Can't use ENB in Windows 10?

DLSayaka

Yes, you totally can. Make sure you have enbhelper.dll if your chosen preset requires it. All of the directX and similar required software should be already added when you launch Skyrim for the first time through Steam.

Edit: removing these dll files will prevent ENB to work at all, so even if you don't get a CTD your ENB preset won't work. Removing these files is not the solution. 

8 minutes ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

Yes, you totally can. Make sure you have enbhelper.dll if your chosen preset requires it. All of the directX and similar required software should be already added when you launch Skyrim for the first time through Steam.

I added enbhelper.dll and it still won't work for some reason

Where did you placed enbhelper.dll? Do you have the d3d9.dll in the proper place?

Did you try different presets? even re-downloading the same preset might fix it sometimes. Since you changed your OS recently, checking for drivers updates wouldn't hurt either. Although I've never had to do anything special to make it work (and I just made a complete re-install because I changed all my games/OS to a new SSD, pure Steam+lates nvidia drivers were enough to make it work).

8 minutes ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

Where did you placed enbhelper.dll? Do you have the d3d9.dll in the proper place?

Did you try different presets? even re-downloading the same preset might fix it sometimes. Since you changed your OS recently, checking for drivers updates wouldn't hurt either. Although I've never had to do anything special to make it work (and I just made a complete re-install because I changed all my games/OS to a new SSD, pure Steam+lates nvidia drivers were enough to make it work).

I lost my D3D9 and don't remember where D3D11 was supposed to go.  I think I'm gonna have to just reinstall the whole game because now it crashes on new game for no reason when it didn't use to and I didn't change anything.  I'll have to redo my mods

My dude, there is no reason to delete or move d3d11.dll because that's not even for Skyrim LE. The d3d9.dll is from the enbseries official website and it should go in the actual install folder (steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim). Unless you thought butchering your whole computer was a good idea and deleted the ones in one of the system folders.

Edit: note that you also need to setup properly the enblocal.ini to your own system specs.

6 minutes ago, DLSayaka said:

I lost my D3D9 and don't remember where D3D11 was supposed to go.  I think I'm gonna have to just reinstall the whole game because now it crashes on new game for no reason when it didn't use to and I didn't change anything.  I'll have to redo my mods

You don't have to reinstall the game :/

Just fully uninstall the enb, all files that were in the folder. 

Then install it by carefully reading the instructions on the page for the preset you dl'd. You need the right version of enb for it and have to set up the enblocal.ini appropriately for your system

you can always go to enbdev  http://enbdev.com/   and download your version or an upgrade . and reinstall . ( you will get your files back again in the right place ) .  ( you will need to re-do the settings of enblocal.ini if you do not save it ) .

but before i think you might need to download from Microsoft ' VC_redist ' may be also ' dotnet framwork ' they are crucial for the game and they are not bundled with windows .

Archived