Kurin HAF Remake *Suggestion thread*

I don't know what a Poll title is or does  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should I Just delete this topic?

• Delete it
    • keep it

This poll is closed to new votes

Heads up! I'm planning on ditching advanced apparel. it just doesn't work as well as i need it to and the important function i want from it doesn't work.

i have 3 alternatives

1. make every apparel variant into it's own item.

+allows the most customization
 -only problem with this is that it'll fill stockpiles with slightly altered clothing.

2. create a patch that includes the lewded apparel and a guide that allows you to choose what variant you want
 +doesn't bloat stockpiles

-can't have more than one variant at a time
 -most people won't take the time to read how to do it or due to a lack of understanding, break something

3, 2 versions of the patch. Bottomless and topless
 +easier for end users

-less control
 -apparel that has more than three variants will be left out or i'll have to decide on one

Thoughts?

On 5/1/2020 at 1:50 PM, MaroonToon said:

Heads up! I'm planning on ditching advanced apparel. it just doesn't work as well as i need it to and the important function i want from it doesn't work.

i have 3 alternatives

-only problem with this is that it'll fill stockpiles with slightly altered clothing.

2. create a patch that includes the lewded apparel and a guide that allows you to choose what variant you want

-most people won't take the time to read how to do it or due to a lack of understanding, break something

+easier for end users

-less control
 -apparel that has more than three variants will be left out or i'll have to decide on one

Thoughts?

I think first one is the best, the problem with stockpile isn't really one since you can either increase your storage space or simply don't craft the variants you don't want.

On 5/1/2020 at 8:50 PM, MaroonToon said:

i have 3 alternatives

+easier for end users

-less control

Thoughts?

I also think option 1 is probably the best.

Also in a side note, did the glasses clothing item get removed or did I just imagine that there was a glasses item.

1 hour ago, krimsonxg said:

I also think option 1 is probably the best.

Also in a side note, did the glasses clothing item get removed or did I just imagine that there was a glasses item.

there were never glasses

3 hours ago, FlowShi said:

I think first one is the best, the problem with stockpile isn't really one since you can either increase your storage space or simply don't craft the variants you don't want.

Ok, working on that now.
i'll have to remove or change the scarf because rimworld layer rendering is fucked

On 5/1/2020 at 7:50 AM, MaroonToon said:

create a patch that includes the lewded apparel and a guide that allows you to choose what variant you want

Why do you have to do lewded apparel? Stick to the purpose of the mod, and that was to make a HAR compliant variant.

If you wish to go ahead with the endeavor, just leave one HAR version mod as similar to the original author's vision as possible.

tl;dr Don't do anything unnecessary and or uncalled for.

I wonder if this is known issue but it appears when non kurin character spawns with kurin underwear equipped, their is a huge purple broken texture on there body. At first I thought I messed up my load order, but I couldn't really fix it by re-ordering. Also I am wondering if

"[1.1] DE Surgeries - Kurin Race patch" mod on steam workshop works with HAR version even though it is technically for the Garam Race version

4 hours ago, Rogelio11 said:

suggestion, Licentia Labs compatible when using the breast expansion and reduction serum that changes the body texture breast shape :D

Rimnude support will come eventually. sometime soon actually, already have the textures and everything

2 hours ago, DerpyNight said:

I wonder if this is known issue but it appears when non kurin character spawns with kurin underwear equipped, their is a huge purple broken texture on there body. At first I thought I messed up my load order, but I couldn't really fix it by re-ordering. Also I am wondering if

"[1.1] DE Surgeries - Kurin Race patch" mod on steam workshop works with HAR version even though it is technically for the Garam Race version

i haven't looked into DE so it might work... as for the purple boxes, i've already fixed that in an update.

10 hours ago, Gamaroguar said:

Why do you have to do lewded apparel? Stick to the purpose of the mod, and that was to make a HAR compliant variant.

If you wish to go ahead with the endeavor, just leave one HAR version mod as similar to the original author's vision as possible.

tl;dr Don't do anything unnecessary and or uncalled for.

This is the nsfw version of the mod. so of course I'm going to lewd everything i can. Also, the original purpose of this mod was to make kurin work with rjw and have nude textures. don't get preachy at me.
I've got a version that's separate and is very similar to the original. i just haven't update/uploaded it yet.
It will also have an addon that adds my custom content minus the lewd stuff.
once I'm finished with this next update for the nsfw branch, i'll work on the SFW version

It is not about me getting preachy, it is about you focusing, but i can't really say anything, it is your time and efforts not mine, you are free to do whatever, but you doing something like lewding somebody else's work would risk you getting your permission to use his mod's assets revoked, and this mod getting abandoned, unless you already had the author's permission.

