metalr1

• 1 month later...

OOooo so we are talking half spider/half human trypes? like monster girls.... aka one of my ...er...yeah....

I don't know anything about model editing but cutting the head off of a spider model and adding the top half of a body model shouldn't be TOO hard right???

EDIT: i would guess the skeleton will be harder to do. im extracting the spider stuff from skyrim now...

EDIT2:
post-116859-0-57005200-1399115632_thumb.png

Camera...bone...what?

OOooo so we are talking half spider/half human trypes? like monster girls.... aka one of my ...er...yeah....

I don't know anything about model editing but cutting the head off of a spider model and adding the top half of a body model shouldn't be TOO hard right???

EDIT: i would guess the skeleton will be harder to do. im extracting the spider stuff from skyrim now...

EDIT2:

attachicon.gifwot.png

Camera...bone...what?

i dunno what you are doing mate because i have no knowledge in modding but i wish you luck and if needed i could send more images of examples and such 

i dunno what you are doing mate because i have no knowledge in modding but i wish you luck and if needed i could send more images of examples and such 

Nah its good, it to be honest don't know much but i wanted to look at the spider skeleton to see how "compatible" it is.

its looks ok, strange stuff in there like the camera bone in that image i posted. but i have already played around with the skeleton.

I removes the spider head, fangs and the two extra arms, and it looks like it might be possible to just place a top half of a skeleton onto it. i just don't think ill be able to do it...

Guest kimbale

I've looked into this stuff extensively, and let me tell you, you're in for a hell lot of work. You'll need to make all the animations (ie havoc bahvior stuff) and what not with the old (and sometimes just idiosyncratic) Havoc content tools in an old version of 3dsmax. Even getting to editing stuff is an endless journey, not to mention getting it into skyrim in a working form.

I've only managed to get some simple proof of concept done and it took me months of trial and error. The biggest problem is that all this stuff is just plain undocumented. And even the stuff that make this possible are mods based on mods. I stopped modding skyrim entirely because i just grew more and more frustrated at this stuff. :dodgy:

After all that negativity, this is what needs to be done:

- Slice up your favorite body mod mesh and put it on a spider body - or model something completely new.

- Create a skeleton for it - reusing any re-exported .nif skeletons seems to only fuck up anything in my experience.

- Weightpaint the mesh to that skeleton.

- Make all the animations.

- Get it to export a complete .nif mesh and .hkx skeleton.

- Run the animations through FNIS to get behaviour files.

- Set it up as a new race in the CK.

This goes for any custom creatures btw. It is somehow technically possible, but i gave up after finding out that i had to rollback to the skeleton when it majorly crapped up in skyrim. It all seems fine and well until you test it and find out that skyrim does NOT handle animation and all that stuff like you set it up in the havoc tools. Guess the full havoc animation suite would be needed for that...

I've looked into this stuff extensively, and let me tell you, you're in for a hell lot of work. You'll need to make all the animations (ie havoc bahvior stuff) and what not with the old (and sometimes just idiosyncratic) Havoc content tools in an old version of 3dsmax. Even getting to editing stuff is an endless journey, not to mention getting it into skyrim in a working form.

I've only managed to get some simple proof of concept done and it took me months of trial and error. The biggest problem is that all this stuff is just plain undocumented. And even the stuff that make this possible are mods based on mods. I stopped modding skyrim entirely because i just grew more and more frustrated at this stuff. :dodgy:

After all that negativity, this is what needs to be done:

- Slice up your favorite body mod mesh and put it on a spider body - or model something completely new.

- Create a skeleton for it - reusing any re-exported .nif skeletons seems to only fuck up anything in my experience.

- Weightpaint the mesh to that skeleton.

- Make all the animations.

- Get it to export a complete .nif mesh and .hkx skeleton.

- Run the animations through FNIS to get behaviour files.

- Set it up as a new race in the CK.

This goes for any custom creatures btw. It is somehow technically possible, but i gave up after finding out that i had to rollback to the skeleton when it majorly crapped up in skyrim. It all seems fine and well until you test it and find out that skyrim does NOT handle animation and all that stuff like you set it up in the havoc tools. Guess the full havoc animation suite would be needed for that...

