happening with all of the armors?

While in-game bring up the console and type "help fox 4" (without parenthesis) and use the PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN keys to scroll through the search results.  Look for any entries listed as ARMO then look for the fox armors.

If you don't see any of the armors you installed (you should see the armor set names, ex. fox12) then it's not in the game.  Reinstall the armors (NMM).  If NMM is having problems with the installation then install manually.

If the armor pieces do show up in the list, but you are unable to find them in-game then you can obtain them from the console.  While you have the list of Fox armors in the console, make note of each armor piece's ID (alpha-numerical) then enter the console command "player.additem <armor piece ID> 1" (without parenthesis). 

Example: if the Fox27 cuirass ID is 0300d36 (I'm just guessing the numer), you would then enter the command "player.additem 0300d36 1".  The armor is now added to your inventory.

I'll reorder the fox armors into groups by how they are obtained in game (urns, lockboxes, merchant) and combine each so that each will only be one installation.  I'll also create BSA to make installing/uninstalling much simpler.  I'll have these available as soon as I can.

The armor is there (i forgot to add) all of them i have installed but the problem was that all the armor skins are shown as the miner set/some vanila clothes when put on, and some of the gloves makes the hands disappear.

and i did try to install them both ways, same effect