Fox Replacer for Lykaios Race (Now includes Raccoons)

On 12/30/2020 at 5:27 AM, OnceAPotato said:

I've been extensively editing the Lykaios heads to look like foxes and raccoons for a while with modded racemenu options, but this looks way better than what I pulled off. I second/third/upteenth the idea for a standalone though, since they look so good. I like my doggos, but I'll absolutely keep my eyes out if a standalone comes out.

A standalone fox race will be made after I finish a mod I'm working on with a couple of friends called Better Bretons, which overhauls the Breton foxes in YA (new body textures, new face tints, updated head meshes (same ones used in the latest update of the Fox Replacer), hairstyles fitted to the new heads, and other changes like access to facial hair. A raccoon Imperial Overhaul will be in the works after that. A preview of the mod is below:

Skyrim Special Edition 1_4_2021 1_25_40 AM.png

Skyrim Special Edition 12_30_2020 11_38_46 PM.png

Skyrim Special Edition 12_30_2020 11_44_52 PM.png

Skyrim Special Edition 12_30_2020 9_07_55 PM.png

Skyrim Special Edition 12_29_2020 6_35_12 PM.png

Skyrim Special Edition 12_14_2020 8_15_41 PM.png

ScreenShot1602.png

SPOILER_ScreenShot1603.png

31 minutes ago, theshiba said:

There are no hair options for the Raccoon replacer yet. There will be eventually when work begins on a raccoon Imperial replacer for Yiffy Age. The rigid face I assume is caused by the raccoon heads being used with versions 2.8 or later of the Lykaios standalone race (don't know for sure since you didn't provide any screenshots or let me know if you're using YA or the standalone Lykaios). The raccoon heads were made by editing an earlier head model so you'll have to wait till I sculpt new heads. 

Oh ok I was just curious as to why there are options for no hair yet but now I see. Yes I am using the Lykaios standalone for SSE because I don’t mind having it replaced by the fox/raccoon but I don’t want to have all my races changed to something different and rather just the lykaios so I can use the other stock races too. 

8 hours ago, LexusMan said:

Oh ok I was just curious as to why there are options for no hair yet but now I see. Yes I am using the Lykaios standalone for SSE because I don’t mind having it replaced by the fox/raccoon but I don’t want to have all my races changed to something different and rather just the lykaios so I can use the other stock races too. 

You know what, I'll go ahead and get the raccoon heads done after finishing the face fox tints. That way you'll have something to tide you over till a proper standalone raccoon race is made.

6 hours ago, theshiba said:

You know what, I'll go ahead and get the raccoon heads done after finishing the face fox tints. That way you'll have something to tide you over till a proper standalone raccoon race is made.

Oh, I’ll definitely be sure to check for updates more often. Thanks, wish there were more people with your attitude. 

On 1/5/2021 at 8:43 AM, LexusMan said:

Oh, I’ll definitely be sure to check for updates more often. Thanks, wish there were more people with your attitude. 

Well, you know, everyone (including myself) have things we're doing outside of modding. Redoing the raccoon heads should be fast (I was sitting on the new fox heads for a while), which is why I changed my mind.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2021 at 12:29 AM, LexusMan said:

The new update looks great so thanks. I noticed that the heads are a bit of different shape then before but that is fine plus I can just change the shape using the sliders to make it look the best. Anyway thanks again for this great mod.

Just one last question for now, Will any of this work with this work HDT tail thing?

16 hours ago, desertdogs said:

I downloaded the raccoon replacer and loaded it over Lykaios Reborn, but I don't see any changes to the race in-game. Am I doing something wrong? I'm using MO2 btw

Not sure actually. Let me see your mod order (LHS of MO) via PM. Also check that the replacer mod is in fact overwriting Lykaios reborn (look in conflicts tab).

• 2 weeks later...

Just about done. I'm working on the SOS and CBBE textures currently (mostly done) since SAM and UNP were already done by Prurient initially; however; she is doing some fine tuning of them. Prurient is also responsible for human brows now being available for Bretons to use as well as scars now fitting correctly to the vulpine head. We also are making sure none of the Breton NPCs have the dark face bugs in addition to a few other oddities that have manifested.

image.png.e4ebbc8c765f1927f4dbb66e27442de2.png

image.png.4cffbc95e7a9a30c3dad7031de3c19dd.png

image.thumb.png.9acfe47a5d73f3239855ee248ce85aae.png

10 hours ago, Pleasemadam said:

Probably doesn't mean much from a random forum user but that's pretty solid work!

It means a lot to be given a compliment on your work. All of us are people (furries?) here so no one is better or more important than anyone else. The people I work with and I don't have god complexes. We just wanted to put something into existence for us and others to enjoy, and we hope that this project will meet y'all expectations.

TLDR: thanks for the praise ;)

• 1 month later...

This is using the YA SOS Bad Dog Anthro schlong. Is the color mismatch expected, or is it due to some setup problem? I don't remember there being a mismatch during the brief test I did after installing Yiffy Age of Skyrim and before I installed Fox Replacer, but I didn't experiment with different fur colors so maybe it would only have matched one of them. With Fox Replacer, it isn't really matching any of the options.

ScreenShot22.png

20 hours ago, FelixArden said:

This is using the YA SOS Bad Dog Anthro schlong. Is the color mismatch expected, or is it due to some setup problem? I don't remember there being a mismatch during the brief test I did after installing Yiffy Age of Skyrim and before I installed Fox Replacer, but I didn't experiment with different fur colors so maybe it would only have matched one of them. With Fox Replacer, it isn't really matching any of the options.

ScreenShot22.png

The raccoon texture mismatch is my fault. The SOS folder in there just needs to be deleted (didn't realize I left it in there) so that it uses the Lykaios penis textures. As for the foxes, not sure why they don't match. A screenshot of the problem would be nice to see.

30 minutes ago, theshiba said:

The raccoon texture mismatch is my fault. The SOS folder in there just needs to be deleted (didn't realize I left it in there) so that it uses the Lykaios penis textures. As for the foxes, not sure why they don't match. A screenshot of the problem would be nice to see.

Is this the path of the SOS folder you mean? 162386758_RaccoonReplacerforYiffyAgeNordsandLykaios2.2SE\textures\actors\character\SOS

I tried moving that folder to my desktop, but when I ran the game again, nothing seemed to have changed; still a bright white crotch.

I haven't tried the foxes; by "Fox Replacer," I meant "the mod I got from this thread," which was actually just the raccoon one.

Edit: I don't actually see any penis textures in the 162386758_RaccoonReplacerforYiffyAgeNordsandLykaios2.2SE directory that aren't in the SOS folder identified above.

4 hours ago, FelixArden said:

Is this the path of the SOS folder you mean? 162386758_RaccoonReplacerforYiffyAgeNordsandLykaios2.2SE\textures\actors\character\SOS

I tried moving that folder to my desktop, but when I ran the game again, nothing seemed to have changed; still a bright white crotch.

I haven't tried the foxes; by "Fox Replacer," I meant "the mod I got from this thread," which was actually just the raccoon one.

Edit: I don't actually see any penis textures in the 162386758_RaccoonReplacerforYiffyAgeNordsandLykaios2.2SE directory that aren't in the SOS folder identified above.

If the penis is still white without that SOS folder then I suspect that something else in your list of mods is giving you the mismatch textures. Unistall the raccoon replacer and see if the normal YA Nords have this same mismatch texture issue.