And then there's still the issue of facial morphing. Without that, there's zero customization.

This is why the upper half of the spider Daedra model mentioned earlier is completely static.

Trykz

Nah its good, it to be honest don't know much but i wanted to look at the spider skeleton to see how "compatible" it is.

its looks ok, strange stuff in there like the camera bone in that image i posted. but i have already played around with the skeleton.

I removes the spider head, fangs and the two extra arms, and it looks like it might be possible to just place a top half of a skeleton onto it. i just don't think ill be able to do it...

just now i got a most brilliant idea , how about not making that thing into a race but instead a kind of a transformation thing like the werewolf or the vampire lord ? what do you think/say ?

just now i got a most brilliant idea , how about not making that thing into a race but instead a kind of a transformation thing like the werewolf or the vampire lord ? what do you think/say ?

Its a good idea, either way. but as kimbale said and I fully agree with them, animation will be the 1 things that's hardest to do AND most scarce of people willing to help with/do.

but face morphs? should be quite easy, copy and paste the code over from whatever body they decide to use (don't quote me on this, as i dont know how that stuff works. all i know is if your using the top half of the body/head everything normal should work there right?)

And then there's still the issue of facial morphing. Without that, there's zero customization.

This is why the upper half of the spider Daedra model mentioned earlier is completely static.

Trykz

If you make a hybrid between normal upper body female and bottom spider that shouldn't be too big a problem.

The face mesh would still be default face mesh, the weapon nodes would be for the most part similar and you'd still have hand meshes.

The only thing to get taken out would be the thighs and lower I think to be replaced with a spider skeleton or entire new branch itself.

But then this leads to the arduous task of animating.

Which I am hoping might not need be as arduous as people make it out to be.

I dunno much, but I'm experimenting with techniques on how to upconvert animations from previous beth games using retargeting.

Who know, if it works out all right, maybe we could use it to retarget spider walking animation onto a new hybrid skeleton.

No idea if it'll work though or if retargeting keyframe animations is possible....

If you make a hybrid between normal upper body female and bottom spider that shouldn't be too big a problem.

The face mesh would still be default face mesh, the weapon nodes would be for the most part similar and you'd still have hand meshes.

The only thing to get taken out would be the thighs and lower I think to be replaced with a spider skeleton or entire new branch itself.

But then this leads to the arduous task of animating.

Which I am hoping might not need be as arduous as people make it out to be.

I dunno much, but I'm experimenting with techniques on how to upconvert animations from previous beth games using retargeting.

Who know, if it works out all right, maybe we could use it to retarget spider walking animation onto a new hybrid skeleton.

No idea if it'll work though or if retargeting keyframe animations is possible....

That's some lovely news blabba, i also thought the whole "top half human" part would make some things easier. what do you think abou armour/clothing? could it just be split too? (ignoring boots)

No idea.

I also failed to take into account BSdismemberment stuff for decapitations and killmoves and such so I really have no idea.

I would hope that armour would work like what you describe not a clue though.

No idea.

I also failed to take into account BSdismemberment stuff for decapitations and killmoves and such so I really have no idea.

I would hope that armour would work like what you describe not a clue though.

bouncy bouncy!

dismemberment could just just be ignored, i never found it interesting anyway. from my understanding its not required right?

if we can get everything else working tho...well ill be seriously happy.

Ah just put some spider leg appendages on the back of a sexy humanoid with some custom skins , give her the ability to "spit" like the frostbite spiders and maybe some other custom spells. and I would be happy. Spider doesn't actually have to mean drider.....look at Elise from LoL for a very sexy example :)

Ah just put some spider leg appendages on the back of a sexy humanoid with some custom skins , give her the ability to "spit" like the frostbite spiders and maybe some other custom spells. and I would be happy. Spider doesn't actually have to mean drider.....look at Elise from LoL for a very sexy example :)

It's drider or the highway for me.

