Bound Hanging Script

View File

Check Out the extended/bugfixed/Polished version:

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/12352-pama´s-interactive-gallows/

In an Attempt to make executions by Hanging possible, i wrote this little script.

I made it back in 2015 as a little plaything for myself and never meant to upload it, but upon seeing this: 

i thought it could be an interesting addition. so am uploading it here.

It is in essence is very similar to every other script that allows to place hanged Ragdolls in the world, with a few additions.

-Its meant for actual executions, not just to have bodies hanging around.

-it allows for transition from animated hanging scenes as seen in ZAP, to hanging Ragdolls upon death.

-does not require any furniture which makes transitions a lot less glitchy and doesn´t cause missalignments of gallows and victim (especially interesting for npc´s, or scenes, where player is AI controlled.

-Havoc constraints keep the hands and feet of the victim tied together when in ragdoll state.

-can be triggered remotely with buttons or levers. useful for timing it with a trapdoor.

As seen in the screenshots, I included a little playground for testing. Its located East of Whiterun (use console command "coc gallowslanding" or fast travel to Gallowslanding on the map)

(I know its not overly aesthetic. i was a horny teenager when i made it. leave me alone)

How to install

-download the 1.0.0 version

-Install via Mod manager of your choice or manually drop in your data folder.

-run FNIS!

How it works

-The first character who activates a rope (either directly or trough the Buttons/Lever) will be the victim. (NPC´s cannot reach the rope so just command your follower to activate the button)

-If you want to hang yourself, use the Lever rather than the button. otherwise it will translate you through the air, with counts as airborne and breaks the wait animation.

Spoiler

20200320213539_1.jpg.eef452a3d9ca951ed0bb567956695337.jpg(Each side has its own)

-The Victim will now be locked in the Gallowswaitanimation below the Beam.

If you activate the Button/Lever Yourself, you will be registered as the victim, even if you break the animation via jumping. If you activate it a second Time, it will kill you.

And it doesn't care if it has to break laws of physics to do that!

-if the Button or lever is activated now, the Grate doors will open, The victim falls unconscious (Ragdolls), and Havokconstarints are applied)

-also if you try to hang yourself  and are locked in the wait animation, you can reach the tip of the Lever to activate.)

-The victim will now remain hanging in unconscious state and will die after a while. (5 secs i think)

Note

The script doesnt provide restraints, so you need to equip them beforehand. For convenience, I placed some in the coffin below the Platform

Spoiler

20200320213437_1.jpg.a1bd8675e4afa7ae47569db88e93ccf9.jpg

Does it work in SE?

Yes,

Special thanks to WandererZero for the Converted animation.

Issues

-right now its impossible to remove a dead actor from the Rope without breaking the constraints for Arms/Legs (can only use enable/disable)

-dead actors sometimes keep spinning forever.

-If you try to kill yourself 2 times in a row, the rope will fail to connect or cause ctd. This can be fixed by restarting the Game.

Requirements

since I originaly didnt itend to upload this, i didnt care about bloated dependencys, so this is a bit messy, iam sorry. i might clean it up at some point.

from testing with the old NMM, I can say that the only Hard dependencys are ZAP and Heretical ressources. It worked fine with only these to esm´s enabled.

The Reason ZAZ Expansion Pack and its requirements are listed, is because this mod needs the zbfxGallowsEnterIdle animation. if you know how to install that, you should be good to go with just ZAP and HR.

-SKSE, FNIS

-(optional) for maximum fun i recommend ZAZ 8, or anything else that provides actual restraints.

For Modders:

If you want to use this somewhere else. Go find it in the Creation kit. Its Called "SHORT_HANGING_ROPE" (the long one works differently)

-The Property "basis" is for the trapdoor. insert your trapdoor here as linked reference. (you can leave it blank)

-"TieFeet". self explanatory. if you dont want the victims ankles to be tied, leave this unchecked.

