Sim 4 Ecolifestyle expansion definitive trailer

Hmmm ... I just re-watched that trailer and I noticed something in the background. So I looked it up and confirmed it ... the eco-lifestyle pack will have working functional ladders. Which means my plans of secret attics and dungeon prisons no longer will no longer rely on the oddities of staircase placements.

And the post-apocalypse games could do with pollution, helping keep the victims inside and justifying the evil experiments.

Not to mention the uses of the WooHoo Dumpster, especially with Basemental Gangs. New animations will have to be made for that.

While in and of itself it's not that exciting, the components , properly exploited, have a lot of potential. Not to mention having more territory to play in.

Did any of you talking shit about it even watch gameplay of it? Some stuff can be placed anywhere regardless of grid now. They went over all the worlds and added some new mechanics to them which will be surely an awesome framework for mods. As far as i can tell, the whole world will change depending on choices that can be voted on every week or so, making previously good neighborhoods run down with trash everywhere, turn it into an industrial area or a green area or whatever. Tie some Drug or Gang mod into that and it'll be awesome. Apparently they also changed/added some woohoo related stuff which could be interesting for WW. Also, working ladders, the whole makerspace thing-...  They only showed the most boring and useless stuff in the trailer, but the actual expansion has so much more. Yeah it's not everybodies cup of tea, yeah Paralives is a thing, but hating anything EA does is such a 2012 thing to do.

9 hours ago, GreyMouse said:

Yeah, sims 3 got weird when it started making you take out ep and sp because you had too many and it slowed the game. What kind of shit is that? I bought all of those because it was what I wanted. The way I look at it with sims 4 is I buy packs that have what I want. I have all the gps because of build and buy shit, not necessarily gameplay. Like get famous. I could care less about the gameplay side of it but I wanted some of the stuff that came with it. This eco has nothing I really want other than the solar panels, but I found those from a mod someone linked to. I see it this way, if there is something I don't want, I just don't buy it. Greed or providing bullshit to the masses is what seems to drive the markets. I damn sure didn't vote for knitting and I don't care about werewolves, but why bitch about it? I just won't buy it and I'll wait for something I do want. I would love to have cars again or open worlds, but I doubt we'll get that back. Sorry, that was more ranting than I meant for it to be.

?

Cars still posible , open world nope xd, I tried with blender and you can create larger world and animate it but you need a 3000$ usd pc or gonna explode. In that case marketing of fast results may destroy open world games. Since Ark evolved which is 250gb game I doubt any studio take that risk for sims games. You need potato PC be able to play with, in order to win money. May they add more simple packs. I read somewhere future plans are focused on sim Hobbies  expansionfusion + hipsters lifestyle. 

15 hours ago, Elsalovescocaine said:

Cars still posible , open world nope xd, I tried with blender and you can create larger world and animate it but you need a 3000$ usd pc or gonna explode. In that case marketing of fast results may destroy open world games. Since Ark evolved which is 250gb game I doubt any studio take that risk for sims games. You need potato PC be able to play with, in order to win money. May they add more simple packs. I read somewhere future plans are focused on sim Hobbies  expansionfusion + hipsters lifestyle. 

Yeah, I figured the open world concept was dead. Cars would be great, but who knows. I'll just go with what I have been doing and picking things that really look good to me as I go. If a pack or whatever doesn't look appealing, then I don't buy it. Somebody up above was commenting on people talking shit about it, but I could care less about all the "new mechanics" and fucking in dumpsters or what you can do with gangs hanging around. I'm gonna keep playing sims the way I have been and wait for things I will pay for and ignore the shit I don't want. What the fuck is a hipster lifestyle? Some hobbies could be cool but lets see what they pick out for that.

?

20 hours ago, Elsalovescocaine said:

If the TS5 engine is optimized well enough then open world wont be any more taxing than the current system. The performance difference between TS3 and TS4 wasn't because of the open world, it was because the base Game engine was fucked beyond any repair with no optimization. I have said 3000$ PC and i can't play TS3 with all expansions and stuff properly either. That's saying something.

1 hour ago, Doomdriven said:

If the TS5 engine is optimized well enough then open world wont be any more taxing than the current system. The performance difference between TS3 and TS4 wasn't because of the open world, it was because the base Game engine was fucked beyond any repair with no optimization. I have said 3000$ PC and i can't play TS3 with all expansions and stuff properly either. That's saying something.

I had an Alienware (not that expensive) and I couldn't play with all of the sims 3 expansions after a point. Then I went Mac and could only play 4 because my discs for 3 wouldn't cross over. It is what it is.

