Kurin HAF Remake *Suggestion thread*

I don't know what a Poll title is or does  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should I Just delete this topic?

• Delete it
    • keep it

This poll is closed to new votes

22 minutes ago, Arkar1234 said:

Unfortunately, I can't help too much when it comes to this. Unless of course, you need some art assets you want me to edit the like.

?

If you think you can remove the skin part of the apparel, then I can send you the textures.

Instead of trying to revert the Garam copy to HAF, wouldn't it be easier to update the older v1.0 HAF version to make it compatible with v1.1?

I've had decent success with that approach (decompiled the old dll, rebuilt the project to v1.1 standards then recompiled) where I can create and use Kurin colonists but the only thing that seems to really hate me is the Kurin faction bases.  No matter what I try to do, if I leave kurin colonies enabled, the world map doesn't load.

As far as I can tell the HAF updated their XML defines for factions at some point but their documentation for creating factions is flagged as a WIP and doesn't seem to match newer mods.

1 hour ago, Janik said:

Instead of trying to revert the Garam copy to HAF, wouldn't it be easier to update the older v1.0 HAF version to make it compatible with v1.1?

I've had decent success with that approach (decompiled the old dll, rebuilt the project to v1.1 standards then recompiled) where I can create and use Kurin colonists but the only thing that seems to really hate me is the Kurin faction bases.  No matter what I try to do, if I leave kurin colonies enabled, the world map doesn't load.

As far as I can tell the HAF updated their XML defines for factions at some point but their documentation for creating factions is flagged as a WIP and doesn't seem to match newer mods.

I'll try that, but i want to keep all of the items from the new kurin. you've actually given me some ideas, thanks

Status Update
I've completed most of the work on the defs, but the race is proving to be a lot more complicated. kurin 1.0 had 2 .xml files for race and 1.1 has 9. I'll have to redo hair as well as faces. the face is going to be the most difficult, due to how much there is to do. There are 3 face types and I'll have to figure out which eyebrows go with which face as well as put them together. if someone wants to help with that, that would be great. for now i'll just use the 1.0 head
Thankfully there are only 2 types of ears so I should be able to make that work.

Here's what i've got, it's not done, but it has all of the important stuff. it would be easiest to Update the kurin 1.0 assembly and change any references of DRNTF to Kurin. i've tried but i have no idea what i'm doing. Might have to remove the noose trap though.

Awesome! Appreciate your work, as this garam kurin mod really is a total mess, that has to be reworked practically from the ground up. I can try to help with some ingame testing, but is it updated for 1.1? Your c# stuff in the todo list is not yet crossed out, and its yellow in the mod list, but then again the files look updated to me. What mods does it depend on now?

7 hours ago, Gihando2000 said:

Awesome! Appreciate your work, as this garam kurin mod really is a total mess, that has to be reworked practically from the ground up. I can try to help with some ingame testing, but is it updated for 1.1? Your c# stuff in the todo list is not yet crossed out, and its yellow in the mod list, but then again the files look updated to me. What mods does it depend on now?

the mod is not at all functional yet. it needs c# coding and i can't figure out how to do that.

I'm not sure if i'm doing anything wrong but i really cannot get mod to work properly. I tried tons of mod orders but it just doesn't seem to fix the missing face/ears issue (and apparently heads now as well). Do you have any idea what's causing it?

Mod order is:

- Harmony 

- Core

- Royalty

- Humanoid Alien Races 2.0

- Garam, Advanced Apparel

- [KV] Show Hair With Hats or Hide All Hats

- Kurin HAR Edition

Do i need Kurin 1.0 or 1.1 with Garam loaded before your HAF version, or is yours meant to be a replacement for those? 

(Error on pic randomly popped, i guess thats due to texture paths)

Noface.jpg.d55adb5fc639f4cea38e94ba86cc0a9c.jpg