Sim with CC turns black while zooming

I'm testing out a cc top with a custom shadow texture.  When I zoom out the Sim turns black, zoom out far enough and it turns solid black.  I've tested the package with the shadow texture removed and it works fine.  It also worked normally before I made further edits to it.

03-29-20_9-03-54 PM.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, deathbywesker said:

I'm having the same issues you have but they don't appear in CAS only in game. I'm still looking into what other sims I have that are affected by this and what's causing it.

611120323_TS4_x642020-05-2502-46-24original.png.6cbb274d4bae18d651715119d4c659b3.png

The necklace is probably broken.....remove it and see if the problem goes..

• 4 weeks later...

Still having this issue anytime I try to edit a shadow texture.  To test something, I exported a shadow, opened it in GIMP, did nothing to it, saved it and imported back and it was broken.  Something with importing, exporting, or saving is messing it up.

1 hour ago, Oops19 said:

I hope that export (no modification) import works without issues and should be easy to test.

Is the source format DDS or PNG?

I haven't seen this issue for a while - maybe the affected sims have left the sim world by now.

DDS

• 1 month later...
On 6/20/2020 at 9:36 PM, SimsLewds said:

No

I found out out the issue, for me at least. It was a texture issue for my tattoo (but this can happen for any cc item.) I forgot to check the generate mip maps tag when I saved the image as a .dds image. I thought it was an old or broken body preset that I had for the longest time, but I noticed if that was the case then the sim's skin tone would turn black as if the cc skin tone was removed from the game.

Here's a dated recolor tutorial that I still found very helpful on S4Studio: https://sims4studio.com/thread/12/tutorial-standalone-recolor-custom-thumbnails

On 8/3/2020 at 3:34 PM, deathbywesker said:

I found out out the issue, for me at least. It was a texture issue for my tattoo (but this can happen for any cc item.) I forgot to check the generate mip maps tag when I saved the image as a .dds image. I thought it was an old or broken body preset that I had for the longest time, but I noticed if that was the case then the sim's skin tone would turn black as if the cc skin tone was removed from the game.

Here's a dated recolor tutorial that I still found very helpful on S4Studio: https://sims4studio.com/thread/12/tutorial-standalone-recolor-custom-thumbnails

That did the trick.  Thanks a ton.  Now I can finish all these shirt projects I abandoned.

7 hours ago, SimsLewds said:

That did the trick.  Thanks a ton.  Now I can finish all these shirt projects I abandoned.

Np, glad it helped you out.

40 minutes ago, Oops19 said:

Just read about mip maps at https://www.imageconverterplus.com/news/convert_images_to_dds_926/ This seems to affect only DDS. So next time I hopefully remember how to fix random CC.

I just recently fixed other cc items that had the same issue and still have a few more to go, but at least I know now that it's just a quick and easy fix.