Just a thing : the hanging is not permanent.

Ā 

If you save and reload, the body is not hanged, but lying on the ground.

There is a way to fix that ?

Ā 

And also, if I wish to not lock the ankles ? And to keep hands attached after beheading ? I think also about the furnitures in zaz 9.0...

21 hours ago, WandererZero said:

Well, I mean. I have not actually cracked open Pamatronic's ESP yet...depending on how things are done, it may just be a matter of moving the gallows to a new locale near the lady stone island, where Dread is located.

Ā 

There isn't anything to crack. the main feature of this upload is in the script. The source code of which is included in the download folder.

But to make things easier for you, i added an instruction in the mod description on how to place these somewhere else.

18 minutes ago, Pamatronic said:

There isn't anything to crack. the main feature of this upload is in the script. The source code of which is included in the download folder.

But to make things easier for you, i added an instruction in the mod description on how to place these somewhere else.

No worries, I was just using a figure of speech. ;)

Ā 

I appreciate making things easier, I have not yet had a chance to dive into this yet, but I hope to have some time this week. We'll see.

Ā 

Cheers!

On 3/23/2020 at 12:18 PM, Delzaron said:

Ā 

Ā 

And also, if I wish to not lock the ankles ? And to keep hands attached after beheading ? I think also about the furnitures in zaz 9.0...

Added the optional tied Ankles juuust for you.Ā 

Ā 

Permanent corpses aren't really the Point of this mod.

while it wouldn't be impossible, it would introduce additional script load. Especially on Cell load. Therefore i don't think this would be a meaningful addition here. sorry.

Ā 

On 3/23/2020 at 1:26 AM, ExodusTransonicMercury said:

No real problem with the esthetics here.

Testing it as I write.

• First test : The follower activates left button. My character is dragged violently to the gallows, though the plate doesn't move IIRC, then dies after ~5-10 seconds, and the game is relaunched to the previous save. I had forgotten how it felt to die (not because I'm good, just that I always use death alternative and/or defeat). On the second attempt to do the same, CTD. I tested it 4 times to be sure.
  • Second test : clicking myself on left button. Same result (first attempt results in death, second in CTD) (tested 3 times).
  • Third test : right button myself. It moved my character on the gallows with no other effects, I moved to the ground, activated the button, was dragged to the gallows death, the game reload, I activated the button, CTD.
  • Fourth test : follower activates right button. She is moved on the gallows. I pull the lever, everything goes as planned.Ā 

Using the button to trigger the executions results in rather brutal death, due to the sudden move from the ground to the gallows. In two cases the rope even made a full turn around the horizontal bar, as the character was dragged at high speed from the ground.

Though various tests, it seems the CTD occurs when you use twice the same side of the gallows (haven't tested using one then the other).

Ā 

The time for death was seemingly more than 10-15 secondes for a follower.

Ā 

Besides the CTD, which are all unlikely to occur in a regular game I guess, the "issues" and (esthetics) "incompabilities" (some being more of suggestions than issues) I sawĀ :

-Ā (for immersion, lets say the Dragonborn goes to talk to a soon-to-be-executed in a mod), is that the follower doesn't turn her head, nor even blink, though keep on moving lips for talking.

- when my follower is dead, I can't interact with her, but the "talk" action is still appearing. (though by spamming the action key, I was finally offered again the possibility to have her do something. I haven't been able to test or retest it as I was using Frostfall on a shitty weather and my character was frozen to death too soon, and then I forgot about it).

- when using ballet boots or even higher restrictive ballet boots, the rope goes up above the wood (as the character is taller than his true size)

- "Look what you see" mod, "follow camera (180Ā°)" causes a similarĀ problem : the rope seemingly follow an axis of the neck, and consequently move away from the horizontal bar. But it allows the character's head to look around.

- I often use jumping to exit some animations. In this case, it erases the rope (I forgot to test the button or lever again)

- using "Simple NPC Outfit Manager" on a follower on the gallows (before execution)Ā remove the follower from the rope (I will have to check, but I recall it also removed the rope).

Ā 

I'm not sure my "tests" are useful, but at least the CTD are replicable. It's like being in control of my own failures, feels great!

Ā 

Are the gallows(es) behind in your pics supposed to be here? (because they aren't in my game)?

Ā 

Thanks !

Ā 

thanks for your testing, but there isnt much i can do about the ctdĀ“s.

