Street of Rage 4

On 5/6/2020 at 1:09 PM, GoldenGhoul said:

First, I need to get the original character sprites for all frames. It seems that you can unpack them with this program, but I didn't succeed.

After that, I will be able to evaluate the scope of work and the possibilities of various options.

Won't work if you don't use it with zlib and it won't work if you installed your game in program files because never install games, especially ones with mods, in program files or program files (x86)

1 hour ago, dofff said:

10.png

Thank you, it works!

I tried it for the test. Unfortunately all the work will take a very long time and I am unlikely to continue it

If you had a patreon and you released them mods, i and i assume many others would be willing to subscribe. That would be good enough motivation

I agree with dofff, this work will take some time. The Blaze sprite sheet consists of 200 frames, and I have edited only 13 so far. Yeah, looped animations, like idle or walking, are harder to do than other movements, but still. There is no chance that it will be easy.

Spoiler

Blaze001.gif.81b98b2139cc9920245a98324b719ad3.gif

On 5/10/2020 at 12:09 PM, tigers said:

Got a message from this guy telling me he used this to extract the sprites
https://github.com/jlcebrian/SOR4Explorer

I am even somewhat surprised at how convenient this program is made. The author did a really good job.

1 hour ago, GoldenGhoul said:

I agree with dofff, this work will take some time. The Blaze sprite sheet consists of 200 frames, and I have edited only 13 so far. Yeah, looped animations, like idle or walking, are harder to do than other movements, but still. There is no chance that it will be easy.

Reveal hidden contents

I am even somewhat surprised at how convenient this program is made. The author did a really good job.

Hey man, as long as it takes. If you are doing it then take your time. No rush. Your photoshopped pics were so good, that it would be a crime to not see a nude mod made by you :P

4 hours ago, GoldenGhoul said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

1.gif

I also decided to try to finish it :D

5 hours ago, GoldenGhoul said:

Hide contents

She is beautiful, cant wait for release of this nude patch, good work and take your time to do this.

Could you please post a download Link of the raw sprite files (Blaze & Cherry)? I'd like to try by myself, but I dont manage with the file explorer. 

Or  maybe you can give  a step-for-step tutorial  how to extract the sprite files.

Thx

2 hours ago, shevad said:

Could you please post a download Link of the raw sprite files (Blaze & Cherry)? I'd like to try by myself, but I dont manage with the file explorer. 

Or  maybe you can give  a step-for-step tutorial  how to extract the sprite files.

Thx

1. Unarchive this folder to your desktop (https://github.com/jlcebrian/SOR4Explorer

2. This program uses the .Net Core 5 preview. Get it from (https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet/5.0)

3. After you have done the previous two steps, go to the folder with the SOR4Explorer-master program

4. Enter cmd in the address bar 

Spoiler

image.png

5. A command prompt opens. Enter there: dotnet run

6. Then drag two folders from the game into it: data and x64

7. After that the game file explorer should open

13 hours ago, dofff said:
  Reveal hidden contents

1.gif

I also decided to try to finish it :D

Good to hear that.

If you don't mind, I can give you some tips about Cherry.

Spoiler

cherry_0003a.png.cd1ba9ee61c746d9b4c4c34e93140614.pngcherry_0003b.png.858466826cff2fb312ed93376875f57e.png

7 hours ago, shevad said:

Thx

I just downloaded SOR4Explorer from here, unpacked the archive and ran the exe file, and then pointed the path to the root directory of the game. That's all.

Spoiler

sor4explorer.png.6b221ad891d43091a10bee7673e272f4.png

You can save or replace sprites using the right mouse button. Don't forget to apply the changes in the upper-right corner if you have changed any game resources.

19 minutes ago, GoldenGhoul said:

Good to hear that.

If you don't mind, I can give you some tips about Cherry.

Reveal hidden contents

cherry_0003a.png.cd1ba9ee61c746d9b4c4c34e93140614.pngcherry_0003b.png.858466826cff2fb312ed93376875f57e.png

I just downloaded SOR4Explorer from here, unpacked the archive and ran the exe file, and then pointed the path to the root directory of the game. That's all.

Reveal hidden contents

sor4explorer.png.6b221ad891d43091a10bee7673e272f4.png

You can save or replace sprites using the right mouse button. Don't forget to apply the changes in the upper-right corner if you have changed any game resources.

are you also editting Blaze's face in you nude mod? Because i noticed how her face in you standing animation looks a whole lot better than what is in the game.

1.jpg.c3f43c93580e8a1a238d16e46906de82.jpg

So begins my long road of editing... (Still gotta add her long hair behind her among other things)

Rough rough draft as of now, I almost have the entire idle animation done but like previous posts stated, this is weeks and weeks of work at best.

13 minutes ago, Sinyu said:

You guys should maybe split the project up and not work on the same character? Then we might have the entire cast nude, lol.

Not a good idea as both have distinct styles of drawing. Half the sprites would therefore be a slightly different. I dont mind that so many people are working on it separately. At this rate we might get a nude jacket blaze, a nude jacketless blaze, nude cherry and barefoot no pants cherry :3

4.jpg.1404e6d97551f84148b607b85f411ae0.jpg

Idk about that, not sure I have the time to complete such a project, couple that with the fact that I'm artistically challenged and a perfectionist and well... You'd quickly see it's a lost cause as I'm beginning to see xD

Probably doesn't help that my ocd side forces me to add details (like rib cages when arms are lifted) when I haven't even fixed all the issues swapping texture and don't have any business attempting such details in the first place.

2 hours ago, Nictus7 said:

Probably doesn't help that my ocd side forces me to add details (like rib cages when arms are lifted) when I haven't even fixed all the issues swapping texture and don't have any business attempting such details in the first place.

Wow, the rib cage there is a great touch. Excellent work!

3 hours ago, Nictus7 said:

Idk about that, not sure I have the time to complete such a project, couple that with the fact that I'm artistically challenged and a perfectionist and well... You'd quickly see it's a lost cause as I'm beginning to see xD

The more I see these Blaze images, the more I want to see this mod ready. Hahaha

7 hours ago, Nictus7 said:

1.jpg.c3f43c93580e8a1a238d16e46906de82.jpg

So begins my long road of editing... (Still gotta add her long hair behind her among other things)

Rough rough draft as of now, I almost have the entire idle animation done but like previous posts stated, this is weeks and weeks of work at best.

4 hours ago, Nictus7 said:

Please make sure to add pubic hair. It will be wonderful!!

and we like the version with shoes. thx:)