Trails of Cold Steel 3 (Mod Request)

On 6/7/2022 at 1:57 AM, amorrow28 said:

So another modder and I have been messing around with asset swapping (injection) in the Hajimari thread, and I decided to try to use the technique to put more nude mods into CS3.  And it works... pretty well actually!

742120857_2022-06-0616_41_33-TheLegendofHeroes-TrailsofColdSteelIII_SteamEnabled_GoGInited.png.560f154acb22ee426ad6e170f79a68ea.png

This basically takes the nude mods by @coomi work with more models in CS3 by replacing the CS3 default models with the CS4/Hajimari Towel-wearing models.  You will need to install the basic mods (the CS3 version of my UnskirtMod as well as my compatibility wrapper), all information can be found here:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/?do=findComment&comment=3832221

Beware - this is NOT for the faint of heart.  There are a lot of steps here.  Also, you should know that while this works pretty well, sometimes CS3 just refuses to load the transferred assets and you end up with floating heads, no bodies.  I can't figure out why, but the best I can figure out is that it needs to load normal assets first, then the new assets (I think these costumes are all secondary costumes that borrow assets from the primary costumes.  Since we're replacing the primary costumes, that doesn't always work out.)  If you get floating heads, just re-inject the default files, reload your saved game, and try injecting again.  Edit:  The floating head problem has been solved, thanks to the help I received from the discord folks!

Finally, this is achievable by taking assets from CS4 (10 of the girls) and Hajimari (Claire and Vita).  So you need to have those games too.

UPDATE: Version 1.2 and above fixes the floating heads.

UPDATE: Please use injection files version 1.1 for Coomi mod v1.4.0 and above.  Instructions below updated.  (Also, use wrapper v3.5+)

CS3 injection files v1.2.7z 22.38 kB · 335 downloads

CS3 injection files v1.1.7z - OBSOLETE

CS3 injection files.7z - OBSOLETE

(This download package contains my python scripts as well as new .ini files for the nude mods.  Installing the new .ini files is exactly the same as that for Juna, Altina, etc from the link above.  It does NOT contain assets.)

Ok, here we go...

If you followed all my steps, then pat yourself on the back and enjoy the view!

Reveal hidden contents

1004016043_2022-06-0615_37_02-TheLegendofHeroes-TrailsofColdSteelIII_SteamEnabled_GoGInited.png.464260ea7829413a3b4b991f3063133d.png

(Cedric does not look happy to see what's going on here...)

So I followed the instructions to this post. I installed 3DMigoto unskirt mod and deleted the unskirt folder, installed the wrapper and coomi's nude mod (bodies only), installed S_S_Majin's towel mod:

I still don't see the models swap in CS3 (saw Millum wear her default outfit and not the towel model when you first see Millum again, same with Towa). I moved the unpackpkg.py files to where they needed to be (didn't open them although the instructions didn't say I had to run them). I have the latest version of python installed and ran the terminal command. I'm not sure what's wrong do you mind helping @amorrow28?
image.thumb.png.44520d1f12da7a2eb5cd33792037cb05.png
image.png.2d61e847449f61d5176242c1b3d2a007.png
image.thumb.png.5fa71cb52d40a535562e6f76fb09e7d3.png

Edited by hotNess16
8 hours ago, hotNess16 said:

So I followed the instructions to this post. I installed 3DMigoto unskirt mod and deleted the unskirt folder, installed the wrapper and coomi's nude mod (bodies only), installed S_S_Majin's towel mod:

I still don't see the models swap in CS3 (saw Millum wear her default outfit and not the towel model when you first see Millum again, same with Towa). I moved the unpackpkg.py files to where they needed to be (didn't open them although the instructions didn't say I had to run them). I have the latest version of python installed and ran the terminal command. I'm not sure what's wrong do you mind helping @amorrow28?
image.thumb.png.44520d1f12da7a2eb5cd33792037cb05.png
image.png.2d61e847449f61d5176242c1b3d2a007.png
image.thumb.png.5fa71cb52d40a535562e6f76fb09e7d3.png

Sorry, I know this will be frustrating to hear but I do not provide support for other people’s mods (I barely provide support for my own mods to be honest). My mod is Unskirt, and if you remove it, obviously you are on your own. Please contact the folks who actually made the mod you want to use.

10 minutes ago, amorrow28 said:

Sorry, I know this will be frustrating to hear but I do not provide support for other people’s mods (I barely provide support for my own mods to be honest). My mod is Unskirt, and if you remove it, obviously you are on your own. Please contact the folks who actually made the mod you want to use.

I understand. I did find out that it showed up for Fie and Claire but not Towa and Millum. Is that supposed to happen? @coomi @S_S_Majin

12 hours ago, amorrow28 said:

umm, I want to ask a question… are you equipping the bath towel costume?

For the playable characters yes. The guest characters I believe only come with their default outfits which are the old class 7 i.e. Millum, Emma, Laura, Claire, Sara, Towa, and Alisha. Also Aurelia.

Edited by hotNess16