The Errors/CTDĀ“s Occur, when the same actor is hanged twice. this is (supposedly) because the command for the havokConstrainsts dumps some data on the actor which isn't properly cleared. I found some papyrus logs on forums which would support this idea (Gallows of skyrim uses this as well). But since this function is only used a single time in the entire vanilla game anyway, (Werewolf in Silver Hand Fortress) this probably wouldn't be much of a problem in a normal Game.

Ā 

-Disappearing Rope:

the rope during the wait phase is an AnimObject. meaning it only exist as a part of that animation and will dissapear when the animation ends.

It is also locked to the headĀ“s movement. therefore head-tracking is disabled, this would look weird otherwise.

Ā 

-undying followers:

the script will kill an actor five seconds after he dropped. BUT, there are some Characters(Serana for Example) who can survive the killEssential() command. no Idea why. You cant even kill them with the beheading scene.

It should work on the vast majority of followers though.

Ā 

-Background Gallows:

they have been removed from the current version in order to get rid of external dependency's.

You can still find them in the reuploaded V_0.1.0 But the dependencys are an absolute mess.

t.ara herself pointed out that the required mods for that thing are conflicting.

Ā 

just download ZEP/TUFP and try them in their respective test zones. that would be a lot easier.

Ā 

5 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

Ā 

thanks for your testing, but there isnt much i can do about the ctdĀ“s.

The Errors/CTDĀ“s Occur, when the same actor is hanged twice. this is (supposedly) because the command for the havokConstrainsts dumps some data on the actor which isn't properly cleared. I found some papyrus logs on forums which would support this idea (Gallows of skyrim uses this as well). But since this function is only used a single time in the entire vanilla game anyway, (Werewolf in Silver Hand Fortress) this probably wouldn't be much of a problem in a normal Game.

Ā 

-Disappearing Rope:

the rope during the wait phase is an AnimObject. meaning it only exist as a part of that animation and will dissapear when the animation ends.

It is also locked to the headĀ“s movement. therefore head-tracking is disabled, this would look weird otherwise.

Ā 

-undying followers:

the script will kill an actor five seconds after he dropped. BUT, there are some Characters(Serana for Example) who can survive the killEssential() command. no Idea why. You cant even kill them with the beheading scene.

It should work on the vast majority of followers though.

Ā 

-Background Gallows:

they have been removed from the current version in order to get rid of external dependency's.

You can still find them in the reuploaded V_0.1.0 But the dependencys are an absolute mess.

t.ara herself pointed out that the required mods for that thing are conflicting.

Ā 

just download ZEP/TUFP and try them in their respective test zones. that would be a lot easier.

Ā 

ItĀ“s very important, that the dying process will at least be working like the original vanilla dead. It should not be difficult to "tell" the game, that the characterĀ“s health is at zero. In that case bad issures should not be happening. For NPC the same-and NPCs, which CAN NOT DIE will not die. I would keep very CLOSE to the vanilla game-function so to have this working.

After the loading screen the things can be repeated then.

ANIMAted OBjects are how you said, bound to the animation. (In furnitures such objects would be staying equipped). If we can get this scripting working inside of a furniture, (the havok-part), then we can see the ragdoll and then see how the life-marker will then increase down....if thatĀ“s over after some seconds, we need the character to die by the official game engine. While NPCs maybe then will stay hanging with their bodies "dead" at the rope if thatĀ“s possible), the character of the gamer has to die and then load to the stored foregoing game-safe. If the character has used the god-mode, it maybe happen, that the gamerĀ“s character can be spawned twice, while the alias playerĀ“s character will keep handing at the gallow. In that case would the game stay in a loop. I saw this phenomena in Maria Eden 1.4 when using the gallow in front of the EDENĀ“s house. If you come close to your dead character, she is talking to you with a very far sounding voice-I guess that ZAIRA made this all happen and that itĀ“s not a gameĀ“s function-IDK. Anyway is the game from that time on "in stall".

My opinion is, to keep as close to vanilla functions as possible. That will guarantee working stuff. ThatĀ“s my opinion. Better a working function, which is not so much in detail, then a detailed stuff which is failing and causing CTDs, because it is not CONFIRM working with the gameĀ“s engine.