35 minutes ago, Gamaroguar said:

It is not about me getting preachy, it is about you focusing, but i can't really say anything, it is your time and efforts not mine, you are free to do whatever, but you doing something like lewding somebody else's work would risk you getting your permission to use his mod's assets revoked, and this mod getting abandoned, unless you already had the author's permission.

He hasn't stated it here, but on the steamworkshop, he was in fact given permission by both the artist and the original mod creator (iirc).

Actually, it was a long time ago that he received the permission, but it is incredible to see uninformed people, still coming here to say these things.

Oh! And the mod creator of the facial animation seems to have added a new feature for modders. To adjust head sizes by defs.

I don't know if it helps people who were trying to use the mod with kurin.

if you want, gimme something you would like to see on kurins, some outfit pic (make it good one though), and i'll try to make textures. Might not be epic quality, but i'll try one for fun and to practice pixel art :v

Will try to keep style same as it currently is in kurin apparels (not sure when it will be done)

Kindly fuck off @【Littlefreak】I already knew he now has permission to modify the mod so it doesn't need the Garam framework, but he hasn't said if he asked permission specifically to lewd the mod, and some people are more sensitive to those subjects than others, Dalrae might not like his mod to be associated with what is done here.

Anyway, what i would like our dear MaroonToon to do is to either make sure Dalrae is alright with the lewdness, or don't risk to lose permission to modify the mod.

7 hours ago, Gamaroguar said:

Kindly fuck off @【Littlefreak】I already knew he now has permission to modify the mod so it doesn't need the Garam framework, but he hasn't said if he asked permission specifically to lewd the mod, and some people are more sensitive to those subjects than others, Dalrae might not like his mod to be associated with what is done here.

Anyway, what i would like our dear MaroonToon to do is to either make sure Dalrae is alright with the lewdness, or don't risk to lose permission to modify the mod.

I have permission from kuro (The Artist).
That's all that matters on this end. Dalrae never had any power over my mod. Even when it was on the workshop. I could've just left it there and it would be very unlikely that it would ever be removed.
if dalrae decided he wanted the LL version gone then he wouldn't be able to do anything. I know he's aware of it's existence and he hasn't said anything so far.
I appreciate the concern, but there's nothing to worry about.
and please, try to be civil about this? There's no need to be harsh.

Hey there,

I just encountered a bug, I am pretty sure it was not caused by this mod, problem is it affects this mod:

Used the Empire mod for several days. Suddenly load up with the mod disabled - not by me - and baam predicted bug, World generation killed and UI gone. Seems to affect whole savegame. OK, this is fine....... start anew. But here is the issue, even with Empire Mod completely gone my world creation is kinda broken, no additional factions are loaded, so no Kurin bases whatsoever. And from the Vanilla factions every time only one base is spawned, even on a "crowded" planet.

I could live with anything, but no Kurin bases is too much. Any suggestion on how I could solve this?

P.S.: Love your work, any possibility to integrate those "compability patches" (EPOE, RBSE etc.) to your mod?

Hopefully it's a small thing, but I was told that Royalty's tribute collectors require a value assigned in the mod, for how much royal favor a slave of the race  is worth. 

I had a tribute collector with a couple Kurin in my prison shortly after a raid - he offered to take them, but they were worth no favor.  Seemed like a bad deal.

5 hours ago, mosaic41 said:

can you make mincho,the mint choco slime HAR edition to?

would be a hell of a lot harder and i don't see as much demand for it. also i have no interest in it myself. i might try to do it eventually, but for now i've got other goals

On 5/20/2020 at 1:50 AM, stm0921 said:

Can this version work with DE Surgeries - Kurin HAR Edition patch ? (this patch is on steam)

that patch was made for my mod. although it might need some values changed because it's looking for the wrong ID

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. I just stumbled upon this mod while searching for a way to use Kurins with RimJobWorld. I am wondering what the reason is for the dependency on "De-Generalized Work"? Is there anyway I can run this mod without it?

Edit: Follow up question: I'm wondering how you naturally obtain the Kurin's clothing. I searched other friendly Kurins traders, and never saw any for sale. Is it possible to obtain them from traders, or would I have to cheat my way to them?

On 6/5/2020 at 5:01 PM, Nohrin said:

Hello. I just stumbled upon this mod while searching for a way to use Kurins with RimJobWorld. I am wondering what the reason is for the dependency on "De-Generalized Work"? Is there anyway I can run this mod without it?

Edit: Follow up question: I'm wondering how you naturally obtain the Kurin's clothing. I searched other friendly Kurins traders, and never saw any for sale. Is it possible to obtain them from traders, or would I have to cheat my way to them?

De-generalize work just reverts the dumb change made in 1.1 where the smithing, tailoring and crafting speed modifiers were merged. you could probably play without it, but it'll throw errors and there's no reason to not use that mod. It's light and doesn't have conflicts.
As for kurin clothing. you can craft it in the kurin tailoring bench. you'll have to research it.