-ignore the other properties. these have been removed for the sake of being standalone. I might reintroduce them in a separate upload.

-Place an Activator. The Worldobject "NooseButton_HR" comes with the required script attached, But you can attach the script "Noosebutton_SRC" to any activator item you want.

-For the "noose" Property of the Activator script, choose the Rope.

Credits

-Gandaganza from Nexus for some of the Gallow Meshes

-t.ara for the waitanimation

-Haeretic for the HDT-Rope

Thanks very much for this! 

While ZEP doesn't normally play too well with ZAP 8+ other things, but I'm sure that someone will be able to find a way round that ?  (EDIT: My memory may be playing tricks and it's possible that it was TUFP that was a bit reluctant to play nicely ?

See the comment below and those immediately preceding it as to what works with what

Anyway, for the sake of clarity, can we assume that you have no objection to people trying to get this to work without dependency on ZEP?

And if that''s OK, is there anyone out there up to doing that?

Since the only Reason for the Zep Requirement is a single Animation File, that should be Easy to overcome. Im working on that.

Right now It schould work even without ZEP, but the Animation which Locks an actor in Place wont work, so NPC´s might be a bit reluctant to remain in position.

Please take care not to install ZEP beside ZAP 8 or higher (it will damage the version(s)!!!!

Always think about, that ZEP has been made for a special version of ZAP 7, which is in that case being overwritten and from that time on MODIFIED for being played with Maria Eden.  The changes can maybe be reveresed by deinstalling ZEP again, but I did not prof that.

ZEP is an own framework, which is performing and changing ZAP 7. It´s not working for ZAP 8 or higher.

Furnitures are for NPCs "glitchy" because of the fact, that there´s (until now) no mod available to implement new animations into SKYRIM, which are based on the common animation-behavior, which means that all existing animations are not compatible with skyrim in whole. ZAP uses the normal way, how furnitures are being added inside of SKYRIM by using FNIS as the sidechain. That´s why ZAP is so light-weighted and handy to the gameplay.

This problem will last as long the FNIS - based animations can´t offer no better technical precision.

To me it seems that this function is close to the older available MARIA EDEN - version, the first old version. A script, if it has a good made script, could be only interesting, if it can be fired inside of the furniture-use. If that´s possible, and if that´s working also error-free for NPCs, such a stuff could become an addition for ZAP.

It´s in every case important to let the users know inside of the description not to install ZEP into ZAP 8 or higher !!!!

Thanks for the Clarification. That certainly explains a few Hiccups on my Side ?. I removed the Dependency's.

I just looked At MARIA EDEN and judging from the Screenshots, Yes, its propably pretty much the Same thing.

The Only Real "Feature" of my upload is the the fact that the actors limbs remain tied after death. I really dont want to claim i did something revolutionary here.

I just saw stuff like "Gallows of Skyrim" and "Civil War Aftermath" and noticed that no one has this implemeted, so i thought i could contribute something.

Also i thought such a bare bones demonstration might be a bit less intimidating to download than A huge Mod like Your´s.

17 minutes ago, Pamatronic said:

Thanks for the Clarification. That certainly explains a few Hiccups on my Side ?. I removed the Dependency's.

I just looked At MARIA EDEN and judging from the Screenshots, Yes, its propably pretty much the Same thing.

The Only Real "Feature" of my upload is the the fact that the actors limbs remain tied after death. I really dont want to claim i did something revolutionary here.

I just saw stuff like "Gallows of Skyrim" and "Civil War Aftermath" and noticed that no one has this implemeted, so i thought i could contribute something.

Also i thought such a bare bones demonstration might be a bit less intimidating to download than A huge Mod like Your´s.

My suggestion:

If you would like, you could experiment with your script with a gallow-furniture, which I made. I can send it to you and you can try to get your script working inside the furniture.

An activation of the ragdoll would make sense after a "property-time" of your gallow-framework and then the ragdoll with the "alias"-(I guess you need an "alias-stuff" would then happen.

