Sacrosanct or Better Vampires? [LE]

Hi everyone,

I've played and modded Skyrim for a long time but never installed one of it. I've recentely got the urge to play a new game as a Vampire, and I would install a vampire overhaul mod but idk whic one I should chose.

I already watched some videos about both but I'd like an opinion from someone that already used it. I don't know which one to chose, even cause I don't want something too OP, that could ruin my gamplay, I don't want to make everything too easy. I like Better Vampries cause you can turn other NPC's into vampires and I think that Sacrosanct can't do that, but maybe there another mod that I can integrate with it to have that feature?. I also would ask if you know any mod that doesn't change the face when you turn into a vampire.I use Oldrim btw.
I also would like to use these mods:

Bloodthirst - Vampire NPCs can feed
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49038/

Bloodbond Contact With the Vampire
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/95748

Which mods you use and which one you suggest to use to make a nice vampire oevrhaul without make everything too OP? I'd like to hear your opinion  ?. Thx in advance.

P.S.

I hope I did the post in the right section. ?

Personally, I use Sacrosanct, and it's been far too long since I used Better Vampires so I can't comment on it.  Sacrosanct does have an option for turning people, but only as a Vampire Lord perk, so it will take a bit of investment to get to.  If you do go with Sacrosanct, my main recommendation on the power front is to be very careful with hemomancy, because in unmodded Skyrim almost nothing has magic resistance, instead having various elemental resistances, so that rather potent damage over time can wind up being significantly stronger than any other destruction magic, for significantly less perk investment.  All in all, Sacrosanct can be powerful, but it has a lot of interesting options, and you'll never forget that you're playing a vampire.

On 4/16/2020 at 9:00 PM, Dalun said:

Personally, I use Sacrosanct, and it's been far too long since I used Better Vampires so I can't comment on it.  Sacrosanct does have an option for turning people, but only as a Vampire Lord perk, so it will take a bit of investment to get to.  If you do go with Sacrosanct, my main recommendation on the power front is to be very careful with hemomancy, because in unmodded Skyrim almost nothing has magic resistance, instead having various elemental resistances, so that rather potent damage over time can wind up being significantly stronger than any other destruction magic, for significantly less perk investment.  All in all, Sacrosanct can be powerful, but it has a lot of interesting options, and you'll never forget that you're playing a vampire.

I passed the last days changing my graphics mods and testing Better Vampires, and I quite like it. But I will also want to try Sacrosanct, seems to have very nice and interesting abilities. Thx for the tip!

Testin' Sacrosanct for the first time on this playthrough. Has a lot of things I like, but then theres a lot of small things from better vamps I wish it had. Hemomancy, as Dalun said, can become very ridiculous very quickly. On the other hand I'm not been splattered by Vigilants every third step I take, being an Imperial and having wintersun makes the shrine inversion be interesting and being a sneaksy thief makes the trespassing curse a constant source of amusement. She's still something of a fledgeling so I have nae dived too deep into it yet, will get around to testing things like blue blood and turning other npcs later.

Kinda makes me wish Bella Sanguinare was still a thing, that 'un was always my go to fer vamp mods.

On 4/22/2020 at 3:39 PM, The First Lady of Hats said:

Testin' Sacrosanct for the first time on this playthrough. Has a lot of things I like, but then theres a lot of small things from better vamps I wish it had. Hemomancy, as Dalun said, can become very ridiculous very quickly. On the other hand I'm not been splattered by Vigilants every third step I take, being an Imperial and having wintersun makes the shrine inversion be interesting and being a sneaksy thief makes the trespassing curse a constant source of amusement. She's still something of a fledgeling so I have nae dived too deep into it yet, will get around to testing things like blue blood and turning other npcs later.

Kinda makes me wish Bella Sanguinare was still a thing, that 'un was always my go to fer vamp mods.

Yep that's what I don't want, to become too much strong, but I think I just need to be careful with perks on both mods. I've noticed a new update from better vampires that adds some of sacrosanct spells, maybe I shoud try this one too. 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9717?tab=files

Personally I prefer Sacrosanct. It's not as script heavy, it doesn't require another mod and a patch to add some stuff to the VL form. My only gripes with it are the Dragon at Midnight Perk, because the downside heavily outweighs the benefit, the fact that the VL doesn't get a proper cape after taking that perk, and lastly moonlight waters is supposed to be a passive ability that never goes away regardless of your stages in vampirism, but Enai hasn't bothered to fix that. 

I tried both and now stick to Sacrosanct

Im overall quite pleased with it, it offers an overhaul to the VL transform and leveling up doesnt feel as grindy as in Better Vampires (BV growth over time is just plain and doing it through feeding is just super grindy). Sacrosanct also has a lot of intresting benefits with new (passive) abilities whereas BV just buffs stats

I believe the destruction skills you get in BV are far more inrtesting than in Sacro (In Sacro most are just DoT effects or have super super slow cast times before it makes boom. Theyre cool spells in theory but just dont really fit into Skyrims gameplay imo)

BV stays true to its name as in "Youre still a (vanilla) vampire, but better". Sacrosanct enhances the gameplay to a whole diffrent level

BV has a lot of cool gimmicks that I wish Sacrosanct had (such as actual debufs while out in the sunlight or Vampire hunters) tho

I have tried sacrosanct but didn't really like it and better vampires is still updating and has everything i want in an overhaul so I would definitely suggest using that :)

Also since I have always been a vampire character in skyrim if you use mods that change hairstyles etc, u may get a bug where your appearance or hairstyle settings may revert if you try changing them via racemenu and I know a way around that for anyone who is interested.

10 hours ago, tamai said:

u may get a bug where your appearance or hairstyle settings may revert if you try changing them via racemenu and I know a way around that for anyone who is interested.

Vampires have a seperate headmesh 

Thats also the reason why you cant go to the face sculpter in Riften, he will just say that you ded so you no change. When you change your hair while a Vampire you only change your hair on your Vampire headmesh but not on your actual head - which is used to reference the Vampire Head, thus the reset

Changing your appearance while being a Vampire can lead to some nasty bugs that glitch out your characters look too. I wouldnt recommend doing it

11 hours ago, Scrab said:

Vampires have a seperate headmesh 

Thats also the reason why you cant go to the face sculpter in Riften, he will just say that you ded so you no change. When you change your hair while a Vampire you only change your hair on your Vampire headmesh but not on your actual head - which is used to reference the Vampire Head, thus the reset

Changing your appearance while being a Vampire can lead to some nasty bugs that glitch out your characters look too. I wouldnt recommend doing it

Thats why I said I know a way around it, because what skyirm attempts to to is copy morph data over instead of actually entirely switching your character over to a vampire which is why changing appearance doesn't work because it remember your data from when you first turned into a vampire and keeps trying to copy and apply.

Its actuallly quite simple fix but took me forever to figure it out all you need to do is go into the CK make your race for instance highelfracevampiore and checkmark "playable" so as soon as you change into a vampire all you need to do is go into racemen and switch your race and from that moment forward you wont have any issues whatsoever even better yet if you know you wanna play a vampire just select your vampire race from the beginning and you'll have no issues with morph data.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/56627-immersive-hair-growth-and-styling-yps-devious-immersive-fashion-2020-05-02/?do=findComment&comment=1985397

I made that post here before I deleted my account. I like to share this information because it annoyed me too know end