8 hours ago, GreyMouse said:

I figured the open world concept was dead.

According to Maxis, Sulani (Island Living) was open world. They later changed it to "semi-open world", but it's the same, just the lots are spread out a bit more, and the roads are water.

5 hours ago, Doomdriven said:

A game is optimized via mesh size, and people love details, open worlds mean big meshes, and every single of them affects performance. On games like grand theft auto, you can note massive frame rate down, due to interactions. On sims  is more complicated to do, cause you have 20 sims. Per lot interacting constantly , that’s require  massive processing power, cause they are using traits, friendbarz, love, python, motive decay, lighting, movement, world, climate, etc. meanwhile on gta is just one dude doing a simple pre programmed actions and rest of online dudes are the same.  Add to sims worlds even more problems with NPC complex interactions.

if we want a game that support that and full open world, you are gonna need a 48 cores pc  312gb ram with 64 gb video card. Maybe in 2038 will be possible.

1 hour ago, 2cool4u_1 said:

According to Maxis, Sulani (Island Living) was open world. They later changed it to "semi-open world", but it's the same, just the lots are spread out a bit more, and the roads are water.

Problem with Sulani is that biggest ocean part was wasted with nothing xd. The volcano area and second coast could,ve been a full beach for people and a party place like the mini party secret area on windenburg .

9 hours ago, Elsalovescocaine said:

A game is optimized via mesh size, and people love details, open worlds mean big meshes, and every single of them affects performance. On games like grand theft auto, you can note massive frame rate down, due to interactions. On sims  is more complicated to do, cause you have 20 sims. Per lot interacting constantly , that’s require  massive processing power, cause they are using traits, friendbarz, love, python, motive decay, lighting, movement, world, climate, etc. meanwhile on gta is just one dude doing a simple pre programmed actions and rest of online dudes are the same.  Add to sims worlds even more problems with NPC complex interactions.

if we want a game that support that and full open world, you are gonna need a 48 cores pc  312gb ram with 64 gb video card. Maybe in 2038 will be possible.

Not really, tho. Did you watch the Unreal engine Demo recently? They had billion poly scenes and it ran completely fine on (allagedly) the PS5, which still isn't nearly as powerfull as a decent PC. The AI running in the background also isn't a big problem with modern CPU architectures, i mean they get used for anything from folding to mining and that's far more taxing than open world TS5 could ever get (unless it's 1:1 population density maybe). Also, the optimization is in big parts the game engine itself, the code base of it and how effective it all works. Meshes, textures, lighting are just parts of it, but i had million poly scenes running on a game from 2004 with reshade and enb ontop of that with DSR on without any problems with a cheap'ish PC. TS3 was just a rushed mess of a game with bad coding, nothing more nothing less. If they would do a remaster of TS3 but with the TS4 engine (with adjustments for the open world ofcourse)  i would probably bet 10 bucks that it would run just as good as TS4 does now.

54 minutes ago, Doomdriven said:

Not really, tho. Did you watch the Unreal engine Demo recently? They had billion poly scenes and it ran completely fine on (allagedly) the PS5, which still isn't nearly as powerfull as a decent PC. The AI running in the background also isn't a big problem with modern CPU architectures, i mean they get used for anything from folding to mining and that's far more taxing than open world TS5 could ever get (unless it's 1:1 population density maybe). Also, the optimization is in big parts the game engine itself, the code base of it and how effective it all works. Meshes, textures, lighting are just parts of it, but i had million poly scenes running on a game from 2004 with reshade and enb ontop of that with DSR on without any problems with a cheap'ish PC. TS3 was just a rushed mess of a game with bad coding, nothing more nothing less. If they would do a remaster of TS3 but with the TS4 engine (with adjustments for the open world ofcourse)  i would probably bet 10 bucks that it would run just as good as TS4 does now.

If the AI running on background weren’t a problem lol, play a game that need massive processor power like city skilines or transport fever. Games with more actors requires more processor power. TS3 exaggerated actors in open world, that’s why is so laggy. About game demos, all companies test render motors and make trailers on rendercows. They always lie about performance. Render cows are servers that run a game in order to make cinematic trailers to scam people. And sell. You never gonna get a game that looks that the trailer, unless you have a big server instead of a simple pc or console. For a game like Ts4 and open world we need to wait for a next generation of computers.  When a server have console size.

The EA/Maxis trailer was pretty lame but some of the 'Let's Play' youtube videos by Gamechangers are much better.

I was a 'nope' voter until after watching more videos and now I'm a 'maybe'.

It has some nice beds and furniture that can only be had buy making them using recycled materials with the recycling machine.

