I have been wondering weather or not sharing modlists and the like is a thing here. It seems intuitive that modlists/modpacks would be a common thing here because, while it isn't rocket science, the mods here do usually require some fiddling to set up properly. I haven't found many modlists though, only one beginner thing with FNIS and stuff in it, which is very helpful.

15 minutes ago, IluminatisHR said:

I have been wondering weather or not sharing modlists and the like is a thing here. It seems intuitive that modlists/modpacks would be a common thing here because, while it isn't rocket science, the mods here do usually require some fiddling to set up properly. I haven't found many modlists though, only one beginner thing with FNIS and stuff in it, which is very helpful.

By the fact you mention FNIS I'm guessing you mean Skyrim (or maybe Fallout)

I think there are a couple of members that have their mod lists/builds linked into their signatures but for the most part I haven't seen it nor would I recommend it. I imagine it would just encourage players, new to modding, to copy it, install 100+ mods all at once and wonder why their game no longer works.

Prefer people started slow and small, as most of us did and I just think list of modded game builds would have the opposite effect. Mind you I am a cynical, old cunt so perhaps I am wrong.

No.  Modlists are not a thing here.  There are many reasons.  Mainly it boils down to taste.  There are a ton of mods out there and many of them serve particular fetishes or needs.  Not everyone likes the same thing.  With this ability to pick and choose, tailoring your game to just the way you like it, there is no point to wasting time with mod lists.

• 2 weeks later...

Some kind of small mod list are pretty much automatic.

IF you follow the AAF guide in order to have the basic lewd stuff working then yeah this is some kind of sub modding list.

That is the same with physics for certain body types or stuff for the Workshop. But because things change (and their required mods) it is close to impossible to give and maintain a modding list that covers a Fallout that is maxed out in graphics game play and stuff.

Then there are a lot of manual edits that can't be uploaded since they might use assets from various mod authors that might disagree of them being used in a certain way.(or only work under certain conditions)

On 7/13/2020 at 10:55 AM, IluminatisHR said:

It seems intuitive that modlists/modpacks would be a common thing here

As was already mentioned modlists aren't a thing due to the wide and varied tastes of each individual. The only modpacks you might find is that of a single modder offering all their wares in one download. Other than that trying to get the permission from several different modders to offer their mods together is quite difficult if not impossible.