Driders are a must, just like oranges.

Same, iv never herd of the term "drider" before but a quick google search confimerd it. Centaur like half human half spider. I WAN IT SO BAD

OH MY GOD LOOK WHAT I FOUND!

5236510-1382337429.jpg

EDIT2: ok i think it originated from THIS mod. downloading now to have a look at the files.

if your going to have a spider queen race it should be something more sexy than a human torso and spider abdomen squished together, something along the lines of this :http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/294/f/4/elise_the_spider_queen_by_zeronis-d5ihue1.jpg

then the race should be able to change into a spider as her race ability.

i would love to see a race like this in game and would actively play as it if it was released.

This idea would mesh nicely with the race mod that I'm work on.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/22033-wip-dhaerrow-traitor-of-the-underdark/?p=543181

I don't know how to get any sort of animating or modeling done, but if someone else could make it work, I'd certainly be happy to create "Lolth" (The Spider Queen).  With enough guess and check, I bet I could make her have a transformation spell, to either turn her into a nasty dryder or at least a big spider.

Maybe have a quest to defeat her and absorb her power to transform...?  Who doesn't want to role play the deity of chaos!

This idea would mesh nicely with the race mod that I'm work on.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/22033-wip-dhaerrow-traitor-of-the-underdark/?p=543181

I don't know how to get any sort of animating or modeling done, but if someone else could make it work, I'd certainly be happy to create "Lolth" (The Spider Queen).  With enough guess and check, I bet I could make her have a transformation spell, to either turn her into a nasty dryder or at least a big spider.

Maybe have a quest to defeat her and absorb her power to transform...?  Who doesn't want to role play the deity of chaos!

I would love to see an underdark type mod in skyrim, but unfortunately I think the closest we'll get is Blackreach and technically dwemer are a trype of elf as well.

If you could convince a land modder to make such a Black Reach/Underdarkesque type world space/massive dungeon it'd be the perfect place for hopefully the future of Driders in skyrim.

But I'm getting a head of myself here, such a mod would certainly take quote a long time if my own mods are anything to go by.

And I still gotta figure out animation retargeting :(

Oh I love driders too (especially rachnee from everday monster girl) but I love all monster girls and all variations of them :).........well except maybe the unfortunate lamia types like in Monmusu Quest.

Same, iv never herd of the term "drider" before but a quick google search confimerd it. Centaur like half human half spider. I WAN IT SO BAD

5236510-1382337429.jpg

EDIT2: ok i think it originated from THIS mod. downloading now to have a look at the

look at this summon creature from http://nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49198/? Unfortunately the upper boody stays in a static pose though.

post-205179-0-18902900-1399270021_thumb.png

post-205179-0-75339800-1399270044_thumb.png

EDIT2: ok i think it originated from THIS mod. downloading now to have a look at the

look at this summon creature from http://nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49198/? Unfortunately the upper boody stays in a static pose though.

thats a nicer look than what i found. my mod has no arms they are modelled to be on the 9th and 10th arm of the spider (yeah spiders in skyrim have 10 arms, dont ask me why)

ill download ans have a look at your model later today.

thats a nicer look than what i found. my mod has no arms they are modelled to be on the 9th and 10th arm of the spider (yeah spiders in skyrim have 10 arms, dont ask me why)

The spiders in skyrim have 10 arms because they are based/modeled on Tarantulas which really do have 10 arms , their 2 extra arms are closer to their face because they used those to punch and beat their prey and make it easier and more comfortable to eat they use the arms to shove the food into their mouths

The spiders in skyrim have 10 arms because they are based/modeled on Tarantulas which really do have 10 arms , their 2 extra arms are closer to their face because they used those to punch and beat their prey and make it easier and more comfortable to eat they use the arms to shove the food into their mouths

lol ok...

Ayway heres the model in nifskope:

post-116859-0-53365000-1399296517_thumb.png

Looks rather good, possibly cbbe based not sure.

The hands are huge...not sure why...

The human parts have no skeletal information, its literally a female top mesh placed ontop lol.

Archived