Fox Replacer for Lykaios Race (Now includes Raccoons)

5 hours ago, oofers55 said:

Thank you for sparing your time making this wonderful replacer. It's just what I needed.

A quick question however, if you don't mind. Apparently the head textures seems to be a wee bit transparent. While I'm already sure that I installed it correctly, I'm suspecting that the reason why it became like this is because I don't use SOS. So, I just wanted to confirm, is it because I don't use SOS? If yes, then is there a way to fix this without using SOS. If no, then can you tell me what's the possible source of the problem?

I'm using Lykaios Reborn version 3.0.3 and the Fox Replacer 2.2. I don't use Yiffy Age.

Thank you, and best regards.

Update: I can finally confirm that the lack of SOS is NOT the problem. I'll update more if I finds the culprit.

Update 2: OK, apparently I find a bug with the shadow being a little bit fucky (I use the lowest shadow setting). I did found a questionable but working solution. the solutions is to change the bShadowMaskZPrepass= 0 into 1 on my skyrimprefs.ini. I don't know whether it's because of RLO, a faulty texture, or the kind. But the problem is solved, for now (though the head does flicker for a bit from a certain angle. Also wanted to point out that only the male textures have this "bug", the female textures works just fine.

TESV 2021-06-12 08-28-47-108.jpg

TESV 2021-06-12 08-27-30-602.jpg

TESV 2021-06-12 08-28-12-659.jpg

That is very strange. What version of the mod are you using: LE or SE?

1 hour ago, theshiba said:

That is very strange. What version of the mod are you using: LE or SE?

I'm using version 2.2 on LE. One thing I have noticed is that the shadows on the ground only goes for the fangs and eyeballs (as in the shadow casted would only be floating eyes and fangs on the ground). I'm guessing that I need to use the mesh files on 2.1 with racemenu?

Update: Using the Racemenu mesh did nothing apparently. The shadow is pretty much headless. I think the game doesn't detect any form of 'mesh'? 'Collision'? on the head part, so the game renders through the head texture and the shadow is not casted. Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I don't know if it would help or not, but the body texture works fine, the only transparent texture is the male head only.

TESV 2021-06-12 15-01-10-898.jpg

Edited by oofers55
Troubleshooting update
9 hours ago, oofers55 said:

I'm using version 2.2 on LE. One thing I have noticed is that the shadows on the ground only goes for the fangs and eyeballs (as in the shadow casted would only be floating eyes and fangs on the ground). I'm guessing that I need to use the mesh files on 2.1 with racemenu?

Update: Using the Racemenu mesh did nothing apparently. The shadow is pretty much headless. I think the game doesn't detect any form of 'mesh'? 'Collision'? on the head part, so the game renders through the head texture and the shadow is not casted. Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I don't know if it would help or not, but the body texture works fine, the only transparent texture is the male head only.

TESV 2021-06-12 15-01-10-898.jpg

I think I found the problem. Try this head and let me know how it works for ya please.

LykaiosMaleHead.nif

13 hours ago, theshiba said:

I think I found the problem. Try this head and let me know how it works for ya please.

LykaiosMaleHead.nif 341.94 kB · 0 downloads

This is it. Finally the head works. The head is no longer shadowless and the texture is no longer transparent. I'll add another image to confirm later on. Thank you very much for fixing this. I'll make sure to tell you if there's any other bug or glitches regarding the head (hopefully there's not), but in the meantime, the problem has been solved.

11 hours ago, oofers55 said:

This is it. Finally the head works. The head is no longer shadowless and the texture is no longer transparent. I'll add another image to confirm later on. Thank you very much for fixing this. I'll make sure to tell you if there's any other bug or glitches regarding the head (hopefully there's not), but in the meantime, the problem has been solved.

So this was a mesh issue that manifests itself as a texture problem. When you mentioned the heads were transparent and that you used the LE version of the mods, I realized the male head must have been for SE (still retained nialpha property). I'll make sure to update the mod, and I'll throw in the textures used in Better Bretons for the foxes as well.

On 6/14/2021 at 9:33 PM, Loki-the Leopard said:

btw i tried download mod from all links and again says "the archieve is either in unknown format or damaged" maybe you could give me another link that would fix the problem?

I'm very sure nothing is wrong with the download links. The only thing I can tell you is to try out different programs that can open a zipped file: WinZip, WinRar, 7Zip, etc.

On 6/19/2021 at 12:11 PM, Loki-the Leopard said:

I tried everything you said i even downloaded from different pc and even mobile but yet same problem, dont know why i have this problem only with this mod. I really want to play this mod?

Here's a google drive link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Acw-W1bAom75T71R-4gX_s_mQYyuPIl-?usp=sharing

Hopefully this works for you. If this doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you besides wait till I finish the standalone fox race OR play Better Bretons on Yiffy Age.

4 hours ago, DeathPuller said:

That one only fixes the male heads, I assume? Is there a fix for the female heads as well?

Before I do anything, what exactly is wrong with the female heads? It is the same issue that oofers55 pointed out for the male heads for the LE version? Are you using the SE or LE version of the mod?

5 hours ago, Loki-the Leopard said:

Can someone give download link for orginal Yiffy Age mod? I found 3 site for it but dont know which is main

The main page for LE is here and then go to the downloads tab and click the download link, which will take you to the Google Drive:

If you need SE click the link near the top of the mod page.

On 6/28/2021 at 2:03 PM, theshiba said:

Wasn't aware the female heads had a problem too. I'll make sure to get a fix up.

ok so remember the weird polygon glitching on the male head where the polygons will just spread outwards when you move the head and go bonkers. Its the same for the female it just goes all wild spreading like the thing trying eat you XD

im also a SE player and the SE version still all screwy

Edited by ZweiFree
21 hours ago, ZweiFree said:

ok so remember the weird polygon glitching on the male head where the polygons will just spread outwards when you move the head and go bonkers. Its the same for the female it just goes all wild spreading like the thing trying eat you XD

im also a SE player and the SE version still all screwy

9 hours ago, DeathPuller said:

The female heads have the same issue for me as oofers55, with the LE version. The head is semi transparent, with only a few parts not being transparent.

May y'all give these a try and let me know how they work out? Just place in the meshes from this zip into the folder where the head and mouth meshes are located for the replacer.

Edited by theshiba
Meshes still had problems so they were removed.
32 minutes ago, theshiba said:

Fixed Heads LE.rar 365.26 kB · 0 downloads Fixed Heads SE.rar 344.26 kB · 0 downloads

May y'all give these a try and let me know how they work out? Just place in the meshes from this zip into the folder where the head and mouth meshes are located for the replacer.

ok it seems to work to degree but new problem arise the SE one the head colors are overly strong and the hands pure black
lol got to love skyrim buggy mess self

ScreenShot1.png

ScreenShot3.png