Trails of Cold Steel 3 (Mod Request)

On 8/29/2023 at 11:46 PM, Johesy said:

Continuing from this post.

Usually any time the camera is pointed towards the sky or is level with the ground the hair bits will pop out. Switching to her gun mode during combat makes it more obvious I think. Among Juna's crafts, it's most prominent in her Brave_Heart/Smash/3rd craft. It appears somewhat often during cutscenes too since the camera is usually angled straight and close to the ground.

image.png.20049da5d4fb50eeeb3330b8050e7a5f.pngimage.png.c2b07499e801c2728ffa05d20de80744.png

This.

On 6/7/2022 at 1:57 AM, amorrow28 said:

So another modder and I have been messing around with asset swapping (injection) in the Hajimari thread, and I decided to try to use the technique to put more nude mods into CS3.  And it works... pretty well actually!

742120857_2022-06-0616_41_33-TheLegendofHeroes-TrailsofColdSteelIII_SteamEnabled_GoGInited.png.560f154acb22ee426ad6e170f79a68ea.png

This basically takes the nude mods by @coomi work with more models in CS3 by replacing the CS3 default models with the CS4/Hajimari Towel-wearing models.  You will need to install the basic mods (the CS3 version of my UnskirtMod as well as my compatibility wrapper), all information can be found here:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/166239-trails-of-cold-steel-4-mod-request/?do=findComment&comment=3832221

Beware - this is NOT for the faint of heart.  There are a lot of steps here.  Also, you should know that while this works pretty well, sometimes CS3 just refuses to load the transferred assets and you end up with floating heads, no bodies.  I can't figure out why, but the best I can figure out is that it needs to load normal assets first, then the new assets (I think these costumes are all secondary costumes that borrow assets from the primary costumes.  Since we're replacing the primary costumes, that doesn't always work out.)  If you get floating heads, just re-inject the default files, reload your saved game, and try injecting again.  Edit:  The floating head problem has been solved, thanks to the help I received from the discord folks!

Finally, this is achievable by taking assets from CS4 (10 of the girls) and Hajimari (Claire and Vita).  So you need to have those games too.

UPDATE: Version 1.2 and above fixes the floating heads.

UPDATE: Please use injection files version 1.1 for Coomi mod v1.4.0 and above.  Instructions below updated.  (Also, use wrapper v3.5+)

CS3 injection files v1.2.7z 22.38 kB · 210 downloads

CS3 injection files v1.1.7z - OBSOLETE

CS3 injection files.7z - OBSOLETE

(This download package contains my python scripts as well as new .ini files for the nude mods.  Installing the new .ini files is exactly the same as that for Juna, Altina, etc from the link above.  It does NOT contain assets.)

Ok, here we go...

If you followed all my steps, then pat yourself on the back and enjoy the view!

Reveal hidden contents

1004016043_2022-06-0615_37_02-TheLegendofHeroes-TrailsofColdSteelIII_SteamEnabled_GoGInited.png.464260ea7829413a3b4b991f3063133d.png

(Cedric does not look happy to see what's going on here...)

I am trying to follow this but I have the reverie installation instead of hajimari. I dont think these instructions are compatible with reverie are they? As I get an error when i try to extract files from D3D11 of reverie

image.png.8096930d797cb8fc16387cd9e6dcf204.png

Edited by tigers
1 hour ago, tigers said:

I am trying to follow this but I have the reverie installation instead of hajimari. I dont think these instructions are compatible with reverie are they? As I get an error when i try to extract files from D3D11 of reverie

Also I inserted towel models in the game. They took over the default slot. Wish we could have used the extra bathing clothes dlc for the other girls rather than overriding thier default outfits

Edited by tigers
On 8/30/2023 at 11:54 PM, tigers said:

I dont understand what i am doing wrong. Some of these pkg files work for me some dont. Files that dont work are Claire, Elise, Towa (or maybe the differences are just tooooo subtle to notice?).