Although you can still use cheats to get them I think.

Dumpster diving and quite a fair amount of new BB objects and some new interactive machines to play with.

TV, Dining Table & Chairs(From Sims 1), Bed, Sink, Toilet and other things can be found when dumpster diving.

New town that has some interesting things going on, but still nothing like the Willow Creek or Windenburg neighborhoods.

Solar Roofing, Solar Panels, Windmills, Water Collectors, Generators, Bio Fuel, Bug Raising, Fizzy Juice Machine, Fires, Firemen, Repo Man, Candle Making, New Bike, etc.  

6 hours ago, Elsalovescocaine said:

If the AI running on background weren’t a problem lol, play a game that need massive processor power like city skilines or transport fever. Games with more actors requires more processor power. TS3 exaggerated actors in open world, that’s why is so laggy. About game demos, all companies test render motors and make trailers on rendercows. They always lie about performance. Render cows are servers that run a game in order to make cinematic trailers to scam people. And sell. You never gonna get a game that looks that the trailer, unless you have a big server instead of a simple pc or console. For a game like Ts4 and open world we need to wait for a next generation of computers.  When a server have console size.

That's why i said allegedly in brackets. :D Still, tho. Yeah there are other games with complex AI running all the time, but it still is mostly a matter of Optimization. You can have the most basic AI in a game and still have it run like shit and constantly crash because the Engine is just badly written as was the case with TS3. To add to that they even made the Worlds broken as hell with broken routing and what not, stuff making Sims get stuck in an endless loop, and that didn't help performance either. An example of a fairly well optimized Game would be GTA5 (with GTA4 being the counterpart, like TS3 is to TS4) and it would probably not even tank in performance if you were to increase the traffic/population by 5x or 10x. The AI might not be as complex as TS5s will be but you will never have that many Sims in a World anyway so i'd say that's a fair comparison.

• 2 weeks later...

I barely swallowed the eco-nonsense in 'Island Living'...but now that Greta Thunberg has joined the development team, this eco-living expansion is pretty grim. I was hoping for 'bright', 'futuristic', 'fun'...this is nothing but real world politics being injected into our game and that's not fun. If they are hoping to condition and indoctrinate us into believing that being poor is good for us and that less is more because we're saving the environment [climate change is a damned lie] and that recycling everything will save the planet...they failed to convince me.

On 5/22/2020 at 3:32 AM, Elsalovescocaine said:

Gaming always change I remember when people believed call of duty will be forever best shooter, they abused people with ultra overpriced  dlc , online pay, micropayments, weapon skin for money, more dlc, even more dlc. Pay for keep your stats on servers. And finally people get bored and a lot of new shooters games destroyed their empire. Sims are on free fall with EA. I am honestly seeing a disaster on sims 5. Maybe be online and you must pay to play every month and buy expansion and packs even micropayments for simoleons the In game  money or for buy  in game items. Remember EA is EA.

Elsa, I have been talking about this shit for the last few years...people are seriously tired of listening. In this paragraph, you have summed up Sims 5. It's going to be another Sim City car crash. Don't get me wrong, the hardcore vanilla 'we don't want mods' fanbase will force themselves to love it. But Sims 4 will be the end of Sims for me personally...I already have two separate hard drives in my computer with backup installations of Sims 4...hopefully that will keep me playing for the next 10 years or so!

'Harvesting insects for a crunchy alternative to meat'...I mean, seriously? Are we becoming a third world society? This expansion pack is not worth your money.

8 hours ago, Winterlight Soul said:

Elsa, I have been talking about this shit for the last few years...people are seriously tired of listening. In this paragraph, you have summed up Sims 5. It's going to be another Sim City car crash. Don't get me wrong, the hardcore vanilla 'we don't want mods' fanbase will force themselves to love it. But Sims 4 will be the end of Sims for me personally...I already have two separate hard drives in my computer with backup installations of Sims 4...hopefully that will keep me playing for the next 10 years or so!

Sims 4 gonna last another 15 years. People still playing sims 2. And mods still online just look ps5 is just a PS4 with a new video card and more ram.  But more expensive.  Sims 5 gonna follow sims 4 graphics but with online features for money as  the sims online do.

The fact that this expansion is full priced is the most confusing thing about it for me. It is just as bizarre a move as Katy Perry's Sweet Treats and the Moschino stuff pack costing real money.

If one is going to try to sell a prospective audience on something, it should not cost them anything to hear one's pitch.

KFC understood this with 'I Love You, Colonel Sanders'. This is a step back to the days of Cool Spot and Yo Noid.