Kurin HAF Remake *Suggestion thread*

I don't know what a Poll title is or does  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should I Just delete this topic?

• Delete it
    • keep it

This poll is closed to new votes

54 minutes ago, Mlacmiro said:

I'm not sure if i'm doing anything wrong but i really cannot get mod to work properly. I tried tons of mod orders but it just doesn't seem to fix the missing face/ears issue (and apparently heads now as well). Do you have any idea what's causing it?

Mod order is:

- Harmony 

- Core

- Royalty

- Humanoid Alien Races 2.0

- Garam, Advanced Apparel

- [KV] Show Hair With Hats or Hide All Hats

- Kurin HAR Edition

Do i need Kurin 1.0 or 1.1 with Garam loaded before your HAF version, or is yours meant to be a replacement for those? 

(Error on pic randomly popped, i guess thats due to texture paths)

Neither Garam nor other Kurin mods are required

if you read the description on the github you'll see that the only requirements to use this mod are Humanoid alien races and garam advanced apparel. I have zero errors on my end.
make sure to
1. download the latest version. (I will include version numbers in the next update for clarity)

2. have both garam advanced apparel and HAR above Kurin HAR edition

3. Do not use lewd kurin, Garam race addon or the kurin on the workshop.

4. Ensure that you delete the previous version instead of overwriting.

Alright, found the cause, seems i downloaded some slightly unupdated HAR; Replaced it with new one and faces finally showed up, thank you :)

Heads still missing here and there on pawn generation, but it seems that one file is missing in here Textures\Kurin\Apparel\OnSkin\Hoodie\ , a Texture1.png or you probably wanted Texture1_south/east/west to use Texture.png. Will try to duplicate and rename the file just to see if it helps

58 minutes ago, Mlacmiro said:

Alright, found the cause, seems i downloaded some slightly unupdated HAR; Replaced it with new one and faces finally showed up, thank you :)

Heads still missing here and there on pawn generation, but it seems that one file is missing in here Textures\Kurin\Apparel\OnSkin\Hoodie\ , a Texture1.png or you probably wanted Texture1_south/east/west to use Texture.png. Will try to duplicate and rename the file just to see if it helps

That's interesting. didn't think that would cause an issue and I've not run into any. I'll fix it in the next version. (I'm still learning how Garam advanced apparel works)

15 hours ago, MaroonToon said:

if you read the description on the github you'll see that the only requirements to use this mod are Humanoid alien races and garam advanced apparel. I have zero errors on my end.
make sure to
1. download the latest version. (I will include version numbers in the next update for clarity)

2. have both garam advanced apparel and HAR above Kurin HAR edition

3. Do not use lewd kurin, Garam race addon or the kurin on the workshop.

4. Ensure that you delete the previous version instead of overwriting.

What can be broken without advanced apparel? The only problem I've seen are not fully transparent parts of clothes

5 hours ago, Roshag said:

What can be broken without advanced apparel? The only problem I've seen are not fully transparent parts of clothes

incorrect colors, only one variant of clothing. the mod makes simple yet important additions. There's currently no reason to not use it.

also, i am aware that some apparel has parts that don't match the skin color when the color is changed. this is because of how the textures are. the body needs to be removed from them.

Some things I've noticed yesterday are slightly oversized apparels, cause either the new kurin is using smaller body models, or thinks all my colonists are kids (pretty sure I've seen 2 different size variants in kurin1.1, one for less 16 or 18yo and other for above; might be wrong tho). And other is some apparel don't rotate along with characters, specifically happened with pajamas, so while my pawn is facing east for example, apparel would be permanently facing south. Tried re-equipping but doesn't help. Some issue with apparels like underwear exists too, where your pawn gets colored tint above skin, unless you re-equip item, then it normalizes (think that's what you mentioned above)

About the texture1 thing i mentioned above, i tried making them manually by combining south/north files and it fixed the error. I'd post the textures but no point cause they are still oversized (hoodie and shirt files)

There was one other error i noticed related to Childhood/Adulthood stories but i couldn't pinpoint it. Happens sometimes when you randomize pawns before starting game 

But yeah keep the good work ^^

I'm not sure if this was missing or not in the original mod, but the projectile image for the Kurin Surigum is missing in game and just shows up as a purple box with an "x".