Rest work. I havent tested the NPCs.

What am i doing wrong?

Edit: Laura Jacket Topless and Shorts Topless are the same file. They are both Jacket Topless and there is no Shorts Topless 

Thanks for the reports. The file for Towa’s default clothes was shared by mistake. There is nothing changed in it. The other mods for Claire, Elise, and Towa are for

• Claire’s civilian clothes
  • Elise’s casual clothes
  • Elise’s towel
  • Towa’s towel

Are these what you are looking at? I think the last two only show up in two scenes, and I think Claire is the only playable character in that list (and is only playable briefly).

I spent a lot of time on Juna’s weird foot. I doubt I will be able to fix it, unfortunately.

I will check on Laura shortly.

Edited by NotAZebra
2 hours ago, NotAZebra said:

Thanks for the reports. The file for Towa’s default clothes was shared by mistake. There is nothing changed in it. The other mods for Claire, Elise, and Towa are for

• Elise’s casual clothes
  • Elise’s towel
  • Towa’s towel

Are these what you are looking at? I think the last two only show up in two scenes, and I think Claire is the only playable character in that list (and is only playable briefly).

I spent a lot of time on Juna’s weird foot. I doubt I will be able to fix it, unfortunately.

oh i see.

I was only looking at claire military outfit and towa uniform and elise uniform.

Edit: Also no difference in Juna crossbell cheer. It doesnt do anything. Same with Musse instructor swimsuit.

Also is Millium outfit edit the default outfit? Or is there some sort of no hat accessory i need to equip? Becaise I dont have a no hat accessory. Have one for Emma though.

Also this LAura jacket topless mod has some wierd issue with her hands. Other laura mods dont have this issue.

image.png.3325902ad761190e7d6acffb7077c6c1.png

Edited by tigers
5 hours ago, tigers said:

reverie files do not need to be decompressed.

3 hours ago, NotAZebra said:

• Elise’s casual clothes
  • Elise’s towel
  • Towa’s towel

Juna’s foot can be fixed with weight transfer. The towel meshes are not compatible with 3dmigoto unless you weight transfer because one of the bones is missing.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/141087-trails-of-cold-steel-3-mod-request/?do=findComment&comment=3768741

On 9/1/2023 at 8:35 PM, tigers said:

Edit: Also no difference in Juna crossbell cheer. It doesnt do anything. Same with Musse instructor swimsuit.

Make sure you put the pkg file in data/dlc/asset/D3D11 Even then, the difference is slight. I added a new version with greater changes:

Spoiler

Juna_Cheer.thumb.png.bcf664e233587620c0c53fd0514ead7f.png

Also is Millium outfit edit the default outfit? Or is there some sort of no hat accessory i need to equip? Becaise I dont have a no hat accessory. Have one for Emma though.

Millium Sans Hat is a costume. I don’t know where it came from. But you can use aa_inject_model.py to replace the default costume with the pkg file I provided.

Laura Jacket Topless and Shorts Topless are the same file. They are both Jacket Topless and there is no Shorts Topless 

Also this LAura jacket topless mod has some wierd issue with her hands. Other laura mods dont have this issue.

image.png.3325902ad761190e7d6acffb7077c6c1.png

Both fixed.

Thanks to a brave tester at the Kiseki Modding Discord, there is now experimental support for using PKG mods on modded Nintendo Switch!  This has only been tested on a few mods on Trails of Cold Steel III, but might also work for CS4 and Reverie.  I have no plans to expand support, since I do not have this game on the switch, nor do I have a modded switch.

NOTE: Switch assets are lower quality, in order to save video memory.  This modding process does not degrade the mod - our compiler is not capable of generating true Switch assets.  Therefore any mod prepared with this process is still technically a PC mod, and will (probably) take up more memory than its unaltered Switch equivalent.  I have no clue what will happen if you use a lot of mods at once; maybe the game will lag, or maybe it will crash.  Proceed at your own risk.  Conversely, you need PC assets to make mods; Switch users can play with mods, but they cannot make them.

