Devious Dragon Priest Masks

Devious Dragon Priest Masks

View File

Turns all the dragon priest masks into devious items. But why would a damsel lock these on herself intentionally? Well, for the benefits ofcourse. Some of the enchantments have been changed to make it worthwhile to use those, while I tried so stay within the theme of every mask. I also removed the armor rating from the masks so they don't interfere with DCLs collars.

Dragon priest masks are rather powerful relics, which are hard to remove. This might come in handy because they can only be forcefully unequipped by the strongest of items (quest items that is), but this also means you might not get out of them as easy as you'd like to. They can only be unlocked with a dragon priest key, which only drops from dragon priests or rarely from the boss chest of a draugr dungeon.

They are also resistant to your every day lockpick and require a dragon talon to pick instead. You have to kill twelve dragons on average to be able to pick the lock of a mask, though.

Some of the masks feature special features, which are as follows:
Hevnoraak and Morokei feature and open mouth and ring gag instead, because it better fit their purpose IMO. Hevnoraak is best suited for eating alchemy ingredients, which you can't do with a ball gag and Morokei gives shout cooldown (at least with the unofficial patch) so a ring gag seemed more accurate.

Hevnoraak, Volsung and the Wooden Mask can have their locks manipulated because their enchantments are intended for a temporary use mainly (alchemy ingredients, travel and getting into the past, respectively). This also has the side effect that they are easier to remove for other traps, though.

The Wooden Mask can easily be struggled out from and requires regular lockpicks, because we don't want our damsel to get stranded in the past due to not getting it off, do we?

Miraak's mask can be unlocked with his unique key, which he drops together with the mask. Instead of being a leveled reward the masks enchantment now scales with the characters level. The same has been implemented for Miraaks Sword so you don't have to worry about doing the quest at too low levels.

There will probably be some clipping with some hairstyles, but since I'm a noob at modeling I'm just glad I got it to work at all. If that causes serious issues for you show me a picture and give me the link to the hair mod and I'll see what I can do.

Requirements:

Devious Devices Integration and all of its requirements.

Soft requirements:
Dragonborn (if you choose to install the Dragonborn version)

Known incompatibilities:
-mods that change dragon priest masks (obviously)

-mods that change the loot table of dragon priests, dragons, draugr boss chests or Miraak

Known issues:

-This mod adds scripts to all of the dragon priest masks, I'm not sure how that works for the ones you already got, so you might have to give yourself a new instance of the item via console.

Credits:

Featuring Zadil’s meshes and textures from the Skyrim mod ‘Devious Devices: Assets’

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    06/19/2020
  • Category
  • Requires
    Devious Devices Integration
  • Special Edition Compatible

8 minutes ago, Garfieldcat said:

I love this idea! I'm all in for introducing more kinky stuff to vanilla (like the deviously vanilla mod!)
Thank you!

You're welcome. I feel like this should've been done a long time ago, but never had the time to fiddle out how to use the DD framework and papyrus.

Oooh, I was going to add the dragon priest masks to DV too at some point, but now I don't have to :P

I dropped a link in the recommended section of DV

16 minutes ago, Targultoon said:

Oooh, I was going to add the dragon priest masks to DV too at some point, but now I don't have to :P

I dropped a link in the recommended section of DV

Thank you. I still have a lot more ideas on how to make the vanilla game more devious, but most are not yet very thought through and I can only make so many, especially since I'm still very new to papyrus. Maybe I should check them by you at some point so we're not working on the same thing.

10 minutes ago, Skitskurr said:

Maybe I should check them by you at some point so we're not working on the same thing.

Eh, you could check my Gitlab issues, which contains most of the stuff I wanted to work on, but I think it probably won't matter too much. Anything really incompatible can always be solved by a separate patch

5 hours ago, AkiKay said:

I like this idea. I never bothered to wear these. Why spend hours making a character and it just covers up your whole face and not even give any good buffs. This mod combined with Hoodless Dragon Priest Masks makes them actually fun.

That mod would intefere with mine, because they both change the dragon priest masks. But I also turned them hoodless in my mod and have them some straps. They look like in the screenshots.

Great idea. We haven't had a nice set of items like this since the old Aradia items.

I also found the masks mostly useless. Now we have this and the devious Clavicus Vile masks as well.

I'm not sure yet about how well the new masks work, and whether there is enough reason to wear them, but I'm certainly going to try it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Added Devious Dragon Priest Masks to a running game (exchanged mods).

Above bashed patch because DDPM get's added to it.

Have already some masks collected before update and in my inventory.

To my surprise: Adding DDPM worked flawlessly and the masks in inventory got updated.

Now I need a lot more dragon encounters ^^

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I love this mod.  But I'm having a problem. Once I put on one of the regular masks you get from a priest, not the wooden one, I can't take it off. I click it and it shows it unequips but it doesn't come off.  The effects are still active and yes I have the dragon priest key.  What can I do?

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/1/2022 at 4:20 AM, RaptorVz said:

so. se ?

2024 and still wishing for it

so turns out i was wrong and it works fine (if you dont try to change stuff with CAO) thanks for mod :D

you can use creation for 43 to 44 with no problem

Ps looks great with Apophysis Dragon Priest Masks

Edited by sara666
More info