Venus Vacation Mod Manager v1.4 / Mod Maker v0.7

I got the same error message from version 0.7 and 0.71

Even if after I create vvpath.txt in the VVMM folder,
that would make VVMM(v0.71) impossible to execute.

System.Xml.XmlException: The 'Presets' start tag on line 9 position 4 does not match the end tag of 'Preset'. Line 106, position 9.

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
   at WindowsFormsApp4.Form1.FillCCMenu(String CCpath)
   at WindowsFormsApp4.Form1.LoadModList(String VVpath)
   at WindowsFormsApp4.Form1.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Just a heads up: after using this recently to browse and disable/enable mods with the game open, I've been getting a constant "Extended Play Verification", so something may be getting detected as "suspicious activity".

I did also have trouble even getting the game to launch earlier today, having to try killing the process and trying over and over, even ending up deleting and verifying the game files, and even removing the mod loader files, so maybe whatever was going on there caused something instead.

1 hour ago, starash said:

System.Xml.XmlException

Oh, now I see what's wrong. Kinda weird though but I can see how it can be fixed. Can you send me archieve of all your .xml files inside the /mods/ folder? I'd like to replicate this issue.

12 minutes ago, kassarc16 said:

after using this recently to browse and disable/enable mods with the game open, I've been getting a constant "Extended Play Verification"

I can hardly see how it can be related to Mod Manager. In its core it's nothing more than just a folder rename tool. I doubt VV can check what's happening in completely unrelated folder.

20 minutes ago, starash said:

My .xml files can only be found at mod slots from CC folder.

Yeah, found the problem. Looks like xml structure is broken in CostumeCustomizerModConfig.xml file inside your 06 folder. If you remove it - MM should work fine.

Guess I'll have to ditch reading xml files to avoid such situations in the future.

2 hours ago, avenger54 said:

I can hardly see how it can be related to Mod Manager. In its core it's nothing more than just a folder rename tool. I doubt VV can check what's happening in completely unrelated folder.

Yeah, you're probably right, if no one else has run into anything of the sort yet (though some caution never hurts if automation tools can somehow get you marked), so it's probably a side effect of having to repeatedly launch the game over and over trying to get it to work earlier (never ran into either of the issues before).

Anyways, great work on this tool; the outfit detection and previews, and conflict detection are extremely useful.

I have found some outfits that aren't being detected automatically (Steam Version).
Helena SR Noble Dresses (hashes listed: 17d49904, 147f4d1e, 33040770, 10d5940b, 9d296d97, 33040770)    
Marie Loquat (hashes listed: 5ef8b6c0, a1b4e8f4)

23 minutes ago, kassarc16 said:

I have found some outfits that aren't being detected automatically (Steam Version)

Thanks, I'll check what's happening here. Weird to see default SR outfits don't match between Steam and DMM.

Since I removed the newer .xml file and renamed the older one( - copy.xml), the error is resolved.

That CC mod is old and latest version is fine.

I am not good at this, but next time encounter this kind of situation, I may get a little clue.

47 minutes ago, starash said:

next time encounter this kind of situation, I may get a little clue.

This should be completely resolved in version 0.8 I'm currently working on. It'll be a big bugfix\stability update basically, hopefully will be out around weekend.

3 hours ago, biribiri647 said:

Hi, I'm new here and I'm interested in modding my game. This looks challenging to use

Mod Manager isn't required for modding the game. It's just to make life easier when you have a lot of mods installed.

5 minutes ago, avenger54 said:

Mod Manager isn't required for modding the game. It's just to make life easier when you have a lot of mods installed.

Its really very useful :) Could there be a search option in the next updates? Sometimes it takes so much time to find a specific mod in the list.

22 minutes ago, HattoWW said:

ts really very useful :) Could there be a search option in the next updates? Sometimes it takes so much time to find a specific mod in the list.

Thanks! I'll see what can be done about searching.

9 hours ago, Maasim ? said:

Maybe on the next update you can add a "open file location" for easier editing.

Sure thing, in fact it's a new feature in the new update ;)

Updated with version 0.8

08.png.7aa9b173fa77d5eb5124aa12174e874f.png

This one is a massive update. I did a lot of bug hunting and made a system to work with mod folders. Now you can move them, delete them, rename them, create new folders. Settings are also properly save now and you can switch between DMM and Steam mod folders on the fly. More options for UI as well.

Hope you'll enjoy it! Report any bugs you'll encounter so I can fix them asap.

8 hours ago, avenger54 said:

Updated with version 0.8

This one is a massive update. I did a lot of bug hunting and made a system to work with mod folders. Now you can move them, delete them, rename them, create new folders. Settings are also properly save now and you can switch between DMM and Steam mod folders on the fly. More options for UI as well.

amazing work

thank you

8 hours ago, avenger54 said:

Updated with version 0.8

Oooh! Naisu. Great update :D

Updated with version 0.9

09-1.png.cd0af1927532b0f21d270478f6f930b3.png

Fixed some stuff about Costume Customizer. Now Mod Manager will move all the uninstalled CC packs found in \Mods\ directory to the CC\DISABLED packs\ folder. This will organize the \Mods\ folder better and will also prevent lag when doing different actions in Mod Manager since now it doesn't need to check those packs anymore.