NOTE: You will still need proper versions of mods.  Expect the best compatibility if you use CS3 mods for CS3, etc.  And this is only for PKG mods, not 3dmigoto mods.

New tutorial here, written by the modder who figured this all out, now with screenshots!

• Install python 3.9 or newer from the Windows Store.
  • Grab v2.0.3 (or newer) of my ED8 Inject Tools.  (If you want to use them for model swapping, instructions here.)
  • Run install_zstandard.bat which comes with ED8 Inject Tools to install the python zstandard module.  (You only need to do this once.)
  • Put aa_inject_model.py, aa_replace_shaders.py, asset_xml_to_nx.py, extract_pka.py and unpackage.py and your mods in the folder with assets.pka. (On PC this is /data/asset/D3D11, I have no idea where it is on the switch.)
  • Run asset_xml_to_nx.py by double-clicking it.  It will convert the asset xml inside all the .pkg files it finds from PC format to NX format.
  • Run aa_replace_shaders.py for each mod you are converting.  (Detailed instructions with pictures here.)  First it will ask where to search for the replacement shaders - specify assets.pka.  Then it will ask for the name of the PKG.  Then it will replace the shaders - pay attention to the messages!  If it cannot find a shader, it will tell you.  That PKG will likely crash the game if used as is.  (This is mainly an issue with DLC mods.  Put all the py files in the DLC PKG folder along with your partially-patched pkg, and run the shader replacement tool a second time.  This time put "None" as the pka file.  It will look through all the pkg files in the folder and use shaders from those pkgs.  DO NOT PUT ALL YOUR UNCONVERTED MODS IN THERE AT ONCE, or it will look through your mods for shaders as well!)
  • Once you have replaced the xml and the shaders, your pkg should be ready to use!  Place it wherever the switch expects to find it; usually this is in the same folder as assets.pka, although on PC NISA CS3, assets.pka is in /data/asset/D3D11 and the pkgs go in /data/asset/D3D11_us, so you might have to experiment.  I literally have no clue how to do anything related to switch modding; if someone would kindly post instructions on the whole layeredFS thing, I would be happy to link to those instructions from this post.

And, once again, this may not work at all.  I'm only aware of a single mod confirmed working.  Enjoy!

Edited by amorrow28
On 9/1/2023 at 4:14 PM, tigers said:

In most of the ways that matter for simple mods, Reverie is more like CS4 than like Hajimari, so follow instructions for CS4, instead.

Also, that is the wrong script for extracting files from assets.pka. You want extract_pka.py

Edited by NotAZebra

I'm trying to attach the Kitty Noir ears permanently to Altina's model making her a cat girl (I want her campus hat to go over the ears so they poke out like Emma or Millium). I'm still messing around with it but I'm just a beginner. I'm moving and modifying meshes with blender but it's all blunt force to get results. If anyone has any tips that would be great but if not that's fine too.C_CHR015.pkg

Also I offer Kitty Blanc C_EQU800.pkg.  Color change for White Ears and Tail (didn't change the swimsuit), just put in data>dlc>asset>D3D11_us

Spoiler

TheLegendofHeroes-TrailsofColdSteelIII_SteamEnabled_GoGInited2023-09-1811_03_35AM.png.646e13ebaf46124b8b26f488766f99b4.png

Spoiler

TheLegendofHeroes-TrailsofColdSteelIII_SteamEnabled_GoGInited2023-09-1811_03_25AM.png.bb362b1ac9e5cc430abf16b721c9a8cf.png

Spoiler

TheLegendofHeroes-TrailsofColdSteelIII_SteamEnabled_GoGInited2023-09-183_30_02PM.png.db712371dcf922fdbd157d2f1fc7093a.png

Spoiler

image.png.b8a203ee49dbb800e5e32b80ac648d7f.png

Also the KHat C_EQU798.pkg. A combo of the kitty noire ears and campus hat. 

