10 hours ago, kdoggg1971 said:

I didn't see any comments (may have missed, so sorry in advance) about this not playing well with Slavetats/Tattoos After Rape. I have an issue where these overlays go away, but they will sometimes take tattoos with them. Anyone have this issue and know how to fix it?

LooksMenu seems to sometimes get confused about which entries correspond to what actual displayed overlays, and removes rendering of the wrong one(s). Some basic workarounds for overlays you want to keep are to save/reload or create a preset and then apply it immediately prior to manually updating the overlays list in the LM interface, or to set the "order" number next to the overlays you want kept to something other than 0.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The body and shape shouldn't matter, this is implemented with overlay images which always appear on the surface of the body mesh anyway. You should go into the LooksMenu interface in game and under Body->Overlays check that there are actually overlays from this mod being applied.

On 2/2/2023 at 1:20 PM, vaultbait said:

The body and shape shouldn't matter, this is implemented with overlay images which always appear on the surface of the body mesh anyway. You should go into the LooksMenu interface in game and under Body->Overlays check that there are actually overlays from this mod being applied.

Wait, where is the looksmenu interface in game? i can't find it. should it be under MCM?

12 minutes ago, corinnegames said:

Wait, where is the looksmenu interface in game? i can't find it. should it be under MCM?

It will be displayed in the pre-war bathroom character creation screen, the character respec when initially using the Vault 111 exit elevator, DC Surgery Center (or surgery chair in settlements), or accessed by all sorts of mods (e.g. LooksMirror, the makeup mirror from Hardship, ...). Also you can just call it up from the console:

slm 1

Edit: For clarification, it's what the game engine refers to as the RaceMenu (a holdover from TES/Skyrim), the LooksMenu mod simply extends its functionality with a bunch of new features including an overlay manager in the body view.

Edited by vaultbait
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, JEFFRAAAAY said:

How long do the overlays stay on the Character?

On 6/17/2020 at 3:40 AM, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

More 'permanent' overlays could be an option in future, currently they're 5 minutes (unless something bugs and it glitches its way to permanent anyway, which happens with overlays in general).
If you want to set them to permanent yourself, you can edit the Duration in the Cum_overlayData.xml to blank, which I think makes it indefinite, I don't recall. Otherwise, you can set it to a massive value, like 30,000 or so (300 = 300 seconds = 5 minutes).

Otherwise, they act as any other, and thus yes, will work fine with WotC and any other cum-removal methods (though I think that's the only one currently, besides manually, via LooksMenu).

• 1 month later...
On 2/16/2023 at 8:22 AM, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

And where exactly is this file?

Found an ini in the following directory: Fallout 4\Data\MCM\Settings

Contained the following:

[Overlays]
bMaleOverlays=1
bFemaleOverlays=1
bMutantOverlays=1
bDogOverlays=1

But can't seem to find the cum_overlaydata.xml you reference. Where would I find this?

Having the issue of permanent cum, want to change that and just play with the time a bit

32 minutes ago, Gsus30 said:

And where exactly is this file?

Found an ini in the following directory: Fallout 4\Data\MCM\Settings

Contained the following:

[Overlays]
bMaleOverlays=1
bFemaleOverlays=1
bMutantOverlays=1
bDogOverlays=1

But can't seem to find the cum_overlaydata.xml you reference. Where would I find this?

Having the issue of permanent cum, want to change that and just play with the time a bit

It's data for AAF, so it will be in the Data\AAF directory.

Thank you found it,

So in the file I have to change the duration which would be the following number

<overlayGroup duration="60" quantity="1">

for each overlay right? 60 in this case being seconds? 

The overlay is never going away for me, even after multiple days so I am wondering what I can do here to change this.

1 hour ago, Gsus30 said:

Thank you found it,

So in the file I have to change the duration which would be the following number

<overlayGroup duration="60" quantity="1">

for each overlay right? 60 in this case being seconds? 

The overlay is never going away for me, even after multiple days so I am wondering what I can do here to change this.

AAF doesn't track overlay expiration across save/reload, so if you load a save made at a time when a temporary overlay was present it will just stay until removed by some other means. You can use LooksMenu's interface to unapply any overlays you don't want, but this is also why mods like Wash Out That Cum were created.

There's also a newer alternative to cum overlays, Commonwealth Moisturizer, which uses a clothing item mesh and face parts mesh, and therefore isn't subject to AAF's unreliable overlay expiration issue.

Edited by vaultbait

Hey, so I've been trying to fix this for awhile now:

I have WotC installed, B.Y.O.P. and obviously cum overlays. somehow, whenever I take a shower nothing gets removed. I don't know where the problem could be and I reinstalled everything a few times to try to find some issues. (loading order etc.)

does someone have the same problem? it's becomming permanent and "unwashable".

Thanks Guys :)

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Slorm said:

Check the Global Settings in the mod's MCM, you can set Cum Duration there

I look into the setting, there is none. Do you know what happen to it?

I look at MCM Settings as well, nothing was shown there.

20230515035214_1.jpg.a07325bbfe48f4f0ef660ca4b077876b.jpg

Edited by DrSeptimus
1 hour ago, DrSeptimus said:

I look into the setting, there is none. Do you know what happen to it?

I look at MCM Settings as well, nothing was shown there.

20230515035214_1.jpg.a07325bbfe48f4f0ef660ca4b077876b.jpg

My sincerest apologies, sorry I was mixing this up with Commonwealth Moisturizer (meh, I'm going senile)

To adjust the time you need to adjust it in the Cum_overlayData.xml in the AAF folder

<overlayGroup duration="300" quantity="1">

The number refers to the number of seconds and appears in a number of sections. For unlimited duration you can delete duration="300" as in the screenie below

Spoiler

Untitled.jpg.e39a49b872d759ac6591c1f915b30c1c.jpg

Edited by Slorm
23 hours ago, Slorm said:

My sincerest apologies, sorry I was mixing this up with Commonwealth Moisturizer (meh, I'm going senile)

To adjust the time you need to adjust it in the Cum_overlayData.xml in the AAF folder

<overlayGroup duration="300" quantity="1">

The number refers to the number of seconds and appears in a number of sections. For unlimited duration you can delete duration="300" as in the screenie below

Hide contents

Untitled.jpg.e39a49b872d759ac6591c1f915b30c1c.jpg

Thx for the info..

Between, is the duration based on real time or game time?

15 hours ago, DrSeptimus said:

Thx for the info..

Between, is the duration based on real time or game time?

It's realtime, so the default is 5 minutes realtime (300 seconds)

Edited by Slorm