2 hours ago, Mlacmiro said:

Some things I've noticed yesterday are slightly oversized apparels, cause either the new kurin is using smaller body models, or thinks all my colonists are kids (pretty sure I've seen 2 different size variants in kurin1.1, one for less 16 or 18yo and other for above; might be wrong tho). And other is some apparel don't rotate along with characters, specifically happened with pajamas, so while my pawn is facing east for example, apparel would be permanently facing south. Tried re-equipping but doesn't help. Some issue with apparels like underwear exists too, where your pawn gets colored tint above skin, unless you re-equip item, then it normalizes (think that's what you mentioned above)

About the texture1 thing i mentioned above, i tried making them manually by combining south/north files and it fixed the error. I'd post the textures but no point cause they are still oversized (hoodie and shirt files)

There was one other error i noticed related to Childhood/Adulthood stories but i couldn't pinpoint it. Happens sometimes when you randomize pawns before starting game 

But yeah keep the good work ^^

I've fixed the apparel, but my mod does not affect pawn scaling. most of your issues are from incorrectly following instructions. I've had no issues with apparel or backstories. in any case re-download the mod.

1 hour ago, krimsonxg said:

I'm not sure if this was missing or not in the original mod, but the projectile image for the Kurin Surigum is missing in game and just shows up as a purple box with an "x".

re-download the mod. I've already fixed that issue

9 hours ago, MaroonToon said:

re-download the mod. I've already fixed that issue

Ah ok, didn't realize there was an update.

Another bug I have encounter is that with the clothing that uses 25 devilstrand and 75 other, they actually will only be crafted with 100 devilstrand.

Image_1.jpg

Image_2.jpg

I redownloaded your mod, used only basic mods needed (harmony, core, royalty, HAR, garam advanced apparel, this mod) and i still have this issue with not properly oriented apparels. 

The only idea i had was if GAA wasn't updated, but i think i'm using latest version (using 1.0.0-200304). I looked a little into files and it seems fine on first glance but i'm not expert at it. Does it work well for you? (Pajamas, open front/back knit apparels)

P.S. Just noticed pajamas swap between A B C variants every sec or so, so maybe it has something to do with naming or pathing?

pokit_3416a75f4cea9109507cacd8e2f2aefc.png

21 hours ago, Mlacmiro said:

I redownloaded your mod, used only basic mods needed (harmony, core, royalty, HAR, garam advanced apparel, this mod) and i still have this issue with not properly oriented apparels. 

The only idea i had was if GAA wasn't updated, but i think i'm using latest version (using 1.0.0-200304). I looked a little into files and it seems fine on first glance but i'm not expert at it. Does it work well for you? (Pajamas, open front/back knit apparels)

P.S. Just noticed pajamas swap between A B C variants every sec or so, so maybe it has something to do with naming or pathing?

pokit_3416a75f4cea9109507cacd8e2f2aefc.png

I downloaded the github version and tested all of the apparel and had zero problems. i have no idea what is going on, but it's likely related to: A) existing saves or B) something on your end.

On 3/23/2020 at 4:44 AM, krimsonxg said:

Ah ok, didn't realize there was an update.

Another bug I have encounter is that with the clothing that uses 25 devilstrand and 75 other, they actually will only be crafted with 100 devilstrand.

did testing on this as well and had no issues making them out of other materials

Is there a way to make original clothing and armors work with this? Forgive me if I'm asking for something stupid or of extreme difficulty. I'm relatively new to modding and enjoy playing the lost tribe start. ?

:EDIT: Actually I think I found the answer.  Thanks and sorry for bothering you all!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2020 at 3:18 AM, MaroonToon said:

All of the annoying features of garam kurin were stripped out.

..May i say that companionship needs is a good thinking? If it can keep..or not...whatever

You are really doing a good job! Thank you!?

I am getting the allied kurin colony dropping troops to support my colony during an attack, but the allied troops are arriving with only armor and gear, no weapons at all. It has happened a couple of times now. Has anyone else seen this or is it something unique to my mod mix?

Sad to see you being attacked by the toxic people at the workshop.
Thank you so much for making Kurin compatible with Humanoid Alien Races, not to mention that people can translate Kurin into other languages.
Make sure that the many hours you spent fixing this mod was not a waste.
And I would like to ask you something, but not here... I will send a message.