Spoiler

image.png.15705e04f3cf055a9a368dbd9f576427.pngimage.png.8068ddf9342ad0c586eb1b5e6902a26d.png

(Doesn't affect the default hat though.)

I did a shadow fix for some Juna UDW, including NotAZebra's Juna and (re)added the badge. C_CHR011.pkg

Spoiler

TheLegendofHeroes-TrailsofColdSteelIII_SteamEnabled_GoGInited2023-11-0412_53_59PM.png.ede4e6debb31febe7e75b8f69ec93fff.pngTheLegendofHeroes-TrailsofColdSteelIII_SteamEnabled_GoGInited2023-11-0412_53_32PM.png.641edfdcf3039fcd32d8384744b44218.png

Juna Shirt UDW C_CHR011_C00.pkg

Spoiler

image.png.d797384805ca9895c8e8f424b866592d.png

Juna DLC Casual C_CHR011_C50.pkg

Spoiler

image.png.cb484517f4d056e2233d8ff01b1ea108.png

Juna DLC Lloyd C_CHR011_C51.pkg

Spoiler

image.png.755e2657482337ac604b8085d86a15c0.png

JunaUDW Tennis Shadowfix Along with NotaZebra's short skirt version (also in white)

C_CHR011_C04.pkg

Spoiler

image.png.3d3d9af9cf98c56c5dd600222638399f.png

C_CHR011_C04.pkg

Spoiler

image.png.eaf1b69d6bd6da067157d54218670b3f.png

C_CHR011_C04.pkg

Spoiler

image.png.59a33c2761ac6393f6fc122b1943ec2e.png

I made an adjustment to Unskirt LeGuin trying to get rid of the side "skirt" portions. C_CHR021.pkg

Spoiler

image.png.0fd596ff35b5f9f49cf16ecbebae9ca9.png

image.png.274be5ac529f9eead2ec58d50c0a84aa.png

Unfortunately I currently lack the skill to preserve her thong.

image.png.494c6059e229348b00f0a2545280cd36.png

Edited by T4com4n
Update UDW Tennis
5 hours ago, Dan297na said:

Is there a list of what character folder goes to which character?  I'm trying to change the default outfit of some of the ones that don't have the abilitly to equip the bath towel, but can't seem to find out which character is which, outside of the 12 that amorrow28 posted.

Look here:  https://github.com/eArmada8/ed8pkg2gltf/wiki/Basic-Modding-Tutorial#obtaining-and-decompiling-a-model

Warning - t_name.tbl has spoilers!!

• 1 month later...

So I ran into an issue with

Spoiler

Roselia

with this.  I havnt played 4 yet so maybe its just not compatible with this one.  I extracted CHR067_C02 from CS4 and followed the instructions to import it into CS3.  It comes out distorted though.  With the nude mod off (F2) it looks fine except she has black lines on her eyes.  With it on her body looks kind of distorted.  The steps I took worked with every other character, so is the mod just not compatible with her in this game?

Spoiler

TrailsofColdSteelIII-THELEGENDOFHEROESVIII-(C)2016NihonFalcomCorporation.(D3D11)(x64)11_6_20233_52_40PM.thumb.png.38460986396ab2f66343f6739c7e0be5.pngTrailsofColdSteelIII-THELEGENDOFHEROESVIII-(C)2016NihonFalcomCorporation.(D3D11)(x64)11_6_20233_52_34PM.thumb.png.8766046efabba746410b8ec2e0aa89fe.png

Edited by Dan297na
5 hours ago, Dan297na said:

