Kurin HAF Remake *Suggestion thread*

I don't know what a Poll title is or does  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should I Just delete this topic?

• Delete it
    • keep it

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, MaroonToon said:

De-generalize work just reverts the dumb change made in 1.1 where the smithing, tailoring and crafting speed modifiers were merged. you could probably play without it, but it'll throw errors and there's no reason to not use that mod. It's light and doesn't have conflicts.
As for kurin clothing. you can craft it in the kurin tailoring bench. you'll have to research it.

Thanks for answering. I haven't personally found a need for De-Generalized work, but I suppose if its not causing any harm I can leave it in. Then again, it's just another variable for the eventuality when everything in my mod list breaks down...

On 6/7/2020 at 3:48 AM, MaroonToon said:

De-generalize work just reverts the dumb change made in 1.1 where the smithing, tailoring and crafting speed modifiers were merged. you could probably play without it, but it'll throw errors and there's no reason to not use that mod. It's light and doesn't have conflicts.
As for kurin clothing. you can craft it in the kurin tailoring bench. you'll have to research it.

Look, this isn't cool. Its general practice not to add unnecessary requirements to mods as it introduces more things that can go wrong.

Suggest the mod. Don't mandate it.

12 hours ago, angelic8632002 said:

Look, this isn't cool. Its general practice not to add unnecessary requirements to mods as it introduces more things that can go wrong.

Suggest the mod. Don't mandate it.

well, don't worry. i have plans to remove a requirement. balances it out right?
Also, I can say with 100% confidence that it won't cause any problems. It just re-enables a feature. nothing is changed or removed. So nothing can be incompatible.
You don't like it, then change it yourself. That's what I've been told and that's what I've done.
If you have any questions on how to do so, just dm me.

On 4/6/2020 at 2:14 AM, Usagirei said:

I've backported/converted the current Combat Extended patches from Garam to HAR Edition Kurin,

its probably missing out on any apparel that wasn't on the upstream CE patch

not completely tested, but doesn't throw any errors on load at least

Kurin-HAR-CE.zip 8.03 kB · 22 downloads

Goodness, thanks a lot for this. But there is only one problem left, though. The UI for reloading and ammunition disappear when I use guns with Kurin pawn. So, I can't manually chosose between ammunition types, the CE mechanic still runs fine as usual. Is there any way to fix this ? I'll gladly upload the fixed version here if I managed to fix it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2020 at 8:56 PM, michiko said:

Goodness, thanks a lot for this. But there is only one problem left, though. The UI for reloading and ammunition disappear when I use guns with Kurin pawn. So, I can't manually chosose between ammunition types, the CE mechanic still runs fine as usual. Is there any way to fix this ? I'll gladly upload the fixed version here if I managed to fix it.

Haven't played in a while, nor booted the game to check if its currently working (it should i think), but i think i fixed that but never uploaded it 

Kurin-HAR-CE.zip

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dunno if you're still updating this (I know you havens posted on the steam side for a good while)

1.2 blew up skin color generation, hair color (Although mostly a problem for my custom hairs), and traits? It may be compatibility with 1.2 or HAR changes.  Otherwise things still function with only a few errors but the game just pretends they dont exist. 

Edit: Ear generation coming out different color from hair

20 hours ago, Hawaiiotaku said:

Dunno if you're still updating this (I know you havens posted on the steam side for a good while)

1.2 blew up skin color generation, hair color (Although mostly a problem for my custom hairs), and traits? It may be compatibility with 1.2 or HAR changes.  Otherwise things still function with only a few errors but the game just pretends they dont exist. 

Edit: Ear generation coming out different color from hair

i am still alive, but i have very little motivation at the moment. I've already made an edited XML that has the changes needed, but i haven't done anything with it. I'm still using 1.1 and will continue to do so until HCSK reaches 1.2 or i get tired of it. can't see that happening any time soon though. whenever i get the motivation I'll probably put some effort into doing some of the changes i had promised.
I've given up on steam because managing two versions of the mod is a pain and my past experience with the workshop has left me scarred. Sorry for anyone who was looking forward to that.

9 hours ago, MaroonToon said:

i am still alive, but i have very little motivation at the moment. I've already made an edited XML that has the changes needed, but i haven't done anything with it. I'm still using 1.1 and will continue to do so until HCSK reaches 1.2 or i get tired of it. can't see that happening any time soon though. whenever i get the motivation I'll probably put some effort into doing some of the changes i had promised.
I've given up on steam because managing two versions of the mod is a pain and my past experience with the workshop has left me scarred. Sorry for anyone who was looking forward to that.

I understand completely.  The kurin mod is a touchy field, although the original owner gets undrafted somewhat soonish so maybe the kurin race will move more forward.