On 3/23/2020 at 12:18 PM, Delzaron said:

Ā 

Ā 

Hello Delzaron,

maybe you should have a look at MARIA EDEN 1.4. ThereĀ“s a gallow standing in frront of M. EdenĀ“s house. This gallow is working maybe, like you want to have the function.

ThereĀ“s also a scene of an NPC in a noose behind a door-after you use the door, the chair is pushed away and the NPC is hanging down and dying. Anyway do I not remember too exactly if those characers are still in bondage after they radgoll(ed).

I want to try to bring such scripting into ZAP onto the furniture. After the automatical whipping machine, audio-play-sequences etc. , I guess that every sort of script can be fired by the furniture-use.

On 3/25/2020 at 11:59 AM, t.ara said:

Hello Delzaron,

maybe you should have a look at MARIA EDEN 1.4. ThereĀ“s a gallow standing in frront of M. EdenĀ“s house. This gallow is working maybe, like you want to have the function.

ThereĀ“s also a scene of an NPC in a noose behind a door-after you use the door, the chair is pushed away and the NPC is hanging down and dying. Anyway do I not remember too exactly if those characers are still in bondage after they radgoll(ed).

I want to try to bring such scripting into ZAP onto the furniture. After the automatical whipping machine, audio-play-sequences etc. , I guess that every sort of script can be fired by the furniture-use.

link please ? I only found maria eden 2.5

21 hours ago, whatsoldier said:

Thanks for making this mod, I have been searching for something like this for a long time. I wish it would be possible to remove dead bodies though.

That's easy.

You can just add the script carrydeadbodies vanilla script to the actor base, or make a script to register death and transfer it to the garbage cell (yes, there is one !)

23 hours ago, Delzaron said:

That's easy.

You can just add the script carrydeadbodies vanilla script to the actor base, or make a script to register death and transfer it to the garbage cell (yes, there is one !)

I don't know how to do this. Modding is like rocket science to me.

i have this installed "ZaZ Animation Pack+ CBBE HDT V.8.0+"

and for some reason "Zaz Animation Pack CBBE V.8.0.[2017.11.19]" too.

It works fine with the companion, the ropes appear on her.Ā 

Anyway testing your new version.

Thx for your persistance to make this work :)Ā 

First off I would just like to say thank you for making this mod. I've been waiting for something like this for years!

Ā 

I am curious to know if you have any plansĀ to further update this so you canĀ remove the bodies, as in your other hanging mod. I just find the drop in this gallows more satisfying plus you can hang two npc's at once.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Also, for some reason, Pama's Interactive Gallows breaks the animation for my other gallows furniture from the Zaz animation pack while this one does not.Ā Ā 

1 hour ago, Graft said:

Also, for some reason, Pama's Interactive Gallows breaks the animation for my other gallows furniture from the Zaz animation pack while this one does not.

Yeah, the Interactive Gallows replace the animations for the furniture, so the old versions from Zap wont work as earlier. But from what i understand, the old animation was just a placeholder anyway, because there wasn't anything better available. to me, t.ara said she applied my changes to the upcoming Zap9 behavior, so you might as well get used to it :/.

(if you want a simple 1-piece working Gallow, i recommend the one thats included in Zairas Zaz extension Pack. they have their own behaviour and go through a 4 stage animation cycle.

wont actually kill their victim though.)

Ā 

I guess implementing the removable victims functionality is a reasonable request. might as well implement the repeatability while iam at it. IĀ“ll see to that within the next days.

Ā 

Sidenote:

Nothing stops you from placing 2 of the interactive gallows next to each other.

And since t.ara just managed to make a long version of the rope, iĀ“m thinking about making a longdrop version for the furniture Version anyway.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Cool, I will be looking forward to howeverĀ you develop this!

Ā 

I don't know how to use the creation kit and have never made a mod myself so I have been living vicariously through other peoples work.Ā  However, this is definitely inspiring me to figure out hot to use the creation kit to make a few gallows of my own...

• 3 months later...

that's a physics thing, has nothing to do with me.

maybe you are using some weird custom skeleton?

Ā 

also, this mod is pretty much obsolete. it is merely a proof of concept and has bugs.

Please use the other one i have linked in the description.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm making a little mod for myself and it looks like you have one little feature I want to do but cant figure out. I want to have a few instances where a dead body is in one of the Zaz furnitures I've put in the game. Is that possible on it's own or would I need a second mod or a script to do it? I know next to nothing about scripting or making quests but if there's and easy was to do it I would love to know.