It means the gamer is entering and the furniture plays the animation, which I made, and then after a while your script is starting your further effect, until the character is dead.

If it´s working also for NPCs, this would be a suiting script for ZAP. Let me know if you like to work it into ZAP. You can for experiments also use ANOTHER furniture and add your script simply there. Important is, that your script is letting the character on it´s location and that it dont affect the height, as my noose can not be stretched. Falling down is not possible. Instead can your script open the trap-gallow-door (by a choose-able property as well) and by this way open any sort of "door" so to be flexible for different gallows (which are all available in ZAP).

Everything is fine, I did not like to critize your work, anyway is it important to prevent some users from overwriting ZAP 8/plus with ZEP.

Lot of people would be happy with such a function inside of ZAP.

Second idea:

And if you want that, you could also find a way of script, so to be-head the (N)PCs inside of a guiloutine with all it´s details. There´s a mod out, which beheads the enemy with the swords in fight-scenery. This could be transported into a furniture-script as well?!....At the final end should the bodies sink away from the furniture (ragdoll) with their lost rolling head onto the ground. The script has to be easy-going and simple as possible. If you like to do that for ZAP, I would add another guiloutine for that.

A third idea:

Garrote-death: I made different garottes, which also could house a script, so that the character would go into ragdoll, but has to keep the neck in position. This is a third part, which could beworked for a stuff with a dead-ending for (N)PCs.

I can add another idea, which has been created by ZEP as effect in furnitures:

The longer, the (NPC) is using a furniture like the nailed crux (rope-crux), the more he character looses his "life", health....slowly the character is going to die....this is, why ZAP uses the DEADLY-furniture-keywords on some furnitures.

You could also have this function available inside of suiting furnitures in form of a furniture-script. I would merge this function with a torture-script for some other suiting furnitures as well.

For the game it is important, that this scripts do only start, if an NPC is using the furniture.

Audio-files and FX-files play-options could be part of such scripts.

(you can also maybe contact with ZAIRA (MARIA EDEN) and MUSJE (PAH) so to work together, if you like)

In Fact, I did Already try something like this with your Garrote back in 2018, and it does work in concept. The Npc would be locked in place, and upon activation of the Garrote wheel he would slowly start to loose health. further turns on the wheel would speed this process up. Eventually he would die. And Yes, he can be locked in Place. The problem was only, that upon dying the actor would be violently pushed around by the collision box of the Garrote while his neck would remain in Place.

This should be easy to solve if you can provide an altered Garrote nif ( reduced colli boxes and some additional nodes which overlapp with the actors ankles/wrists to apply additional Havok-constraints to).

If you would send me the gallow furniture, that´d be awesome :D. i´m pretty sure something similar can be achieved for this as well).

But I´m afraid the Guillotine would be a bit difficult to realize :/. I have been dicking around this Idea for a while. But every lead on this topic points to the conclusion that the only way to achieve a "true" Decap, is via the vanilla execution- or killmove animation. It cannot be achieved by a script as far as i know. (you could kill an actor and and have a headless corpse. But no rolling Head)

On another Note, can you point me to someone who knows how to make Hdt-Equippables? like the chained ankle shackles for Example. I had an idea for an alternate Hanging-rope instead of the currently used animobject. someone with experience in that field can probably tell me really quick whether it would work.

In Any case, thanks for the opportunity!

13 minutes ago, Yoen said:

"Havoc constraints keep the hands and feet of the victim tied together when in ragdoll state"

please add this to the Bad Ends:Executions mod

Yes please.

I hope to make my own execution mod too...

16 minutes ago, Delzaron said:

sadly, the archive seems corrupted. I can't open it with winrar.

Edit : online rar archive extractor work. Please pack in a zip, it's more sure.

Tested your mod, it's amazing. It's the thing I'll need for some projects !

10 minutes ago, Delzaron said:

Yes please.

I hope to make my own execution mod too...