So I ran into an issue _____ with this.  I havnt played 4 yet so maybe its just not compatible with this one.  I extracted CHR067_C02 from CS4 and followed the instructions to import it into CS3.  It comes out distorted though.  With the nude mod off (F2) it looks fine except she has black lines on her eyes.  With it on her body looks kind of distorted.  The steps I took worked with every other character, so is the mod just not compatible with her in this game?TrailsofColdSteelIII-THELEGENDOFHEROESVIII-(C)2016NihonFalcomCorporation.(D3D11)(x64)11_6_20233_52_40PM.thumb.png.38460986396ab2f66343f6739c7e0be5.pngTrailsofColdSteelIII-THELEGENDOFHEROESVIII-(C)2016NihonFalcomCorporation.(D3D11)(x64)11_6_20233_52_34PM.thumb.png.8766046efabba746410b8ec2e0aa89fe.png

Yeah, her CS3 and CS4 models are different. Also, please mark spoilers. Many people browsing this thread have not played through the game yet.

Edited by amorrow28

I used the method listed here.

I took the file from CS4 and followed the instructions to put them in to 3.  It works to an extent with her, but has that eye issue with her, and the body shades look kind of weird.  I used the same steps for every other character, including ones not listed in the original instructions and they all worked perfectly.   She is the only one I had that issue with, probably because as amorrow28 pointed out, the character model was changed between 3 and 4.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone tell me what the problem might be?
I'm trying to port mods to a switch based on the guide:

PC to Switch model conversions · eArmada8/ed8_inject Wiki · GitHub

I launched the bat file, installed python, checked that it works in "cmd", dump Assets.pka.

But when trying to execute commands from "PC Model Conversion" (like "py asset_xml_to_nx.py YOUR_MODEL_HERE.pkg"), "cmd" instantly closes without displaying the shader replacement process. When starting the game, it gives an error, therefore the scripts do not work out

6 hours ago, diadark said:

Can anyone tell me what the problem might be?
I'm trying to port mods to a switch based on the guide:

PC to Switch model conversions · eArmada8/ed8_inject Wiki · GitHub

I launched the bat file, installed python, checked that it works in "cmd", dump Assets.pka.

But when trying to execute commands from "PC Model Conversion" (like "py asset_xml_to_nx.py YOUR_MODEL_HERE.pkg"), "cmd" instantly closes without displaying the shader replacement process. When starting the game, it gives an error, therefore the scripts do not work out

First, as far as I know, only SeeTheBridges has ever successfully done this, so you might be on your own.  But are you running from the command line or are you double clicking the files?  The command line window should never close on its own if you are running from the command line with typed commands.

Second, do you have all the files in the folder, and are you running all the commands?  asset_xml_to_nx.py does not replace shaders, aa_replace_shaders.py does.  It seems to me that you are mixing up the commands.

2 hours ago, amorrow28 said:

First, as far as I know, only SeeTheBridges has ever successfully done this, so you might be on your own.  But are you running from the command line or are you double clicking the files?  The command line window should never close on its own if you are running from the command line with typed commands.

Second, do you have all the files in the folder, and are you running all the commands?  asset_xml_to_nx.py does not replace shaders, aa_replace_shaders.py does.  It seems to me that you are mixing up the commands.

Try double clicking the files (cmd window runs and instantly closes), and running from the command line (errors in different lines and writes in the end "this isn`t a pka file").

First - run asset_xml_to_nx.py, second - run aa_replace_shaders.py.

Size of files doesn`t change

Spoiler

pic1.jpg.1369a3cdacd168e22a13963a96e2731f.jpg

Edited by diadark
7 hours ago, diadark said:

Try double clicking the files (cmd window runs and instantly closes), and running from the command line (errors in different lines and writes in the end "this isn`t a pka file").

First - run asset_xml_to_nx.py, second - run aa_replace_shaders.py.

Size of files doesn`t change

Hide contents

pic1.jpg.1369a3cdacd168e22a13963a96e2731f.jpg

Something is wrong with your assets.pka file.   (It should be around 6 GB in size btw)