As for 1.2, any chance we can get the patch or update (or if its already out how I can find it).  If not I can always tweak my own game, so threes no need to trouble yourself, I just have a preference for a more official release (as i don't trust my ability to make things stable.)

On 8/14/2020 at 1:29 AM, Hawaiiotaku said:

I understand completely.  The kurin mod is a touchy field, although the original owner gets undrafted somewhat soonish so maybe the kurin race will move more forward.

As for 1.2, any chance we can get the patch or update (or if its already out how I can find it).  If not I can always tweak my own game, so threes no need to trouble yourself, I just have a preference for a more official release (as i don't trust my ability to make things stable.)

aww fuck. just realized advanced apparel isn't updated yet. Doesn't mean it won't work, but it's yet another excuse for me removing the dependency. Honestly if someone wants to try to remove it and get the apparel to work properly, then i'll gladly help, but at the moment i have no drive to do it on my own.

I'll post the "updated" version on my other thread. so hang tight and be warned; There will be errors and there will be bugs.

Hi again, as per your suggestion I took look at things and while I doubt I did it right I simply turned off the garam mod and removed the dependencies from the defs.  There are almost no garam dependencies left and the game is playable once you remove em (although my scarfs are breaking).  Seems the only thing garam did at this point was limit colors as well as add the random element to it.  Strangely transparencies work just fine and a weird side effect is that outfits now have their original material color (Probably a change im going to keep on my personal patch).  I know there are ways to remove the color alteration of the materials you use.  

On a side note I have made tons of changes with my personal patch so i cant guarantee that what i did will work right out of the box.

Spoiler

Edit:

Ugh im too indecisive so ill just post my file and accept my inadequacy.  

Removed Garam comp. Added Psychic reskins using vanilla kurin texture(will need to add to quest reward if you want them in vanilla), edited to not need devistrand but same stat requirements.  Nothing absurd just be mindful i tweaked this stuff for personal vanilla game play balance.

1 hour ago, Hawaiiotaku said:

Hi again, as per your suggestion I took look at things and while I doubt I did it right I simply turned off the garam mod and removed the dependencies from the defs.  There are almost no garam dependencies left and the game is playable once you remove em (although my scarfs are breaking).  Seems the only thing garam did at this point was limit colors as well as add the random element to it.  Strangely transparencies work just fine and a weird side effect is that outfits now have their original material color (Probably a change im going to keep on my personal patch).  I know there are ways to remove the color alteration of the materials you use.  

On a side note I have made tons of changes with my personal patch so i cant guarantee that what i did will work right out of the box.

Edit:

Ugh im too indecisive so ill just post my file and accept my inadequacy.  

Removed Garam comp. Added Psychic reskins using vanilla kurin texture(will need to add to quest reward if you want them in vanilla), edited to not need devistrand but same stat requirements.  Nothing absurd just be mindful i tweaked this stuff for personal vanilla game play balance.

It would be ideal if the apparel had masking, so only parts of it used the stuff color. When the whole thing is stuffed, it makes it look much darker in places.
Honestly that was one of the reasons I used advanced apparel too, aside from the randomization that didn't work as well as I wanted it to.

To anyone else having trouble getting the world to even generate with 1.2 you might need to go into your Kurin folder -> 1.1\Defs\Race\Race.xml and delete

<disallowedTraits>
				<li>DislikesWomen</li>
				<li>DrugDesire</li>
				<li>Abrasive</li>
				<li>AnnoyingVoice</li>
				<li>CreepyBreathing</li>
            </disallowedTraits>

according to the author of Humanoid Alien Races DisabledTraits got changed or broken in 1.2.

Not sure if there will be any lasting problems to removing that but it will at least let you generate a world.

1 hour ago, insom967 said:

To anyone else having trouble getting the world to even generate with 1.2 you might need to go into your Kurin folder -> 1.1\Defs\Race\Race.xml and delete

<disallowedTraits>
				<li>DislikesWomen</li>
				<li>DrugDesire</li>
				<li>Abrasive</li>
				<li>AnnoyingVoice</li>
				<li>CreepyBreathing</li>
            </disallowedTraits>

according to the author of Humanoid Alien Races DisabledTraits got changed or broken in 1.2.

Not sure if there will be any lasting problems to removing that but it will at least let you generate a world.

Hoping this is all it takes to get it working. That'd be convenient

f6c8d98164f94d532e066e651594c291.png

7 hours ago, insom967 said:

I can't figure out if its a mod conflict or what but for some reason whenever playing as the player Kurin faction the relation with the Empire is set to -100 and will not increase. Anyone else have this issue?

I have had another report of this from the person who did some 1.2 testing for me. I have no clue why that is happening. i have set no relations with the empire so there is no reason for them to be so hostile