Now you can create and install archived .zip mod packs. Same system is used for those files as for CC packs - all found .zip packs will be moved to \_zip\ directory. I added the instruction on how to make your own .zip pack to the first post.

There's a search function now. You can search your mod list by name, suit or girl. Suit\girl search is based on hash database so it can be a bit inaccurate in some cases, so keep that in mind.

Also added some QoL stuff - mod list now remembers its state so you can refresh the list without it collapsing. You can now change the type and size of the font used in the mod list.

This version also includes VV Online Mod Archive demo:

Basically, it allows you to download and install mods directly from the server. This isn't a fully developed feature yet, just a proof of concept on what can be done with it. Currently it runs on a free hosting with a limited brandwidth so it won't last forever, keep that in mind. I uploaded two mods for now - one regular and one is for Costume Customizer. Try it out and tell me how it worked out on your end.

If there will be enough interest from the community I'll try to turn it into a full-fledged feature. This can allow us to have a server with a big VV mod database which you can access via Mod Manager. Previews and descriptions will be fully supported, using the hash database I made it'll be even possible to search for mods for specific outfits. With such feature sky is the limit.

As of now, there's still a lot questions on how to do it exactly and how solve all the technical problems. If anyone has any expirience with file servers and stuff like that - I'd be glad to hear your advice.

This feature is massive for both Mod Manager and VV modding itself. It's not something I can make alone but together we can try to make it happen. I hope for your support on this one.

Also want to thank all the people who supported VVMM development so far! Thank you guys very much, you're the best!

Make sure to report any bugs and crashes you'll encounter. Hope you'll enjoy the new update!

Just wanted to say thanks for making this tool. It's amazing and this last update is an amazing step forward. Just tried out the download feature and it worked great. I hope it can become something bigger in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Venus Vacation Mod Manager v1.0b - Online Mod Storage beta test

1_beta_preview_ex.png.d7ddbc0da43dd05a218e9073a5a9bb35.png

Finally a 1.0 release. It's a beta release this time since I didn't have time to hunt down all the bugs and test all the features but I really want to test the new online functionality and how new server will behave after the initial load.

New features:

- Now there's a system for installing and updating Costume Customizer from .zip packs.
- New fancy mod search for specific outfits.
- Bottom buttons are removed in a favor of context menu. PLEASE USE RIGHT MOUSE CLICK. I think bottom buttons were kinda unnecessary at this point, so I decided to get rid of them. This makes development a bit easier and we don't lose all that much. Context menu is faster, more convenient and more intuitive.
- New visuals thanks to etsorhtt (Anika)
- Translation for the UI to japanese, korean and chinese. Thanks to lovehono and SSR Whale! If you'll notice any mistakes or inconsistancies in localization - please let me know.

1_beta_lang.png.6ffd62516146da64681f260e61b7878f.png

Online Mod Archive beta test:

- Online Mod Archive is now online! You can download and install all kind of mods right from the Mod Manager. By simply launching Mod Manager you get access to over hundred of DOAXVV mods!
- Now you can install or update Costume Customizer via Mod Manager using the online storage.
- You can sort online mods by categories and creators, search them with multiple criteria, check previews and descriptions.
- You can also update Mod Manager's hash database via server so you won't need to manually redownload it each week.

Check this video for online features showcase:

I want you all to try this feature out and give your feedback. Most importantly tell me how the server behaves - if connection and downloading is stable, if there's any drops, if speed is good enough. Also tell me what you think about current functional, if you want anything changed or added.

IMPORTANT! Current server is a cheap one so I have no idea how it'll handle the load, so download speed may be low depending on how many people will be downloading stuff at once. Disconnects or even server shutdown is possible. Please keep that in mind. If server will perform well we can keep using it in the future.

Hint: to cancel download click on the progress bar.

I uploaded quite a few mods and Costume Customizer packs from different modders. If server will work well - I'll try to support it in the future and upload more stuff there.

I hope you'll like the new update and server won't die! Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Updated with version 1.1

1.1_preview.png.d543416d9fef8d507e5940cf56a27327.png

General bug-fix update with a lot of corrections and overhauls. Fixed a conflict search bug, corrected UI translation, added Simplified Chinese UI option and custom online databases support. New highlight system should make search easier and will reduce the color confusion.

Results of server beta was a success, it handled the load without any problems and players all over the world had no issues with accessing mods from it. I'll try to keep expanding the online mod collection, which already has over 250 mods available for download!

If you enjoy this program and find it useful you can support future development and updates via PayPal.

Hope you'll enjoy the new version!