Edit : online rar archive extractor work. Please pack in a zip, it's more sure.

Tested your mod, it's amazing. It's the thing I'll need for some projects !

I´m sorry, i wasnt paying attention and used WinRar by accident. Zip file is up.

35 minutes ago, Yoen said:

"Havoc constraints keep the hands and feet of the victim tied together when in ragdoll state"

please add this to the Bad Ends:Executions mod

Well, this was the original reason to even upload this thing. So I definitively want to see this in BE:EX, too.

The Problem is, that the original author used a lot of CK generated scripts. And these are difficult to reverse engineer (I Haven´t done any Qest creation with the CK yet).

It would probably be easier to redo the whole thing with "Human generated" scripts. but this would take time.

I will keep it on the List.

On 3/20/2020 at 6:42 PM, Pamatronic said:

Does it work in SE?

NO. i mean, basically it does, but if you try to run FNIS with this it will corrupt your behaviour and everyone will T-Pose.

This works perfectly fine in SE, once the anim is converted. No T-Posing post FNIS run. I'm betting I could even flag this ESL without an issue.

Ran flawlessly.

BoundHangingScript-SSEConv.7z

21 minutes ago, WandererZero said:

I'm betting I could even flag this ESL without an issue.

Ayup.

So, here we go. This is fully converted to SSE, with a ESP flagged as ESL. It works fine and spiffy. Managed to hang myself quite nicely.

image.png.f92231280eb49487b6ca4da4a007ec9f.png

SSE Version: 1.5.80/SKSE .16

image.png.44adf86d375740deccb2439d54d5bcb1.png

image.png.24c879f3a85e733253fd49ca20255125.png

There you have it. Works nicely. No real extra effort needed here.

Here you go, feel free to add this to your Downloads. This is the Bound Hanging Script, animation converted for SSE, with an ESL flagged ESP.

BoundHangingScript-ESL.7z

Whoomp there it is, and you know....no need to get hung up on the details!

Cheers!

40 minutes ago, WandererZero said:

This works perfectly fine in SE, once the anim is converted.

Ah, didnt know the anim file itself had to be converted as well. i thought you just had to run it through the 64 version of FNIS.

Kudos to you man!

4 minutes ago, Pamatronic said:

Ah, didnt know the anim file itself had to be converted as well. i thought you just had to run it through the 64 version of FNIS.

Kudos to you man!

No problem. It's quite usable, I may actually fire up Dread Prison, and move your gallows to a space nearby. Dread Prison already has beheadings, but a nice outdoor spectacle stage would be nice too.

Anyway, good job on this mod so far.

7 hours ago, WandererZero said:

No problem. It's quite usable, I may actually fire up Dread Prison, and move your gallows to a space nearby. Dread Prison already has beheadings, but a nice outdoor spectacle stage would be nice too.

Anyway, good job on this mod so far.

If you succeed, can you let novices like me know how you did, and exactly what to do to make that happen? 

'Whatever515' added the executions to Dread Prison at my request, and I'd love to be able to place these gallows outside  LOL

No real problem with the esthetics here.

Testing it as I write.

• First test : The follower activates left button. My character is dragged violently to the gallows, though the plate doesn't move IIRC, then dies after ~5-10 seconds, and the game is relaunched to the previous save. I had forgotten how it felt to die (not because I'm good, just that I always use death alternative and/or defeat). On the second attempt to do the same, CTD. I tested it 4 times to be sure.
  • Second test : clicking myself on left button. Same result (first attempt results in death, second in CTD) (tested 3 times).
  • Third test : right button myself. It moved my character on the gallows with no other effects, I moved to the ground, activated the button, was dragged to the gallows death, the game reload, I activated the button, CTD.
  • Fourth test : follower activates right button. She is moved on the gallows. I pull the lever, everything goes as planned. 

Using the button to trigger the executions results in rather brutal death, due to the sudden move from the ground to the gallows. In two cases the rope even made a full turn around the horizontal bar, as the character was dragged at high speed from the ground.

Though various tests, it seems the CTD occurs when you use twice the same side of the gallows (haven't tested using one then the other).

The time for death was seemingly more than 10-15 secondes for a follower.

Besides the CTD, which are all unlikely to occur in a regular game I guess, the "issues" and (esthetics) "incompabilities" (some being more of suggestions than issues) I saw :

(for immersion, lets say the Dragonborn goes to talk to a soon-to-be-executed in a mod), is that the follower doesn't turn her head, nor even blink, though keep on moving lips for talking.

- when my follower is dead, I can't interact with her, but the "talk" action is still appearing. (though by spamming the action key, I was finally offered again the possibility to have her do something. I haven't been able to test or retest it as I was using Frostfall on a shitty weather and my character was frozen to death too soon, and then I forgot about it).

- when using ballet boots or even higher restrictive ballet boots, the rope goes up above the wood (as the character is taller than his true size)

- "Look what you see" mod, "follow camera (180°)" causes a similar problem : the rope seemingly follow an axis of the neck, and consequently move away from the horizontal bar. But it allows the character's head to look around.

- I often use jumping to exit some animations. In this case, it erases the rope (I forgot to test the button or lever again)

- using "Simple NPC Outfit Manager" on a follower on the gallows (before execution) remove the follower from the rope (I will have to check, but I recall it also removed the rope).

I'm not sure my "tests" are useful, but at least the CTD are replicable. It's like being in control of my own failures, feels great!

Are the gallows(es) behind in your pics supposed to be here? (because they aren't in my game)?

Thanks !

43 minutes ago, donkeywho said:

If you succeed, can you let novices like me know how you did, and exactly what to do to make that happen? 

'Whatever515' added the executions to Dread Prison at my request, and I'd love to be able to place these gallows outside  LOL

Well, I mean. I have not actually cracked open Pamatronic's ESP yet...depending on how things are done, it may just be a matter of moving the gallows to a new locale near the lady stone island, where Dread is located.

Thing is though, I have a number of small little projects in the fire at the moment. I'll try to get to this soon, but I'm in the middle of writing some stuff for other mods...which is mainly my thing. When I do get to this, I will try and simply post a patched ESP/ESL. Keep in mind, I'm simply talking about a move of proximity. I'm not going to be adding Dread to this mod, or adding this mod to Dread. It would just be nice to be able to bag up a prisoner with say, the Defeat mod, carry them outside...and hang those rascals.

14 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

In Fact, I did Already try something like this with your Garrote back in 2018, and it does work in concept. The Npc would be locked in place, and upon activation of the Garrote wheel he would slowly start to loose health. further turns on the wheel would speed this process up. Eventually he would die. And Yes, he can be locked in Place. The problem was only, that upon dying the actor would be violently pushed around by the collision box of the Garrote while his neck would remain in Place.

This should be easy to solve if you can provide an altered Garrote nif ( reduced colli boxes and some additional nodes which overlapp with the actors ankles/wrists to apply additional Havok-constraints to).

The way the collision inside the furniture is no problem-anyway would it be the best to have it like the original model is based.

ZAP 9 offers a possibility, so to HIDE the active furniture (inclusive it´s collision, which means, that I can use an alternative model of the furniture during it´s performance - as long it´s in use.

I need to see what your script is doing and how the character is reacting on collision in the near area around then. I can in this case only suggest to let me use your work of the garotte-script inside of zap 9 and look what it does so far-in between has the pack 4 or five new garottes, sitting and standing-poses, all with dedicated activator-handle for "virtual use" The furnitures have in between a weighted rope, which is stretch-able around the victim´s neck and which is being equipped during the time being in the furniture. This stretchable rope could become important maybe also for the gallow, if we want to simulate a fall-down of the victim. I cn in between create such a stretch-rope also for a gallow if wanted. Anyway has the gallow script to hold the dying body then into a little deeper position then...maybe this heights-difference could become a property-parameter. My gallows have the trap-door and the length of the neck and the noose in walking-heights..means that the character is standing on the trap-door with naked feet. If the trap opens, the character should then fall and begin to ragdoll and hang a little deeper then in the ragdoll-pose which is not any longer an animation. I can prepare such an furniture for you, so that the character is standing with the equipped noose and waiting for the NPC, who is activating the trap, then your script begins to perform, the character is starting the ragdoll and dying onto the hanging rope, little deeper on the stretched rope then. ZAP can equip easily every sort of asset...this leads to the next important point:.......

If you would send me the gallow furniture, that´d be awesome :D. i´m pretty sure something similar can be achieved for this as well).

I´ll create for you an asset so to be able to create the gallow like described more higher.....

But I´m afraid the Guillotine would be a bit difficult to realize :/. I have been dicking around this Idea for a while. But every lead on this topic points to the conclusion that the only way to achieve a "true" Decap, is via the vanilla execution- or killmove animation. It cannot be achieved by a script as far as i know. (you could kill an actor and and have a headless corpse. But no rolling Head)

Maybe the be heading sword-stuff (which i saw by some movies here somewhere around would lead to that problem....)

On another Note, can you point me to someone who knows how to make Hdt-Equippables? like the chained ankle shackles for Example. I had an idea for an alternate Hanging-rope instead of the currently used animobject. someone with experience in that field can probably tell me really quick whether it would work.

In Any case, thanks for the opportunity!

...so we are on the equip-problem for HDT chains?- No problem with zap 9 !!!!

As i mentioned more higher can you equip with ZAP 9 ALL assets during a furniture-use. Including HDT-assets, that´s why this pack is making a huge step forward.

After the furniture has been used, the character is getting back the assets, with which (s)he cam into the furniture-no problem any longer.

HDT-PE/SMP assets are also armor-assets with their own slots-in the past I wanted to add HDT-chains inside of furnitures like Animated Objects are spawned by using the animations. Under FNIS can animations also be stuffed with AO-element, so that the animation is LOADING also the suiting ANIMATED OBJECTS. This is really not very flexiable, because animations, which have been once created by FNIS are FIXED and glued together with their animated objects. In the past, there has been no other way to add cuffs to a furniture. But this way is not ideal, because some animations can be used in different furnitures with different restraints, which allows a lot of variations in fact.

HDT PE/SMP assets can NOT be equipped by using them as AO´s-it´s not possible. In between ZAP has this new cute function (which is also scripted inside the furniture itself) so to eqip the suiting assets for each furniture. You have your free choice !!!!

If you want a chain as a NOOSE, -and if this chain should be getting a height´s fixed point, you need to equip this asset also by using the ZAP 9-function. I can prepare also such a chain-anyway: the chain will be stretched if the character is falling down !!!-and a HDT-PE chain under tension is beginning to SWING -it is little looking like a stretch-band under tension-then....which leads again to your script for a property, so to have a set-able falling height into the ragdoll. Such a chain is using the skeleton´s SPLINE2-bone and on the other side (the fix-point to the gallow-pole) has to be hard-rooted to the COM-bone of the character. Durning the animation of the furniture and while the character goes into the ragdoll-pose, this COM-bone of the character is not allowed to be changed in all three directions. If the ragdoll can not guarantee that, such a chain and such a sort of rope is not the right one for the idea of this sort of furniture, combined with your new function.

I think so far, that there are only very less people creating HDT-PE assets - I met about three people: one of them made tales (but never he would create BDSM-stuff !!), the other one made one chain only, and the third one made a chain-pack with different HDT-chains as restraints and other suiting assets from metal.

I can also create HDT-PE / SMP assets-but I don´t think that this is the suiting technique for a noose (rope). I would prefer the way of a flexiable-rope, which is weightpainted and which would move like a stretch-band between the neck and the static gallow-pole.