[question][creationkit] How can I prevent a special item type to be stacked in the players inventory screen?

I want to create some special unique items for my mod and would like to prevent them from being stacked in the PC inventory, if the player aquires a few of them.

My scenario:

• I have a baseobject e.g. "Special Bottle".
  • The player can obtain a few of them
  • In the inventory, the PC would get usually get a stack with my "Special Bottle" items and it would show how many are in there
  • But I would like to have them each individually with their own entry in the inventory

Is this possible? Anybody has an idea how this could work?

24 minutes ago, worik said:

I want to create some special unique items for my mod and would like to prevent them from being stacked in the PC inventory, if the player aquires a few of them.

My scenario:

• I have a baseobject e.g. "Special Bottle".
  • The player can obtain a few of them
  • In the inventory, the PC would get usually get a stack with my "Special Bottle" items and it would show how many are in there
  • But I would like to have them each individually with their own entry in the inventory

Is this possible? Anybody has an idea how this could work?

What's wrong with simply making each one unique? For example, clear special bottle, red special bottle, blue special bottle, etc. Each would have a unique ID, no fuss - no muss.

35 minutes ago, Psalam said:

What's wrong with simply making each one unique? For example, clear special bottle, red special bottle, blue special bottle, etc. Each would have a unique ID, no fuss - no muss.

That would be my workaround.

But i liked the idea to have to create them only once, let the gameplay decide where and how many the PC collects. But to make them special in the inventory or whereever the player stores them for later ...

I'm still not sure if it is even posible ?

6 minutes ago, worik said:

That would be my workaround.

But i liked the idea to have to create them only once, let the gameplay decide where and how many the PC collects. But to make them special in the inventory or whereever the player stores them for later ...

I'm still not sure if it is even posible ?

Well, I'll shut up and let someone smarter talk but I would do as I suggested above putting the same keyword ("bottle") on all of them and doing my sorting/searching by keyword.

1 hour ago, travelmedic said:

How does the game handle the "Unusual Gems" or "Stones of Barenziah" in CK?  They don't usually stack unless you have a mod that does it, IIRC.

Strange ? I can see an inventory object in the CK but it has nothing unsual to it ..  But the idea is a good one!  There must be something...

So I pulled up my Skyrim MO and opened "PCE - Marked and Droppable Barenziah Stones" (from Palaces and Castles Enhanced on Nexus) in TES5Edit.

Disclaimer - I really don't know what I'm talking about for most of this stuff...  Anyway, that mod adds/alters some sort of quest alias condition to the stones.  I don't know if that's to give them map markers, or the part that makes them stackable.  Maybe you could do something opposite to make them not stackable.

It also takes away their quest object status (the part that will make them droppable).

Sorry, I have no more expertise than that and it's probably not useful or helpful to you, but maybe it will give you some ideas.  There are also other stackable Barenziah stones on Nexus that may give you a clue.

1 hour ago, travelmedic said:

Anyway, that mod adds/alters some sort of quest alias condition to the stones

Yes, it makes them quest objects. That could be the solution that I am looking for. Though I would need to make all of them individua quest objects .. ?

Of course, this would come with the same disadvantage as Psalams idea...

Nevertheless, thanks again. At least, it gives me an idea to play with :classic_smile: