Venus Vacation Mod Manager v1.4 / Mod Maker v0.7

23 minutes ago, krunkDunk said:

You can get the suit icons from the ingame gacha info ( blue button in the top right of gacha banner )... it's a link to a html file on their website.

So when you are looking at the gacha info, right-click to the left of the scrollbar and select properties.

Then copy the URL, and put it in your browser

Save the html file to your drive - it should also save the icon files in a folder with the same name.

Right-clicking on the page is disabled, so use your browser's menubar to select File>Save Page As...

or you can use webdev tools to change the <body> element's 'oncontextmenu="return false;"' ... erase it or change "return false;" to "" then right-click save page as

Good to know but not what I was looking for. I try to have the same visual design for all my mods, so using the ingame images once and then use the cutouts from the html link isnt what I wanna do. Thanks anyway

54 minutes ago, etsorhtt said:

@avenger54

Great stuff, gonna test new features tomorrow! Made a lil' thingy:

Hide contents

logo.png

I like that banner. it fits the style perfect.

@avenger54

Would it be possible for the program to only add "_preview.jpg" etc to the end of the file name and still get recognized for the preview frame? Not that it is a big issue to name all file just "preview.jpg" but it would help having some difference in name to reduce errors, or placing wrong files because all preview images are named the same.

7 hours ago, etsorhtt said:

Great stuff, gonna test new features tomorrow! Made a lil' thingy:

Oh, this looks really nice! Thanks! Added it to the app.

6 hours ago, knight77 said:

Would it be possible for the program to only add "_preview.jpg"

Yeah, that's better, will add some flexibility. Updated the manager, now files will be recognized as long as they end with *preview.jpg or *info.txt.

13 hours ago, APsychedelic said:

I think it would be cool (but time consuming / not everybody on board / different opinions etc) if there was like a base "pack format" for mods, that way it would be easier for an utility like this to take full advantage. Eg. if all mods had a keys.txt with the keybinds (if applicable) and those could be shown in the tool, or a readme.txt with description and in the case of several styles keys.txt could have like sections with ids/abcde etc that then would be mapped to PNGs or JPEGs for preview and so on so forth.

True. But I guess it's a bit too late now, we're 2.5 years into the game and there's simply too many mods to update. All creators have their own habits. But if we'll start with previews and descriptions it'll already be good enough to navigate through the mod folder.

The manager found possible conflicts because I had this duplicate comment in a couple of ini files

; Swimsuit IB hash updated 2019/05/08

It may be a rare case but it's good to know an instance the conflict search is a little off from a simple mistake.

38 minutes ago, krunkDunk said:

The manager found possible conflicts because I had this duplicate comment in a couple of ini files

; Swimsuit IB hash updated 2019/05/08

It may be a rare case but it's good to know an instance the conflict search is a little off from a simple mistake.

Thank you! Changed the logic to only check hash line if it starts with "hash" (before it was contains). Now it should only pick active hashes and ignore commented with ; and other irrelevant lines.

Updated the manager.

So, the mod manager has no problem rendering a png including it's alpha channel. I just renamed the file extension to .jpg. Maybe allow the search of the previews to include and prioritize png? Having optional transparency seems like a nice thing.

8 hours ago, krunkDunk said:

So, the mod manager has no problem rendering a png including it's alpha channel. I just renamed the file extension to .jpg. Maybe allow the search of the previews to include and prioritize png? Having optional transparency seems like a nice thing.

Yeah, that'll be rather easy to do. PNG files are bigger though and naturally slower to process that's why I discourage using them for previews. But I can do it as an option. I'll include it in new update, around this weekend I think.

Updated with version 0.5

It now takes match_first_index into account when compare hashes which makes conflict search way more accurate. Added the support for PNG format for preview pics. Also did some optimization here and there.

Updated with version 0.6

03.png.d2ec5ee7fcafe51748e6803f23d4ff92.png

Mod Manager now checks the hash data inside each folder or ini file and then, if there's no preview, will show the outfit hash data of which matches the data from the mod. This way we can have relatively accurate preview for most of the mods even if there's no preview made by the creator.

I also finally made the conflict search fast so now "always search for conflicts" option is actually usable.

2 hours ago, krunkDunk said:

I can't think of an easy automated way

Yeah, that took A LOT of time. Around halfway through I realised I can write a tool to give me the needed info so that did speed up the process significantly but it was still a very tedious task. At least now it's done and I can return to adding new features.

hash.jpg.95e27afd92ba961ae2f09e80c232ed59.jpg

Updated with version 0.7

0.7-3.png.015dde5ce6b75216e4dda4c01aee2d38.png

Now MM can search for Costume Customizer packs inside the Mods folder and allow you to install or remove them from CC framework.

Also added context menu for mods. Not much new there for now but maybe it'll be useful for something in the future. 

22 minutes ago, DOSDOS said:

I think that my PC environment is the cause, but when I select the Mods folder, an error appears and I cannot start it.

It's kinda hard to tell what's the issue here, maybe it's related to japanese locale or something. Did you have same problems with earlier versions?

Does 0.6 have the same problem?

VV_ModManager_0.6.rar

8 hours ago, DOSDOS said:

V0.6 works fine.

Yes, I rechecked again and turned out there was a bug if you don't have Costume Customizer installed. Fixed it, please redownload. Thanks for finding it out, it was really a critical bug to miss, I should be more careful with releases.

On 5/24/2020 at 3:39 PM, avenger54 said:

Yes, I rechecked again and turned out there was a bug if you don't have Costume Customizer installed. Fixed it, please redownload. Thanks for finding it out, it was really a critical bug to miss, I should be more careful with releases.

I got error from v0.7 at checking mods location

like this C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DOAX-VenusVacation\Mods\

I dont know how to fix it

I have used CC and VVMM worked fine in previous versions.

5 hours ago, zack1994 said:

which hi-res skin to work in the CostumeCustomizer folder?

You better ask this in CostumeCustomizer thread. Skins are usually tied to the mod packs, like BP boobs one uses different textures than other mods.

1 hour ago, starash said:

I got error from v0.7 at checking mods location

like this C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DOAX-VenusVacation\Mods\

Try to run Mod Manager as administrator. Program Files folder probably requires admin rights to move\copy files and if there's no permissions it'll result in error. Also make sure you're downloaded version 0.7.1, that one is fixed. If it won't help please send me the screenshot of the error, I'll see what I can do about it.

11 minutes ago, zack1994 said:

stays like this with nipples sticking out yet

If you're using Clam CC pack from tantrave you should ask about this issue in his thread

This thread is for discussion of Mod Manager and related feedback\issues, not for mod discussion.

Hope this will help.