Fox Replacer for Lykaios Race (Now includes Raccoons)

1 hour ago, theshiba said:

If the penis is still white without that SOS folder then I suspect that something else in your list of mods is giving you the mismatch textures. Unistall the raccoon replacer and see if the normal YA Nords have this same mismatch texture issue.

Without Raccoon Replacer, Nords don't have the mismatch issue.

ScreenShot33.png

I tried removing the SOS folder from Raccoon Replacer before doing the file conflict resolution step in Vortex upon reinstallation, and that worked. I used the Open in File Manager feature in Vortex to find the mod directory, but I think Vortex might make a copies of mod directories and have the game run them off the copies or something. That would explain some other things I've seen.

15 hours ago, FelixArden said:

I tried removing the SOS folder from Raccoon Replacer before doing the file conflict resolution step in Vortex upon reinstallation, and that worked. I used the Open in File Manager feature in Vortex to find the mod directory, but I think Vortex might make a copies of mod directories and have the game run them off the copies or something. That would explain some other things I've seen.

Ahhh: a Vortex issue. Yeah, I have very little experience with Vortex (I use MO), but I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue.

8 hours ago, Discord96_ said:

Amazing work! Can't wait for the standalone version for those who don't use Yiffy Age

Thanks! We're excited to get the standalone up too. BadDog was gracious enough to allow us to use Lykaios Reborn as a base for the fox race so hopefully that (and the fact that we made the assets for already with YA BB) will cut down on the time to finish the standalone race.

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Loki-the Leopard said:

when I download any archieve from this mod it says "the archieve is either in unknown format or damaged" can't open it :(

the fox texture is really great! can't wait to play it once the archieves from download link gets fixed.

I'm not sure why you'd have that problem (archived this and other things I've shared with people online with WinRar.). I just tried downloading the latest version of the mod with no issues, and no one else has indicated any weirdness like that either. ?

On 5/14/2021 at 9:45 PM, Loki-the Leopard said:

tried all 16 download links but same problem again, can't figure out why

btw any idea when standalone race for this fox race release? so we don't have to replace Lykaios race.

Started officially working on it yesterday. I'd say we're more than a third of the way done already.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Loki-the Leopard said:

Any news when standalone fox race relesse both here and Nexus?

So the foxes are up and running in game. The reason this is taking longer to release is because of school related stuff (I'm a grad student) and because I've been adding new things in racemenu including additional hair options (that have to be edited to fit the fox heads properly), additional eye choices (including human eyes) - those required editing as well, body overlays, etc.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Edited by theshiba

Silver fox textures virtually finished: dark underfur overlays and silver highlight overlays for the head and body.

image.png.b1081c96b77656aaee1246220bd07c91.png

image.png.492fc5b201ddeac40ef86770bbd7149d.png

image.png.84744a5ac5c84d1db11f2ef20e0ba71a.png

Of course you can change the color of these overlays (note: in this pic there is no dark underfur; just the highlights and a dark belly overlay):

image.png.ee818faa81a676fadcf903dc9fc81ec2.png

Same as above, but no dark belly overlay:

image.png.d645df8c5e2cbd1492f73ed82b4fc612.png

1 hour ago, Loki-the Leopard said:

Nice, and any news about standalone race?

I mean I thought that was what the post above was. Those overlays are for the standalone race as is this cross fox overlay shown below. It's not "modular" like the silver fox overlays so the colors you see in this picture are the colors you'll get. The female cross fox overlays still need to be made and a few more male hairs need to be refitted and then added to the esp. Finally, I'll add a few NPCs to the world (and maybe a campsite for them) before I'll put out the race for testing.

image.png.257e2655b8d1099f8a882abcfdeffd6f.png

Thank you for sparing your time making this wonderful replacer. It's just what I needed.

A quick question however, if you don't mind. Apparently the head textures seems to be a wee bit transparent. While I'm already sure that I installed it correctly, I'm suspecting that the reason why it became like this is because I don't use SOS. So, I just wanted to confirm, is it because I don't use SOS? If yes, then is there a way to fix this without using SOS. If no, then can you tell me what's the possible source of the problem?

I'm using Lykaios Reborn version 3.0.3 and the Fox Replacer 2.2. I don't use Yiffy Age.

Thank you, and best regards.

Update: I can finally confirm that the lack of SOS is NOT the problem. I'll update more if I finds the culprit.

Update 2: OK, apparently I find a bug with the shadow being a little bit fucky (I use the lowest shadow setting). I did found a questionable but working solution. the solutions is to change the bShadowMaskZPrepass= 0 into 1 on my skyrimprefs.ini. I don't know whether it's because of RLO, a faulty texture, or the kind. But the problem is solved, for now (though the head does flicker for a bit from a certain angle. Also wanted to point out that only the male textures have this "bug", the female textures works just fine.

TESV 2021-06-12 08-28-47-108.jpg

TESV 2021-06-12 08-27-30-602.jpg

TESV 2021-06-12 08-28-12-659.jpg

Edited by oofers55
Troubleshooting update